All Comments on 'Unrequited Ch. 03'

by city_bird

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
i love

I really like the story so far.

I'm a sucker for a unrequited love XD

can't wait until the next chapter

prostock69prostock69over 12 years ago

You are a fantastic story teller. Love this!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Chill with all the dramatics

I don't understand why these guys are sooo dramatic. It's actually pretty annoying. Try giving your characters some backbone.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago

Unlike the previous anon I happen to enjoy the drama, keep being an amazing writer. :)

sm1982sm1982over 9 years ago
Loved this chapter!

This has been the best chapter so far because Thom is still in mourning of his relationship with Julian and he shouldn't have been expected to move on so suddenly. It wasn't like his love for Julian or distance in their relationship had them drifting apart. No, it was being cheated on. Unfortunately, Thom never knew about Caleb's feelings for him and because Caleb was in love with him, they had sex even though it shouldn't have been for that reason. I'm glad Caleb asked to meet one year later. All he has bedn thinking about is Thom, Thom, Thom while his love life, giving another man a chance, or just to have friends with benefits took a back seat to the dream of Thom being his one day. I mean, how long would his feelings for Thom have continued if Thom hadn't caught Julian cheating on him?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
WAY too much drama

This chapter was just too extreme! Previously, I said Thom was the blind asshole and he clearly is both. He was blind to Julian (called Jackson in Ch 2) denying him affection and love (the relationship clearly had been deteriorating for awhile), to Julian’s capacity to cheat on him, to Caleb’s deep desire for him, and to his own feelings (he only took a few hours to realize that all the signs were there and he was romantically and physically attracted to Caleb). But above all else - and this is not a small insignificant thing - he selfishly used his best friend (whether Caleb had platonic feelings or not) for a despair fuck. He kissed and then fucked Caleb -thinking about Julian - in an unforgivable self-centered and cruel way. That was monsterous of him and now he will suffer.

But Caleb is broken - he is damaged beyond immediate repair. His distress over Thom’s treatment of him, his realization that Thom didn’t love him, his drunken encounter with Elliott (using him -although it didn’t go this far - in the same way he had been used by Thom), and finally how Thom’s admission that he still loved Julian which split Caleb open driving him to the self-destructive behavior of pleading for a pity fuck. He needs time and some serious therapy. Thom should get credit for respecting Caleb’s advances and refusing him. That would have been so much worse.

All of this culminated by the impetuous demand to stay out of each other’s lives for a full year was just too much drama to be entertaining, IMO. So much could happen in a year and that was a silly, unwise, and emotionally-broken reaction. It’s all just too sad.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous