All Comments on 'Two Ugly Kids'

by likegoodwine

Sort by:
  • 179 Comments (Page 2)
dissmissdissmissover 7 years ago
Caught me !!!

Didn't see that coming. Great twist.

phil2213phil2213almost 7 years ago
What was the name of that plastic surgeon???

Can anybody have secrets these days with social media and the like?? I always look for comments from Harry in Va, he seems to go right in your face with no politically correct filters. Not to demean good old Harry but this was a pleasant surprise to lighten the mood. No Navy Seals or Karate experts to defend the honor in this family in crisis. I am not a writer but a reader who enjoys your efforts. Thank you and please continue. Your writing is very interesting and offers some unique insights.

EMiamiRiverRatEMiamiRiverRatalmost 7 years ago
That was a MONSTER surprise!

Who'da'thunk? Be it the book or the cover? Great story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
uhhh

He must be a dolt if he did not know she had breast implants before they met...not really something you can hide from your lover or spouse

EMiamiRiverRatEMiamiRiverRatover 6 years ago
Is it possible

to add bone to a lower jaw to correct a sunken chin and actually make it normal or average? Although pieces of pelvis might be used, it seems extraordinarily expensive. Then there's the muscle, tendons, and other tissues to be added to cover the new bone and add strength for new bite pattern.

Healing time would be countless months of an IV diet at $1,000 a bag; and no talking. Come on, a woman who couldn't talk for months? That is simply not possible unless she's kept in a coma.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 6 years ago
@EMiamiRiverRat 08/26/17

re:

Is it possible to add bone to a lower jaw to correct a sunken chin and actually make it normal or average? Although pieces of pelvis might be used,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It doesn't actually need to be bone, sea coral has been used as a substitute for bone grafts for many years. The body's natural bone grows into it and absorbs the coral which is calcium.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
yes and no

There are a few things that can be done for receding chins from fat implants (or grafts, I guess) to a kind of dental brace that pushes the jaw forward to surgery to break the mandible bone and slide it forward a bit.

sas6446sas6446over 6 years ago
Wow!

Interesting twist! Certainly didn't see it coming!

ErotFanErotFanover 6 years ago
5 stars

I like surprise endings and you pulled it off quite well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Shocking

Excellent surprise

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
That was a good surprise endeding

Well done

tazz317tazz317about 6 years ago
THE PARENTS DNA IS NOT COSMETIC

so never outguess whats what, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Funny!

A husband in China was able to get a divorce from his wife because they had ugly children. It turned out that is wife had plastic surgery on her ugly face. He thought he was marrying a beautiful woman. The divorce as based on her deceitful actions which were not conveyed to her husband prior to the marriage.

26thNC26thNCalmost 6 years ago
Good twist

Caught me looking with this one. I was expecting the worst, but got a pleasant surprise. Great happy story, a rare thing here.

dark2donut2dark2donut2over 5 years ago
???

This belongs to humor section since the plot is really not serious.

penneydog55penneydog55over 5 years ago
Wowee!

It's as funny as a fried fart on Friday!....Yes Siree I really liked the story!....so I'm giving You 5 stars★★★★★ WOOF!

etchiboyetchiboyover 5 years ago
Agreed. “Woweee!!!”

LFW is known for original twists, but this one was a doozy.

5-stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Falling asleep waiting for Dark2Donut2 to actually write something.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Clever Story

Bravo...a strike. You caught us looking ;-)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Unusual twist.

I did not see that coming.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
What???

He can't tell doctor tits from real ones? C'mon! Just a little bit too sci fi for me!

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 5 years ago
This remains one of my favorite stories here!

I never saw it coming the first time I read it and I just enjoyed it again. Great story!

johnadpjohnadpabout 5 years ago
It’s Funny

As soon as they started discussing it I realized what her secret was, but then she actually says it and he is so happy the ugly kids are his it still hit me emotionally.

Great Story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago

it is only fiction, would hate to see, a person who is so easy to pass judgement having so little info. go to it english majors. slap hapy papy #9

calibammacalibammaalmost 5 years ago
You had me

Man you hoodwinks is all 😂😂 very good story tho!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Secrets

I still would wait on those dna reports. But secrets have a way of multiplying, much like lying. With holding the truth is another form of lying.

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Still great

A great twist the turns into a happy nding. Couldn't be better.

TajfaTajfaover 4 years ago

Loved it. Great to see a happy ending after a great twist. However, I would have thought after many years of marriage there would have been very few secrets about their past.

MarkT63MarkT63over 4 years ago
Thanks

I'm sure wife will give hubby hell for calling her a cheater. He had every right to doubt her though!!!

jtwheelsjtwheelsabout 4 years ago
Fooled me and I enjoyed you doing it

Buy agree with comment married that long should not have secret like that

What are you thinking about that beautiful kids became ugly

KRD19254KRD19254almost 4 years ago

2nd read and you still got me. This story is masterfully written - what skill. I never saw that one coming.

/

6*, Hooyah, salute! to a true Master of the Quill.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago

Reading again, one of the best twists ever written in LW.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Nice

Did not see that coming glad I kept reading.

MormonJackMormonJackover 3 years ago
Fun - twisty!

A damn good reason to get all the facts in BEFORE you make your allegations.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Perfect

Story!! Congratulations, this is a masterpiece!! Hats off!

YouamiYouamiover 3 years ago

Another outstanding gem! Even I didn't see thetwist at the end. Cheers!

AlericAlericabout 3 years ago
Oh Shit!

Great ending, fits this story perfectly.

ResmiHardinResmiHardinabout 3 years ago
4* Confusing story

I have a few questions as I'm confused

1 - How did he not see the scars on her body all this time, knowing the best surgeons would still leave small scars.

2 - Where is the DNA test? I'd still want that confirmation...

3 - Any relation to her boss? it was implied that the kids noses were similar so maybe she does have family?

4 - Knowing the strength of his love for her why hasn't she come clean to him?

secretsalsecretsalabout 3 years ago

Ya got me. Well done.

amygdalaamygdalaabout 3 years ago

Wow this reminded me of a article of a dude in china , https://www.wqad.com/article/news/local/drone/8-in-the-air/chinese-man-sues-wife-for-being-ugly-and-wins/526-63b208a8-fc5d-4d1d-9056-00c6698cbeb4

where he sues the wife for not telling him she had over a 100k worth of plastic surgeries to change her looks. All because they had a child that according to him was "incredibly ugly" and looked nothing like the mother or father. BTW he won his case and was awarded 120k for having the woman marry him under false pretense.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

You got me, I didn't see that coming. However, guy still needs to check the DNA results. How does he know that is really her in those pictures? I know, I know, why does she have the photos if it were not her but he is a suspicious guy.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

And? A lot unsaid.

FraserWayneFraserWayneover 2 years ago

Unexpected and different.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Great story. Nice twist at the end.

ArdieffArdieffalmost 2 years ago

Lol - fun story, nice twist ;-)

SunnyU2SunnyU2almost 2 years ago

Loved it! Great ending!

6King6Kingover 1 year ago

That's one fucked up story.

jflindersjflindersover 1 year ago

It is rare in the context of LW for a writer to find a believable premise that actually explains the reason for a husband's suspicions without having the wife do anything wrong. This one was successful-Congratulations.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Totally loved it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Lovely Tale, clever ending. LP

GoattimeGoattimeover 1 year ago

Now that is a real 5 star story. I absolutely loved it.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 1 year ago

Really? well told, kept the surprise ending well hidden. BUT, he never noticed breast implants or any faint surgery scars?

nixroxnixroxover 1 year ago

4 stars and yes, there would have been more than a few faint scars after that much surgery.

There is no such thing as breast augmentation surgery that leaves no scars.

Tarloso2Tarloso2over 1 year ago

I bet he was alone after that

ErotFanErotFanover 1 year ago

Ha! You got me with that one. Never saw it coming!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Second time reading and it is even funnier because I know where it is going.

Karl_HundassonKarl_Hundassonabout 1 year ago

Oh, that was good. I've favourited this story.

mariverzmariverzabout 1 year ago

Hilarante jajajaja

Gran trabajo

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

That is the author's best story by far. Really good twist.

Just_WordsJust_Words11 months ago

There are just too few stories with a great twist like this. I love it!

CaptFlintCaptFlint11 months ago

Nicely done. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Wonderful!

RileyKingRileyKing9 months ago

Great twist!! 5 stars

Calico75Calico759 months ago

Certainly a new twist to the cheating wife story! Well done!

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Great story. Nice twist. Of course in real life he would get a DNA test before going to war.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

He couldn't wait another week before rendering judgment. Lol. Good story. Creative and well written.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Like good wine ........

This is a great story You manage to come up with a unique twist That gave the story line up very good feel great story

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal19696 months ago

needed mention of the DNA results to confirm the story... remember the BTB creedo some authors like to haul out... "Trust but verify"

otherwise, good twist.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Interesting twist. But as a general rule, if you're going to fire the big guns, you'd better have AP loaded and be close enough to hit with the first salvo. He was a dumbass to loose the first salvo before getting the results of the DNA tests that were pending.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Hilarious once you see the twist. In reality he was a jerk but was meant as a parody of overreacting btbers. Her ending line had me cracking up.

26thNC26thNC5 months ago

Great story from amazing imagination. I would think that someone who had such an extreme makeover would have a visable scar or three.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Did not see that coming. Well done.

TrainerOfBimbosTrainerOfBimbos3 months ago

I suspected it when Sonya first opened her mouth to "confess", but the payoff was still good.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Very much doubt Sonya will be as forgiving to the shallow dipshit of a 'husband'. Imaginative and well smoke-screened for the main. Wonder how he will be able to get back to square one, the one man judge, jury and executioner failed abysmally.

DazzyDDazzyD29 days ago

Gommer said it best... Surprise Surprise Surprise!

FlamethrowFlamethrow28 days ago

What a brilliant twist. Definitely did not see that coming.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous