All Comments on 'Two Letters'

by GatorRick

Sort by:
  • 34 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
A really neat story!

I enjoyed the character development and the story line even if parts were just a little bit predictable. There were a couple of small problems that should have been caught in editing. I wondered how the charactors ended grounded due to a snow storm when they were going from San Diego to Florida. It niggled at me enough that I looked up flights and found that one of the connecting flight stops was in Las Vegas which made it possible. The other was purely mechanical, in that you left subject out of a few of the sentences in the middle. For me even with these small things it was still a 5 Star story

GruffaloGruffaloover 10 years ago
Nice

I liked your story, Rick (just guessing). Nice people, nice meeting. As the other person said, it was a bit predictable, which is a pity. Surprise is the spice of a story. The story is a wee bit bland. For instance, it could have transpired that Susan is a member of the Communist Party and Rick a Tea Party fan, but they love each other any way. You know what I mean. A touch of eroticism would have been good too, though not essential. Please keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Naive

After the experiences the hero of the story had, I should have expected a PreNup rather then a complete sharing of his wealth so soon.

Any how I enjoyed the story and several of your other contributions very much.

I have a folder with links to contributors whose stories gave me joy. It serves me whenever there is nothing I seem to like in the NEW Stories section.

Your link is of course in this folder.

Thank you for so generously sharing your stories with us.

hebert100hebert100over 10 years ago
thanks again

another good one from you. kind of fairy tale like, but I really like your fairy tales. thanks again for a very pleasant read.

BigJohn601BigJohn601over 10 years ago
A very enjoyable read...

So glad for the story. Thanks and I hope for more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Enjoyed the Read

Look forward to more. Thanks Go Gators!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Good Romance

Could have been a little bit tougher edged, but a pretty sweet romance anyway. The ONLY complaint I might have is that ever since 50 Shades Of Gray, every hero is a Billionaire. It used to be you could be a pretty good Prince Charming with only a few million in your bank account. Now, with inflation, it's got to be a Billion! Or at least $150 million. Anyway, it's a good story and I have a soft spot for stories set in Jacksonville and Florida's First Coast.

DQS

NotaPCguyNotaPCguyover 10 years ago
Consistency

Good story over all but...

Why didn't she mention that the ex-boyfriend was coming around? Her revelation that he had been visiting her at work, yet never said anything about it at the time, would cause all sorts of trust issues - especially with his new wealth on the line. There could have been a scene at the house when she and her parents visited him where he asked her that question and she explained herself - and she would need one heck of an explanation not only for keeping his visits a secret, but for letting him in her house. Personally, I can't imagine a scenario where *any* excuse would be acceptable given the set up of the previous relationship. He hit her, stole her money, and then starts visiting her and she never mentions it to Rick? And Rick never questions that and just blindly hands her all his wealth? I know it's fiction, but considering how you've established the personalities of the characters, it's very inconsistent.

And speaking of inconsistencies, The scene at the Irish Pub just set up more. She had already screwed up by keeping Paul's visits to her a secret, yet she just continues to sit at the table when Paul arrives? Why didn't she leave to go find Rick right away? You set her up as a very strong and capable person, yet she seems to have blinders on where Paul is concerned and there is no explanation for her behavior.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Hmmm....

Serious trust issues, give it a pass, at least a prenupt!

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsabout 10 years ago
holes

Between San Diego southern California and Jacksonville Florida they run into a major blizzard ?

The second night after he barely walks out of a hospital using a cane he goes dancing ?

Does the ex-boyfriend use some sort of mind control on her ?

GatorRickGatorRickabout 10 years agoAuthor
flight was diverted

Read it over. Flight was diverted because of weather.

A slow dance is not like walking on ice, either.

Besides it is my story not yours. By the way have you ever written anything and posted to this site?

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
loved it

I really have enjoyed all your stories. Please write more.

GoodhueGoodhueover 8 years ago
A Wonderful Story,Well Told.

- Really enjoyed this one!

- Had a fairy tale feel to it.

- I did feel that it ended kind of abruptly.Perhaps a final scene where Rick and Susan's true love was apparent might have been the perfect ending.(Just my opinion.) - As it stands,this story is a 5+!

Sniper014Sniper014about 8 years ago
Great story

I have been reading all your great stories. With this one the only issue I have is the placement of Orange Park. I was stationed at NAS Jacksonville in the late 80's early 90's. Yes I am retired from the Navy. But back to what I was saying. Orange Park is south of the base not North of it. Other than that great love story. And no I disagree with a pre-nup agreement. If you truly love someone you share everything with them. Has worked for me and my wife for the past 36 years. She stood by my side when I was away at places I could not tell her about and was there when the nightmares came to me. That is true love and I can see it in your stories that some of these are about you and I believe that the love of your life is helping you cope everyday.

I also see that people forget that this is a fiction site and just want to blast the writer for just the stupidest things (spelling and grammer). Come on we are all human and make errors. Just enjoy the stories and if you do not want to, go somewhere else to get your entertainment.

Keep up the great story telling and I will be looking for more of your stories.

SirBigfootSirBigfootabout 8 years ago
Great

But honestly needs a chapter or 2 more imo. I would like to know if they made it or not lol

tazz317tazz317about 8 years ago
WHY DOES A FEW $$$$$$ DOLLARS

seem to grease the wheels quite nicely. TK U MLJ LV NV

PhotoMeisterPhotoMeisterabout 8 years ago
Great story

I like this story and have read it several times. I noticed one small inconsistency that you might want to update. When he learns of the size of his inheritance Aunt Beth asks him if he has told Susan about it. How could he have done that if he just found out himself?

But this didn't take away from my enjoyment of the story. I'm always a sucker for a good romance! :-)

B_BaileyB_Baileyabout 7 years ago
As expected

Your stories are great.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Fine story telling

Please keep up the good work. I look forward to reading your other stories. SF VET

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Good Story

I liked it a lot, although I did have one problem with it. I thought the ending was VERY abrupt, so much so that I went back and re-booted the story to make sure that there wasn't one more page. Sure enough, there wasn't and I was stuck with the ending just as I read it the first time. Oh well, to quote a cliche that I absolutely hate,

"It is what it is". 4 Stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Great Story

But I did see one glaring hole and wonder about Susan's love of Rick. When Paul asked to restart their dating she said she would have to think about it. Why??? wasn't she in love with Rick??? IF she loved Rick she would have said NO!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
You did it again!!

You did it again. Another winner. Please don't stop writing.

Johnny0432Johnny0432almost 7 years ago
I agree with an Anony

Why did she need to think about it when paul asked to get back together??? it's still a 5 star story, but that question absolutely must be answered before he takes her back. nothing else matters...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Gator Rick

Boy, I miss you, Rick!

Rancher46Rancher46almost 4 years ago
Happily Ever After

You got to love those happily ever after stories. Another 5 star story

tazz317tazz317almost 4 years ago
2 LETTERS..2 STRANGERS MEET UNDER DIRE CIRCUMSTANCES

love and life at 1st sight, what will the karma share....TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

Yawn. Had to stop reading when the story turned out to be about another ex-soldier with unlimited funds and influence.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Good Story

It seems that anytime someone wants to trash a story, they do it such as anonymous on 06/02/20. I agree that the story may not be a "thriller", but it is still a good story. 5*

lukeshortlukeshortover 3 years ago
GOOD STORY

Some people can only feel good about themselves if they trash other people's work. I agree that this is not an exciting story full of conflict and drama. Still, it is well written and a good story. 5*

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

WHY THE FUCK SHOULD HIS IN LAWS KNOW HOW MUCH HE IS WORTH!!

HIS AUNT BETH IS A BITCH WHEN SHE CALLED HIM OUT ON NOT TELLJNG THEM!!

THEY NURSE DAUGHER IS A STUPID WEAK FUCKING BITCH....

ScotrickScotrick12 months ago

Anonymous critics should be ignored. If the person thinks they can do better have at it.

There's a simple solution - if they don't like it move on, there's never a need to be rude about a story.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

fairy tale with a BLAH ending. Still an entertaining read

6King6King3 months ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐ Good story but ending did kinda suck.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous