Two Inches Too Far - A Sequel

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Finally, don't forget the divorce. You probably have a strong case that will net you most of the family assets. My fee will be based on a healthy percentage of any settlement I can get for you. So, don't worry about my fee. Just worry about getting your life back to normal: a new normal.

"Along those lines," Thalia continued, "I would prefer that you not stay in this house tonight. Pack some clothes, enough to last a few days. I'm going to order us a taxi, drop you off at the Hampton Inn close to my office and then go pick up my car.

"Try to get some sleep. I will, too. Late tomorrow morning I will call you and have you come to my office where we will talk some more. Then, I will take you to pick up your car.

EPILOGUE

I made out okay, just as Thalia had predicted.

I filed for divorce with adultery as the cause. I was able to keep my house and the majority of family assets which turned out to be far more extensive than I thought. Thalia discovered that Vickie had a secret investment account that I did not know about. She had been investing much of her pay increases and bonuses in it for more than fifteen years. It totaled more than five-hundred thousand dollars. I received all of it as part of the settlement of my civil suit.

After the civil suit was settled, Thalia informed me that we had an appointment with George Wimbly, the CEO of Vickie's company. At that meeting, Thalia told Wimbly that she found out that it was common knowledge in the company that my wife and her subordinate were involved with each other. She asserted that he must have known about it, too. Then she asked him why he didn't terminate them for violating the company anti-fraternization policy. Before George Wimbly could answer, Thalia went on. She told the CEO that she had learned that the company had paid for the lawyer that defended Vickie at her criminal trial.

"I can only believe," Thalia stated, "that you couldn't turn her in because you were doing the same thing and Vickie knew about it. Further, I believe that if I interviewed a few of your employees about it, I could find out who it was that you were fucking and for how long. I'm certain your wife would not like to learn of your office wife relationship nor would your board of directors."

"What do you want, counselor?" The CEO asked in a defensive manner.

"I think it would be fair," Thalia proposed, "that your company recognize that they were late in acting on its anti-fraternization policy and that resulted in grievous emotional and physical trauma for my client. For that reason, your company agrees to pay my client the sum of five-hundred thousand dollars for his injuries. In return, my client will release your company from any further responsibility in the matter."

About six months later, I wandered into Walt's bar. I was not alone. I was with a nice-looking lady about my age. She did not have movie star looks, but, nevertheless, she was attractive. She also had a good figure that included an attractive rack, although she did not try to emphasize it.

"Walt," I called to my friend, "I would like you to meet Sharon, my girlfriend."

"Jake, it's so good to see you again," Walt answered, while at the same time noting the great-looking woman I was escorting.

I introduced Sharon. "This is my girlfriend, Sharon. We are exclusive and are going to get a lot more exclusive in the near future."

Walt tried to shake Sharon's hand, but she leaned across the bar and gave Walt a great big hug. "We owe you a lot, Walt. Jake wants you to be the best man at our wedding and so do I."

"Wow!" Jake responded. "It would be my honor. I am so happy you two have found each other. The last time I saw Jake, he was not nearly this happy."

I order drinks for myself and Sharon. We continued to talk with Walt and were able to catch up on what had happened since I had last seen him.

Walt seemed extremely happy for us and comped us on all of their drinks even though I told him I could easily afford them. "Neither one of you will ever buy a drink in here again," he said. "You will always be guests of the house."

Just before Sharon and I climbed down from the bar, I said, "Here is a little gratuity from us to you," and pushed a check, face down, toward Walt.

"You don't owe me anything," he said.

"Yes, I do," I said.

I shook Walt's hand again, and again, Sharon gave Walt a hug.

As we departed the bar, I saw Walt pick up the check. It was for $50,000.

END


12