Two Different Worlds - Dominance

Story Info
Chased by the enemy.
5.3k words
4.71
3.7k
00

Part 2 of the 4 part series

Updated 12/22/2023
Created 12/10/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Commander Zir threw me into the same barred carriage as Ziko and Gilda. Thank Achad. The hard woodened floor creaked and moaned underneath as the children tried to hide under their parents arms.

"You can have someone untie you now." the commander smirked. "We should do this again some time." He abruptly walked away as the door to our cage closed.

I looked behind me and saw the family cowering behind me with their heads dipped low while Gilda and Ziko were staring at the chaos around them. Gilda, with her gravity-drawn shoulders slumped against the corner of the carriage, her eyes absent. The glimmer was gone. Ziko moved over to sit by his mother trying to console her the best way he could. In the years that I've known him, he wasn't an overly affectionate person like Gilda, but he cared about the little things. Making sure you always had your favorite fruit available, or clean towels. These little acts of kindness was who he was, once you got to know him of course.

Our prison jolts forward as we begin to make our forced journey up North. Our community glowed orange and red from the blazing inferno they set on our homes. The fire was like a hot hand reaching up for the sky raining sparks and embers like a winter snow. The crackles and snaps were dancing and swaying in the wind, leaving only a black ashen corpse where our homes used to be.

We were going to the Zuir lands. Be in their community. Most likely slaves. We had no idea what was going to be waiting for us when we arrived, but there had to be someone there who could give me some some sort of answers. Anything. It was estimated to take about seven days to get up to the Zuir community. Could I find my answers? I didn't know, especially if I was going to be turned into a slave. I began inspecting the barred carriage around us, looked for cracks, lose fillings, or anything that I could see as helpful to a possible escape.

"What are you doing?" A small voice asked. One of the children peering behind his mother's arm. A small boy, maybe four or five years old, brown eyes, swollen and red from crying.

"I'm going to find us a way out."

"Please, do you see the situation that we are in!" Their father bellowed.

"Shhh..honey please..."

"No, this is bullshit. They are going to separate us and do horrible things to my family. To all of you! There is no hope."

"Robert, please. The children."

"My dears," chimed in Gilda, "if there is a way, she will find it. If there isn't a way, we had not to worry. They wanted us alive for a reason. For a society to be thriving, there needs to be outside help. And we are that forced help unfortunately. We are the ones that will keep their society alive."

"That's supposed to make me feel better?" Robert began raising his voice, his frustration seeping over into anger. He ran his hand through his hair in justifiable frustration. Robert was an older gentleman with thin salt and peppered hair who was lean and used to be strong. The struggles of raising a family during this time put a strain on his once strong body, you could tell.

"Hey, you better not talk to her like that. You understand me?" Niko turned to face Robert and moved Gilda to the side. He was always so intensely protective of his mother. I never knew or asked much about his father. Anytime I would attempt to bring it up, Gilda would hesitate, and share almost nothing. Apparently he died from a bad infection when Niko was a baby, but that was the only information shared. Niko knew the same amount of information I did.

"Um, I don't think so." I said turning toward them. "This is what they want. For us not united, we fall, but united we conquer. I will find a way. Let me worry about that." I faced the bars, realizing the commander was taking the rear riding his large black stallion. Of course he was. Attacks always happen in the back, and why not have the best soldier guarding the most vulnerable position. We were surrounded by rough looking men riding horses or soldiers surrounding our perimeter. His military looked strong and unbreakable. He saw me staring and smiled. That smile made me unnerved. Like you knew a monster was waiting for you under your bed. But yet, there was something about that grin that made me feel intimidated.

I maintained my frown and flipped him off.

He shook his head and galloped toward our carriage still smiling.

"Just so you know, in your custom that might be offensive, but in ours it means nothing."

"Oh, so you know what it means? Good."

"You lost; you need to accept that." He said, still smirking.

"You took everything I had. My family. My friends. My home. You took-"

"When you arrive, you will understand that there are rules for individuals like yourselves that you must follow."

"People like us?" Niko asked from behind me.

"Yes. When you arrive, you will notice our community is two parts. One for the people of Zuir blood and free converts, while the other part is for you. Anyone not Zuir who chose to fight against us." He stated bluntly looking at each of us before continuing, " you never know, you might see someone familiar."

"How...many people have you enslaved?" I ask, barely able to form another thought or question. My mind was racing with this backhanded information that I just could not process.

"Let's just say we have many people who defy us, but we wish to not kill unless we have-"

"Bullshit!" yelled Niko. "I've witnessed what you and your men have done! For years!"

"Enough!" he yelled raising his hand. I cannot control all of my men, but I assure you, we try to maintain a civil and just war. Besides, how do you know if your family is really dead? Any of you." He said raising an eyebrow.

What was he inquiring? That my family was most likely captured and living out their days as slaves? I always assumed that they were alive and waiting for me to return to them somewhere in a safe community where we can be a family once again. My sister and I would play our childhood game and trick people into thinking we weren't really sisters. I held onto my flower necklace and squeezed until my knuckles turned white. I know there would have been word if they were captured, or even dead.

I broke from his gaze and looked down. There was a single key. A KEY. The only key. I immediately looked up and smiled.

"Whatever you say." and sat down in the middle of the floor. He gave me a baffled look locking his eyes with mine.

"Whatever you're thinking, don't even think about it." And rode back to has place behind all his men and the carriages carrying their new slaves.

I turned to my captured associates and smiled. " I have an idea."

Darkness finally fell, and the Zuir military decided to set up their base camp. We were located on the edge of the forest before it turns into a harsh landscape built on sand. Cacti, and tumble weeds graced the land here and there and you would only ever hear the howling and whistling of the wind moving the grains of sand to a different part of the earth. Feasting birds, and screeching eagles would occasionally break the silence looking for their next meal. We believed that witnessing a dust devil swirling across the canyon like a rattlesnake on the hunt was Achad traveling across the desert guarding her creatures here on earth. I didn't know what the Zuir believed, but I knew it was probably related to death or destruction.

The Commander and some of his men were sitting down by a makeshift fire while eating dried meats and telling stories about their lives as soldiers, their families, and what they wanted to do after Zuir conquers all the land. How ignorant do you have to be? However, I had to somehow get that key away from the Commander. I moved toward the edge of the carriage and stuck my legs out between the bars. I started swinging my legs mindlessly thinking the ways I needed to get those keys.

"So... are you gonna give us any of those dried meats? Or you just gonna let us starve?" I blurted out.

"Hey! You'll eat when we tell you to eat!" Yelled a soldier peering around his shoulder.

"You don't look like you need to eat, let me tell you. All this walking will probably do you some good huh?"

Some of the neighboring soldiers chuckled which enraged the random soldier even more before he hastily got up and started stomping toward me. He was a smaller man compared to the average Zuir man I've seen so far, maybe average height, and definitely thicker from indulging in wine and meats a bit too much in his past. Being a soldier didn't suit him.

"Listen here you bitch"

"ENOUGH!" Yelled the commander. He walked over to his fellow companion and put his hand on his soldier.

"She's doing this on purpose Folie. Don't let her get to you or your whole journey will be miserable. Ill handle this and sit down."

The soldier peered at me before sitting down and rejoining his soldier brethren.

Before I could utter a word in defiance, the commander pulled my left leg resulting in my body sliding forward forcing my torso to hit the cold steel bars hard. He had a strong unwavering grip on my ankle and brought out his knife that I had stolen earlier. I looked up at him with wide eyes unsure of what his intentions were. I gasped in startled surprise as my arms were forced to catch my body from falling over from the hard pull. I sit myself up and lean my face against the bars. He pulls on my leg causing my face to be rammed by the metal.

He slowly looked up at me, edging closer to my face which was being pulled apart from the bars.

"This is my favorite knife, and I told you I would get it back." He looked at his knife, and it still somehow glistened in total darkness. " This knife has experienced the worst and best of war. It has unfortunately slaughtered many fine men, but also defended me against the face of death." He paused. "If you keep interrupting my men while we are trying to converse about whatever it is that we want to talk about, I will use this knife on someone in this carriage and cut off a body part." His eyes narrowed as they turned the deepest color of the earth radiating a fierce, uncompromising intelligence. His face was close to mine again. Staring had somehow become our main form of communication. It seemed that it was some sort of contest, but he didn't just stare at you, he stared through you. My breathing began to feel ragged as this was the second time this man was inches from me. I could feel his fingers on my ankle slightly loosen their grip as they began to slowly inch up my calf, almost tenderly. His fingers were calloused but soft. That moment was short lived however because he forced my leg back, resulting in me sliding back to the middle of the carriage.

He turned around to my deafening silence and casually walked back to his soldiers around the crackling fire. I was still staring, even though it was to the back of his head.

"Now where were we?" He boomed so I could hear. "You will learn that the women in our society know their place and act accordingly."

His fellow soldiers cheered in agreement and unison.

"They only good fer two things. Cookin and fuckin." The soldiers only seemed to cheer louder and began talking amongst themselves again.

I waited for hours in the dark carriage, surrounded by my companions. I didn't want to fall asleep just yet, just in case.

"Dear, why are you still awake? The day will be the same tomorrow." Gilda asked softly. She was resting her head on my shoulder while Niko was sleeping in her lap, unaware of the world around him. I looked at him and wondered if he was in a temporary peace. His mother was still with him and offering her warm embrace. She could be scared for him, worried about the future, and she would have an answer comforting his mind. I sighed not realizing that Gilda was still looking at me waiting for my answer.

"Oh, yes. Just a lot on my mind I guess. Thinking about tomorrow."

I turned toward her and smiled. She softly smiled and I could still make out the wrinkles around her eyes, and the smile lines surrounding her lips. Her hair still had a mind of its own and her eyes still glistened in the surrounding moonlight with the stars shining around us, offering us a brief glimpse of the forest around us. It really was beautiful.

"Gilda, are you still awake?"

She mumbled something under her breath trying to turn my shoulder into a soft pillow.

"Gilda. I have this."

Gilda looked up and her jaw dropped. She slowly sat up trying not to disrupt Niko. I was holding the key that was on the commander's belt. Gilda remained speechless and smiled.

"Tomorrow will definitely be different." I smiled.

"Thats why you were antagonizing...that's why you have been awake. You've been waiting just in case he notices. Oh Cassia, oh Ahava." Gilda gasped.

"You really did have a plan, oh dear." Gilda squeezed my hand affectionately. "Then I will definitely need to get some rest."

I let her head rest on my shoulder as I silently prayed to Achad to give us some sort of distraction so we can have one final chance for escape. That was all that we needed. One final chance, Achad please. I prayed over and over, and I finally drifted off to sleep.

We woke from our slumber from the overweight soldier, Folie, banging on the bars. My eyes felt heavy with weariness. The weight of exhaustion was forcing me to keep my eyes open. I slumped against the back wall, my posture betraying me, the tiredness that seeped into my bones during the night. I didn't sleep well and I didn't dream. I look over and Folie was peering at me with hateful eyes. I flip him off. Hopefully he knows what that means.

"You just wait. You'll get whats comin to you." He threatened menacingly.

I stared back at him in silence, not wanting the commander to make his threat from last night into a reality. Even if it was someone like Folie.

Folie spit into the carriage and smirked.

"Enjoy your breakfast."

I immediately became nauseous and moved to the other side of the carriage so I could forget about Folie's optimal breakfast suggestion. I looked up at the sky and noticed thick, heavy clouds begin to form in the once clear blue sky. Looking at the sky, and the nature around us, no one would have imagined the carnage that occurred the day before. The death, the damage, the ruined lives of innocent people. Targeted for just being different and having different beliefs. However, looking up at the sky, I knew that Achad listened to my prayer. She would help us.

We continued to trek through the thinning mountain side when suddenly the mountainside turned dark. Dark clouds were gathering, casting long shadows down the large trees. The storm was turning into an awesome spectacle, powerful, dangerous, and menacing. The air around us shook as the loud, booming wind began to hammer the trees while thunder crashed and roared overhead. Rain began falling in chaotic drops, the wind throwing them in all directions. It begins to run down the metal bars, heavy, with purpose.

