All Comments on 'Twister to Texas'

by ronde

Sort by:
  • 28 Comments
BBeinhartBBeinhartabout 1 year ago

Thank you for a beautiful tale, Ronde!

ender2k2kender2k2kabout 1 year ago

A great story based on family history. Thanks

KachinaDollKachinaDollabout 1 year ago

I was thrilled to find a story of the old West and you didn't disappoint. A well-deserved five stars.

woodmanonewoodmanoneabout 1 year ago
Well done

I always enjoy a good western. This one, based on your family history is very enjoyable. 5 stars.

If you have the motivation, I would like, as others would also, to read more of their life and adventures. Know there had to be many adventures living and growing in Texas in that time frame.

Thanks for your hard work and keep writing.

Woodmanone

naughtyandy4unaughtyandy4uabout 1 year ago

Your stories never disappoint, always look forward to reading them 5 stars+

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

if it could have been true, it likely was, if not, dose'nt matter.

Cracker270Cracker270about 1 year ago

Great story and very well told.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Thanks for sharing this story. I love westerns and this one was excellent.

des911des911about 1 year ago

Nicely done; thank you. The epilogue is a nice touch - giving the link to your ancestors. It must have been a hard life all round. The survivors were tough people - they had to be. Otherwise, you wouldn't be here.

Good story.

bws1bws1about 1 year ago

That was a well crafted and classy telling of how two lost souls found each other. I have to say I'm in awe.

Ravey19Ravey19about 1 year ago

Beautiful and beautifully told, especially the epilogue.

NorthJerseyLearnerNorthJerseyLearnerabout 1 year ago

Great and well crafted stories of true love. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

She purposefully went out of her way to cheat on her husband. Sorry instant 1 star for me, too bad because I enjoy most of your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

5 Stars several times over. The story is very plausible and tells of the possible means by which many of us came into being. Please don’t stop writing.

steppinontoes

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I don't know whether you nailed the cultural and historical aspects.

But I feel the story is a bit rushed: Samuel doesn't kill women and children, he does not whore around, but adultery doesn't even bother him the slightest bit?

Adultery WAS much more common and accepted (at least by parts of the society) than the common perception of ancient times makes you believe, but I feel like you should explain his acceptance and love for her more in detail.

I feel like caring for each other does not spark love per se.

BamboozledBeaverBamboozledBeaverabout 1 year ago

An interesting tale. I personally found the style to be a bit choppy and matter of fact for my tastes but the personal connection you have to it and the story you wove around that were excellent.

J6480J6480about 1 year ago

You've become a true storyteller. Although the style may be seen as 'choppy' you resisted the temptation to embellish the stuff you know of and fill in with plausible details, good choice. It doesn't need any expended sex commentary and stands alone as a good honest tale. Keep up the good work

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 1 year ago

Beautiful story of fate and love. Really cool how you twisted family folklore with fiction to tell a tale of romance and the creation of a family that will endure for generations. Who's to say it didn't happen just like you told us? 5*

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

"privet general" from the Civil War, Lieutenant Colonel George Armstrong Custer

Privet is a shrub, somewhat descriptive of Custer, however, Brevet is the term you seek.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

This tale was heartfelt, thank you for sharing Ronde...!

juanviejojuanviejo9 months ago

I ENJOYED THE STORY AND GAVE YOU CINCO ESTRELLAS!

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I loved your story of Astila and Samuel. They developed a great love and respect for each other because they grew to care for each other's need. I'd like to believe that the maturing Samuel, when striped of his clothes, had a good size cock to please her with, as well as a bit of sexy chest hair to sow her the great sexy appeal of her white man!

OvercriticalOvercritical7 months ago

People do indeed do what they have to to survive if they have the inner strength. This is fiction, but there's no reason it couldn't happen that way. I'm not sure how many of the screen-watchers of today could do what these people did. I fear that the streak of inner strength that's needed is gone from the DNA of our people today. 4*

utdomutdom4 months ago

An excellent piece of work, great writing of a could be real type story. 5 Stars, and thank you

married43wishingformoremarried43wishingformore3 months ago

Loved your story. Amazing job.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

The Cherokee women and children walked the trail of tears, the slaves of the Cherokee rode barges after being shipped via New Orleans because they were valuable. The largest slave escape/revolt was in Oklahoma. Black Kettles dog soldiers raided Lincoln County Kansas killing Settlers in the Spillman Creek massacre. The 5th Calvary was the one in charge of that area though Custer was visiting the area. In short we were all a bunch of assholes.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userronde@ronde
Women tend to be the central characters in my stories, because I find their complex personalities to be fascinating. My stories come from my life experiences or the thoughts inspired by people I have met. I am an avid fan of history and especially the history of the America...