All Comments on 'Two Halves or a Whole?'

by rhetthebrat

Sort by:
  • 217 Comments
CriosCriosabout 2 years ago

Awesome reconciliation story. None of your stories have disappointed. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This deserves a higher mark but you are going up against the btb crowd. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Nice romantic fantasy. I had some questions but you did answer them. I liked how Pete picked up how she grew and came out of the divorce a better and stronger person and maintained all of her friendships while he wallowed in self pity and anger. I think what is therapist was saying made since and I liked how he let Pete decide where to take things. He just put the cards on the table and mentioned options.

I do not like how Pete was so miserable in life. I do not disagree with anger and how he felt his ex screwed up his life plans. But why be so miserable? I myself had a situation where the lady I was engaged to, been together over 2 years, cheated. She was sorry etc but I was done. I hated her. Still do in a way. But I found dating others was easy and 2 years after the break up I found someone I loved and we got married and have two kids together and life is great. Do I miss what I had? No, no longer. Do I forgive her? Nope. But I am glad she did it as I found another and life is great. Pete acts like all woman are the same and without her life is over. Bull shit. All that Gwyn is doing is really for herself.

Again, I like your story. But in my real world even if she moved to be near me I would not let her in my home or office and if she continued I would move. Worst case I would see if this job allowed a transfer or remote work situation and quietly move away.

Vlad2manVlad2manabout 2 years ago

Wow! Thank you so much for this follow-on story. The depth you went into Pete and Gwyn's characters, the honesty and pain, were very realistic. Made me really think about some of the ways I've hurt people and been hurt. This is one of the best make-up stories I can remember reading.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Just not a fan of reconciliations where the cheater rips their spouse's heart out with their betrayal. This one is better than most as it shows they both work back towards it but the circumstances of her cheating are easily repeated and no matter how repentant someone is there is also going to be doubt. Can he trust her when she goes out with friends? The trust has been broken and I just don't see how anyone gets that back. 4*

EZ8ltEZ8ltabout 2 years ago

Still nothing happens with Jeff, he was wrote off being an ass? Yeah no.

grogers7grogers7about 2 years ago

Ok! I'm hooked. We need the story of Pete & Gwen to continue to blossom and grow -- just like real life couples. Long term loving, successful marriage

5*

francemanfrancemanabout 2 years ago

Very good sequel.

I was skeptical at first seeing that you had planned a reconciliation.

I was really afraid of having a RAAC.

Especially remembering the Mighty Pen story, where it seemed like she had spent the entire weekend out of bed with Jeff. It seemed to mean a sequence and a repetition of sexual intercourse and therefore excluded a single error of drunkenness.

In history class, she claims it happened just once, on Sunday night.

Truth, lie.

Everyone has to believe what they want.

On the other hand, it is undeniable that there is regret, shame, atonement and redemption.

I also really liked the change in behavior, balance and love within the couple, where unlike the first story, Gwyn seems to have become the more loving, the more needy, the more dependent of the two.

In the end, we are witnessing a real reconciliation.

well done and thank you.

lc69hunterlc69hunterabout 2 years ago

God, I love the way this ended.

mac1729mac1729about 2 years ago

Excellent sequel, sometimes people need to grow up and atone for their mistakes

SplitGeode66SplitGeode66about 2 years ago

An outstanding story, especially a reconciliation story. Your storytelling reminds me I f other great writers on literotica such as Ohio, qhml1, blackrandl1956, Malraux, and HardDaysKnight. Bravo. 5++ stars.

FljimFljimabout 2 years ago
Really good

Well done! Really enjoyed it! Thanks

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 2 years ago

Outstanding story! It is really hard to forgive but the benefits are worth it.

5

waratahwaratahabout 2 years ago

A lot to like.

My complaint was it was a bit repetitive, a bit over dramatic ( eleven, should have been eight lol)

calgarycamperscalgarycampersabout 2 years ago

Thank you for sharing. Now, blow up Jeff!

invisible_bridgesinvisible_bridgesabout 2 years ago

You cheated a bit here. It was pretty clear in 'the Mighty Pen' that Gywn fucking Jeff wasn't merely a drunken mistake --- it was an act of rebellion against growing up, against the prospect of parenthood, against monogamous marriage.

.

Pete knew Gwyn was prepared to cheat on him. That's why he left the pen in the bed.

.

'The Mighty Pen' had a perfect, understated ending. No one could accuse this sequel of being understated. But on its own terms, it's a well-told, satisfying romance, worthy of 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I thought that was terrible. Why on earth would she want to get back with such a big baby?

bobareenobobareenoabout 2 years ago

he original story was fine as it was, a gem. This did not detract from it, it created the setting for that gem to shine.

eliocecheteliocechetabout 2 years ago

Even better reading than the prequel story. 5++stars, rhetthebrat. I sincerely believe You are already one of the best authors on this site.

gardalmungardalmunabout 2 years ago

Well written. I liked it well enough but glossing over the fact that she had a thing going with his friend when they first met and while they were first dating. He had the right to know about that as soon as they discussed marriage. She hid that from him and so did any of his friends that knew about it. Hell the guy had a pet name for her that he still used 3 years into their marriage. Jeff new he was going to be able to hit that again because she never made him stop and never came clean about the relationship. She was a spoiled bitch in the first but did work her way back in the second. Well told story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

An example of when an ending should stay an ending for a good story. 7 more pages of pain and suffering are overkill.

EgregiousEgregiousabout 2 years ago

Thanks. A great companion story to A Mighty Pen. Five out of Five.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Excellent, well written story. Well done.

However, although I have no problem with reconciliation, this was too romantic. It did not address her earlier betrayals with Jeff: the double dating, the pet name and her taking Jeff's side when she failed to support him when baited by Jeff and his crowd; not to mention her lack of response to his texts throughout the weekend. Even if you didn't want to cover their reconciliation in detail at least some passing reference to these specific actions by her that showed her betrayal to be much much more than a drunken one-night stand. It made the story feel incomplete.

I gave 5* but was tempted with 4* because of the above.

Bronco56Bronco56about 2 years ago

The first chapter was great. Your sequel was fantastic. I enjoyed both chapters. I am now looking forward to reading some of your other stories. 5stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This was awsome. Keep doing what you do.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Well done. i enjoy believable reconciliation stories, far more than BTB. You really hit the mark.

nixroxnixroxabout 2 years ago

5 stars - A RAAC has never been one of my favorite stories, especially if it was undeserved or too quick, However, this one was very well written and it works for me. I will certainly be watching for more stories from this author.

PierremanvisPierremanvisabout 2 years ago

Brilliant writing. What a joy to read a crafted expression of love and mistakes and redemption. In this stuffed up world at present we need this some uplifting. Five for sure and please keep contributing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Emotional, powerful, beautiful! Thank you for this redemption story!

bigurnbigurnalmost 2 years ago

I did like this part. Having said that; the story still is unsatisfying due to Jeff ruining a marriage . Any time that a guy sleeps with a married woman, then he has done so with malicious intent. Especially if he and the couple, supposedly, are friends. Without any retribution against Jeff, then the story is unfinished. Barely 4 stars.

Wolfden999Wolfden999almost 2 years ago

Five stars. Excellent

TechumsahTechumsahalmost 2 years ago

Wow. Usually I have a lot of questions or critiques of reconciliations this one works. Great job.

gladventurergladventureralmost 2 years ago

Another 5 for me. So much depth in this story. I like redemption stories. It reminds that real love never fails. But it takes courage and honesty. And love Is not blind either and in that regard I agree with Invisible_Bridges, you did cheat a little. It was pretty obvious in part 1 it wasn’t just one time Sunday night. When Pete asked her why on Pg 3 and she answered “ why do I want to talk to you ... or why did I do what I did?” I wanted an answer to why she did what she did, from her mouth. I wanted to see if she truly had learned to be honest with herself and I just wanted to know how she rationalized that behavior if she loved him as much as she says. I’d think I’d need to know that if I was going to learn to trust her again. I did notice the ending was not euphoric. He said he believed her. She said she loved him. He did not reciprocate. Perhaps you left it open for another chapter or perhaps just for the imagination of each reader to write their own ending. Either way, great story. Thanks for sharing your story and a fresh perspective on life after cheating and hope.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

