Under The Rose

Story Info
Was it love or magic?
10.6k words
4.61
15.3k
53
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Bh76
Bh76
2,784 Followers

I sighed as I walked through the revolving door leading into the lobby of the grossly overpriced resort where I was staying. The trip was originally an anniversary gift to Ann, my girlfriend of almost three years, but we didn't make it that far. She found her "soulmate" while we were still together and dumped me two months before the trip.

My trying to save money bit me in the butt when I couldn't get a refund on the trip, so there I was on the trip alone. Surprisingly, I could have brought Ann along, she ended it with the love of her life when he took five grand from her savings and left for parts unknown, but I wasn't going to be dumped again when she found her next soulmate.

"Hi, Foster Allen checking in," I told the sweaty, balding, portly gentleman at the front desk. It had to be sixty-five degrees in that lobby, but he seemed impervious to air-conditioning. Maybe, it was his superpower?

"Yes, Mr. Allen," he smiled, his cheeks red with whatever. "We have you in room 317 overlooking the beautiful pool and cabana deck. You should be very happy with the view."

He winked as if it were some sort of lewd secret between us. After getting the directions to the elevator, I made sure the bellman was there with my bags and wandered away.

It was a beautiful island, and the hotel's opulence fit its location well. Everything was appointed in tropical tones and smelled like coconuts. I wondered if they infused a scent through the air-conditioning.

While waiting for the elevator, a group of young women brushed past us, and it seemed as if they were each trying to hit my shoulder no matter how far back I stepped away.

"Sorry I was in your way, Ladies," I groaned rubbing my shoulder.

The last woman turned, and I was knocked two steps back by her beauty. She was tall and thin, wistfully lanky--in a good way, and her red curls bounced when she strode towards me.

She poked my chest and I shivered at the electricity in her touch. "I don't care where you're from, Asshole--but where we come from, a gentleman steps aside for a lady."

I was taken aback by the anger in her voice and the ugliness on her face.

I shrugged my shoulders and said, "When you see one, let me know."

Her friends broke out in laughter, then she weakly slapped me, and that wiped the smirk off of my face. So much for my witty retort.

She looked me up and down, smirked, and said, "See you around, Asshole."

I shook my head and said to the bellman, "Let's wait for the next elevator."

He was a weathered old man and that was probably the most excitement he'd seen for months. He laughed and said, "My wife would say she liked you, Sir."

I snorted, "If that was her liking me, I'd hate to see what she does when she loves someone."

We made it to my room, and he opened the door for me.

I looked around the large room and thanked the man for helping with the bags. He happily accepted my twenty, although the resort said no tips were necessary, and left me to rest.

I had to admit, it was a nice view of the pool area and my shorts tightened at the sight of some beautiful women with hardbodies glistening in the sunlight. I saw it was almost four and I was getting hungry, so I figured I'd take a shower and head down for a lonely dinner.

Thoughts of my ex permeated my mind. I didn't know what went wrong with Ann. I worked in a machine shop until three, so even if I worked two hours of overtime, I was home by 5:30 every day. She couldn't say she never saw me; I was always home before she walked in the door.

I did all of the little things. I gave her flowers for no reason, never forgot an important date, heck, I even got along with her friends. Her only explanation was she felt a spark when they met. I wondered what she felt when she saw her bank account was empty and he moved out.

I wasn't going to drive myself crazy over it. I was going to try to enjoy my vacation.

*****

I sat at a table in the middle of the room and ordered a steak and a beer. I looked around and almost left when I saw the group of women from earlier walk up and sit at the table next to mine. Worst of all, the hot redhead was sitting on my side at a kitty corner angle across from me. Every time I looked up; she was in my peripheral vision. It would've ruined my appetite if she weren't so beautiful and wearing a short skirt.

She was subtly made up, with nothing detracting from her natural look. Her green eyes were captivating, and I found myself wondering if they were contacts. Her eyes simply sparkled.

Her soft green dress paired perfectly with her titian curls, and I was pleasantly surprised to see her wearing nude stockings. Topping off the elegantly sexy look were a pair of high, but not too high heels. She was by far the most beautiful woman I'd ever seen up close. It was too bad she was such a bitch.

I tried to ignore them as I ate my meal, but I was struck by their conversation. They were talking about cheating on boyfriends and husbands as if it were nothing. I was disgusted by every comment each made about whatever shortcoming they didn't like about their partner. I noticed that the bitch didn't say much. She seemed to be lost in thought as they had to snap her out of it a couple times.

I made eye contact with her once and she sneered at me. I simply shook my head and drank a gulp of beer.

The steak was good, the beer was cold enough, and I was ready to go when the waiter carrying the dessert tray to me tripped on her foot sticking out from under the table. The tray landed on my table sending my beer and the various pastries and slices of pie onto my lap. I always thought those show desserts were made of wax. Not at that restaurant.

All I could do was sigh. I waved off his apologies and went to the bathroom to clean up the best I could. When I returned, the ladies laughed hysterically at my plight. I shook my head and asked the waiter for my bill.

"I've taken care of the bill, Sir. I'm terribly sorry. I..."

"It wasn't your fault," I said. "The bitch at the table next to me had her foot sticking out and tripped you. There was nothing you could do."

She stopped laughing when I called her a bitch. She didn't look angry as much as sad. I gave him a fifty and said, "Everything was great, up until dessert, I couldn't taste a thing."

He smiled and nodded at my poor attempt at humor. I walked out and breathed in the humid air. "What a disaster," I sighed to myself and walked back to my room ignoring the stares at my dirty clothes.

It was still early, so I changed and set my clothes in the laundry bag to be cleaned. The hotel was kind enough to do it gratis.

*****

I decided to walk along the path around the resort. There were some carts spread around with locals selling their wares and I stopped at each to compare how badly they were ripping tourists off with their cheap baubles. It wasn't as bad as I thought.

One woman had a sign on her cart that read, "Under The Rose." She only sold roses and trinkets that featured roses. I didn't have much need for roses, but I looked anyway and was struck by a charm necklace. It was silver and the charm was half of a rose with no stem.

"You like? It's very special," the woman smiled.

"Special how?" I asked, unable to pull my eyes from it.

"There's magic in the charm. If you wear that necklace, the first woman you touch will fall in love with you."

I laughed and said, "Oh, yeah? Whether she wants to or not, huh?"

She nodded and smirked, "As long as you're wearing it, she'll be yours."

I was amused, yet I couldn't take my eyes off of the cheap piece of jewelry.

"How much is it?"

"One-hundred American dollars," she said as if it were a nickel.

I can't explain what happened next, I was about to tell her I didn't believe in that sort of thing, but the next thing I knew, I was handing her the cash and it was around my neck.

"Remember, the first woman you touch will fall madly in love with you. Be careful."

She cackled and I walked away in a daze.

I don't know how I got back, I don't remember the walk at all, but I found myself standing in front of the elevator. I heard voices behind me and as I began to turn, I was bumped into by, of all people, the bitch.

"Excuse me," I said as I lifted my arm and touched her shoulder.

She swatted my hand away and spat, "Get out of my way."

She froze when we made eye contact and I swear her eyes sparkled.

She snaped out of it when one of her friends pulled her onto the elevator. Then I got the sneer again.

"Oh, shit!" I said as the doors closed.

The old lady's voice rang in my head. "The first woman you touch will fall madly in love with you." Of course, her cackling followed it.

I shook my head as if I were shaking off cobwebs and walked through the elevator doors. I figured the necklace didn't really have any powers, so there was nothing to worry about. I didn't believe in magic; I didn't believe in anything supernatural. I was in the clear, or so I thought.

*****

I was at the breakfast buffet taking a second helping of melon when I heard a voice behind me.

"You seem to keep popping up everywhere I go."

I turned and as I feared, it was the bitch.

"Look, lady, if you'd been paying attention, everywhere I 'pop up,' as you say, I was there first. Every. Single. Time. If you'll excuse me, I'd like to finish my breakfast before l lose my appetite or you trip someone carrying hot coffee this time."

I walked away and left her standing with her mouth agape. Who the hell did she think she was?

I sat at a table as far away from the buffet as possible and hoped it would be far enough away from her to allow me to eat in peace. No one was sitting within five tables of me, and I felt a calmness wave over me. A waiter walked by with a tray of mimosas, and I accepted the citrusy goodness. I thought what I needed was a morning buzz and figured I'd get started.

I saw her sit a few tables in front of me and I groaned. As gorgeous as she was, I didn't feel like ogling her when she was in my direct line of sight. I chugged down the drink and walked away from the uneaten plate of melon.

I tried to walk past her, but she touched my arm and said, "Please don't leave on my account. Finish your breakfast. I won't disturb you."

"Too late," I grumbled and walked on.

I couldn't believe the gall of her. I did nothing to deserve her attitude, yet she continued to bother me. I began to think it was a mistake to go on the trip.

I walked past one of the lounges and saw that it was open and empty. I walked in, sat at the bar, and ordered a bloody mary.

It was almost noon in the central time zone, so I asked the bartender, "Is there any place I can go to watch American football games?"

He said, "Sure, we'll have a game on the big screen in that room over there. If you'd like to make a bet, the gentleman in the white hat will take your action."

"Thanks," I said as he walked away.

"I checked earlier, and they will have the Bears and Vikings game on."

I shook my head, stood without looking at her and walked towards the room with the TV.

"Please don't go," she begged.

I stopped but refused to turn towards her. "Why?" I asked.

"I meant to apologize this morning, but I guess I was so bad yesterday you won't even let me."

"Apology accepted," I said and started walking away.

"Please, stop. Let me buy you a drink."

I turned around and closed the distance between us, "No, thank you."

"Look, I know I didn't make the greatest of first impressions yesterday. I promise you, I'm not usually like that."

I didn't respond, I looked at her and let everything hang in an uncomfortable silence for her.

She sighed, "Can we sit? I'll tell you my story."

She looked so sad, I began to feel sorry for her and I wilted. "Okay, but don't slap me again and at the first sign of the bitch returning, I'm out of here."

She smiled brightly, "Fair enough. Let me get us some drinks."

I sat at the nearest empty table and looked out at the ocean crashing against the beach. Before I could collect my thoughts she came back.

"I'm Kiana." She handed me another bloody and sat across from me.

She said, "My dad liked some girl from some workout show on ESPN named Kiana."

"Never heard of her," I said and bit my celery. "I'm Foster."

"Foster, I really am sorry about yesterday. This trip has been nothing but a nightmare from the moment it was first planned. I had no right to slap you."

"Why is that?"

"This was supposed to be my bachelorette party. The crew I'm with were my bridesmaids."

"Supposed to be?"

She nodded. "Last month I caught him screwing some slut in our bed. I cancelled the wedding, but the trip was non-refundable"

"Ouch. Sorry about that. I'm supposed to be here with my girlfriend, but she left me for another guy."

"Seems we're a couple of lonesome losers, huh?"

I offered her my glass in a toast. "Why the bitch routine, Kiana?"

She frowned, "Two of my friends are married, and two are dating really great guys, but they all are cheating on their partners here. It pissed me off when I found out what they planned to do, especially knowing how much I hate cheaters and after what happened to me, but they didn't care. I had to leave them last night and take a walk just to get away from them."

"I overheard some of their conversation at dinner last night. It sickened me and I couldn't wait to get out of there."

"I'm sorry, Foster," she said as she placed her hand on top of mine. "I don't believe in cheating."

"I believe you."

She looked behind me and said, "Hey, the game is starting. Do you want to watch with me?"

"You're a football fan?" I was mildly surprised.

"I told you I asked if they would have the game on earlier. I never miss a Bears game."

I stood and said, "Are you a Chicago girl?"

"Northwest suburbs. I live in Bartlett. It's about a..."

"I know. I'm from Carol Stream."

She smiled, "We're neighbors. How cool is that?"

I was amazed that we were from neighboring towns. I followed her into the TV room and got another round of drinks and some popcorn from the bar.

"Thanks," she said. "We're going to get our butts kicked," she said referring to the Bears.

"Yeah, we always do, don't we?"

We laughed and I heard, "Hey, there you are, Ki We're going to the beach, let's go."

Her entire group of friends was standing there in the skimpiest bikinis I'd ever seen. There was a group of guys standing a few feet behind them.

"I'm watching the game with Foster, go on without me."

"We didn't fly all this way to watch football, Ki. Get your skinny butt into a bikini and let's get some sun."

Kiana stood and growled, "Jen, if you don't get your cheating ass out of my face, I will text Ryan and tell him who you were with last night."

Jen stood there shocked. "You wouldn't dare."

