Understanding

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Susan just sat there and nodded. She appeared to be deep in thought. Then, she asked a very interesting question, "How will you know that you have found the person you are looking for?"

I had to be honest, "I'm afraid I don't know. I just hope that I will recognize her and that she will recognize me. I know that this sounds crazy, but it is all I know."

I broke the subject and asked if she minded if I put on some music. When she said no, I went to the music system and put on Rachmaninoff's second piano concerto. When I sat back down again Susan asked me another very pointed question. "How did you pick that piece? It is my favorite piece of music."

"It happens to be my favorite piece as well. I bought my first recording of this when I was in jr high school. I believe it was played by Leonard Pennario."

She just sat there looking at me with a strange expression on her face. Then she closed her eyes and was obviously transported somewhere else by the music. As the third movement ended she indicated that she needed to take a shower and get some sleep.

It wasn't until she had left that I slowly started to realize that much of what I was looking for was to be found in this woman, Susan. I suspected that I needed to take things slowly to see if she was indeed the one I wanted and to make sure that I didn't loose her.

On the following weekend I took Susan to the local mega-building supply store to shop for bathroom fixtures and such. We started with the question of what type of floor and walls she would like. For the floor we settled on ceramic tile, for the walls, we ended up agreeing with Formica sheet. Then came the question of bathtub and shower. By this time I had learned that Susan had a touch of arthritis due to old joint injuries suffered in a sledding accident when she was in high school. Knowing that it would be good to address that problem I suggested a heated whirlpool bath. At first she was reluctant, saying that it was awfully expensive, but I told her not to worry about that. The shower was the one item I selected without asking her. The unit was a "steam shower" which means that it can be run as a sort of computer controlled sauna as well as a normal shower. It was built to handle up to two people at a time, and had a fold down bench. It was expensive, but again, for stiff joints and such it was just what the doctor would order if he could.

We also selected good laminate flooring and classic wallpaper for the bedroom. Since the old walls were lath and plaster I selected to line the room with a new layer of insulation and 1/4" plywood with one face sanded and guaranteed smooth. The closets were to be lined with aromatic cedar.

I arranged to let the specialists from the hardware store do all of the installation for me. They would get whatever permits were needed and would stand behind their work. I could do this work, but at the price of these components I wanted it done right and guaranteed in writing. They would start the work the following Tuesday. I called my boss at work and told him I needed to use some of my saved up vacation time. He didn't mind since my vacation balance was just about at the company's limits. I didn't want to have my mom alone with workmen I didn't know having the run of the house.

After the shopping I treated Susan to lunch and we headed back home to unload her car, which was still in the barn. I attached my small lawn trailer behind my riding lawn tractor and it took us only five trips from the barn to the house to get her stuff moved in, and the old beds moved out. By Sunday afternoon she was pretty well settled in, but ready to move some or her stuff when the work started.

The following Monday I told Susan that she would temporarily need to swap rooms with me. We moved most of her stuff into the dining room, and I put a foam pad and sleeping bag on the floor in her room. Susan wasn't too keen on me having to sleep on the floor, but she finally agreed that it was probably the most logical thing to do. I gave her the key to my door lock, and told her that I would get dressed after she had gotten ready for work the following morning. I insisted on putting my 12ga shotgun in her back seat and having her put five shells in her glove box. Fortunately, she was no stranger to guns.

**********************************

The workmen showed up at just before 8a.m. the next morning. Four different crews had arrived, the electricians, the plumbers, the ceramic tile team and the carpentry team. I had modified the order a bit and also arranged for a new eighty gallon pressure tank and a new forty gallon propane hot water heater. That way there would be no question about having enough hot water for both bathrooms to be used.

The electricians went to work running the new wiring for the steam shower and heated whirlpool bath tub. The carpenters started in on the floor in the bedroom, and one plumber started the basement work while another started to install the tub and shower with the help of one of the carpenters. From the way they were working it was pretty obvious that they would have the floor done and the plywood up on the bedroom walls before the end of Wednesday.

It was Friday when the last of the work was finished. The building inspector had come out and blessed the work. That day we started to move Susan's things back into her room. Among other things I had removed the locks on her bedroom and bathroom door and replaced them with really high quality, pick proof, locks. When she came home I presented her with all the keys that had come with the locks. She insisted that I keep one of the keys and put it in an out of the way place just in case she locked her's in the room or fell and needed someone to come in and help her. That sounded like a fair idea to me. The only other thing unusual about her room was the addition of a gun rack equipped with a 12ga double barrel shotgun and a full box of 12ga shells loaded with "00" Buck shot. She smiled at this. I explained that since she was on the first floor her window could be reached from outside. She now understood why the gun was there.

Weeks past, and weeks turned to months. A new year had arrived and we were already into March. During this time our household just went "ticking along" like clockwork.

After dinner Friday evening Susan did something unusual, she turned to me and asked me to join her for dinner on the following night. I tried to object, that I should be inviting her, but she would have none of it. I agreed to go.

Saturday was to be a typical early March day, blustery and cold. When evening came around, Susan asked me to drive her, since we would be back after dark and the roads could get tricky in the snow. I agreed and we headed out to Michael's Restaurant, one of the nicest eating places in the area. When we arrived we were shown to a small side room with only one table, and its own waiter. I hadn't expected the dinner to be quite so formal. Susan smiled when she saw that I was surprised but had kept from making any comments.

"A penny for your thoughts, Paul."

"I was just surprised to be eating in such style. I've only been to Michael's a few times and didn't even know that dining 'nooks' like this one existed. It looks expensive, can I help you with the bill?"

"No, and please don't feel uneasy about it. Tonight's meal and tip have already been paid for. I want this to be a relaxed, fun time."

"O.K., M'Lady what is on the menu for tonight?"

"We're starting off with good shrimp cocktails and moving on to fillet mignon, done medium rare. With the steak we are having peas and baked potatoes. For desert you have a choice of carrot cake or un-iced pound cake. How does that sound?"

"You've been talking to my mom haven't you?"

"Well, yes I have. I wanted to order the things that you really like, and that seemed to be the best way to find out without tipping my hand. Oh, and by the way this combination also happens to be my favorite as well."

She sat there with a friendly smile. She looked beautiful. Without even meaning to speak I quietly said, "You're beautiful tonight".

She looked at me with a smile on her face. It was then that I realized that I had truly been speaking, not just making the observation in my mind. I must have had a super confused look on my face.

"Is something wrong, Paul?"

"Errrr, not really. I was letting my mind wander a bit and had forgotten to take my mouth out of gear. I don't want to say or do anything to offend you."

"Why should your saying that I look beautiful tonight be offensive?"

"Well, this room is quite private and I don't want to make you think my mind is wondering......Duh, I can't seem to put words together tonight, I'm sorry." My face must have turned several shades of red, because Susan looked at me and said, "Don't worry, one of the main reasons I arranged this room was so that we could relax and speak our minds. You haven't offended me in any way. In some ways your discomfort is sort of a high compliment. Relax, and let's enjoy one another's company without worrying about stepping on toes. Remember, that works both ways."

All I could do, at this point, was to nod my head in agreement. Seeing that I was still a bit shaken she started the ball rolling.

"I wonder if you have noticed some strange 'coincidences'. Our preference in music is almost identical. We like similar art, with the exception of the fact you like pinups a lot. We, obviously, can talk shop; or talk about most other things. I have fallen in love with your mom and sister. I like your little church. You are kind and generous. What I'm trying to say is that we seem to be unusually compatible. What do you think?"

I was in a real bind now. I didn't want to verbally fall all over my feet. "I have the same feelings. The problem is that I value you so much I didn't want to broach the subject. I didn't want to think I was 'hitting on you'. I have never before met anyone quite like you, and am approaching a firm belief that I couldn't find anyone else like you; even if I wanted to hunt for one. I'm sorry I am so inept with words.".

She had a lovely soft and gentle look on her face. She reached over and took my hands and said: "I am in love with you. I don't think I could find a better man than you are. The main reason I wanted this time alone with you was to ask you a vitally important question. Will you marry me?"

I was stunned. All I could do was nod my head yes. It was several moments before my speaking voice was working again.

"I'm sorry that I am so emotionally weak when it comes to matters of the heart. I guess I fear rejection too much. I have been thinking of and wanting to ask you the same question, but couldn't think of any way to properly bring the subject up."

"I know, your mom told me."

"She told you? Thank God for mom and her care. Just in case I had found the nerve I also prepared a bit."

Susan looked confused. I reached in my right suit jacket pocket and took out a small black velvet bag and handed it to her.

"I hope you will like it." was about all I could say.

When she opened the bag she took out the ring. It was a half karat diamond set in platinum. Her eyes filled with tears, and she said: "I love it, and I do want to marry you!"

We must have looked a sight when the dinner started arriving. I'm sure that the meal was wonderful, but I was so busy looking at Susan that I couldn't swear to what I had eaten. When the meal was done we drove home. Mom and sis had already gone to bed. I built a fire in the pot bellied stove, put on some music, and we sat on the couch. Unlike previous times you could not have fit a sheet of thin paper between us. We just sat there with our arms around each other and melted into the music, the heat from the stove, and each other. I believe that both of us felt that we had never been happier.

The following day, Sunday, I made the announcement at church that we were going to get married. We seriously wanted the prayers of the congregation. I think I have heard it said that 'good foundations make for strong buildings'.

I asked Susan where she would like to go for our honeymoon. Her comment surprised me. She said: "I'd actually prefer to spend our honeymoon right where we are. I don't want to leave your mom and sis alone! They depend upon us and they need us to be here. I hope you don't mind."

I was taken aback, but had to admit that her suggestion made a lot of sense. We fixed the wedding date to be the fifth of April. We decided to take the time for a honeymoon and use it to be together in very intimate and special ways. Our immediate boss, at work, agreed to the time off; so the ball was in motion.

The urge to become physically more intimate grew exponentially. We both were trying to live out what we believe, but I won't lie to you and say that it was easy. This pressure wasn't just pure sex. It was the desire to make the loved partner as happy and fulfilled as humanly possible. The conditions for that involve sex and so much more.

*********************** The wedding day came and we "tied the knot". We both knew that "forsaking all others" and "till death do us part". Weren't mere words, they were part of our foundation. We held a reception at our old farmhouse. I had invited my family lawyer to attend with some documents he had modified for me. Just before cutting the cake I got everyone's attention and said that we wanted to do one other special thing. At that time my lawyer took out the three forms that he had been working on. My Will, a set of power of attorney papers, and a set of health care proxies. Susan and I signed the documents. As of that time she could sign legal documents for me, and would have the final say in what should happen if I couldn't make medical decisions for myself. The Will gave her full ownership of the property, with the conditions that my mom and sister would be looked after, if I should die before her. We asked our friends around us if anyone would like to sign as witness to these documents. We had twenty very willing people ready, willing, and able to do so.

When the reception was over, the cleanup was done by my sister and a couple of good friends from church (who, in fact, really could use the extra cash gained from this helping hand).

We finally retired to her, now our, bedroom.

We turned on the music system that I had just installed in the bedroom and bathroom. Obviously, the music was from the Romantic period.

We started off by undressing each other. At future times I'm sure that we would take longer in this task, and be more playful; but for now we simply got naked and embraced with nothing between us. After a few moments of relative bliss I retrieved a dildo I had purchased, went into the bathroom, turned on the infrared heaters, and started to draw bath water in the whirlpool bath. When it was properly full we helped each other into the tub. (We didn't want to risk a fall at this point in time. You can guess why!)

The water jet were turned on, and we embraced. My free hand was gently exploring and massaging one of her breasts. Her right hand very slowly and gently went around my scrotum and started to gently roll my balls. Within minutes my hard on had become more intense that any I could ever remember. I didn't want her to stop. I told her how wonderful it felt and how glad I was that we married. She just smiled, a sort coy smile, and told me that she was also having a lot of fun..

Susan now moved so that each of us had both hands free. She continued to gently massage my balls and gently started to play with my penis. I suddenly knew what I wanted to do, and asked her to get out of the tub, but sit on the edge of it with her feet in the water, and spread. She did that with a mischievous smile on her lips. I repositioned myself so that my face was between her thighs. I started by kissing her inner thighs and then moved up to her wonderfully shaved crotch. I spent much time kissing her pussy lips and spending extra time rubbing my nose on the fold of skin over her clitoris. After a few minutes of this I started to gently lick, suck, and nibble at her pussy lips while one of my hands was massaging the area over her clit. By this time her moaning was becoming more intense. She interspersed moans with feedback on what felt best. I slowly moved my tongue up to her clit. After a few minutes of giving that little button some loving attention I took the glass dildo (which had been pre-warmed in the bath water) and gently inserted it into her vagina. As I continued to lick her, I started to gently pump the dildo into and out of her pussy. I made sure to vary the angle slightly so that she would get the maximum joy from what was being done. It only took a few minutes of this before Susan had the first of several violent orgasms. She finally said: "Let me trade places with you."

I moved up on the edge of the tub and Susan asked: "Have you ever thought of shaving the hair around, and on, your cock and balls". I indicated that the idea had crossed my mind. With a coquettish grin she reached over to the edge of the tub and retrieved a razor, soap, shaving gel, and a washcloth. She started by slowly and thoroughly washing my crotch, paying special attention to my nuts. I was in heaven.

She then spread the shaving lotion all over the hair that was to be removed. For the next ten to twenty minutes she thoroughly shaved that area. The feelings were exciting and led me to feel like I needed release. Susan put the shaving stuff away and started to kiss my scrotum. She would gently suck one of my balls into her mouth and tug on it with her teeth. Then she would do the same for the other ball. She then took both of my balls into her mouth and gently tugged on them. It felt wonderful!

Then it happened. She started to kiss and lick the end of my dick. I got harder than I think I have ever been before, and then she took it up a notch by taking the head of my cock into her mouth and started to suck it while licking the super tender skin on the underside of my cock's head. All this time she had been playing with my balls with her free hand. I was loosing it! I told her to finish the job with her hands, since I was ready to cum. She just shook her head no while continuing to do what she was doing. I lost it. I have never had a more intense orgasm in my life. She didn't "deep throat" me. I don't think I missed out on much. As the eruptions stopped I got down into the tub again and we kissed, long and hard.

We decided to enjoy the steam shower. Half an hour later we had dried off and gotten into bed.

"I want to lick your pussy again! I love its smell and taste."

"O.K. but I also want to please you again. Let's do this as a sixty-nine."

"Fine with me."

I rolled over on my back and she positioned herself on top of me with her pussy lips just about directly on my mouth. In turn, she reached down and started to fondle my balls while she started to kiss and lick my cock. As she did this I had started to lick her beautiful pussy. I had brought in the dildo and had moved it under my back to warm it up. As we both started to get "into" this wonderful mutual stimulation I placed the dildo in her vaginal opening while I started to concentrate on her clit.

We were under less pressure than last time. I know that in "stories" the guy keeps getting it up and climaxing time after time during the night. I must not be at all like them, because twice in one night is about all I can handle.

I had never experienced this much physical pleasure in my life. I was so happy that I could share this joy with someone I was committed to "love and cherish" for the rest of my life.

When we became too exhausted to continue she cuddled in my arms and we drifted off to a wonderful deep sleep.

*****************************