All Comments on 'Unforgettable Fire: 10 Years After'

by Nanaya

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
EroticLitKittyEroticLitKittyalmost 8 years ago
Wonderful story!

Thanks for the forewarning about English not being your first language. The main critique that I can offer is what seems to be confusing the use of 'in' and 'on' with a few mild typos, but nothing that truly detracts from the story. The character development is going very well, and I'm anxious to see where it goes from here. Great job!

ale1975ale1975almost 8 years ago
Wonderful

Very interesting start. Lovely story building, I caught a few errors but nothing that took away from the storytelling. I am looking forward to the next chapter

gretsch_boygretsch_boyalmost 8 years ago
Confusing

A nice story. It was rather confusing, however.

1. Why was it put under the "Interracial" category?

2. It starts out with Pt 02 yet there wasn't any Pt 01.

3. Pt 03 "The Present" should have been Pt 04 "10 Years After" and vice versa to keep the tale chronologically correct. (For some reason, I thought "10 Years After" would be 10 years after the Present. That could have been just me.)

4. Lastly, there were only 24 hours difference between the "Present" and "10 Ten After".

But again, it was a nice story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
In answer to @gretsch_boy!

@gretsch_boy: It's interracial because Hero is black and Finn is white. I could understand your confusion as to which part came out first but if you'd paid attention to the description/date it was submitted you wouldn't be so confused because it's pretty self-explanatory. Sorry if this came off harsh!

gretsch_boygretsch_boyalmost 8 years ago
Anonymous

No Problem. Thanks.

NanayaNanayaalmost 8 years agoAuthor
The author tries to explain herself (She's a bad explainer, though).

I understand your confusion, @gretsch_boy, and I apologize for it. Let me try and explain myself.

This here is part one. Sorry I didn’t actually write PART 1, but I though it be made clear the story started here when the next chapters (actually called Part 2 and Part 3) came out.

I just wanted to be dramatic, really.

I wanted to create this environment full of memories and little hints and teasers to make everyone wonder “What happened there?” and get curious enough to read the next parts.

In part 1, this part, they already know each other well, so I didn’t make it clear he was white, she was black, because the explanations and little details would come later with parts 2 and 3.

Since I was such a tease in this part 1, I thought it was only fair to make the next chapter about the past (which is why part 2 is called ten years ago) to explain why things were so tense between them when they met again, ten years after they last saw each other. So part 2 is a 10 year jump into the past.

And part 3 is what immediately follows part one. 24 hours later. You’re right.

I dwelled on the title of part 3 for awhile.

Yes. Part 3 is still, technically, ten years after, just like part 1. But I didn’t want to call it, Part 3: Ten Years After: Part 2! So I just called it “The Present” because it represents their opportunity to try and fix things after all that time they were apart.

Did I made it clearer?

Sorry if it was even more confusing!

VegasloverVegasloverabout 6 years ago

I need more of this story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago

I know right!!! And I read it before. Can't get enough of it.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous