University Adventures Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

'Charlie!' She cupped her boobs with her hands and hissed angrily. 'Get inside!'

'Seriously, after all I've been through and you're shy?' Charlie just smirked and stooped down to join her inside, letting the flap fall back down. 'I feel so much better now, thank god for civilised amenities like hot water.' She let her towel fall and bunch around her waist as she too searched for her nightwear, and soon both girls were back outside, sitting comfortable with their hoods up and blankets wrapped around their knees.

'You know what, I think they might be done.' They assembled their burgers and clinked their cider bottles together, then sat munching contentedly as they watched their fellow holiday goers enjoying their dinners in the great outdoors.

'Ok I'll give it to you Holls,' Charlie said, reaching for another cider. 'This bit of camping I can get behind, this is nice.'

'Told you.' Enjoy it while you can, thought Holly, if you thought today was bad just wait until tomorrow, when you find out why we actually came here... Many drinks later and the girls were ready for bed. Night had fallen and only the red glow from the barbecue's coals faintly illuminated them as they folded their chairs away and put them in the car boot. Charlie poured the dregs of her bottle onto the embers to fully extinguish them and they sleepily climbed into the tent, zipping themselves in. They stuffed their coats into a corner and then slid into their sleeping bags before falling asleep, Charlie spooning Holly for warmth as they quickly drifted off.

*****

Holly was woken early by the call of the morning birds and she had to force herself not to go back to sleep. Instead she groggily sat up and wiped her eyes, disturbing Charlie.

'Mmm... what time is it?'

'Seven,' Holly yawned. 'Don't get up.' Charlie didn't need a second invitation and she rolled back over, pulling her blanket over her head. Holly slipped on her trainers and stumbled into the sunlight, surprised to see that there were already a few people up and about, heading off to the showers with towels over their shoulder or perching outside their tents brewing coffee on a stove. Holly however had a different task to fulfil, and she went to the car to put her plan into action. Ten minutes later she was done and she returned to lie back down next to her friend, who still hadn't moved a muscle.

After a lie in Holly woke a second time, and both girls got up and made breakfast. Once more they ate sitting in their chairs surveying the campsite as it bustled with activity.

'So are you down for the hill climb today?' Holly had her map on her lap and had planned out their route for the afternoon.

'How long was it again?' Charlie leant over to look.

'So it's twenty miles, so more than yesterday.'

'Mmm, ok...'

'But you go up these hills here, to this secret lake-'

'Before you suggest it I am not going skinny dipping in some lake, I've had enough of water for one weekend.'

'I wasn't going to, I just meant it's supposed to be really beautiful there, and because it's so high up there's like a little waterfall, and amazing views.'

'Hmm, fine. So what, hike there, eat lunch at this lake, hike back?'

'Yeah, I think so. Then if we have time when we get back we could go visit the local village or something, but by then it will probably be time to pack up and drive home.'

'Ok cool, let's get ready.' Once again they got changed, one at a time to avoid falling over each other, and after locking their valuables in the car they put on their small backpacks and set off. This route began in the opposite direction to yesterday's, so first they had to walk the length of the campsite to an exit on the other side. The first mile was along the country road that led to the small hamlet that Holly had mentioned earlier, and then round the back of the parish church there was a small footpath which wound up towards the hills.

They passed one couple on the outskirts of the village, then one more on the bridleway, but after that they were all alone. It was a lot sunnier than the day before and after a while both of their coats were wrapped around their waists, voluntarily this time. The countryside was as idyllic as ever, and at one point they passed the same stream that had caused them so much hassle previously, where Holly cheekily nudged Charlie towards the water which caused a lot of swearing. Five miles in and they went through another thick forest, then once they were through they began the long climb up hill, weaving along the rocky path as they ascended. The incline had them panting and they had to take several breaks to catch their breath.

'I see now why it's a secret lake,' whinged Charlie, downing a bottle of water. 'No one can over be bothered to come and see if it's real.'

After over three hours in total they were finally trudging up the last few meters of the trail, and to be fair the destination was worth the effort.

'Oh wow.' Almost hidden in an alcove around the side of the hill perched a small natural lake, fed into by a natural spring at one end. It looked as if it had been carved perfectly out of the grey stones that formed its borders, and on the far side it was trickling off the cliff face, forming a modest waterfall. 'This is so cute.'

'And look at the view.' Charlie walked over to the edge and looked down. 'Hey look, this must be the source of the stream. Is that the village?'

Holly joined her and together they surveyed the landscape that sprawled out beneath them. Indeed it was, you could see the woods they'd passed through earlier, the miles of fields and then just visible in the far distance were the points of some rooftops. 'Yeah I think so. Damn, we walked a long way.'

'We really did. So, food?' The girls got out their picnic and sat facing the view as they ate. Holly briefly dipped her toes in the lake but soon put her shoes back on, even she was a bit done with getting wet now. Once their lunch hit their stomachs they both settled down on the warm rocks to rest, using their bags as pillows. After half an hour Holly was beginning to get restless, as she wondered if what she was about to do was genius or suicide. She decided only time would tell, so she rolled over sideways to look at her friend.

'Charlie.'

'Mmm.'

'I've got a fun idea. To make the walk back more exciting, since we've already seen everything there is to see.'

'Oh yeah?'

'A game of chicken.'

Charlie snorted. 'You know who you're challenging, right? Whatever it is, I'll win.'

'Well that's part of the fun, who knows.'

'What is it then, what's the game?'

'So one rule, winner takes all.'

'Yeah.'

'See who can last the longest on the way back...'

'Right...'

'With no clothes on.'

'What?' Charlie sat up on her elbows and frowned at Holly. 'Have you gone mad?'

'Come on, it will be fun! Your walk back yesterday gave me the idea,' she lied. 'So we've seen what, two other groups on the way here? And every time we've seen them from far enough away to cover up, if we needed to, like yesterday. So we put out things in the bags, walk back, then when we see someone the person who waits longest to get dressed is the winner.'

Charlie settled back down and shut her eyes. 'You have gone mad.'

Holly got up and sat next to her friend, shaking her legs gently. 'Charlie think, this time tomorrow we'll be back working from home, bored out of our minds, wishing we were anywhere else. Here we're free, it's a beautiful day, and we have the chance to do something crazy and daring, and it will be so fun! You know it will, imagine how far we could get.'

'Holly it's insane, you can't walk down a public footpath without any clothes.'

'You can if no one is around.'

'But people are around!'

'But that's the point of the game!'

Charlie sighed. 'You know what, knock yourself out, play your stupid game. But play it by yourself.'

Holly tutted and turned away, then played her trump card. 'Fine, if you're too scared.'

'Hey,' the response from Charlie was immediate. 'I am not scared, it's just an absurd idea.'

'I don't think so. I'm up for it, but you're not, that's just the way it is.'

Charlie just waved her hand dismissively. 'Sure you are mate. You're all talk, it's a pointless argument, it's not happening.'

'Oh really?' Holly grinned and stood up, swiftly taking off her t-shirt and shorts and letting them drop to the floor, standing naked with her hands on her hips in front of the slightly offput Charlie.

'So, you playing?'

'Nah, you're just bluffing.' Without a moment's hesitation Holly stripped off her underwear and stood smiling down at her friend, arms held out wide triumphantly, daring her to look.

'What about now?'

Charlie was lost for words. Up until now it had been her who was the main instigator in their exhibitionist adventures, but now Holly was showing a level of mischief and boldness that even she was stunned by. The only thing that came close to matching her surprise was her completely excessive level of competitiveness. 'So, are you still too scared, or do you want to play?'

'Fuck you.' Charlie's mouth responded as if detached from the rest of her body, but deep down she knew she couldn't back down. Holly watched with satisfaction as her soon to be rival reached for the bottom of her long sleeve top. She knew that by appearing confident and in control she should be able to manipulate Charlie into trying to beat her. But in truth she felt absolutely ridiculous and so very exposed, standing brazenly in the nude in front of her, on top of a hill with the wind blowing across her skin. Charlie was less enthusiastically undressing but soon she too slid off her panties and stood awkwardly rubbing her shoulder, resisting the natural instinct to cover up. 'So... now what?'

'Ok so put your stuff in your bag.'