5 Very well written. I can't pretend to be very fond of reconciliation stories, but I must say I admire your word crafting.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Too bad the author had to fall back on the old date rape drug story device. It pretends to explain so much and ends up explaining almost nothing. As a plot element, date rape drugs are just the Martian Slut Ray in disguise, and they allow the writer to move the story forward without having to seriously deal with motivations. 2/5

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Dammit. Now we need a part 3.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I'm not always a fan of reconciliation, so often in these stories it's just used as some broad brushe stroke about moral or ethical righteousness.

"You cheated and broke my heart" "oh sorry about that, won't happen again"" oh okay!" Etc etc.

While I think you went a bit to the extreme with her essentially stalking him for a year, I think it added the emotional depth to it. I noticed a comment berating the story for using the "date rape drug" plot device, but unless I missed a huge part of the story, she just got drunk and fucked up? That tracks, people get drunk and fuck up all the time, sometimes you can forgive it, sometimes you can't.

Honestly I liked this second part leagues more than the first, the pacing in both was a bit janky, but it felt like a lot more effort went into this one.

Good story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

He deserves her. She loved him more than life itself just not enough to motivate keeping her knees together or redirecting strange cock to other than her vagina on his behalf.

More than once.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Re: Date rape drug comment:

Sorry that comment ended up under the wrong story. I read several stories, knew that I wanted to comment on one, arrowed back but a bit too far, and the comment ended up, misplaced, under this story. Mea culpa.

DexteraDexteraalmost 2 years ago

Thanl for the sequel and the happy ending. I am a sucker fot happy endings. Both the mighty pen and this focussed on emotions but this one showed the emotions from both whereas the pen only discussed Pete. Reconciliation was possible because of the reader seeing both sides and was able to empathise with them both.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Terrific story, definitely 5 stars

CriosCriosalmost 2 years ago

I never thought A Mighty Pen needed a sequel but I'm glad you wrote one. I've reread this story multiple times and always enjoy it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Great story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Cuck shit.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Jeff still needs to be dealt with. And Pete shouldn't have to remain faithful. Let him fuck anyone he wants while they're together to even things up. The only acceptable way for RAAC to end.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

It was today's new LW posting that sent me to this story, which I hadn't known about (it not being in LW). I commented at length on "A Mighty Pen," but it was before I started signing my comments. But no desire to reprise them here. Other to say that I didn't understand why Paul was "Mutt" at the time, but have now figured it out - "Mutt and Jeff" - oh. I had marked "Pen" down as a sequel candidate for when I register on the site, but of course that's off the table now. What I'd had in mind certainly wasn't Pete and Gwyn getting back together. So I entered this story with some skepticism, since it was likely that's what would happen, since it was in R. And whereas the original was in first person Pete, this was in third person, for me a less-favored choice. Rhettthebrat is such a fine writer that he managed to pull it off, but for me this isn't the 5 that "A Mighty Pen" was. A 4, yes, a 5, no. The plot here depended on a couple of deus ex machina moments, the 55th birthday visit, and even more so, the bike mishap. Without them, Pete probably would have continued wallowing in his misery until a new woman came along who would force herself into his life, something that Laura wasn't strong enough to do. Instead, Gwyn turned the trick. Perhaps with a sleight of hand. Did she really not have sex with Jeff on Saturday night? "A Mighty Pen" suggested otherwise. Maybe she shaded the truth in her recap of that weekend to Pete in this sequel. Some of the comments below this one noted some other unresolved questions (prior relationship with Jeff, laughing along with him at Pete during the cabin drinking, ignoring his texts) whose inclusion in their conversations here would have given this story more heft. Gladaventurer and a couple others noted there could be more to come in this saga. Not sure that rhetthebrat would agree. Guess we'll see. But at this point, I don't feel there's enough there for me to attempt a sequel to the sequel. Over to you, Rhett. Frankly, you may not give a damn.

QuickMagazine

nixroxnixroxalmost 2 years ago

5 stars - I really really really like this story.

RAAC was always a possibility with this story, because it was a drunken, one-time thing. She was willing to go the extra mile to show her regret and to demonstrate just how much she had changed. This is something I have never seen another author explore on this website. You did it so well.

Please write more.

That is the best encouragement I can offer - if you write it - I will read it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Well written. Enjoyed this follow up

silentsoundsilentsoundalmost 2 years ago

Hmmm. It seems some issues weren't resolved and some questions not answered but I'll review the first story before voting.

What about Jeff??

BigfundrewBigfundrewalmost 2 years ago

Pretty good. I felt it was a bit longer than it needed to be.

How is Jeff getting away with zero consequences in all this?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Wow, tons of emotion written into this story. Thanks for sharing it. 5*s.

Rocky62Rocky62almost 2 years ago

What, no wild pounding sex reunion? How bout a tattoo above her pussy with his name? Ya know undying love

MusicGuy4FunMusicGuy4Funalmost 2 years ago

Excellent work - a believable reconciliation

You made them seem real.

ReadyOneReadyOnealmost 2 years ago

This should not be a continuation. Nothing in it depended in what happened in "Pen".

1. Jeff is not addressed, neither by Pete nor Gwyn. She could have partially atoned by zapping Jeff. The fact she didn't suggests she still has a relationship with him, and that is one source of the generating incident.

2. No need for common characters between the stories. Rename everone. Create new details for the betrayal. Nothing really changes.

Make this story stand alone. And tighten it up.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

What kind of bullshit is that! Laura wants to move into together after 6 weeks of dating? That is nuts! Laura should be getting therapy!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

If Gwyn was so drunk that she didn’t realize the she was cheating on Pete then Gwyn couldn’t have given consent for Jeff to screw her. Thus Jeff raped Gwyn! So Gwyn should charge Jeff with rape then Pete wouldn’t be mad at Gwyn! The only reason Pete is upset with Gwyn is because he believed that Gwyn gave consent to Jeff. Gwyn has to send a Jeff to JAIL!

rbloch66rbloch66almost 2 years ago

A beautiful resolution to the previous part. Your writing ripped my heart out, in part 1. This part gave it back to me. Well done.

Doc_SportelloDoc_Sportelloalmost 2 years ago

Gwyn's infidelity in 'a Mighty Pen' was plausibly motivated. She wanted to remain in that extended adolescent that young adults sometimes fall into : minimal responsibilities, hanging out and partying with single friends, etc. That's an understandable, human impulse. Pete knew what was happening, knew that she was in danger of cheating on him -- thus the pen left in the bed.

.

That motivation has been fudged somewhat in this sequel. Why does she cheat? Because she was drunk. That doesn't add up. Pete left a pen in the bed because he thought Gywn might be taken advantage of?

.

This story is a good, 5 star Romance. It might have been even better -- as good as 'a Mighty Pen' -- if her original unconscious reasons for cheating had been addressed. Character flaws are more dramatic as motivations than is simple inebriation.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I really enjoyed part 2. I liked part 1 as I thought it was well written and showed some behind the scenes work of therapists/marriage councilors. In part 2, I felt that Jenny missed her calling, and should have been a therapist, with the way she talked/walked Gwyn thru getting back with Pete. At the start of ch2, Pete was a broken man. He couldn't hold a relationship for more than 6 weeks, and then went home for his dad's 55th birthday, and the one person (besides his parents) he really talks to is Jenny, his long time friend. She tells him that Gwyn would like to talk to him, so he tells her to call him. Gwyn does and they set up a meet to talk. It's only then, that Gwyn realizes that she really did break him by cheating on him. By the end of ch2, they're both back together and happy again. Granted it took a ton of work to get there.

I feel bummed that Jeff got off scott free, but karma has a way of evening up the score, and since he's a man whore that chases anything in a skirt, he'll piss off some husband who'll beat him to a pulp, break his legs, and crush his testes, meaning he won't be a pretty boy ever again, if he can ever get it back up again (that'll cut into his nookie time). He won't be bragging about anything, except past conquests.

Needless to say I thought both parts were well written and were good reads, so I gave both parts a 5 out 5 stars. Thank you for sharing your stories with us.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Very good, well-written, characters who are believable and sympathetic. I normally do not like cases in which the cheater gets forgiven, but in this case, forgiveness and taking a chance is the right outcome. 5***** and thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

She got stupid and di not listen to him, but it takes two as they say. I am unsure what ever came of the other idiot. he did need his share of consequences. Anyway, they divorced because of it and that meant their marriage was voided, terminated. At least she was very remorseful about it. Normally in these stories its the female that has a string of men but in this one he is the one that has at least one girl. If he/they want to get back together that is up to them and with a new start. I felt his heart and the length of it was real. A very reasonable story.

DeanofMeanDeanofMeanalmost 2 years ago

Such good writing wasted on such a ridiculous story line. Your dialog is great, your characters are interesting, and your premise was an interesting twist ...BUT, ok stalking much, criminal trespass, why not an order of protection no ass kicking hell no repercussions for the fuck boy kinda disappointing 5 for writing style and for 1 for believability.

dawg997dawg997almost 2 years ago

Really enjoyed this excellent conclusion of the two-part story of Gwen and Pete.

The author has done a wonderful job, thanks!

TrustingagainTrustingagainalmost 2 years ago

I have truly enjoyed both stories. But it’s missing what Gwyn had to go through to get where she needed to be, I needed to see her suffering.

We’ll done

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

WTF.....did the cuck wimp ex husband just take back the cheating skank wife.....thus is the romance....just spoiled the story....CUCK

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Good story but Jeff needed his ass kicked

JH4FunJH4Funalmost 2 years ago
Good Story (3 Stars)

I read this one after I made my previous comment on Cruise On, Bye (2022-07-21). I might not like the way the RACC went. However, I have say you tied the stories well and made it a good story.

Your ability to show various emotions in your writing was a good touch. As always your writing shows thought and imagination most of us do not have.

Keep Writing

JH4Fun

payenbrantpayenbrantalmost 2 years ago

After reading both stories....How in the world did Jeff get off so easily?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

So very sad that he could not see just how manipulative she was - and for her own benefit, too! Yes, she said that she regretted all that she had done and wanted to help him but, clearly, all her actions were focused on herself and what she wanted. He is now completely lost!

darthdaxdarthdaxalmost 2 years ago

Good writing. I felt part 1 was better. One thing I kept waiting for was for someone to address how she acted the night before he left? Pete said he didn't feel she intended to hurt him but looking back at that night I beg to differ. IMHA

Nasty56Nasty56almost 2 years ago

What about Jeff!???

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Sorry don’t usually write long comments. This story struck a nerve and paralleled an event in my real life. Then these shit-bag comments enraged me a bit.first the story-telling and premise are excellent. 5* effort easily. Even though the guy lost all his self-confidence and worth, he was eventually able to work through it. The ex was reticent and helped him. They SHOULD get back together. That said, this is rare in real life, which is why it makes a great story.

These knuckleheads who comment, are off the chart. Sitting in their basement or man-cave alone and depressed reading free stories. I get the same line of crap on stories I write. “Cucks get 1 *” like anyone cares about their rating. Like this author almost all my stuff rates 4 and above. But I’ve been making lots of caaash publishing for ten years, so I already knew I was doing something right.

I guess I get infuriated when I see a fairly new author, who’s really good, get beat up by the low-life comments. Get a life. Your woman dumped you for a better dude. She was already planning to. If it wasn’t that dude, it would have some other dude. Learn how to get better for the next one instead of writing nasty comments about no revenge.

Revenge. A three year girlfriend in my early 20’s might have led to marriage, but I went to surprise her on her job as bartender at a bowling alley. Well she was in a truck that was bouncing around the parking lot with joe blow professional bowler. He was 6’5” and had me by at least 50 lbs. I got lucky that he rolled down his window when I smacked it. Size doesn’t matter when your stuck halfway thru a window getting pummeled. I was lucky he didn’t come looking for me. They eventually married and moved away. But I’ve bedded a few married chicks too. News flash: you’re not going to get any revenge or retribution. I conceal carry and just the political books I publish have my head on a swivel. You send your friends, I hope you don’t like them much. They won’t get the chance to sneak up. The guns out before they can strike. All this shit is fantasy, that’s the point. Be a better guy next time. Trust a little less next time. Give a writer like this one some credit for his effort. He took the time to write it for you, morons. Even publishing it on a free site takes effort. He’s not in it for the glory. I don’t call you out on my stories, cause the more comments - good or bad - the better for me. But I will in other good authors works. Enough of the BTB and revenge. You all just make yourselves look silly.

Hiram325Hiram325almost 2 years ago

Skipped to the end, didn't bother. This story shouldn't have been ruined by a RAAC, that duplicitous bitch should've stayed gone. She fucked Jeff all weekend...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

First story was fine as is. This one made the man who in part 1 was decisive and strong into a pathetic child willing to take back a lying POS cheater who was WARNED, but cheated anyway. You should have left it as is, you spoiled the otherwise good part 1 and left a foul taste in readers' mouths.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

He should have killed the bitch the second she showed at his house .

ewray321ewray321almost 2 years ago

I am sure you love all the anons comments. Its like they did not read the same story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

She's Probably Lying About What Happened That Weekend, . . . but what difference does it make now? They divorced, they grew and changed, they reconnected, and now they are going to start courting again. He did not tell her he loved her, though he is showing it. He did not promise anything permanent. And he is very very wary of her weaknesses, her inadequacies, her dependencies.

It doesn't need a sequel. Either they will make it as a couple or they won't. He's been fucking around since his divorce. His ex's last cock was Jeff's, and just one time, supposedly. I think they both have a healthy regard for deception, miscommunication, and disrespect. She has put him in the driver's seat of their future. We have to assume they will both end up where they both have the desire and the intelligence to want to go. You have put them on the road, but its up to them to reach the destination. The possibility of reconciliation is plausible, but not at all guaranteed. You did that with great skill and imagination. Thank you for your effort.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

It was an okay continuation. Was pretty boring though. Reducing the infidelity down from a presumed weekend of debauchery to one single drunken blacked out hook-up really takes the sting out of the drama of it all. And there was nothing going on with Jeff and Gwyn before that? Gwynnie?

bobareenobobareenoalmost 2 years ago

Just reread this. A very fine story.

nitinjozefnitinjozefalmost 2 years ago

Well written ..enjoyed reading it. Just a few things that came to my mind though after reading both chapters.. In the Mighty Pen, during that weekend, it seemed like Gwyn was pushing Pete away...they weren't intimate at all during their weekend...so it does seems like it was more that just a drunken mistake..I feel like that aspect could've explored further which would make her struggle in the second chapter more meaning...

TwentysevenTwentysevenalmost 2 years ago

It seems to me your male characters cling too tenaciously to their grief. It is a serious character flaw to wallow in misery like this and throws doubt on their capacity to meet life's challenges.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This story was just to much. Couldn't make that leap. It reminded me of the joke of "What do you call a man who acts in the same manner as Meg Ryan in the movie 'Sleepless in Seattle'? Answer: Stalker.

The security at his office has to be the most lax of anywhere in the country. For someone to walk in and go directly to his office and no one bothers to question her? Ridiculous.

And, I may be punch card generation but even I know there is such a thing as call blocker. And when she barges into his apartment, he has to be the biggest dumbass in the world. Did he ever even have the thought to say 'get out and don't come back'?

It doesn't look like she has gained any more respect for him than she had when she was fucking his oldest friend in part one of this story. Still the same self-centered woman she has always been. She reminds me of a little child - "I want I want I want".

This is the epitome of RAAC. I think you ruined a good story.

Doc

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Best part!

She drinks tonic water.

Their crowd never grew up. Had to party hard with too much alcohol

Single Jeff and all know he is slut

And don't do anything about it. Deserved everything they got except only two paid.

Never feel sorry for characters who have friend as that and bad things happen. Consequences for choices

NicealloverNicealloveralmost 2 years ago

I thought the story was good. It’s just a bit over the top! I mean she had one mistake and she was not in her right mind, almost drugged. It is more than likely that the boy took it vantage of her! Pete’s lack of understanding of this is a bit puzzling. He’s so wrapped up in his own hurt that he can’t listen to her. It’s a bit unrealistic. Furthermore, I wish that there were more setbacks in her resolve. After all, she’s only human.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

It's a really good RAAC style story and I enjoyed it while I am usually more of a mild BTB fan. However I would not be able to return to the relationship without hurting her the same way. I would have an affair and made she she knew it so she could feel how much it hurts and that is one area that seems to be missing in the reconciliation stories.

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinionalmost 2 years ago

Fantastic story. This is the kind of ending that is needed for "Cruise On, Bye". This was definitely a Romance, but it should have been in the Loving Wives section. Thanks for the story. One of the best.

BrentJWBrentJWalmost 2 years ago

Amazing story but I feel a disconnect from the initial chapter. Here Gwyn has an undying love and puts up with his moodiness and anger. In the first chapter, Pete felt her growing away, disconnecting, refusing to engage about having children and at the holiday gathering, laughing at the groups jokes about him. No where here did it explain the transformation in her feelings or even acknowledge that she had been pulling away. Just suddenly she cheats with Jeff, realizes her betrayl and suddenly can't live without Pete? A small nitpick i know for a great story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

5! A did not read the first part, nor do I intend to do so. I skimmed the comments. Some made me feel sorry for the author. Many were very supportive. The one posted 19 hours before mine was one of the best.

Mate: you are a good writer. You show a level of sophistication and so some obviously miss the nuances. If you wrote for you, you should feel very good. If you wrote to entertain and pleasure of depth, insight and deep understand, you know we loved it. Mission accomplished! Feel good about you did.

If you have witnessed the destruction of negativity and resultant depression and wanted to help people understand it, mission accomplished! Feel like a genius.

Thanks mate!

JayZipJayZipalmost 2 years ago

Beautifully written, as usual from you. And sweet.

My only reservation about the story is that the Pete in this story doesn't seem to match the Pete in "Mighty Pen", which incidentally is one of my favorite stories here. I could actually see the Gwyn from "Mighty Pen" growing like this, but not Pete. In the first story Pete was wistful and sad, but still strong and he knew his mind. There was plenty of post-cheating narration in that story, with Gwyn trying to fight the divorce and everything; the phone call when she got the pen. Pete wasn't like this then.

I 95% don't care: that couple was so nice that I enjoy seeing them find a way to each other. But it is a nagging thought.

One fun thing: this story is kind of like a steve2244 story, with the ex-girl facing her transgression and willing to do anything to make amends (ecept you're telling a pot of it from her side). It's a nice angle on these Angry LW stories.

LoejtcLoejtcalmost 2 years ago

This is not an RAAC story. It is a RAGC I.e. reconciliation at Great cost especially for Gwen. She literally put her life on hold. She recognized both the pain she reigned down on Pete but also the immorality of the deed itself and what it said about her even if Pete never found out.

Her quest to bring healing to Pete without any promised gain to herself demonstrates a selflessness worthy of consideration.

So many LW RAAC stories treat reconciliation as an afterthought. This story does justice to the difficult, time consuming and often unsuccessful process of reconciliation after to adultery.

Very well done!

numbnutz49numbnutz49almost 2 years ago

Best comment was the one by loejtc just below me as I write this. It was reconciliation at great cost and probably the best example on this site of a woman who earned the reunion with her spouse and a long and happy life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Amazing. Please keep writing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The fact she only cooks vegetarian would be enough of a reason to ditch the bitch.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Loved it

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

That was hard to take. His parents and therapist should have helped him to move on from a vicious betrayal and not take the cheater's side, wanting him to just suck it up and accept an untrustworthy partner. Sure, she shows great remorse--maybe even a bit overboard--but that's part of the long con. There should be another sequel where she cheats on him again. The parable of the scorpion and the frog exists because it's true.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I hope he cheats on her

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good story but a little long winded you kept going back over things that you didn't need to but it was a good story

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Compared to part 1, the characters are really, really sad. By which I mean patheric, not grieving.

Pete morphed (I did not say "grew up") into something very different than he was in The Mighty Pen.

He went from being decisive to being a maudlin little boy infatuated with Gwyn.

Now Gwyn is still a selfish POS who still wants what SHE wants, instead of letting Pete the doormat go.

"She's so much more mature and centered." HAHAHAHAHA!

Jenny is NOT Pete's friend, or she'd tell him to STOP being infatuated with Gwyn, and tell Gwyn that if she REALLY changed she would LET PETE GO.

My advice is never try to turn a cheating wife saga into a romance using the same characters.

It's technically well-written, but the contrast between the first story and this one is startling, and not in a good way.

josephljosephlover 1 year ago
Karma for Jeff

I suggest another sequel where Jeff date rapes Jenny. Drugging her is discovered and Jeffs brother, Mutt cuts off Jeffs dick. Also it is learned that Jeff has drugged Gwyn when he fucked her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Both chapters are extremely well written. Loetjc's comment below is dead on. It is interesting how the author milks about every ounce out of the betrayal and pain. The betrayal is so monstrous because the two of them had been so much in love. That just crushed Pete and the guilt for Gwyn became all encompassing. Haven seen a female character on this that was more remorseful or focused on her ex-husband's welfare. Poignant portrayal. The breakthrough that he was holding onto his hate and anger as a means to still hold onto a piece of Gwyn and their dead marriage is dead on. Only by clearing that could he move on in any capacity even if not with Gwyn. Phone calls were great. Unlike a lot of comments below thought therapist was good and patient. My only beef if that we live in a modern digital Era. It seems unlikely that Pete would know none of the details of those 48 hours after 2 years. I know he self exiled and would not listen to Gwyn in Chapter 1 in counseling as to what happened. But some stuff about it only being once with Jeff on Sunday night would have leaked through. His imagination was worse than what happened. Yes her betrayal was stunning and one time is awful. But honestly for a lot of marriages (especially if kids involved) a one night drunken fling with a friend would usually lead to a father emotional resolution, whether reconciliation or just amicable relationship post divorce. His not knowing and the reliance on the pen on the bed (which did not factor in what happened on Saturday night) caused him to magnify what happened. Heck by Sunday night he was already more at peace at the hotel working out next steps. For example if when first confronted by his "if it had only been Saturday night, but Sunday night killed our marriage", she could inserted the truth right then. But she choked and got emotional. Mutt could have said something also during his final time seeing him. But also anonymous numbers could have texted him, or Facebook messenger, etc. I know in this chapter it is presented that one time was unforgivable and too much but that knowledge would have almost certainly hastened Pete's recovery even if a faster time schedule would have probably worked AGAINST reconciliation. Makes me wonder if part 1 was written standalone without any thought for reconciliation in part 2. Anyways my one quibble is how the 4th page of the first chapter and the 6th page of this chapter line up in regards to what happened, or more importantly why it came out so delayed and inefficiently. But still very well written. I loved the "I do's" at the end. It shows where they are headed.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous