Under My Umbrella Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Alastair ******

Walking from my stop I began to wonder if I'd shared too much info, I hated it when I did that. I'd only dated white guys with great disapproval from my parents and siblings, I have an affinity for white guys just as some white women have an affinity for black guys. I found Naial to be cute, beyond his looks were his mannerisms, he's polite and considerate, always a gentleman, a successful business man and if I've read him right I have a feeling he could be a great lover with the right woman.

Am I the right woman, do I have what it takes to trip his trigger, time will tell. For now Alli play it cool, don't rush things, let him pursue you until you catch him. Never mind what your family says, if he's the right one they won't be marrying him, you will. I'm a little older but who cares, he looks to be fit, might be interesting to see him in shorts and a tee. Shoot, I meant to get his cell number ... tomorrow.

I do enjoy our time together and the consequent conversations, I've been skittish and wary of men up until now, do I dare lower my guard, do I let him see the insecure ever doubtful me? I'm quite comfortable financially, I sure don't need a sugar daddy of any type, then again, he doesn't strike me as one who'd lord money over another. Let's face it girl, you are no knockout, the glasses, average figure, not much to draw him in with. Oh well, I'm gonna enjoy it while it lasts.

Naial ******

Walking home slowly I reflected on my situation, I'm thirty one, the business is doing well, I have plenty of money in the bank and a bright future if my calculations along with the number crunchers prove to be correct, if I sold it all in twenty years I could live comfortably the rest of my life and not work another day. But, that's not who I am, knowing my drive I'll probably still be working at seventy unless I can find a good reason not to.

I had a little over a week left on my agreement with the girls, but I sure was enjoying my rides each day with Alli. Then it dawned on me, with the warmer weather of spring why don't I simply continue riding the bus each day, I have access to vehicles during the day if I need one and I'll still get to be with Alli each day. Am I rushing this? Am I reading more into our budding friendship than actually exists? If the circumstances were right could she fall for a guy like me? I'm not ugly or illiterate but then I'm no hunk either.

I proposed my idea to Alli about continuing on the bus so I could see her each day and she got flush, because her skin is a darker brown I couldn't see any red in her cheeks, but I could tell she was caught off guard, maybe even a little bit embarrassed.

"Do you mean you're going to give up driving to work every day and put up with this crap (she moved her hand in a sweeping motion) just so we can talk and have pizza once in a while? Let me tell you something up front Mr. Naial, if you think I'm an easy mark you'd better reconsider because I'm not. I don't need a man to buy me a meal and tell me I'm pretty just so he can bed me."

I was in complete shock, I meant nothing of the sort. What had I said or done wrong to deserve that berating, in public I might add. I said no more, I got up and found another seat deciding to get off a stop ahead of normal, I needed some fresh air to process this mess. As the bus pulled away I saw her watching me with what I thought were tears in her eyes, I wasn't at the screw you and drop dead stage but I was certainly hurt by her words.

My day was purposely long, I worked beyond what I needed to just to avoid riding the bus home with her on it. Taking a delivery truck home I was able to avoid seeing her, which meant I could do the same in the morning, I saw her at her stop waiting for the bus as I drove by, she looked sad and lost. Maybe she regretted what she'd said, do I dare take the bus home and risk another scolding? The day was busy but not chaotic, I was done early enough to catch the early bus figuring she'd take the later as we'd been doing.

As I rounded the corner I realized my calculations were blown to smitherines, there she stood looking directly at me, no way of gracefully turning around to avoid a confrontation. I attempted to walk past but she stepped in front of me.

"Naial we need to talk. Will you please talk with me?"

"Why would I do that Alli, so you can berate and scold me loudly enough for half the bus to hear you? Especially over something so blatantly untrue, I have never hinted I wanted to take advantage of you. If you want to talk there's a coffee shop down the block, I'll talk with you there if you promise not to accuse me of things I've not proposed. It's up to you."

I could see her eyes begin to water as she spoke, "That will be fine. Do you want me to walk ahead or behind you, I get the impression you have no desire to be with me."

I was getting pissed and needed to bring my emotional meter back into perspective.

"I want you to do neither, if you want to walk by my side then fine, if not get on the bus and we'll call this quits, even though it never began."

I took two steps then looked back at her, "You coming or not?"

It was a silent walk to the Caribou coffee shop, we ordered, I insisted on paying while she found a table where we sat sipping our hot beverage saying nothing. I'd had enough.

"Okay Alli, you wanted to talk, so talk."

"I need to apologize, I'm not sure why I flew off the handle like that. I'm just not used to guys being nice to me without a hidden agenda."

I nodded, "If it makes you feel any better, I've had the same misgivings about you, I simply chose not to blurt them out in front of twenty strangers. I do need to ask, what have I done or not done to make you think all I wanted was to get in your pants? Chicks everywhere are ready to give it up for a few drinks and a meal, why would I bother being nice and wanting to know you better given that scenario? I'm confused."

I could tell she was trying to formulate an answer, I chose to sit back and give her that opportunity. A few minutes had gone by when I decided I'd had enough and stood.

"Wait, where are you going Naial? We haven't talked."

"On the contrary, I've talked while you sat staring at your coffee. I have things to do Alli, if you don't want to take the bus I'll call an Uber for you."

"Naial please wait, don't go. Please sit, I'm done thinking. Try and look at it from my view point, I'm thirty three, have had two guys I thought were friends only to find out all they wanted was somebody for booty call, I get hit on at the office from numerous guys, sadly most are married. Meeting you has been an adventure, you're funny, handsome, easy to be around and carry on an interesting conversation."

I knew there was a *but* coming. Or should I say I thought there was a *but* coming.

"When you told me that you were going to ride the bus to see and be with me it was all too much, I was overwhelmed, all I could think of was that you wanted sex, just like the rest."

"Here's the problem Alli, I'm not like the rest. Do I find you attractive and desirable, yes, yes I do. I'm not stupid, I'm no catch myself so when you showed an interest in me, I let it go to my head thinking maybe I'd finally met the right one. I apologize, my words were not meant to offend or infer."

I was ready to stand and go when her hand landed on top of mine. Squeezing slightly I watched the tears roll down her cheeks, it was breaking my heart, I had to say something in hopes of salvaging this relationship.

"Alli, I think we've sold each other short, both so concerned we'd get hurt that we in turn hurt each other unintentionally. I want to know you better, but in all honesty, I don't want to be a friend from afar, I want to be more to you than someone to ride the bus with. Your turn."

As the tears continued I pulled out my red bandana and handed it to her, which caused her to look up quickly.

"A bandana? Who carries a bandana anymore? Specially one of these farmer looking things? Why did I just ask such a foolish question, obviously you do Naial. Thank you."

After wiping her eyes and blowing her nose she had regained her composure.

"You've been honest with me Naial, the least I can do is be honest with you as well. You say you're no catch, I disagree, there's more to a person than looks and physique, in my eyes you are a catch and I want to know you better as well. I do have one question for you before we take this any further. Are you prepared for the blowback you'll get from dating a black girl?"

I'd thought that very issue through previously and had an answer, "I am, and I'll answer your question with one of my own. We see black guys with white girls everywhere every day, so why can't a white guy be with a black girl? Seems a bit prejudiced and hypocritical to me."

Without letting go of my hand she sat staring into my eyes as though she was searching my very soul, finally taking a deep breath and exhaling.

"That is a very good question sir, one I don't have an answer for, but we ought to. You're right, if it's okay one way then why is it not okay the other way? Naial, I'm willing to try if you still are, I'm attracted to you and I think you're a good human being, if you want to continue seeing me, on and off the bus, I would like that."

I stood taking her hand in mine as we walked out of the shop and down the street. I started to apologize again when she stopped abruptly putting her finger on my lips, "No more, we're past it, don't ruin the moment, we need to hurry if we're to catch the next bus."

As the weeks flew by we would see each other daily, she was always eager to see me in the morning, me eager to see a smiling face and soft warm hand to hold in the evening after dealing with people all day. Though I only managed the operation I still had to interact with numerous folks, sometimes in less than optimum situations. Seeing her waiting was the highlight of my day, I began bringing her a flower every afternoon, whether rain or shine we shared an umbrella the entire summer.

On one of our planned supper nights at a Chinese buffet she was waiting with two shopping bags hanging off her arm. I took both bags as we walked to the restaurant, as I set them down next to the table I asked what she'd bought.

"In the blue one is a new dress and in the pink one some unmentionables." I gave her an inquisitive look, leaning to me she whispered. "New undies dingbat, somehow this is neither the time nor place to show you."

Following our meal we chose to walk the few blocks back to my store where I garnered one of the delivery vans instead of us taking the bus, she didn't mind not putting up with the hassle a bus ride typically provided. A mile or so from home was a place that sold several flavors of frozen yogurt, we stopped in for a dessert before going to her apartment building. We hadn't yet kissed though we'd seen each other nearly each day throughout the summer, I made the decision that was going to end when I walked her to the door.

I was impressed by where she lived, upscale apartments within a gated area, a girl can never be too careful, and it was somewhere you don't normally see single girls living. All around her were couples or small families. At the door she turned after unlocking the door, standing like she was waiting for something I took the opportunity to kiss her soft luscious lips, I wasn't sure about her, but I felt light headed. Breaking the kiss she smiled and leaned back.

"I was beginning to wonder if that was ever going to happen Naial, now that it has, I think I need another taste before you go."

We kissed, I nuzzled her neck and nibbled on her earlobes, we kissed a bit more before she finally pushed back. Kissing her finger then placing it on my lips she whispered that she'd save a seat for me in the morning. I would like to say at this point what a gentleman I was and didn't have a single seductive thought in my mind ... except that would be an absolute lie. With her arms around my neck her body was just tight enough to mine to feel her tiny firm breasts against my chest, the taste of her lips and the warmth of her body had me in sensory overload.

It was when I sat in the van that I was first cognizant of exactly how aroused I was, oh sure I knew I was hard, it was only after trying to sit that I realized how hard I was, not to mention how proud he stood, all seven inches was at attention. I pushed down on my cock and moaned as I buckled the belt and headed for home. I generally don't masturbate unless I'm feeling pent up, tonight would be one of those moments.

Alastair ******

Oh my goodness was that a kiss or was that a kiss, shit, he nibbled on my earlobes, no one has ever done that before. My nipples, holy crap they're still hard, it almost hurts too touch them, and my panties are wet, I felt the flow of warm liquid fill my vulva when his arms went around my body holding me tight. It got worse when I sensed his erection pressing gently into my tummy, his seemed shorter than the first guy but bigger than the second, maybe I've found mister right after all.

Sitting on the toilet I stared at the thick sticky goo in the gusset of my panties, no guy had ever done that to me before, especially from only kissing. There'd be no waiting to put on fresh panties in the morning as usual, this called for fresh ones before bed. Looking at the wet full size briefs lying on the top of the laundry basket I determined that buying sexier undies earlier that day was the right move. Knowing that in time I would want him to see me in my undies as well as naked I determined I'd be going back to that lingerie store again very soon.

I need to be careful here, in fact I think I'd better get on the pill before something does happen and I'm not prepared. I made the other guys use condoms but from everything I've heard the girls at the office say it doesn't begin to compare with skin on skin. I have to wonder, what will it feel like as he enters my body with his penis, no, I'm not a virgin but I may as well be, it's been years since anything other than a tampon has been inside me. I'll call my gyno tomorrow for an appointment.

Naial *******

I picked Alli up at seven fifteen the next morning as we had arranged the night before, we received a few stares from folks, more when the two of us walked hand in hand out to the van than when I walked in alone. Dropping her off she leaned toward me for a kiss, I commented I could get used to that several times a day.

"Well cowboy, play your cards right and you just might. See you at the stop, have a good day."

It was a chilly early fall drizzly day as I walked up to her, lowering her umbrella she stepped under mine and kissed me hello. Shoulda seen the heads turning, it was like they were on swivels, we chuckled and kissed again just to tweak them. On the bus she had a serious look on her face.

"Naial, do you have a vehicle at home?" I nodded. "Do you have plans for dinner?" I shook my head. "Can we go to the new burger place on Morgan Avenue, I think it's called five guys, some of the people at the office were talking about it."

"Sure, I was to one in Minneapolis last year when I attended a trade show, they're pretty neat. I'll pick you up at six thirty, that should put us there right after the supper crowd."

When I picked her up, I inquired which space her car was parked in. She told me she didn't have a car.

"Why don't you have a car?"

"Because I don't have a driver's license, seems silly to buy a car I can't drive legally. And before you ask, it just never seemed all that important when I was younger, now I'm just too lazy to go through drivers training and take the test. I really should get my license though, taking the bus everywhere is at times extremely difficult, like when I shop for groceries, what a nightmare."

I commented we should maybe shop together so she wouldn't have to try hauling it home on the bus. She laughed, then nodded her head.

"Maybe we should, it might be fun having someone along. By the way, this is one fine truck, it feels more comfy than my dad's Escalade, what is this?"

"It's a Honda Ridgeline pickup and I agree with your assessment about being more comfy than the Escalade, had one of those and didn't like it much. I sold it to my chief delivery guy, he loves it, to each his own I guess."

She liked the five guys burger but absolutely loved the fries, she finally pushed the bag away and told me to not let her have anymore or she'd OD on them. Riding home I asked if she'd gotten the new dress for a reason other than something to wear for the office.

"Matter of fact I did, a wedding back home, my cousin is getting hitched and I'm standing up for her, I wanted something to wear after the rehearsal dinner and at the reception. Who the heck wants to dance in what you wore to the wedding unless you're the bride? Not me that's for darned sure. By the way, you're going with me, I'll even let you drive, you'll need a suit for the wedding but casual after that.

Maybe dress slacks, a dress shirt and sports coat for the reception."

"Are you sure about this Alli? I mean, do your folks even know you're dating, much less a white guy, one who doesn't possess a doctorate of any kind. And where will I stay?"

"As for where you'll stay, there's a guest cottage by the pond, about fifty yards from the house, you'll eat with us in the main house. As for me dating a white guy, that's all I've ever dated, they know I don't go out with black guys and that's all there is to it."

"I don't know Alli, your entire family are doctors of some sort or another, how am I going to be accepted much less fit in?"

"First off Naial, if you try to fit in my dad will eat you alive. Just be you, be the guy I think is cute and funny and exciting to be with. Be the businessman you are and nothing more, if you do that my dad will love you. As for my brother and brother in law, let's just say they're rectums and will act accordingly. Ignore them and don't let them goad you into a black/white confrontation, dad will only allow that long enough to see how you respond and then he'll shut them down. Once he does that, they won't bother you again."

She quickly blurted, "Oh, hey, can we stop by the mall? I want to get something?"

I nodded my compliance and headed for the other side of town, it would give me a chance to check on two of the the kiosks as well, I pulled into a parking spot and sat there. Nudging my arm for my attention she pointed at the keys.

"You're coming in with me, so let's go."

I had no idea what shop she was going into and didn't really care, I liked being with her and that was all that counted. As soon as I was around her side and opened the door, she reached for my hand never letting go as we walked in. It wasn't crowded at all considering the hour, we strolled along nonchalantly looking in shops and stores on the way to wherever our destination was going to be. I stopped at the kiosk's as sort of a surprise visit, I was pleased with everything I saw. Walking toward Nordstroms at the end of the walkway I thought that was where we were headed, nope, two stores before that we took a right turn and I froze.

I was surrounded by underwear and lingerie, not paying attention to where she was taking us had put me smack dab in a Victorias Secret. I'm not prudish by any means, but there's something about standing in the midst of such sexy stuff that made me feel like my mom was gonna wash my mouth out with soap. And she'd been dead three years, I dug my heels in and didn't move as she turned to look at me.

"Alli, honey, please don't ask me to go in here with you. I'll sit on the bench outside, I'll even give you a credit card to pay for it, just, please don't make me trapse through all this like some kind of pervert."