Unexpected Attraction

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Stella and I started to go after him, but Stella turned and made me stay. She caught up with my father in the hallway and put her hand on his shoulder, but he turned away from her. She pulled him back and was speaking earnestly to him, then put her hand on his cheek and stroked it gently, until he wrapped his arms around her, quaking with huge sobs as she patted him on the back.

When he composed himself they came back together, arms around each other, their eyes glistening with tears. He took his grandson back from me and kissed him on the forehead. Looking over at Mary he mouthed, "Thank you," as her eyes brimmed with tears.

We all sat quietly for a few moments, until my mother stood up and took my father's hand.

"Come on, Grandpa, let's go home, let the kids get some rest."

As he stood up, he seemed confused as to whether or not he should come over to us. I just stood, walked over to him and gave him a big hug.

"Don't worry about it, Dad, there'll be plenty of time," and walked him out the door, before returning to Mary and Stella.

"Are you okay, Babe?" I asked Stella. "Just what did you say to him?"

"Just that I understood. That I wouldn't deny that his words hurt me, but that I admired his courage in admitting his weakness, that I forgave him and was proud to call him. 'Dad.'"

Now it was my turn to cry as I pulled Stella close as Mary also wiped away a tear.

Epilog:

We've just celebrated our thirtieth wedding anniversary.

Mary never did marry, but has truly become part of our extended family.

Morris and Helen always seemed more like siblings than cousins, and when they were old enough they were told the story of their birth and their shared birthday. If anything it brought them even closer, and it's rare for one of them to be at a family event without the other.

I was sitting on the lawn glider with my arm around Stella as Mary rode herd on the grandchildren.

Stella looked a little pensive.

"What's on your mind, Babe?" I asked. "No regrets, I hope?"

"Regrets? How could I possibly have any regrets? Before I met you I never dreamed that I would ever have a real family. Now, look around this yard. Could anyone ask for a better, more loving family? No, if I have any 'regrets,' it's that I didn't meet you sooner."

With a satisfied sigh, she placed her head on my shoulder, and I could only nod and smile in agreement.

I imagine some medical experts may take issue with how I treated the Gender Reassignment Surgery. I took some literary license to keep it simple, as I don't believe that the precise medical details are pertinent to the story.