'Ok...' Charlie tried to ignore her pounding heart as she stuffed her clothes inside, hiding them away for god knows how long, until they came across a stranger she guessed. She looked over at Holly who had done the same, and was zipping up the final pocket. 'Now?'

'Great, now -- oh my god!' Holly looked past Charlie with a look of abject horror, clamping her hands over her body as she dropped down hugging herself. Charlie didn't even turn to look, she just squealed and ran back around the rocky outcrop, cowering down against the cliff and curling into a ball. It had been a ludicrous idea and already she'd been made to regret it, they'd been caught immediately!

But then Holly sauntered round the path, holding both the bags in one hand and holding her tummy with the other as she laughed heartily. 'Ahhh I knew you were still scared. That was way too easy.'

Charlie rose to her feet, furious that she'd been so convincingly tricked. 'Oh yeah? Well we'll see who's actually scared when it really matters.' She was now determined to win, no matter how last minute she had to leave it she would make sure Holly reached for her clothes before she did. 'So, are you ready? I am.'

'Sure, one more thing though.' Holly looked over the edge of the waterfall, then in one sweeping motion she launched the bags up into the air, watching them arc away down into the ravine below. There was a pause, then the sound of a loud splash as they hit the water and began to float downstream. 'Right,' Holly dusted off her hands and smiled. 'Let's go!'

Charlie moved to the side of the ledge and watched in shock as for the second time in two days her clothes were suddenly taken from her, never to be seen again.

'Holly...' she whispered, her voice shaking. 'What did you just do...'

*****

Five minutes later and they were finally on the move. It was safe to say that Charlie was not best pleased with Holly's actions, and she took quite some persuading to start the walk back to their tent. However, after her initial anger and panic she had come to realise that there was no alternative, they had no other form of escape, and the sooner they got going the sooner they'd make it home.

'Come on slow poke.' This time it was Holly's turn to lead from the front and she scampered down the hill, one arm holding her breasts as they jiggled violently with each heavy footstep, and the other waving wildly to her side as she struggled to keep her balance. Charlie followed close behind in a similar manner, quietly seething.

'Do you even know the fucking way after this bit? You threw the damn map away too.'

'Yeah yeah, I made sure I remembered it.'

'And that was a nice jacket too, you're buying me a new one.'

'I told you yes, I will replace everything. I'm sorry, I didn't want to lose all our stuff but I knew you wouldn't commit to this otherwise.'

'Of course I wouldn't you psychopath, who on earth would voluntarily do this?'

'Oh come on though Charlie, it's an adventure! And tell me, have you ever felt more alive in your life than you do right now?' Holly was ignored but she suspected she was right. Over nine miles of nude hiking to get back to their clothes? In the countryside, in the middle of the day? There was nothing she'd rather be doing, and her body was responding to the thrill, she felt incredible. 'Also is it just me or does wearing boots make the rest of you feel even more naked? Like a constant reminder that you're not wearing anything else? I sort of want to take them off too, to get the complete experience, but these stones would destroy my feet.'

'I think they just make us look even more ridiculous than we already do.'

'Rubbish, we look hot as hell.' A few hundred meters more down the hill was a gate, and as Holly was about to spring over it she glanced ahead and saw a group of people in the far distance, making their way up to them. 'Umm, Charlie.'

'What?'

'Walkers.'

'Shit.'

Holly climbed down again and the pair looked around. The small stone wall that blocked their path wouldn't provide any cover, and the only promising looking hiding place was a large fallen tree that lay to the side of the trail.

'I think we should hide behind that, if we make a run for it down the hill they'll probably see us from behind, and then we might actually get lost.'

'Holly for god's sake, it's right next to the path. They'll pass a few meters away from us.'

'You got any better ideas?' Charlie didn't, and so soon she was sitting hugging her knees with her back to the tree as Holly knelt next to her, peering over it to see when the hikers showed up. 'They must be going to the lake too.'

'The one you said no one else would be going to, so we wouldn't meet anyone else.'

'Shh. They're here, get down.' The first member of the group had reached the gate, and as they heard it creak under their weight Holly ducked back hidden from sight, gesturing at Charlie to bow her head. They listened nervously as three more people climbed over the wall, then made their way towards their position. The quartet were chatting cheerfully, and they could clearly make out their words.

'So is this the last stretch?' A woman's voice.

'Yes, not long to go now. One moment guys, I've got a stone in my shoe.'

Holly's eyes flashed wide with alarm as one of the men's footsteps approached their spot, and she unceremoniously shoved Charlie to the right, making her lie down on her side to get her further away from view. She then had to lie awkwardly across her, trying to ignore the feeling of her friend's hot naked skin against hers, as she pressed herself down into the ground as much as she could. Both their hearts stopped as the man sat down on the tree trunk, causing it to shift slightly under him.

'Quick water break guys?' Charlie groaned quietly as bags were unpacked and bottles were passed about, and Holly risked one quick peek up above them, and could see the back of a head. They were less than a meter away from him, this was insane.

'There we go, got it. Ok everyone, ready for the final push?' Finally the group got up and moved away, and after counting to twenty Holly got up Charlie and once again peered over the bark to watch them walking off up the way they had come.

'Ok, think we should wait until they're completely out of sight?'

'Fuck that, this is already taking way too long.' Charlie burst out from her cover and jogged over to the gate, leaping over it athletically in one go. Holly laughed at her bravado and followed suite, and they quickly ran down the path out of sight just in case any of the others turned around for any reason.

An hour later and things were somehow going smoothly. They were safely off the hill and back into the forest where they'd agreed not to walk on the main trail but parallel to it instead, as in the densely packed trees it would be harder to see people as far in advance as before. Charlie had been slowly warming up to the situation, she hadn't admitted it yet but she was ridiculously turned on by now too, and the friends giggled and shrieked at every unexpected snap of a branch or call of a bird. The going was slightly tougher as they had to clamber over logs and rocks, forging their own route through the woods, but they were still making decent progress.

'So how long have you wanted to do something like this?' Charlie threw a twig at Holly's butt playfully.

'Oh I don't know, I guess since we started messing around? Like doing stuff in public at home is fun, but insanely risky. I really wanted to go somewhere quiet, and where we didn't know anyone.'

'You don't think this is risky?'

'Well yeah but ninety percent of the time not really, it's just us walking through nature as god intended, which I've never done before, and personally I think it feels lovely.'

'But then why not just try out a naturist resort or something, or a nude beach?'

Holly grinned. 'Because those are full of wrinkly old men, and it sounds bad but when everyone is naked then it's no fun. People seeing my body isn't the stimulating thing, people being shocked and judging me for exposing my body is. That's why this is so fun, we're the only nude ones and it's not allowed! That's the excitement, the danger of being caught.'

Charlie rolled her eyes, but annoyingly she knew that she agreed with every word. They weren't nudists, despite appearances, they were thrill seeking exhibitionists, adrenaline junkies, risk takers. They were also reaching the edge of the forest, and she was slowly starting to believe that they could actually pull this off. Or maybe not.

'Ahh!' Charlie cried out in shock as a large black labrador burst out from the bushes, leaping over the ferns and bounding straight towards her. 'No, shoo, shoo!' Normally she loved dogs and would happily offer a friendly stroke, but right now this was not ideal. 'Get off!' Unfortunately this was an incredibly sociable dog, and it pawed at her bare leg whilst trying to lick her hand, slobbering everywhere. 'Eww, no.'

'Sapphire! Come back now, this way.' A woman's shrill voice came from the direction of the path.

'Charlie come on, what if she comes looking for it.' Holly looked on incredulously at the ridiculous sight of her friend bent over trying to shove the stupidly named animal away from her, whilst it kept begging for attention.

'It won't get off!' Charlie gave up and watched Sapphire begin to nibble at her boot's laces, then began to panic as they heard it's owner begin to stomp through the shrubbery towards them.

'Charlie!'

In a moment of inspiration she looked down at the ground and spied a large stick, which she prised out of the dirt and then waved about the dog's nose enthusiastically. 'Ready Sapphire, ready?' she whispered, twirling it in the air. 'Go fetch!' She launched it into the air, back towards the main trail, and thankfully the dog turned and shot after it, barking with excitement.

'Let's go!' Without looking back Holly led the way as they fled, streaking through the trees until they reached the edge of the woods, and picked up the footpath once more. 'I can't believe it was a dumb dog that nearly got us caught!'