Unrequited Love

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

We got in the car and they told me to sit in the front with Tommy so Jessica could be next to Will. They hadn't taken him out of the house much and every time he fell asleep. That was the plan for this trip. She said he was a pretty good baby, but when he started crying it took a long time for him to stop. Tommy drove us to a Sports Bar and as planned, Will fell asleep. The car seat that I bought for them was great, because it detached from the base and she could carry the top portion inside the restaurant without having to take the baby out.

Tommy and I sat next to each other in the booth while Jess sat with the baby across from us. I tried to stop myself from staring, but she was so beautiful it was hard to look away. I reminded myself that she was my friend and that I was sitting next to her husband, who I could see becoming friends with. We had a nice meal and learned a lot about each other. I was surprised at how much Tommy and I had in common. He was a huge Yankees fan and loved movies. The two of us were talking so much that Jessica was feeling left out.

"When I invited my buddy to come visit I had no idea he would be in an instant bromance with my Husband," Jess said, laughing.

"Aw, is the pretty girl upset she's not getting enough attention?" I teased her.

"Don't worry Babe," Tommy said, "We can all be friends. I can't believe you didn't tell me he likes the Yankees. You know I don't have any friends that root for them."

"Sorry!" She said, sarcastically. "We only talk about Notre Dame Football!"

"Speaking of which, Jess tells me you've never been to a game," he said.

"Yeah, I've always wanted to go," I said.

"Well you have to come back during football season and we'll all go together," he said.

"That would be awesome. I'm just about to get a huge bonus at work, so I'll even treat!" I said.

"See Babe," she said, to Tommy, "I told you he was cool!"

We all laughed. We had a nice meal and drove to the bookstore. I was right, they had so many more things that I couldn't get anywhere else. I stocked up on t-shirts, a hoodie and a new hat. I bought Will a Stuffed Notre Dame Leprechaun that he loved immediately.

Tommy drove us back to the house and we said our goodbyes. I told them I had to focus on work for the rest of my trip, but we would definitely schedule that football game. Jess kissed me on the cheek again and Tommy and I exchanged numbers.

BACK HOME

I had a successful trip, both with work and personally. I had made two new friends and I was going back to go to a Notre Dame game with them! I got praised by my boss and I got my bonus. Unfortunately that came with more work, but I didn't mind. I didn't have much time for anything but work, so I hadn't spoken to Jessica or Tommy since I got back.

About two weeks later my phone dinged with a text from Tommy. It was the first time he had reached out to me and it was about the Yankees. We texted back and forth a bit about baseball. I told him I got my bonus and I would send him dates I could come out so they could check their schedules for the football game.

Jessica continued to tweet and I continued to interact with her online, even though I had her number in my phone. I mainly texted with Tommy and we settled on a game six weeks away. I told him it's very hard to get 3 tickets together so I was going to buy 4 and have a friend tag along. He said that was no problem and I told him I would text him when I had the tickets confirmed.

I was always good at finding tickets and was able to score a good deal on Club Seats for the date we picked. I texted Tommy a Gif of the Notre Dame Leprechaun with a message that said 'Can't Wait!' He didn't reply right away which was normal, but once a couple days went by I started to wonder if something was going on.

A week had gone by with no response and when I checked online there weren't any Tweets from Jessica either, so I texted her.

Me: Hi, just checking in. Everything ok?

An hour went by and my phone rang. It was Jessica.

"Hello," I answered.

She was breathing heavy and managed to get out a "Hi."

I could tell something was very wrong and said, "Jess, what's going on?"

She started sobbing and said, "I thought you knew."

"Knew what?" I asked.

"Tommy was killed by a drunk driver," she said in between tears.

"What? Holy Shit!" I screamed. "I can't believe it. Are you ok? Will?"

Trying to hold it together she said, "He was by himself in the car, so we weren't there. Will's too little to realize what happened. As for me I think you can figure that out for yourself."

"I'm so sorry Jess," I said, "Is there anything I can do?"

"We're ok," she said, "The funeral was three days ago and my phone has finally stopped ringing."

"I don't know what to say Jess," I said, "What an awful thing to happen. I am so sorry. Seriously, anything I can do for you..."

"I'll be ok once I stop crying and get some rest," she said, sounding more normal.

"Of course, don't let me keep you. I'll be here if you need me," I said.

"Wait, don't hang up," she said. "You're the first normal voice I've heard all week. Everyone else is so doom and gloom."

"Of course, I'm happy to talk to you as long as you need," I said.

"I was going through his texts and saw you got the tickets," she said.

"Yeah, but don't worry about that. I can put them on Stubhub and we can reschedule," I said.

"No!' Don't do that!" She said.

"You sure?" I asked.

"What do you want me to do? Sit here and stare at the wall? I could use a distraction," She said.

"Ok, if that's what you want," I said.

"Yes please," she said, "I see you got 4 tickets, why don't you sell 2 and we'll go together."

"That works," I said. "And if you change you mind, just let me know."

"Don't worry, I won't. He would have wanted me to have fun," she said, getting emotional again.

"Oh sweetie," I said, trying to comfort her.

"I'll be ok," she said.

"Listen, go get some rest and please call or text anytime," I said.

"Thanks," she said, "I'll talk to you soon."

I hung up the phone and sat silently for a while. What a tragedy. To lose his life because of some scumbag who should have called a cab. Now his newborn son is without a father and Jessica is a widow. What a fucked up situation. I felt so sorry for them and wished I lived closer so I could help.

I hadn't heard from her in a week so I texted to check in. She said she was doing a little better and her Mom had been very helpful with Will. She also said the game was the one thing she was looking forward to and she was excited to see me.

BACK TO INDIANA

I picked another work trip that coincided with the weekend of the game. My boss was happy I wanted to go back to Indiana because of my success last time. I had a good flight and drove to my hotel. It was the same routine as last time. I texted Jess that I had to work Thursday and Friday, but would be available all weekend. The game was at 3:30pm Saturday afternoon, so she suggested I come over for Lunch at noon. We could hang out at the house and play with Will until it was time to leave for the game.

I pulled up in front of her house just like last time. It looked exactly the same. She had kept up with the landscaping and I commented to myself that it was an awful big house for two people. She opened the door and had a sad look on her face like she was about to cry. I wrapped my arms around her and gave her a big hug, and kissing her on her cheek. Once we finished our embrace she had a little smile on her face.

"Hey stranger," she said.

"Hi Sweetheart," I said, "I'm so happy to see you again."

"Me too," she said, leading me to the sofa.

I sat down and asked, "Doing ok?"

"Yeah, I'm a little better. I just get random crying fits from time to time," she said.

I hugged her again and said, "I'm so sorry Jess. It will take some time. My suggestion would be to squeeze that beautiful little boy anytime you feel sad."

"I like that idea," she said.

"Speaking of which, where is my little buddy?" I asked.

"Down for his nap, but you'll hear him screaming soon," she said, laughing.

We had lunch and hung out on the couch. It was nice to see her smiling and I was happy to provide a distraction. Will was fun to play with and he was crawling all over the place. 2pm came quickly and it was time to leave for the game. Her Mom was going to babysit and she showed up right on time. Jess opened the door and introduced me to her Mom.

"Nice to meet you," I said.

"Isn't he handsome," her Mom said. "You sure know how to pick them."

"Mom!" Jess yelled, feeling embarrassed. "He's my friend."

"Whatever you say honey," her Mom said. "Have fun you two."

"Thanks Mom," Jess said, "We should be back by 8:30pm and remember, no Ice Cream!"

Jess kissed her Mom goodbye and we got in my rental car to go to the game.

We picked a great game to go to. Notre Dame was 14 point underdogs at Home to Ohio State but they won anyway. We were both having a great time and Jess was smiling and cheering. I was thrilled I was able to make her happy after all she's gone through over the last month and a half. She was very chummy at the game, bumping me with her hips, sitting close together in our seats and when we won, she leaned over and pecked me on the lips. She caught me by surprise and I think she surprised herself too. We gave each other a look and started laughing.

We got back to her house and sent her Mom home. Will was sleeping and Jess said he should sleep through the night. She said it was early and I was welcome to stay and watch some TV with her instead of going back to my hotel alone. I sat on the couch and she opened a bottle of wine. I wasn't a huge wine guy, but I wasn't complaining. We flipped through the channels and saw that True Romance was starting. For those who haven't seen it, this wasn't a Hallmark movie. It was one of Quentin Tarantino's first movies and it was action packed. I commented that I was surprised she liked movies like this and she reminded me Tommy was a huge movie guy and had turned her on to films like this.

As we watched the movie I noticed she was inching closer to me on the couch. About halfway through, she had moved so close that her legs were touching mine. I had buried my feelings for her. I was content to be her friend and more importantly I was friends with her now late husband. I was conflicted for sure. Did she want me to make a move? Did I want to? I wasn't sure what to do, so I did nothing. I sat there watching the movie, drinking my wine, while basically snuggling with her on the couch.

The movie ended with the big shootout scene and Christian Slater and Patricia Arquette getting away. As the last lines were spoken 'You're so cool!', Jess reached over to rub my thigh. She caught me off guard and I flinched.

"You're so cool too!" She said.

I was stunned at what was happening so I just said, "Thanks, you are too."

She rubbed my leg a bit more and was getting close to my crotch. She said, "Thanks so much for today, I really needed that."

Her hand was now touching my dick through my shorts and it was starting to harden. "Um, Jess..." I said, not knowing what else to do.

"What? Don't you think I'm pretty?" She asked, batting her eyelids.

"Yeah, I think you're one of the most beautiful women in the world, but..." I said.

"But what?" She interrupted.

"You've been through a lot recently and I don't want to do anything to ruin our friendship," I said, trying to be a good guy.

She started to rub harder and said, "I'm a big girl, don't worry."

She leaned over and pecked me on my lips. As a reflex I opened my mouth and we started making out on the couch as she was rubbing my dick. When I started talking to Jessica online I knew she was the one, my soul mate, and now I finally had my chance. My dream had come true and I felt...guilty. She was a great kisser and I was enjoying it, until my brain told me we had to stop and talk. I moved back a bit and she took the hint.

"Jess, hold on," I said.

"What? I was really enjoying that," she said.

"Me too, but don't you think we should talk first?" I asked.

"Ok, if you want to be a girl about it," she said, giggling.

I laughed and said, "There's the Jess I know. Seriously though, are you sure you want to do this?"

"I know it's barely been two months, but I feel like it's been forever since I've been touched. Everyone looks at me with sad eyes and feels sorry for me. You've made me feel happier today that I have been this entire time. Plus I see the way you look at me," she replied.

"You do?" I asked.

"Yeah, I can see you staring into my eyes and checking out my boobs and my legs. Even from the last time you were here," she said.

"Really? Jess you know I didn't mean to..." I said, before she cut me off.

"Don't get all nervous, I'm used to guys looking at me. That's what happens when I'm, what did you call me, the most beautiful woman in the world," she said, winking.

"I think I said, one of the most," I said, giggling.

She punched me in the arm and said, "You know what I mean! You have this beautiful woman throwing herself at you and you want to make jokes?"

"I just wanted to be the nice guy," I said.

"If you weren't a nice guy would I be doing this?" she asked.

She put her hand behind my head and pulled me towards her lips. We started making out again, and this time I didn't feel guilty. Her hand went back to my crotch and my hand went to her chest. I was finally touching those spectacular breasts, even though it was through her shirt and her bra. We continued rubbing and kissing until we were rudely interrupted. It's hard to be mad at a baby who doesn't know any better, but I was very disappointed. Will had woken up and he was screaming at the top of his lungs. We both got up to check on him.

Will was lying on his back, crying non stop. Jess picked him up and that didn't help. We looked at the clock and it was almost midnight. Jess was going to try to feed him and put him back to sleep. I offered to stay and help, but she said it was late and she wasn't sure how long it would take. I was upset our night was ending so abruptly, but baby comes first. She told me to check in with her in the morning and she would cook dinner tomorrow night. We kissed goodbye on the lips and I drove back to my hotel.

I had a good night's sleep and was awakened by a ding on my phone. I smiled as I reached over to see the text from Jess. I was upset to see it was a message from my boss to call him immediately. I called and he said he knew it was Sunday, but there were major problems at the local office. Since I was the Senior Manager in the area, I had to go check it out. He apologized to me and told me that I could take an extra week's vacation time as compensation. I agreed and got up to get ready.

I thought about texting Jess the bad news, but wanted to hear her voice. On the way to the office I called her from the car.

"Hi," she answered, cheerfully.

"Hey," I said back.

"I had a great time yesterday," she said.

"I did too," I said.

"Sounds like you're in the car. Are you on the way over?" She asked.

"Bad news," I said, "My boss called and there's some major problem at the office. I have to go there first."

"Oh no," she said. "On a Sunday?"

"That's what I said, but apparently they need a Senior Manager and that's me. He did say he'd give me an extra week of vacation this year though," I said.

"Think you'll be long?" She asked.

"I hope not, but there's no way I'm missing dinner. They can fire me if it comes to that!" I said, half joking.

"Well don't do that," she said.

"I'm just messing around. I'll text you when I'm on my way," I said.

We hung up and I headed to the office. Apparently the dopes forgot to leave the AC on in the server room and everything overheated and shut down. Computers were not my expertise, but I was good enough at diagnosing problems. The tech guy for the branch was on vacation for the weekend and I was the best choice to fix the problem. The company couldn't go the whole day with the system being down.

I knew I would be the only one in the office so I wore a short sleeved button down and a pair of shorts. That turned out to be a great idea, because the office was like a furnace. It took over two hours with the AC running to get the office to comfortable temperature where I could even attempt to turn on the servers. I was updating my boss and he kept apologizing for making me go in on a Sunday. I told him it was fine and didn't say I could have been spending time with a smoking hot woman. I was making my way up in the company and this would certainly help. If things progressed with Jessica that week off would certainly be better than the half a day I'm missing. By the time everything was up and running again it was 4pm.

I texted Jess that I was on my way over. I thought about driving back to the hotel to shower, but I was too excited to see her. I pulled up to the front of her house and made the familiar stroll up her walkway. I rang the bell and was greeted by an amazing sight. Jess was all decked out, a short black dress that showed tons of cleavage and her long legs. She had done her makeup and put in false eyelashes.

"Damn girl!" I said, surprised.

"You like?" She asked and did a twirl.

"Yeah! I thought you were cooking. Are we going out instead?" I asked.

"No I'm cooking," she said.

"I feel a little underdressed," I said.

"You're fine. It's been forever since I had a chance to dress up for someone. I kinda missed it," she said.

"Well you look spectacular!" I said.

"Thanks," she said, "Now will you come inside already!"

She led me into the kitchen where she had already started preparing dinner. I sat down and she brought me a beer. Will started to cry in his crib and she asked me if I minded checking on him. I went into his room and he smiled when he saw me. It made me feel good that he recognized me. I picked him up and I could tell he had a wet diaper.

"Um Jess," I yelled, "He needs a diaper change."

"Can you handle it?" She asked. "I can't leave the kitchen right now."

"I've never done that before," I said.

"It's not rocket science, you can figure it out," she yelled.

"Ok," I said.

I struggled my way through my first diaper change and brought him into the kitchen. He squealed when he saw her and she came over to kiss him on the forehead. I put him in his swing and he rocked along while his Mom made dinner and I watched. Jess was an amazing cook and I was only a little upset that she had an apron covering her rocking body in that tiny black dress. We had a great meal and put Will to sleep together. We ended up back on the couch watching TV, almost in the same situation as last night.

We found a movie to watch, but I wasn't really interested in watching TV. She had basically given me the green light last night and if Will hadn't interrupted, who knows what would have happened. Tonight I was the aggressor. I scooted close to her so our bodies were touching. I put my hand on her chin and titled her face towards mine. I gazed into her beautiful Blue Eyes and she gave me a slight nod. I leaned in and kissed her deeply. We made out for a few minutes and then I began to rub her breasts. She was moaning into my mouth in pleasure as I reached her nipples. I felt her nipples get hard through the material of her dress and I could tell she wasn't wearing a bra.

We were kissing pretty heavily and I knew she was enjoying it. I moved my hand down to her legs and reached the hem of her short dress. I moved my fingers slowly up her thigh and she was panting. I reached the center of her legs and felt some moisture. She wasn't wearing panties either! She was soaking wet and I smiled, well as much as one can smile with her tongue in my mouth, knowing I had made her that way. I pressed the tip of my finger at her entrance and she stopped kissing me for a second to say "Yes!"