Suddenly I hear a loud bang and our transport stops immediately and we find ourselves trying to regain our balance from the unexpected halt.

"Damn it! What the hell happened." I hear an unknown soldier complain as he was rolling his eyes.

"Men, halt!" I see all the soldiers move to the front of the blockade with the commander shortly following suit. This was the time. I know this is what Achad had in mind for us. She was giving us another chance at life. I look over at Gilda who had told the others of our plan. We all nodded in agreement and were ready. I grab the key from my pocket and start going for the lock. I look around and hastily try to fit the key inside. Please work. Please work. Click. The door to our moving cell slowly opens. My heart was pounding so loudly, I was sure Gilda could hear it through the rain and thunder. I was the first to gingerly step out and gradually peer around the corner. The fallen tree had plumes of smoke seeping out from its insides. The black smoke reached for the sky, eventually fading into the wild grey abyss above us. Fortunately for us, it was blocking the entire blockades path.

I wave to the others to cautiously step out of the carriage. First it was Gilda, then the wife, the children, Robert, and Niko.

I turn to the frightened family huddled together trying to protect themselves from the harsh rain.

"You guys run back to the mountains, i know there are other communities out there. Us three will follow. Get the children to safety first. Okay??" The parents nod in agreement, and the wife decides to go first. She peers behind the carriage and darts for the tree's children in hand. Now it was Robert's turn. He peeks through the bars and notices a soldier walking back.

"We have a problem. A soldier is walking our way right now."

"Hold. We wait to see what he does. If he even suspected that we weren't in that carriage, I assure you he wouldn't be walking."

Everyone remains still. I wasnt even sure if I was still breathing and i feel Gilda grip my shoulder and squeeze. I could feel her small hand shaking.

Robert peers through the bars for a second time and the soldier was grabbing certain tools from the truck. He shuts the door and begins walking back to the front of the blockage. Robert and his children bolt for the tree line and are reunited with his family. They embrace and beginning running into the depths of the forest not looking back.

The rain was heavy, and the drops were anxious to reach the ground. The rain was cold against the warm blood flowing underneath my skin. Niko took Gilda's hand, and they cautiously began to move forward. Suddenly Gilda slips in the mud twisting her ankle. She covered her mouth to conceal her scream of pain while Niko was struggling to get her upright, panicking and trying to help her regain her footing in now the rich browns of the earth that bought a new strength from the rain. The road was now a dangerous mud pit.

Niko was still struggling trying to help Gilda cross the path, but she kept losing her balance. I grabbed the key from the carriage lock and ran across trying to lift Gilda by her right arm while Niko grabbed the left.

"Oh dear. I'm so sorry." she winced.

"It's okay mom, just a twisted ankle," Niko reassured her while we were carrying her across the path. We were almost to solid ground when I hear a man yell. I look up and see the commander running straight for me. His jaw was tense, and his body stiff as he ran with ease through the thick mud.

"Go!" I yell before I split from Niko and Gilda. They would have a tougher time catching us if we split up and I needed to go back west.

"Catch the escaped slaves! Check the other carriages! She's mine!"

The air was thick with the scent of decaying leaves and the newly damp earth. The uneven ground had me twisting and turning with the small branches of the trees nipping at my arms and legs. Every rustle of branches or leaves made my heart race with fear, but I kept running.

I suddenly came to a halt and slid on my heels and butt trying to save myself from a painful fall. I look down from the camouflaged cliff with a stream of earth rich water carving the forest ground about 15 feet down. I stood up not brushing off the debris that accumulated from my near miss. I quickly look for a new direction before the commander tackles me, forcing our descent into the earth-stricken waters below.

We tumbled down the embankment as we crash into the muddled waters forcing the air from both our lungs. The water was deeper than it looked, and I began to panic. I couldn't see the commander and I couldn't feel solid ground. My feet were searching for solid earth to find any stability against the steady currents while I was trying to keep my head afloat. My lungs were inhaling air and briny water. I began sinking as my legs tired and struggled to push me back toward the sun speckled surface.

12