All Comments on 'Under the Milky Way'

by Thefireflies

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
technofrog2002technofrog2002about 4 years ago

Love it.

The details made the story. It really connected me to the characters and the environment.

ThefirefliesThefirefliesabout 4 years agoAuthor

Glad you loved it technofrog2002, thanks for reading.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
well done thank you

before I even read the story I had to go back and listen again to one of my all time favourites. Thank you so much for this story, thank you for sharing it with us and thank you for stirring up memories from long ago...

Sometimes when this place gets kind of empty

Sound of their breath fades with the light

I think about the loveless fascination

Under the Milky Way tonight

oakbloke82oakbloke82about 4 years ago
Awesome work

Thank you for a ripper of a story! Outstanding work!

courier256courier256almost 4 years ago
Delightful!

What a sweet and hot story.

One quibble: The mechanics of "removed her tracksuit pants while still straddling him" must be a uniquely Australian topology, as I can't really see how one would manage it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Lovely romance, and a good portrait of modern Australia.

Lovely romance, but also a good portrait of modern Australia with realistic characters. I met a Sophie (not her name) at Sydney University around the year 2000. She was studying law, but also politics - I was her Politics 101 tutor. Bright, a good student, determined to make difference through her role as a lawyer, both for her mob and the disadvantaged generally. She was proud of her Aboriginal heritag and could have been your character, however I know nothing about her background or personal life.

You tackled the Queen's Birthday holiday, are you game to tackle Australia Day in a Lit story?

ThefirefliesThefirefliesalmost 4 years agoAuthor

Thanks for all the comments. Anon - tackling issues surrounding Australia Day in a Lit story, now there’s a challenge. I’d initially considered making Australia Day the setting for this tale, intertwining relevant issues, but the timing didn’t work so well given its occurrence at the front-end of the year, where characters would be unlikely to be 18 before beginning year 12, or would already have made their university choices and ready to begin if I’d set it after finishing school, prior to their first year at uni.

Ginger630Ginger630over 3 years ago

Omg. This story gave me ALL THE FEELS!

I do need a translator lol! But it made the story authentic and real. Their feelings for each other were amazing. I’m actually jealous of their love.

The only thing that was a concern...SAND! Sand everywhere lol!!!!

One of my favorite stories!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

One doesn’t have to be from Oz to understand that this author spins the most astonishing love stories on Lit. I’m as Middle USA as they come, but these gentle yet passionate tales from halfway around this blue marble never fail to touch my heart. Please, Thefireflies, keep them coming.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

As an Australian from the Northern Beaches it was really nice to see suburbs I'd grown up in mentioned. Great love story, pity they were bloody QLDers though haha

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyabout 1 year ago

This is some everybody is dreaming about, Soulmate, a partner you become one with …… and starting that early, growing up together, so knowing each other to the highest peak, then exposing your love and being rewarded, this is magic ….. perfect tale and full of affection of love of kindness and much more, just perfect

Wonderful ten hearts 💕 💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💕✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Almost gave up early on, but glad I hung in to finish it. I loved them both! Well done!!

kaotic2kaotic23 months ago

This was wonderful. Thank you.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userThefireflies@Thefireflies
Thanks for dropping by my story page. I like to write for pleasure, mine and hopefully yours. I still have many story ideas, I'm just excellent at procrastinating, even when I do get time to write. So, my dear readers, please be patient. A quick word about typos: they are prob...