All Comments on 'Two Tickets to Paradise'

by TallMarriedMan

Sort by:
  • 76 Comments
jetpacksamjetpacksamover 6 years ago
A nice fairy tale.

Thank you.

TheKrrakTheKrrakover 6 years ago
Loved it

However there was one line that I have to comment on,

Warp speed is only used in Star Trek, Hyperspace is used in Star Wars - any true fan of either (or in my case both) knows this fact.

Other than that it was a great read of karmic balancing.

5/5

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Great Story

I really enjoyed the story.

FormerReaderFormerReaderover 6 years ago
Loved it!

Kudos for a first rate romance story. I'm a bit disappointed most of it was a dream but the ending inferred it might still happen. Considering all the music mentioned, props for using my favorite Eddie Money song for the title. 5 stars

OvercriticalOvercriticalover 6 years ago
Whawt Makes a Good Story

The key ingredient is a good plot. It must have well developed characters and must absolutely have good dialog written in vernacular English. (I'm all for immigration, but Literotica stories written in stilted english-is-my-second language doesn't do it for me at all). For a 5 page story this one has a marginally effective plot. (Just how many times do the have to repeat the "almost met her two years ago" story. The characters are shallow and unbelievable. The dialog is trite. Cute, but trite. The dream sequence is a throw-away at the end that doesn't do much for the story. I guess the fact that everyone is very young, but somehow falls madly in love is an excuse, but doesn't make the story any better. I'll be generous: 2*

boatbummboatbummover 6 years ago
Almost Too Sweet!

But the truth that lives in this fictional story is that sometimes good things DO happen to good people! Call it fate or destiny or kismet, but my bride and I are a living example of two people who were lucky enough to meet and fall in love and rise together from the ashes of prior marriages. (Anyone who's interested can read about it on my page here on Lit.)

Thanks for this charming dose of feel-good! Gonna check out some of your other work for sure....

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Wow

This was fun. Weirdly enough, I also believed the whole time that it really could happen.

Well done.

john1946john1946over 6 years ago
Fun story

You did well with this one. Gives hope that good things do happen to good folks. Thank you.

ender2k2kender2k2kover 6 years ago
Good story

Good luck with the contest.

TallMarriedManTallMarriedManover 6 years agoAuthor
Thanks for the comments!

Thank you to everyone who has commented, I love getting feedback on any of my stories. I'm not quite sure what language in the dialoge that "Overcritical" was speaking of, but I guess with a name like that they're not to be taken too seriously. There was no "English as a second language" in my dialogue. Perhaps they are not familiar with the term "boy-o" that is a favorite amongst some Irish friends of mine.

I see there was a bit of confusion at the dream scene at the end, I might add a line or two to that. It was meant to show that Don thought it was all a dream for a moment until he saw Ava, who was wearing a completely different outfit than the flight to Hawaii. This happened on the flight home from Hawaii.

@TheKrrak - Also a fan of both Star Wars and Star Trek, I didn't use "warp speed" in a Star Wars reference but the term being used did make the character ask the "Star Wars or Star Trek" question. Thanks for keeping me honest, though. I made a slip on a Dr. Who reference in a previous story and was called out. Just makes me check my work more and that is a good thing!

This story was different than any other I'd done so far. I wanted to do something in a romantic-comedy / fairytale vein for Valentine's Day. I wasn't shooting for hyper-realism but hope that the characters still came off as real and engaging. I love when people say characters in short-stories are shallow. To that I suggest writing some stories of your own or understanding that the medium has limitations. I wrote a series on here that went 13 chapters and is the length of a novel, those characters, I hope were a lot more fleshed out.

Thanks again to everyone for reading and also for voting as this is a Valentine's story. If you ever have any feedback please feel free to post a comment or drop me a line! Cheers!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
A Real Fine Story

This was really sweet. Your writing is excellent as is your editing. A very realistic story. Don wearing a suit was a good start. If I found myself in her same situation on a plane I would do everything she did. The story was great, not to short and not too long. Thanks for taking the time to write and share. I won't forget this one.

Love and kisses - Cindy

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketover 6 years ago
I wondered

I wondered if this author was ever going to post another story after he finished Ashley. This current story is a darn good yarn.

arrowglassarrowglassover 6 years ago
Welllllll done!

Really liked this one!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

One of the best stories I've ever read on here

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Perfect

A great story with really good characters. This was fun and exciting right up to the perfect ending. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Five stars for this great story, good enough for another chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
best story I have read

I loved this story but I am a sucker for fate

TallMarriedManTallMarriedManabout 6 years agoAuthor
Thanks!

Thank you for all of the positive comments, I truly appreciate them. I am glad so many people liked this story. The characters were fun to write and I hope they have a shot to place in the Valentine's Day contest.

Sometimes fate and destiny win without a whole lot of drama. Thanks to everyone for reading the story!

JJMemaw0623JJMemaw0623about 6 years ago
Awesome!!

I LOVED it! You couldn't have written a better story for Valentine's Day. I hope you win, I felt it was that good. You even got a little BDSM in there! Please, please keep writing!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Nailed It

Out of all the submissions to date for the Valentine's Day Contest, IMHO, this is the top story by far. You did everything right. The reader was captured on the first page. The bad drama was short but very effective. Hooters was a hoot. Characters were excellent. Scene descriptions were well done so that a picture was easy to see. Even the airline employees characters were very close to real.

The story flows well without dead spots. The length was right and the ending was perfect. Editing was excellent. Stories don't get any better than this one. You picked an excellent title for the story.

Thank you for a wonderful Valentine's Day story.

kg501stkg501stabout 6 years ago
The best story I've ever read on here!

This story you made was just perfect!! The story development, the humor, the references! It was all amazing! I couldn't stop reading it and now it's 3 in the morning XD I'm too much of a hopeless romantic that this story just checked all the boxes for me and gave me some more hope after my bad long term relationship breakup that just so happened to go downhill after Valentines day last year :') Keep up the amazing work!

kg501stkg501stabout 6 years ago

Also thanks for all the smooth hypothetical pick up lines. They're great!

HTW2HTW2about 6 years ago
You were robbed!

This definitely deserved 1st place! I really enjoyed this story. Continue it, please

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Fantastic!

Great story but not realistic--the sox over the Cubs? No way!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Amazing

Great story all around! The Star Wars and Doctor Who references were just icing on the cake. Should’ve won first place, please continue writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Almost great romance

I'm a guy, I've been deeply in love with my eife of 37 years. Yet i don't understand why there's this trend in romance stories where the man has to hurt the love of his life? I mean, what do you call pulling hair and hard spanking, love? Not in my day.

Privates1stClassPrivates1stClassabout 6 years ago
Fate works in strange ways

I thoroughly enjoyed your story. Many of your readers might think the premise of two people almost meeting at an anti-Valentines party and then finally meeting as they did two years later is unrealistic.

My wife and I are examples that Cupid and Fate sometimes work together. So never claim it was plain dumb luck when it should be properly attributed to Fate.

By the way, congratulations on your win in the Valentine's Day contest.

olblueyesolblueyesabout 6 years ago

nice story-well written and well paced- hard to read for a lonely old man like me,, but it reminds me of fond memories .

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
The Winner

For me, Valentine's Day is something special between a man and woman, so I didn't read the first place story. I did read yours and number two, and I thought yours was better, so you win the Valentine's Day contest in my mind. Very good and mostly believable story. Great job!

AnnasFriendAnnasFriendabout 6 years ago
Congratulations on a winning entry

A worthy winner - really nicely done and absorbing and sexy. Am I jealous? Yes!

Can I cheer myself up by being a little picky though? One thing that did take me out of the story a little was your possible over-use of the word "smiled" as a modifier after dialogue. Once I started seeing it, it seemed to be everywhere. (I suffer from this myself - "gently" is one word I reach for far too often and always have to be on my guard against.)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

Well done!

redbaron172redbaron172about 6 years ago
Great Story!!!

Very good story line and lead in, BELIEVABLE!!! I could tell a similar one....

BoomerbillBoomerbillabout 6 years ago
Perfect!

Plot, characters, humor, passion, writing skill all delightful. Deserving of more than 5 stars. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
708-555-1256

If anyone tried the number did it go through? 😐😕

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Perfection

Definitly needs another chapter.

DogFuzzDogFuzzover 5 years ago
Well Done

What a delightful story. Anyone having a bad day should read it to cheer them up. You must have a fantasy area in your mind to write this story. You certainly put it to great story telling use. One other thing - I really liked your smooth “telling”. The story flowed very well with no interruptions. Top marks. Thanks!

LeFrog08LeFrog08about 5 years ago
Nice one.

Gave me a warm glow, this.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Fantastic

Charming tale. There must be a lot of dust in the air today, it is making my eyes all misty.

clearedtofuckclearedtofuckalmost 5 years ago
It ended too soon

Please write more.

bnaylor987bnaylor987almost 5 years ago
I really enjoyed this story

Easily 5 out of 5 stars. Would give 6 if I could.

Moralez18PTMoralez18PTalmost 5 years ago
Loved it

Diabetic romance at its finest. I especially like how your writing "style" doesn't slide from your other stories to this one, apart from the Dr who references ;)

A problem that most of the greats on this website have is what I call the Matthew McConaughey effect, same characters in different situations. That doesn't happen here, and that's excellent.

5*

While a sequel would be most appreciated, it's not needed. The story ended just fine

cruisewestcruisewestalmost 5 years ago
Wonderful!!

I am still up in the clouds after reading this story, or is it the universe? A fantastic tale and so romantic. Your description of Ava was stunning and oh how you wrote the story. Great part with Don and Uncle Patrick, he has a friend there as long as he keeps her happy!! You write a wonderful tale and I hope to read more of your stories as this was my first one from you. Well written, sir!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
RIP

RIP Eddie.

azroxxazroxxover 4 years ago
Great story!!

Thank you for writing it!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Brands, brands, brands

Would have given you five, but your obsession with brands is disturbing. At some instances, the story reads like a glamorous catalogue of an outfitter. If the girl a guy wants to bed is concentrating on the brand of his underwear, something has gone terribly wrong. And it is equally irrelevant whether you check out your Hawaiian Holiday on an Apple product or an HP or you name it. Just was surprised that there wasn‘t a trademark sign after each of those labels (which I think is most grotesque in a piece of fiction). Remove some of that shallowness and you have a most wonderful story.

TallMarriedManTallMarriedManover 4 years agoAuthor
Brands, brands, brands?

Sorry, this may be the dumbest comment I've ever received. I suppose I should make up brands and say my Colven Kleen underwear? Or maybe my PH laptop? Using brand names just adds to the realism. Can't believe it bothered anyone enough to take the time to complain about it.

rayironyrayironyover 4 years ago
You don't get to do that again, but that story was flat out archtypal.

Confess that i find it disconcerting to see

some gay guy's name conspicuously displayed on my underwear.

QuintiusQuintiusover 4 years ago
Beautiful little story

I'm a sucker for a fated romance story and these two characters are just too adorable not to be happy for. I enjoyed the early portrayal of his break up with Jenny and the little encounters leading up to his meeting with Ava on the plane. It was established that Don was a good guy without prosing on and on, just little scenes to show he deserved happiness and not the crap he'd been getting until his trip. I thought pretty much all of the side characters were well done. Just enough detail was given to them to differentiate them without giving us their entire life story and descriptions.

As for the story itself, yes, it was a fairy tale romance but who cares? It was fun, it was sweet, it was sexy, and it had a happy ending. Sometimes it's nice to read a story about two incredibly compatible people meeting through fate and falling in love without stupid amounts of misunderstandings and drama. It put a big old smile on my face and made me feel hopeful and that's what's important. Both characters were awesome and their romance was both adorable and very hot. By the end I was just plain happy for the both of them. Really well done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
So cliche but it made me immensely happy

The interrogation was actually hilarious. Well done

NitpicNitpicalmost 4 years ago
If

If Ava is that outstanding,why would her boy friend cheat on her.?

TechumsahTechumsahover 3 years ago
Wow

Great story kind of rom com out there but it worked very well. Plus who doesn't like Eddie Money references.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Sorry I get thrown sometimes over details. 4 inch heels and long walk on beach?!

Just ruined the mood for me.

Took off and he carried them?!

Details details!

Sorry CPA detail oriented.

jtwheels

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Meh.

a_reader_from_germanya_reader_from_germanyalmost 3 years ago

Nice, but what about all the hair tugging? I was with women who appeared to be wanting to experience their guy being physically stronger. So they started little wrestling games in bed etcetera. I never did more than giving them a little taste. I seldomly initiated anything like that. I was always the physically much stronger one, from working mostly, not sports. But despite or because of it, I never felt the need to be bodily domineering. I'm glad I never sensed the need in a woman to be handled roughly or been outright asked to do so, I'm simply not made that way. So, yeah, call me a pussycat, if you must.

Anyway, this is a very satisfying and not overly drawn out feel good story, I'm gladly granting 5 stars!

JohnD46JohnD46almost 3 years ago

Fun story. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

5* from me.

It is fun to have a story were the falls hard and it seems right. This just doesn't happen....right....in your world it did. Thanks for the effort.

DP

P1aydat3P1aydat3over 2 years ago

So he dreamed up their time in Hawaii?!? What would have been fun would be to hear from Cupid on this story. Thanks for sharing.

SatyrDickSatyrDickabout 2 years ago

Cliched but very Cute!

Plus I love all the Sci-Fi references...particularly the Doctor Who (from a guy in the U.S. - no less!).

10/10!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

A really beautiful and very enticing love story that touched our hearts and souls❤️❤️

It should give everyone who wants and needs a lifetime of forever and ever, best-friend, soul mate, friend, and lover; hope for tomorrow and their future……..

Thank for sharing and touching us.

SW

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The type of story worth many reads.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Hallmark stole the plot, but I'll bet that don't do it any better than this.

5*

Tc

SatyrDickSatyrDickalmost 2 years ago

[25.07.22]

Loved this exchange too:

"I want the royal scepter in my royal honeypot," she said then we both burst out laughing. "A little too far?" she asked as I released her foot and got on to the big bed next to her.

"You had me at royal scepter," I smiled. "But the royal honeypot thing just made me think of Winnie the Pooh and it kind of broke down from there."

11/10!!!!!

G5902G5902over 1 year ago

Outstanding story!!!

DeanofMeanDeanofMeanover 1 year ago

"Disney is absolutely destroying Star Wars," no greater truth has been uttered in a literotica story great job I enjoyed the story, and it all held together well heck i want more dunno how ya would work it though that story is told but ya could go so many other places with it

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Entitled fantasy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great story, but does a woman really orgasm from a foot massage?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

So no payback on Jenny and Matt....no photos, fuck all.

This MC is a stupid bastard right from the outset when he asked Hannah about what to buy then he was so clueless on the skanks cheating

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Happy endings are so much fun. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Very good story. But it ends without tie it up in a nice bow they're just coming back to Chicago 4.9 stars

Would like to see a pt. 2

shadrachtshadrachtabout 1 year ago

That was lovely and sweet. It was nice to read about the universe being nice to two people.

oldtwitoldtwit12 months ago

Oh I liked it, nice plot and you made it flow really well, if only the real world was as good

PurplefizzPurplefizz11 months ago

5⭐️ Top class! Thoroughly enjoyed it, no I didn’t notice the brands, yes I noticed the heels on the beach, but tbh it’s fiction and it’s free, so if you’ve got a problem - write your own story, put it up on here and if you ask nicely we’ll compare your story to this one…..

Many thanks for writing and posting, cheers Ppfzz.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

nuff said.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTallMarriedMan@TallMarriedMan
1655 Followers
►►► DESIRING JORDYN ◄◄◄ A married man is tempted by his son's girlfriend. Brand new story ONLY on Patreon. http://patreon.com/tallmarriedman ►►► SUPPORT MY WORK ON PATREON ◄◄◄ If you like my stories, please consider supporting our work! Those that donate get early access t...

SIMILAR Stories