Tyrion's Epilogue Ch. 06

Story Info
Tyrion takes his wife to visit Casterly Rock.
3.9k words
4.72
3.9k
4

Part 6 of the 7 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 06/25/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The crash of lance against shield clattered through the air while Ser Formas of Harenhall faced Ser Whitehead in the King's Nameday Tournament. Formas barely stayed up on his horse as his shield exploded into a million splinters of wood. A roar came from the crowd- a mixture of awe at the near fall and applause for the underdog. Both knights turned and prepared for another pass. The horses galloped towards the center and Formas made his hit on Whitehead throwing him to the ground with a thud. The crowd cheered for the favorite.

Princess Linnea watched See Whitehead intently, willing him to get back up off the ground and when he did sit up she breathed a sigh of relief and joined with a polite clap for the victor. Linnea was officially the hostess of her first major event with this tournament and the surrounding festivities but she had found quickly upon arriving in Westeros that she did not enjoy jousting. She had already seen too many men killed or permanently injured to find any enjoyment in the sport.

She felt Tyrion's hand at her elbow, "Are you alright, my love?"

"Oh yes, but you know I dislike the violence of all this "

Tyrion nodded, "Remind me to never tell you about both my trials by combat then."

Linnea gave him a confused look then turned her attention back to the joust.

Wenderly Lannister was up next and Linnea didn't know if she could bear to watch. He sat upon his white horse wearing a brand new scarlet doublet with the Lannister lion on the breast. A cloth of gold cape was pinned to his shoulder.

Linnea looked down the line of her ladies maids to Åsa who was wringing her hands so tightly they were drained of color.

Tyrion's hand was back at Linnea's elbow, "He will do fine my love. He's been practicing nearly constantly. He hasn't had our breakfast in on time in nearly a whole moon."

Linnea nodded quickly and watched Wenderly shake back his long blonde hair and pull on his new gold helmet. Tyrion had gifted it to him in honor of his first joust. He was matched against a lesser night from the Fingers who also looked to be young and inexperienced.

The knights took their places along the divider beam and awaited the call of the official. The flag waved and they were off. The horses seemed to move in slow motion and when they met a loud thwack came from the impact. The lad from the Fingers fell off his horse nearly instantly but hopped up quickly and was not hurt at all.

Linnea was so relieved she stood to join in the great applause. It seemed the crowd was also rooting for the steward of the Hand of the King. Linnea returned to her seat and looked to her husband.

"My dear, if you are going to be the first lady of the realm you must find a way to be less anxious about jousting," he mused.

"Or maybe Westeros could adopt some less barbaric sporting events," Linnea countered.

"I loathe violence as you know," came the gentle voice of King Bran from the other side of Linnea. "But jousting would be very hard to outlaw. I myself dreamt of winning the joust and bestowing a wreath to a fair maiden. That was many lifetimes ago."

Linnea peered at the king. She had worked with him on the planning of his name day celebration but understood him very little.

"I suppose Tyrion is right and I should adapt to my surroundings," she laughed. "But if I ever receive a tournament in my honor we will have decent contests of strength from the Summer Isles!"

"I'll bring the idea to the small council," Tyrion said sarcastically.

"Thank you, my love," she said, calling his bluff.

The final pairing of the day was ready and turned out to be another one run matching. The field that had been 32 knights was now down to sixteen who would joust again tomorrow.

The crowd slowly started to disperse. Street performers and vendors filled the street ready to patronize the crowds.

King Bran thanked Linnea again for her help with the planning.

"It was my absolute honor, Your Majesty," she smiled and gave a small curtsy.

Tyrion took Linnea's hand as they exited the stands and made their way back toward the Tower of the Hand of King.

"It really is a beautiful event," Tyrion commented to his wife. "So far there have been no riots or protests in the city. The streets are clean and not one is overrun with seedy bums or vagrants."

Linnea smiled to herself, "I just tried to implement some different ideas from home. I find that you don't have to spend nearly as much money to keep the people happy. They love their King and they are eager to celebrate him."

They came to the tower and went up to their bedchamber. The little copper haired pup, Linnea had lovingly named Molly, came running up to greet them. Linnea knelt to give her a scratch on the ears.

Linnea started to shrug out of her dress, she had worn a navy and silver brocade to honor the Starks on the Kings' name day. Tyrion pulled off his boots and moved toward the bed.

"I'm sure you don't agree, but jousts always make me feel so virile."

Linnea looked over at her husband disrobing next to the bed with a smile.

"My dear, I believe I know what you're trying to start, but I need to change and go to the ladies luncheon in the gardens."

Tyrion sighed. His wife's new work with the palace obviously made her very happy but it had caused a decrease in their intimate time.

"Tonight, then?"

Linnea pondered her schedule in her head then shook her head, "Tonight is the small council banquet honoring the guests who are visiting for the King's name day. I'm sure it will go very late since the delegation from Dorne is hosting. They always have such intricate entertainment planned."

Linnea proceeded to run a brush through her long curls. Her hair had flattened a bit in the morning heat and she ran the bell for Agneta to come up and reset it.

Tyrion decided to keep his breeches on since an amorous union was not in the plan for the afternoon. He took a seat on the chair near the bed and Molly hopped up into his arms for some pets.

Linnea set down her brush and looked at him, "I am sorry, my love."

"I know," Tyrion answered. He hopped down and walked to his wife. "I'm so glad you've enjoyed your new work so much. It seems I took your availability for granted."

Linnea kissed him. "As soon as this festival is over, we will make plans for time for just us. I promise."

Tyrion smiled.

"Now let me get refreshed! The first lady of the Six Kingdoms cannot host a garden party with flat hair."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Eight days after the end of the King's Name Day Tournament and Festival, Tyrion and Linnea lay in bed naked after a session of vigorous love making. They both panted as they caught their breath.

Linnea lay on her side with an arm draped over Tyrion's torso as he lay on his back. His fingers twirled her blonde fingers absentmindedly while she traced circles around his navel.

"Are you quite all right, my love?" she asked.

He glanced down at her, "Yes, of course. Why do you ask?"

"You seem a bit distracted lately to tell the truth," she confessed.

Tyrion's brow furrowed, "I feel the same about you, my dearest. Even though your planning has been lighter the last few days you seem distant and distracted."

Linnea sighed, "Yes, I agree. I have been distracted." She leaned up on one elbow. "You know the first anniversary of our wedding is only twenty days away."

"Yes, I had thought of that," Tyrion nodded.

"I had thought that perhaps we could take some time away from King's Landing...I still haven't seen our real home at Casterly Rock."

Tyrion sat up as well. "I haven't been back to the Rock since Daenerys took it with the Unsullied."

"Then what a perfect time to revisit it," Linnea said so earnestly that Tyrion believed her.

"Why do you want to visit there?" he asked her.

"Because it's where you grew up. It's where you became you. And now as the Lord of Casterly Rock it's yours for the running," Linnea laughed then turned serious. "And if we are lucky enough to have children, it's where they will grow up and someday one of them will be the master there."

Tyrion nodded slowly, "All right, I'll arrange it...we'll need to arrange quite a few things."

"Let's make it an unofficial visit," Linnea added. "We don't need to bring our whole household. We can just bring Wenderly and Åsa. We don't need to stay there long; just enough to get to know the place and dream about our future."

Tyrion peered into his wife's beautiful, clear face, "If that's what you want, my love. That is what we will do."

~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The horses winnied and bucked at the site of the giant white stone castle that appeared as the group turned the final corner on the Goldenroad to Casterly Rock. Linnea looked out the window of the small carriage that had carried her and Åsa all the way from King's Landing. Wenderly and Tyrion rode horses alongside the carriage and a small fleet of horsemen guided the team.

"Åh min, det ser ut precis som palatset på sommaröarna!" Åsa said.

"It really does look like home," Linnea agreed. Åsa smiled and squeezed Linnea's hand. Linnea smiled back. She was so excited for the next few days visiting Casterly Rock. The carriage and horses pulled through the huge gate at the outer wall and stopped in the massive courtyard. The carriage door was opened by a footman and Linnea stepped down. Molly jumped down from the carriage and took off across the lawn after some small animal she had eyed.

She looked around at the splendid architecture.

"What do you think?" asked Tyrion approaching her.

"It is gorgeous. I can just picture you running through here," she laughed.

"May I show you inside, your highness?" He offered his hand.

She took it gladly and they went in through the great doors of the castle. They went through room after room filled to the brim with expensive decor. Hand woven rugs covered each intricately inlaid floor. Rich silks and velvets hung in every window. And every trinket and bauble seemed to be plated in gold.

"My goodness, the wealth of the Lannisters has certainly not been exaggerated."

"The whole castle sits on top of an ancient gold mine," Tyrion reminded her. "It's the largest known gold deposit in the world."

Linnea just nodded, trying to take in the splendor. They continued past the main rooms to the West hall with the living quarters.

"This is the room I grew up in," he said pushing open a door. Linnea stepped inside and smiled. There was a single bed done up in scarlet sheets with little lion cubs embroidered throughout. Books overflowed from all the shelves and near the unlit hearth was a small rocking horse.

"Your first horse?" She asked.

"Only the finest for a Lannister," he confirmed.

Linnea knelt down and rocked the horse back and forth, a small smile on her lips.

The next room they entered was the master bedroom. Their trunks had already been delivered to a corner of the room.

A gigantic four poster bed with dark red curtains overpowered the room. The stone walls were almost completely covered in intricate tapestries depicting great Lannister victories from the last thousand years, each one more violent than the last. Linnea stared in horror as she paced the room.

"Oh my," she gasped, stopping in front of a glass display case. Inside it was a long pale braid. The end was tied in a now faded blue ribbon but the top was drenched in the brownish red dried blood of the head it has come from.

"Oh I should have thought to have that removed before we arrived. I forgot it was here. I was never allowed in this room," Tyrion explained.

"Who's hair is that?" Linnea asked in horror.

"Aerys II," he answered. "The Mad King killed by my brother in the throne room during King Robert's Rebellion. My father received the braid as a gift from Robert when he married my sister."

"That is truly horrifying," Linnea concluded.

"Perhaps we should go on to my favorite room and I'll have them remove the 'artifacts.'" Tyrion offered. Linnea nodded and followed him out and back down the hall.

They came to the last door in the hall and Tyrion pushed it open. The door creaked open to reveal a sun filled room. The ivory curtains were pulled back on the windows that seemed to fill the entire Western wall of the room. The grey stone was not covered in this room. Watercolor paintings hung instead of tapestries and light wood bookshelves held crystal figurines along with books.

"Who's room is this?" Linnea asked her husband.

"This was my mother's private bedroom. This is the room where I was born...and the room where she died."

Linnea was silent for a moment, "This is the room we should stay in! Not the master bedroom." She announced.

Tyrion looked up at her, "I suppose there's no reason not to. My father can't accuse me of ruining a family tradition anymore."

"Exactly!" Linnea laughed, taking his hand and pulling him to the glass-inlaid doors at the far end of the room. "Now show me what is out here!"

She pushed the doors open to reveal a great stone balcony over looking the sea. Linnea rushed toward the edge to peer out over the water. The wind pushed her wispy dress around her body as she stood in the midday sun looking out over the sea. The waves crashed and reversed from the great stone walls below them and the salty air filled her lungs.

Tyrion slowly joined his bride at the balcony's edge. Linnea had her hands on the short stone wall leaning into the salty wind. Tyrion placed a hand on hers and she smiled down at him. He saw tears in her eyes and the track that one had made down her cheek.

"Why are you crying, my love?" He was concerned.

"It is so beautiful here. I absolutely love it." She turned her back to the sea and sat on the low stone wall. "I used to look out across the sea as a girl and wonder what was across it and now I'm here across the sea from everything I knew...yet I am so happy. I want to stay here with you always."

Tyrion brought her hand to his lips. "I'm so glad to hear you say that. We can't stay here forever because we have obligations to the King in King's Landing but we will spend as much time here as we possibly can. I promise."

Linnea smiled and nodded. She leaned in to kiss her husband. A sweet, simple kiss. A promise.

Linnea broke the kiss, but Tyrion, putting a hand beneath her chin, brought her face back to his, kissing her again with the Lannister fire ignited in him by being back home.

They kissed deeply as Tyrion placed a hand at the small of her waist.

They broke apart at the crisp sound of a bark followed by the pattering of paws across the stone as Molly ran to them.

"Oh hello you," Linnea smiled down at the doggy.

"Perhaps we can continue this later?" Tyrion offered.

"Yes please," Linnea agreed. "Let us have our supper out here tonight, in the open air."

"I'll have it all arranged," Tyrion agreed.

"Excellent," Linnea smiled. "Oh, and you should give Wenderly the evening off. And maybe tomorrow."

"Why?"

