Two Horribly Years Later

Story Info
There was nothing wrong with my earing.
7.5k words
3.4
23k
23
0
Story does not have any tags
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Sorry no sex just references to it.

Two horribly years later.

By loveofmyLife75.

We had been out for lunch with two of our closest friends. The four of us was about to part. With the usually hugs and kisses. Mine was short and sweet. But my wife held on to her for a long hug and a kiss on her cheek. Then she turns to him and she kissed him on the lips. I caught the end of the kiss as I turned round?

Our friends were heading out to see her mother and father. Which was in the opposite direction to where we lived. With a three-hour car drive away. They were going to stay next week it may be longer.

Please excuse me for not being polite. My name its Dennis Wilson, my wife's name is Julie. We are both twenty-five and happy and in love? Our close's friend's names are Allan and Mary Richard. We had four other close friends. But not as close as Allan and Mary.

They got in their car, we stood there and waved them off, before we got in our car heading home. It was one of those funny afternoon days. When the weather changes from being sunny and bright to windy and raining and then going dark. Julie is one of those people who hates the wind and rain when we are out in the car.

"Drive slowly," Julie said to me.

The rain came down hard and the sky went dark. Slowing down to a steady thirty miles per hour. So did lot of other drivers. Then there were the nutters. Driving like a mad man. So many of them flying past us. After a few miles the sky went darker and darker it was like the middle of the night in the late afternoon.

Julie held my arm tight she worried to death.

"Julie don't worry. I will slow down and stop if you want me to do so," I said to her.

I drove on. Out of nowhere a car came out of a side road. Hitting Julie side of the car. Pushing us in to a tree on the other side of the road. The car came to a holt with the rear door caved in. A good foot or so I was lead to believe.

The next thing I knew. We were in hospital. I had come round. All I had was cuts and bruises and a blinding headache. The two doctors asked me how I felt. I told them I was ok. Standing up to walk to show them I was ok.

"Doctor, doctor where's my wife Julie, is she ok I want to see her right away, "I called out.

One of them said, "she is stable condition and we are looking after her," The doctor said looking away from me.

Because he was looking away from me. I knew there was something wrong there and then.

"Sorry Mr. Wilson I have to straight with you. Your wife is a coma and...? "the doctor said.

The other doctor butted in at that point. Shaking his head at the other doctor. At what the other doctor had said. He changes the direction of the conversation which way it was going. And spoke about the coma. I never gave it a second thought. I was worried to death about my Julie being in a coma.

"What do you mean she in a coma," I barked at him.

"It seems that when the accident happened. She hit her head putting into a coma," the doctor said.

"When will she come out from the coma, "I asked the doctor.

"It could take minutes, hours, days or even weeks??? We have to run tests on her to make sure there is no brain damage. Will have to wait and see. Be Patience," the doctor said.

Julie was my main concern. I went to the side room where she being treated. She had tubes coming from her and the heart machine was beeping away.

"Doctor what other injuries does she have, "I asked him.

"Nothing other than she's in a coma. We have run the test, we will know much better then," the second doctor said.

I held Julie hand and burst into tears. At midnight. I was told to go home and rest. I went home.

I tossed and turned all night long. All I could think of was my Julie. In the morning, I phoned in work and told my boss what had happed and Julie was in a coma. I wanted to be there when she came out of it. So, I asked my I have a week's holidays.

"No come back to work as soon as she comes out of the coma. You are on family sick leave. Will you please keep me up to date, "My boss said to me.

Thank god I worked for a good boss and company with family sick rules. I had my breakfast if you could call it that. Showered dressed then headed for the hospital. Because Julie was in a coma, they let me in. Normally they would only let you in at visiting times.

They told me to talk to her it would bring her out of the coma. I sat there holding her hand talking about the first time we met. I talked and talked and talked to her. Laughing and telling her funny jokes.

At lunch time I was staving so I went and got a meal. God I was hungry. Back to Julie's room taking up from where I left off. Holding her other hand looking at her. I tried not to cry. But it came all the same. Sitting there telling her about our first date. I started to nod off holding her hand. Sleep had caught up with me. One of the nurses woke me and told me to go home and get some proper sleep.

As soon as I walked in. I poured out a large glass of whiskey. It never touched the sides. So, I had two more in the empty love nest.

The following day was the same as the day before. A week had pasted while I was in Julie's room talking to her. The doctor came in who first told me Julie was in a coma. He was checking up on her. I asked when would she out of it.

"Doctor, you have completed all the tests what are the results," I said.

"All I can tell you she has no brain damage as far as we can see. She is in a coma from the accident," he said to me, it's all in god's hands," he said.

A full month went by. I was at to Julie's bedside telling everything over and over again. Her face never changed. Not a blink nor a twitch. I had to go back to work my boss asked me too. But he told me to go to the hospital at lunch time to see Julie and take your time. That is what I did. Buying in my new lunch time food in the shape of sandwiches and a cup of coffee. Before, I went back to work. At five o'clock I was first out the door heading to see Julie.

On Friday night Allan and Mary came home after a month away. They dropped in. Needless to say, I was at the hospital trying to get Julie out from the coma. They left a note on the front door it said were back tell Julie to ring me. When I got home, I read the note and phoned Allan and Mary. Telling them what had happened a month ago.

Mary was in a state of shock on the phone asking can they go and see her tomorrow. I agreed to meet them a ten at the hospital. I had a problem or too. To get Allan and Mary to see Julie. Hospital rules you know, in the end because I begged for them to see Julie, they allowed them in.

Mary was in a state of shock bursting into tears holding Julie's hand. Calling out come back to us Julie over and over again. Allen was standing at the back he had a tear's coming but he held them back. I wondered why?

Mary was great. She visited Julie during the day and at night that took a load of me. She was a tower of strength thank god she was Julie's best friend. Allan visited with Mary he always looked troubled for some unknown reason?

There was no sign of Julie coming out of the coma. I asked for an interview with the main doctor. I asked one question how long before Julie will come out of the coma. This is what he said to me.

She could come out of it now, tomorrow the next day, in a week a month or a year. He went on to say it might be years from now. We cannot be sure. All we can do is play her favourite records. Will you make a recording before you too meet and up to the day of the accident so we can play it to her. All we want to do is break the coma.

I made the recording the staff played all day and every day. When I wasn't there, I held Julie's hands talking about our days before the accident. Mary was a tower of strength to me. She made a recording to help bring her round. As for Allan he sat there looking at Julie. He was in a dream world of his own.

The months past it was now a year after the accident. There was no change in Julie's condition. I had been living like a monk. The doctors never gave up on Julie thank god for the NHS.

One night Mary said to me. "Dennis, Julie could be in there for years. Have you considered in divorcing Julie and move on and let the medical staff do their best for her."

" Mary she's, my wife. I will never ever turn my back on her until the day I die. I love her so much. How could you say such a thing." bursting into tears.

"Sorry Dennis. I was thinking out loud. I wish I had not said it now."

Mary was a tower of strength she organised a rota for our other two wife's friends. To give me some time away from the hospital. I still had to work to pay the bills. I drowned my soul at least once a week for the next month.

Then the barman said to me, "you will not find the answer in the bottom of a glass."

I knew he was right.

I had to move on. So, I had a long conversation with Mary. I told her. I was missing female company. She understood me completely. But there was a glint in her eye! She told me she would go the hospital if I wanted to go out. That year I went out looking for female company. I could have gone into town there was plenty walking the streets.

I went to the dance hall where I first meet Julie. That year I made love!!! to four single women. After I told them my wife was in hospital. And I loved her with all my heart. I knew what I was doing.

With each on them. I tried to think I was making love to Julie calling out her name. Well, that was it I broke up with each of them. It was now coming up to the second year Julie had been in a coma.

I was in the hospital the doctors were in the room examining Julie. Reading there medical history notes from the day of the accident. Putting down her file on the table. Then suddenly a nurse burst in asking for the doctors to come right away. They left the room.

I don't know why to this day. Why on earth I picked up Julies medical file. I had no understanding of medical terms and what they meant.

I flicked through the pages and at the back was the notes of the day of the accident. I read it and dropped the file on the floor. I looked round to see if anyone else was in the room. Thank god there was nobody there. Picked up the file and put it back on the table. I had the good sense to take a photo of the notes I had finished reading. I then was in a daze.

In walked in Allan and Mary. Followed by a nurse to pick up the medical history file on Julie, she picked it up and left as promptly as she came. Mary went straight to Julie.

She turned to me and said, "Dennis go and get something to eat and drink."

Mary started to tell her all about the things she had bought that day. Allan sat at the back staring at Julie. I stood up in a daze and went for something to eat and drink. I had something to think about in the last five short minutes!!!

Mary and her friends were a tower of strength for me. Yet, I knew something else. The next month past. I was in my own world. I could not get it out of my thoughts what I had read in Julies medical notes. I made my plan for when Julie would come out from the coma. Everything was done and dusted in that month. I had to wait but for how long? There was no answer to that at present?

It was a Tuesday I was at work. The telephone rang in the outer office. My PA told me the hospital was on the phone. They needed to talk to me directly. My PA looked at me with a worried look. I had the same worried look on my face. Expecting the worst. I answer the phone call.

It was music to my ears. Julie over one hour ago had come out of the coma. I was asked to come to the hospital right away. I told my PA; she was jumping for joy. I told my boss.

All he said was, "thank god."

I was out of work in two steps. Picking up my mobile phone to ring Mary with the good news. Mary answered. I told her the good news the phone went dead. I was so happy until I got to the hospital.

Then I remembered what I had read over a month before. Mary was there at least twenty minutes there before myself. The traffic was bad. The pair of them were crying in each other's arms. Julie saw me and asked me over in a rusty voice.

"Dennis please kiss me," she said.

It was a long passionate kiss it might be our last. I was thinking to myself. Mary got off the bed and backed away from Julie.

"I will leave you two alone I will be back tonight," Mary said to us.

Then the doctors were back in the room and two nurses. The doctors wanted to know how she was feeling. Julie wanted to know why was she in hospital.

The doctors told her she had been in a car accident some time ago. That was an understatement.

"Mrs Wilson we are going ask you a lot of questions. Think before you answer please. We are going to do a few quick tests on you here and now. Mr Wilson could you please excuses us," the doctors said.

I left the room ten minutes later the doctors came out smiling.

"Mr Wilson we are going to keep Mrs Wilson in for a few days we need her on her feet. And fit to leave the hospital," the doctors said.

When I went back to Julie all the tubes were gone except for the heart monitor beeping away.

"Dennis please hold me tight. Tell me how long I have been in hospital. The doctor told me I have in hospital for over two years. Is that true. And something else which is...."

Julie was about to blurt out what I had read in her hospital medical notes. She managed to stop herself and looked right into my eyes. She feared the worst news anyone could receive.

"Yes, Julie you have been in here since the afternoon we said goodbye to Allan and Mary. When they were off to visit her mother and father for week and it may be much longer, "I said to her.

"I have lost two years of my life. Sorry Dennis we have lost two years of our married life together. We have a lot of catching up to do," Julie said with tears pouring from her eyes.

"Don't worry we have years ahead of us. Stop that crying and let us talk if you are up to it," I said to her.

The nurse came back to give Julie an injection.

"Sorry doctor's orders she will be asleep in half an hour for a few hours," the nurse said to us.

"Julie said, "NO, NO I don't want have the injection. I have been asleep for two long years. I what to talk to my husband and find out what's been going in his life, "Julie said in a strong voice to the nurse.

"I will have to tell the doctor. You have refused to have the injection. We were only thinking of you, "the nurse said to Julie.

"Tell the doctor I want to talk to my husband, "Julie said to the nurse.

The nurse left the room. I was with Julie telling her all about the recordings. The music we had been playing for here over and over again. I also told her about the recordings Mary had done. The roto system of visiting with all the girls. From time-to-time Julie nodded off for a few minutes.

The doctor was right she needed the rest. While she had nodded off, I went and found the nurse and told her to give her the injection Julie needed it. The nurse came back Julie was still having a short nap. The nurse gave her the injection.

I said to the nurse, "how long will she sleep for."

"She will be wide awake for visiting time tonight. So go and get something to eat and drink and a rest. Be early so you have some time with her before her friends and family take her over from you. Tomorrow you are now back on normal hospital visiting times at lunch and evening times, "the nurse said to me.

Calling Julies parents to tell them the good news and did the same to my parents. There was no need for me to tell our friends Mary was already doing it. I went back to visiting in the evening. Leaving the afternoons for friends and family. The only two that came in the evenings were Allan and Mary. Mary was bubbling every time she saw Julie. Allan sat at the back looking at Julie like he had every time he had visited while I was there.

I knew the reason. Julie was out of hospital at the end of the week. The doctor told me no intercourse for at least four weeks and no drink. I went to work, Julie stayed at home resting to get her strength back. That gave me all the time I needed. Double checking everything I had done the month before.

Our neighbour looked after Julie while I was at work. When I got home in the evening, she told me one after another were coming and going all day long. Mary was there in the afternoon supervising a rota system not to tire Julie out.

Mary was that powerhouse of a friend to both of us. Towards the end of the second week the continuous visiting dropped off. Our neighbour was glad.

By the end of the third week the visits had dropped of each day. Julie was becoming her old self and her colour was back at last. Allan and Mary were round every night. Allan and I and I had a few beers, Allan never gave anything away unless he was as drunk as a lord. He was a good poker player.

Julie and Mary were chatting away one night, Mary let it slip out one night. That I had been out looking for female company in the last year. She was certain nothing had happed. She knew I loved Julie to bits.

On the Sunday before the beginning of the forth week Julie wanted to make love. I told her what doctors had said. So, she stopped.

It was time for me to move. While I was at work on Monday, I made out a notice it read.

GONE OUT FOR A ROMANTIC DINNER.

When I got home, I checked if everyone had left and thanked my neighbour for looking after Julie. My neighbour left. I watched her get to her front door like every other night before. The notice was in the door letter box were I had put it. Pinning it to the front door. I didn't want to be disturbed.

Our neighbour had made dinner for us, As always. What a great neighbour we had. Julie and I ate our dinner. I cleared the table and washed up. Julie turns the TV on and was watching the end of a love story.

It was now crunch time as far as I was concerned.

"Julie, I must tell you a few things while you were in that coma for over two years."

"Yes, Dennis what do you want to tell me," she said with a grin on her face.

That grin as going to be wiped of her face very soon.

"Julie, before we were married did you have sex with anyone?"

"Yes, It was once and once only. The following week. I meet you and I fell in love with you that night. It was love at first sight for me. Why have you asked me after all this time," Julie said.

"Yes, Julie that night when we first meet it was love at first sight for me too."

That opened up to my next question?

"Julie have you ever cheated on me. The reason is. Because I have last year. With four single women. While you were in that coma."

"Dennis why would you think such a thing about me. I love you and only you."

"Julie if you were going to cheat on me. Would you have told me after you would have broken up with him."

"Dennis don't be silly. But Mary told me. You had gone out for female company and she told me she thought nothing had happed.

"Well, Julie Mary was wrong. I made love to each of them but it was different from making sweet love to you. When I told them you were in a coma and I loved you. That was it. They left the hotel room so fast and didn't even say goodbye. Well at least you know. I cheated on you while you were in that coma," I said.

"Dennis it's nice to know you told them you loved me. I understand why you did it. I forgive you with all my heart. Come here and kiss me."

"No not yet."

"Julie when you were in hospital the doctors told you something. It was when you asked me to hold you tight. Asking me is it true what the doctors had told you. Being in hospital for over two years. You went on to say there is something else!!! You never spoke about it. You managed to stop yourself. Then you looked right into my eyes. You feared something. I want to know tonight what the doctors had told you."

12