"I told you guys last night. Leave me alone. I'm not here to fuck every swinging dick that smiles at me."

There were various murmurs from the group of friends. Most were concerned about Kiana telling their partner about their activities. It didn't take long for them to leave us.

"Fucking ridiculous," she said before she chugged her drink. She wiped her mouth with the back of her hand and belched.

I laughed and handed her a napkin.

"I don't know what's so hard to understand," she moaned. "I hate cheaters. Period."

"Me too. So, Kiana from Bartlett, what do you do for a living?"

"I own a restaurant. Well, with my family. Napoli's over on..."

"I know it well. I get delivery from you guys a few times a month. Your linguini with clams is the best I've ever had."

"Ah! A customer, huh? That's great. It's the only place I've ever worked. I'm in the back now doing the books, though. Mom and Dad run the front and the kitchen. You'll have to quit ordering delivery and come in to visit now."

I raised an eyebrow.

"Well, I mean, now that you know one of the owners."

"Sure. I knew what you meant."

"How about you, Foster...HEY! That's a hold!" she shouted at the television.

I laughed and said, "I work for the family business too. Dad has a custom machine shop in Elgin. I run most of the production we do."

She nodded as if she knew what I was talking about.

"You're a leg man, huh?" She asked with a smirk and her eyes glued to the television.

"Huh?"

"I saw you checking me out last night. To be honest, that's why my foot was sticking so far out. I was giving you a bit of a show. I guess it backfired."

"I'll say."

We laughed and she said, "When I woke this morning, I hoped I'd run into you again. I had to apologize for yesterday and I'm glad I did."

I was about to say something when the Vikings scored, and I thought she was going to throw her empty glass at the screen.

"You're a pretty big fan, I take it?" I asked.

"Yeah. We always had a Bears game special in the bar at the restaurant when I was a kid. Every game, I sat at the bar with a Pepsi and the regulars that came in. I learned a lot about the Bears from sitting in that bar. I also learned how to play darts, but that's another story."

*****

"Well, that sucked," she said as the final score flashed across the screen and her beloved were on the losing end.

"Did that ruin your mood for the day? I was going to ask you to have lunch with me?"

I hoped I wasn't pressing my luck. She was so gorgeous, and I had the completely wrong first impression of her. I wanted to get to know her better.

"No, I'll be alright. I'd like to have lunch with you."

"How about the seafood restaurant on the other side of the resort. I hear they have a pretty good cioppino."

She smiled and said, "Sounds good to me.

I was surprised when she took my hand as we walked along the path around the resort. Her charm bracelet jangled with the many pieces hanging off.

"When do you go home?" She asked.

"My flight is early Saturday morning."

"Mine too. I bet we're on the same plane."

I said, "Could be." As we walked, I saw where the rose cart was the night before, but the old lady and her cart was gone. I could swear I heard her cackling laughter as we walked by.

"What's up?" She said as she noticed me looking around.

"Nothing, sorry. I was looking for a cart I saw here last night."

"Oh," she said and gripped my hand a little tighter. "I guess you should have bought whatever it was last night."

I smiled and said, "It was a cart of roses. I was going to get you one."

"Aren't you the King of the sweet," she chirped.

I laughed, "Yeah, that's me. King Sweet."

She leaned her head onto my shoulder for the rest of our walk. I was genuinely surprised at her flip in personality. She was fun to talk to and I hoped to continue to get to know her.

*****

We separated after lunch but exchanged numbers. I asked her to join me for dinner, but she declined saying she had to spend some time with her friends. I was surprised to hear that after she talked so badly about them cheating on their partners, but I suppose they were her friends whether good or bad.

I made my way down to the steakhouse again and was surprised to see I was a bit of a celebrity after the dessert tray incident the night before. The host assured me I wouldn't have the same server and I laughed.

I said, "It really wasn't his fault. I don't care if I'm in his section again."

He accepted my word and led me to my table without incident.

"Have a pleasant meal, Sir."

"Thank you," I said as I sat in and perused the menu.

I was taking a drink of water when I saw Kiana and her friends walk in with their men accompanying them. I wasn't happy to see Kiana walking with a young gentleman who had his hand on her back, just above the top of her ass.

It was then I noticed the table near to me was the only one large enough for their group of ten. "Her reaction ought to be interesting," I thought.

Bh76
Bh76
2,784 Followers