Linnea smiled mischievously. "He asked me for my blessing on asking Åsa to be his wife."

Tyrion sighed, "Just as he was finally becoming a good steward I have to replace him."

Linnea kissed his cheek and giggled.

~*

Tyrion sat, wine goblet in hand looking out over the sea. He had spent many hours on this balcony as a child. He was not supposed to enter his mother's room which Tywin had locked up after his mother's death but Tyrion had found the key and snuck through the room often with a book in hand. He was always blamed for the death of his mother so his mysterious absences for hours at a time were barely noticed by his father.

He looked back for Linnea who had still not appeared for supper. She had spent the afternoon with Åsa in the gardens, running about with Molly. Tyrion had gone over some plans to renovate the dungeons for more productive tasks that torture.

Tyrion refilled his wine glass and fiddled with the cuff of his sleeve. He wore an ivory tunic with threads if gold under a deep red doublet.

Finally he heard the inner door click open and shut and heard the soft footsteps of his wife approaching.

"I'm sorry to have kept you waiting, dear. I had some trouble getting into my new dress." Linnea appeared in his periphery and Tyrion turned to look at his young wife. She wore a traditional Casterly Rock style dress of scarlet silk. Every seam was piped with cloth of gold and the floor length sleeves each featured a Lannister lion in battle stance. Linnea twirled for her husband to see the entire dress.

Tyrion set down his goblet and stood to admire his wife. The dress was tight at the waist and her breasts threatened to spill over the top of the neckline.

"I wrote to the Casterly Rock seamstresses asking them to make this dress and I had planned to wear it for your Name Day celebration but I'm afraid it won't fit by then." Tyrion took her hand preparing to assure his wife that she did not need to fret about her figure. "It was a miracle that Åsa was able to squeeze me into it today."

"I'm sure your seamstresses can make some adjustments. My name day is still two full moons away." Linnea nodded. Tyrion still held her hand and she pulled them toward the balcony edge again.

"Yes, but in two full moons I'll be even bigger. I don't think they can adjust it that much." Linnea perched on the smooth stone edge and looked into Tyrion's eyes.

"Are you planning to get stout, Lady Lannister?" Tyrion teased resting his forehead against hers.

"Yes," she answered quietly. "I'm going to get very stout in the next six moons...but then I'll get less stout again..." She looked up into Tyrion's face waiting for him to understand what she was saying.

Tyrion looked at her puzzled. Linnea kneaded her lower lip with her teeth awaiting his response. Finally it clicked and Tyrion's jaw dropped.

"Linnea, are you with child?"

Linnea smiled and nodded her head. Tyrion gaped and stared into the eyes of his beautiful wife.

"I-I um- I don't know what to say," he admitted.

"Tyrion Lannister, you are going to be a father," Linnea said, smiling even bigger.

He kissed her hard. "Linnea I am so happy. I never gave fatherhood a thought until I met you but I am so excited to raise a child alongside you."

Linnea took his face in her hands and kissed him again. Her fingers moved back through his hair and down his neck. Reaching his doublet she pulled apart the clasps that held it closed and pushed it back off his shoulders. She moved her mouth to his neck, sucking gently beneath his ear.

"Linnea our supper is already getting cold," he reminded her.

She sat back. She was already panting and her lips had the chapped look of heavy necking. "I'm not hungry, are you?"

"Not for food."

They kissed again, both pulsing for each other in the cool sea breeze. Tyrion's hands were at Linnea's neck, caressing the soft skin before her ear that by now knew made her moan with pleasure. Linnea's hands were quickly under Tyrion's tunic; she scraped her fingernails lightly down his chest and felt him quiver under her touch. Tyrion's fingers ran down his wife's decolletage to the bosoms that threatened to spill from the tight silk dress. Breaking from their kiss he threw his face between her breasts. He loved the lusty laugh that came from her throat.

Linnea's fingers found the hem of Tyrion's ivory tunic and she pulled it up and over his head. Before she could touch his chest again Tyrion went searching for the key to getting the new dress off his wife's young body. He felt down the back but couldn't locate the ties.

Linnea giggled and raised her arms. At the side seams, well hidden by the billowing sleeves of the gown, were the corseted ties that held Linnea in. Tyrion pulled at the strings and the ties loosened. He could tell that Linnea instantly breathed easier. He manipulated the silk until the dress was loose enough to come up over her head.

12