All Comments on 'Ultra Woman and Mega Girl'

by Ann Douglas

Sort by:
  • 15 Comments
jenorma2012jenorma2012over 6 years ago
outstanding

I really love the comic-con theme, can't wait for your next story I also really like the way you keep it to 3 pages

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
A little too perfect

As much as I loved the story, the amount of work Jo is doing is impossible! There are very, very few writer-artists in the comic book world and I'm not sure any of them do both on monthly comics, usually either writing or drawing. They wouldn't also be inking and lettering. That's a minor quibble though, it's a sweet and enjoyable read. It would be interesting if you could do a sequel, and maybe frame it in a way so that we get the story in the comic of the comicbook heroines falling in love (but maybe forbidden by the social restrictions of the 40s), whilst hearing how Jo and Jackie's relationship develops

Ann DouglasAnn Douglasover 6 years agoAuthor
artist / writer

I'm old enough and lucky enough, to have read the work of Jack Kirby, who was the most prolific writer/artist ever in my opinion. In fact, I'm surprised that no one caught the joke. Jackie Kirby / Joanna Simon - Jack Kirby / Joe Simon - the creators of Captain America (among others). Also I did later write a story set in the world of Ultra Woman and Mega Girl and it will be along eventually. I still have a 125 stories to post before I reach present day.

DeceptivedomainDeceptivedomainover 6 years ago
Wao

I loved this story. it's not that I loved all of your work, but this one is special, to me at least. I know a little about wrier-artist combo and it's hard for a single person to do both, but there are certainly a few who are doing it successfully. So it's not as absurd as an alien fucking predators.

You also mentioned that you still have 125 stories left in your sleeves. Wao. Kudos to you, because I can hardly finish one. Lol.

I will surely like to read all of them.

Thanks for sharing.

gnome_mangnome_manover 6 years ago
Excellent Work

Ann, once again, you have delivered a satisfying and rewarding story. I really loved it.

I used to own about 10,000 comics, including a lot of Jack Kirby's great work. Thor, Captain America, the Fantastic Four, The New Gods and the Forever People, even Jimmy Olsen, were all truly great works of art. And DC credited Jack with the writing as well as the basic art of the last three titles.

Jack was a truly original thinker. Of course, some of his stuff was rather odd. Devil Dinosaur was definitely strange.

Thank you for reminding me of those two creators. I can't say very much about Joe Simon, other than the fact that I knew the name, but I did have the pleasure of meeting Jack Kirby. He was a kind gentleman who was willing to go to a comic convention in 1981 that was small enough to fit the whole thing in a single room the size of a grade school cafeteria. That was a time when he was considered one of the giants of the industry and I doubt if that little con could have paid him very much.

So, thank you again for reminding me of my youth.

gpond49gpond49about 6 years ago
Ultra-Mega Cool!

Nothing quite like years of unrequited love finally breaking the barriers into yet another fantastic story! Once again, Ann, thank you ever so much for sharing your skill with us!

RastanuraRastanuraalmost 6 years ago
Comics

I'm old enough to have read the classics, Red Ryder, Bugs Bunny, Donald Duck, Scrooge McDuck, Gene Autry, Roy Rogers, and the original horror comics before they were banned. They taught me to read and to enjoy stories and tales. Used to get locked in to the extent they had to shout at me. Always loved the comics. Shazaam!

TSreaderTSreaderabout 5 years ago
A wonderful story!

I love this story, it’s superbly written! Thank you for sharing this story with us!

Maddie624Maddie624about 5 years ago
More of Jackie and Jo

I just loved this story and was wondering if you had any plans to write another story involving those two and what is hopefully the beginning of their relationship after Comic-Con. I know that you wrote a piece set in the world of the comic but I am hoping that you choose to also bring us another story set in their "reality" because the connection between the characters is so interesting and endearing. Fingers crossed! I love your work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

This is a great example of nerdy/geeky girls being truly awesome. To quote one of my favorite songs "the geeks get the girls". Thank you for a great read, you combined two things I love comics and romance. All that is missing is an epilogue or something like that, something perhaps saying the convention became a tradition for the pair. Something like that would have been nice, but your story your choice I can't fault you for when you choose write end.

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyover 3 years ago
10 ******* stars

Great ..... This truly would have been a great deal for a long longer extra long story or better chain story ..... Thank you for

kathy2012kathy2012over 2 years ago

Lovely story! Both being Sapphic virgins is absolutely precious! I could taste their orgasms!

All the best,

Kathy

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I thought there should have been more self-questioning and doubt on Jackie’s part. She looks at some erotic drawings and suddenly sleeps with a woman? Maybe she could have had some prior yearnings or lesbian experiences.

ReesertonReesertonabout 2 years ago

I disagree with Anonymous. We didn’t need to see some kind of grand epiphany from Jackie. All she had to do was consider if she actually liked Jo, decide that she did after years of close friendship, let it marinate for a few hours, and then act as she saw fit. A testament to the fluidity of sexuality. I enjoyed this story greatly.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Fluidity to ones convenience - never an arrow.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAnn Douglas@Ann Douglas
I'm an average wife and mother, well, maybe not so average, who likes to write Erotica. I'm not a professional writer. In fact, until I tried writing my first story in the early 90s, I hadn't written anything longer than a letter since high school 20 years before. I like ...