Unspoken Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He would slow his pace when he felt me tensing. He watched my eyes and pushed deep inside me, grinding his mound against my sensitive bulb. I lost it at that point and cringed with pleasure. I cried out as he thrust fast again, prolonging the ecstasy. A few seconds later, he gasped and pushed deep inside me, shaking from his own rush of pleasure. He lost his rhythm as spasms tightened his groin again and again. I groaned as he flooded me with his warmth. He was panting when he finally melted against me to rest. I chuckled and squeezed him tight. I loved how he smelled after sweaty lovemaking.

We cuddled as we discussed breakfast. I would ask questions, and Sky would nod or shake his head as we decided what to make. We almost always decided on toast and eggs, but sometimes cornbread and ham made the cut. When we had it, of course.

We got up early the next morning to prepare for our journey to the Cherokee settlement. The weather was good as we packed our extra clothes and weapons into Daisy's saddlebags. We didn't know how many days we would stay with Rain and Eagle in their shared hut. Native family structure was confusing to me. The way Rain described it, their tribe lived with their chosen family as much as their blood relatives. There were traditional mother and father families with young children. Older families sometimes split up with the fathers living with their sons and mothers living with their daughters. The goal was to maintain tribal health and harmony. Sometimes sisters shared a husband, and sometimes brothers shared wives. Some men had more than one wife, and some women had more than one husband. That information compounded my anxiety about visiting the settlement, but it also intrigued me.

Eagle, Rain, Ayita, and Wolf were a close-knit family, and they considered Sky and me part of their family. Eagle showered Rain and Ayita with affection. Rain was obviously his favorite sister, but he sometimes hugged and kissed Ayita just as sweetly. I was shocked when I first noticed him doing it at the cabin. I had assumed Ayita and Wolf were a couple. They often acted like it, and they were closest in age. Wolf was nineteen-winters old, and Ayita was twenty-winters old. Rain wasn't jealous or surprised by Eagle's shared affection with her sister. She laughed at my wide-eyed stare and asked me what was wrong. I asked if she was jealous, and the concept seemed ridiculous to her. Then she explained the polygamous nature of their tribal families. Sharing was caring among their people. The natives didn't have material wealth or big houses to protect them during hard times. They needed their family and tribe for survival. Close relationships made their smaller family units stronger and more enjoyable. Rain was happy to see her sister and Eagle happy. That relationship benefited everyone. It would be hurtful if they stopped showing each other affection.

Puffy snowflakes were falling as we entered the Cherokee settlement. The primitive village was nestled between two mountains at the beginning of a pristine river valley. Numerous thatched huts surrounded a small field and a large council house at the heart of the village. The east side of the village went all the way down to the river. Patches of snow-covered rocks stood like white islands between the rushing rapids. Many natives came forward to greet Sky and me with, "Osiyo, Sky. Osiyo, Snow." We graciously returned their greetings. I noticed some of the younger men pointing at me and making Wolf's favorite sign for me, but my embarrassment was short-lived. I watched in amazement as Sky spoke to the Cherokee with his hands. Some of the motions I recognized. I noticed him mentioning the strange rider we saw at the cabin. Some of the younger natives nodded with troubled looks about their brows. They signed to him that they were keeping watch in all directions. Sky thanked them before we made our way north to Rain and Eagle's hut.

Wolf and Ayita were the first to hurry outside and greet us. Ayita hugged Sky and me as Wolf collected our things from Daisy's saddlebags and carried them into the hut. We followed Wolf inside to warm up. The heat and scents surprised me. It smelled like roasted pumpkin and cornbread. The single-room hut was almost as spacious as Sky's cabin. It was a twenty by twenty foot square at the bottom that rose up into a conical ceiling. The framework of the roof was visible under the thatching. It looked like river cane and saplings tied together with vines. The top of the cone had a small hole for ventilation. Directly below the hole was a fire pit. It was encircled with river stones that collected heat like an oven. The air inside was a little smokey from the open fire but perfectly comfortable otherwise. Each corner held a sizable fur-covered bed that was raised off the ground by a rough wooden frame. The design resembled Sky's cabin bed. One of the beds had a deer-skin curtain in front of it for privacy. Rain and Eagle were kneeling on a large fur rug by the fire pit. A clay bowl of pumpkin and corn soup was bubbling over the fire while a flat loaf of cornbread was baking on a hot stone beside it.

"Osiyo, Snow and Sky. Welcome to my and Ayita's home," Rain declared as she stood and hugged each of our necks.

"Thank you, Rain. This is your and Ayita's home? It's not Eagle and Wolf's home, too?" I asked in confusion.

"Eagle and Wolf live in our home as companions and will soon be our spouses. My sister and I built this 'asi' five winters ago. It is ours. This settlement belongs to the Anigatogewi Clan or the Wild Potato Clan of our mother. Eagle, Wolf, and Sky are from the Anigilohi Clan or the Long Hair Clan. Their settlement is downriver."

Suddenly, Ayita excitedly began speaking to her sister in their native tongue as she motioned to Sky and me. Rain smiled and nodded at whatever her beautiful sister was saying. Eagle and Wolf were chuckling for some reason. I glanced at Sky to see him blushing in the glow of the fire. His big gray eyes had widened as Ayita finished her conversation and hugged her sister. Then she ran out of the hut.

"What was that about?" I ventured.

"Ayita will speak to our clan mother about adopting you into our clan, Snow. Then you will be our sister. One's clan is one's blood. Eagle and Wolf are Sky's brothers since they are Anigilohi. We do not marry within our clan for that reason. If you are our sister, you can rightfully marry Sky when we marry his brothers."

My mouth dropped open at how fast our friendly native visit had become an adoption and a potential marriage. Don't get me wrong, I wanted to marry Aimon Sky, but he hadn't even asked me yet. Things were moving way too fast for me.

"I... uh... um... Sky, what are your thoughts on this?" I gulped, turning to him for support.

He took a deep breath and motioned for Rain, Eagle, and Wolf to give us a moment of privacy. He retrieved the writing tray from our pile of things and sat down with me on one of the empty beds in the back corner.

"I think it's wonderful. You're getting a new family that will love and protect you. Don't you want that?" he wrote.

"I do. I just... I don't know anything about tribal life. I also haven't given much thought to marriage. Have you?" I whispered.

"Yes, I have," he wrote without hesitation.

He set the tray down and cradled my face between his hands, then he kissed me. I forgot why I was upset as his tongue caressed mine and his fingers trailed into my hair. He pulled away a few seconds later and searched my eyes. Then he climbed off the bed and knelt on one knee in front of me. My heart did a funny thump against my ribs when I realized what he was doing. He slowly mouthed the words as he motioned their meaning with his hands.

"Will you marry me, Haley Snow?" he asked.

Tears of joy blurred my vision a second later. I felt completely overwhelmed as I slid off the bed and into his arms.

"Yes, Aimon Sky. I will marry you," I wept in delight.

He let out a breathy laugh, then I squeezed the air out of him, making him cough.

"Wait a minute. You knew this would happen if I came here, didn't you?" I demanded as I drew away from him.

He gave me a guilty nod, and I burst out laughing at him. He was too clever for his own good sometimes. He motioned for me to sit on the bed with him again so we could converse more. He picked up the tray and wiped it clean.

"Snow, if anything happens to me, you'll have a good family here," he wrote.

I looked at him in surprise after that. I didn't like plans that involved us being apart. It made me question why he thought that might happen. There was always more to his plans, just like in his chess games. He was often four steps ahead of me, but taking care of me was almost always his end game.

"Why would that ever happen?" I asked.

He took a deep breath and touched his scarred throat, then he quickly wrote another message.

"Hiding treasure is a good idea sometimes."

I sighed and shook my head at him. He was being cryptic.

"Well, this treasure has two legs and will come looking for you if you go missing," I warned.

He smiled and laughed at my answer.

"I love you, Haley Snow," he wrote.

"I love you too, Aimon Sky."

He set the tray down and touched my neck with his warm hands. He pulled our foreheads together and took a deep breath. I think he was smelling my breath. I could smell his too, and I loved it.

"Sky, I thought of a sign that I wanted to show you."

I held up my right hand and made a fist. I brought it to my heart for a second, then I brought it to my lips and kissed it.

"It means you're my treasure, and I will always hold you close to my heart."

He smiled and repeated the new sign, then he pulled me close and kissed me breathless. A minute later, Ayita returned and beckoned for everyone to follow her. It was time to meet Clan Mother Kamama (Butterfly). Kamama's hut was nearly twice as long as Rain and Ayita's, and it was buzzing with activity. Many women and young children lived with their clan mother. The children were gathered around the elderly woman as she drew on the ground with a stick. Kamama shooed the children away when she noticed us enter.

"Osiyo, Snow. Osiyo, Sky," she announced as she beckoned us forward.

Her voice was deep and gentle. Sky took my hand and led me over to the rug where the children had been sitting. He bowed in greeting, and I did the same, then he helped me sit down. Getting up and down from the ground was difficult with my injury, but I could do it with a little help. Eagle and Rain sat on each side of us as Kamama began speaking. Eagle translated, allowing me to answer her questions about my relationship with Sky and how we found each other. Kamama was as proud as she was stoic. Her long gray hair was braided over each shoulder. Her deer-skin shawl was covered in a spectacular mosaic of colored beads. She explained to me what it meant to be Cherokee and a member of the Wild Potato Clan. Her clan's ancestors were keepers of the land and reaped its many blessings. Her bloodline was considered the most fertile and produced the most beautiful daughters and sons. That was evident in Rain and Ayita. She ended her speech by welcoming me into her family and clan. The adoption was complete and surprisingly simple. She said she would speak to the clan priest before approving Sky's and my participation in the marriage ceremony the following day.

We returned to Rain and Ayita's hut for a delicious supper of pumpkin soup, cornbread, and venison. Then we played games and told stories for the next hour. The men left the hut later that night to prepare for a traditional bachelor dance on the settlement stomping ground. When the drums began, it was time for the rest of the settlement to gather in the field to watch. My heart thumped a little faster when the drums began in the distance. Rain and Ayita quickly pulled on their shawls. They helped me dress in my leather coat before we stepped out of the hut into the snowy night.

The first thing I saw was a massive fire in the field before the council house. It lit up the entire yard around it. Shirtless Cherokee men were standing in a large circle around it. Sky was also shirtless, standing between Eagle and Wolf. Their skin had been painted in elaborate red and black patterns.

"Why are they half-naked in the snow?" I whispered to Rain.

"To show their strength and impress the spirits."

We joined the surrounding audience, being sure to stand with the largest group since it was our clan. Every settlement had a mix of clans living together, and every clan was expected to group together during special events. The distinction was important since it determined who could rightfully marry and have children.

All at once, the chief began singing, sending the men stomping around the fire in a hypnotic rhythm. Cherokee women began shaking turtle shells full of stones in sync with the drumming and stomping, and it was mesmerizing. The shadows danced with the men, flickering and shifting over the snow like excited spirits. Sky had obviously done the dance before. He didn't miss a step as he moved between Eagle and Wolf. My skin felt warm as I admired his handsome figure. It was strange seeing half-naked men participating in something so wild and beautiful. I felt privileged to be a witness. The next hour was filled with dances and games. The most exciting game was played with branches and a leather ball. A little basket on the end of the branch was used to catch and throw the leather ball to a teammate. I could barely follow the action in the flickering light of the fire. After Sky's team won two out of three games, the celebration was brought to a close by a prayer from the clan priest.

We were laughing and in high spirits as we returned to the hut. The men were actually sweaty after the exciting stick-ball game in the snow. Rain and Ayita brought a clay pitcher of water and some thick-cotton washcloths to the rug in front of the fire. I watched as Rain began washing the red and black paint off Eagle's face and chest. Ayita did the same for Wolf, so I retrieved a cloth and began washing Sky. He smiled and blushed as I scrubbed his face and neck. It was something we had never done before. Aimon Sky had washed and cared for me when I was recovering from the worst of my injuries, but I never had the opportunity to do it for him. At the cabin, he would strip and do a quick wash before joining me in bed every night. He was a man of habit most of the time.

"Rain, what will tomorrow's ceremony be like?" I asked.

"Like this evening's, but we will ignite and join our fires with the sacred fire before the stomp dance and feast."

"Our fires?"

"I'll explain," Eagle volunteered. "Each person taking part in the ceremony will have their own woodpile to ignite around the larger sacred fire. The wood is collected from seven different kinds of trees since our tribe consists of seven Cherokee clans. We must light and maintain our own fires before combining them with our intended's fire. At that time, we offer prayers to the creator and burn herbs and corn in our smaller fires. Once our combined fires are burning strong, we work together to push them into the sacred fire, completing the ceremony."

"Oh, that doesn't sound too difficult. When will we know if the priest approved of my and Sky's union?"

"At sunrise, our priest will read the root signs he is preparing now. Clan tree roots are dug up and placed together when two tribe members want to marry. The roots are left alone for a time. Sunrise will reveal if they have recoiled from each other or remain close in harmony. If harmony is detected, the wedding is encouraged."

My brow creased at that explanation, causing a chuckle from Sky.

"That's interesting," I nodded.

I rinsed my washcloth and went to work scrubbing Sky's sides to remove the last of the paint. He shuddered when I tickled him, and that gave me an idea. He gasped when I attacked his sides with tickles like my Grandma Rene used to do to me as a child. I was laughing at him before he grabbed my arms and wrestled me down on the rug. Then he pulled up my leather shirt and blew on my belly, making a terrible noise and tickling me wildly. I shrieked with laughter. I tried to push his head away, but he restrained my arms and did it again. Eagle, Wolf, Rain, and Ayita were bent with laughter at our childish display. Then Ayita shoved Wolf down on the rug and blew on his stomach, causing him to squirm with laughter. Eagle intercepted Rain's sneak attack. He pulled her into his lap and tickled her sides as she struggled to get away from him.

"Stop, Sky! I can't breathe!" I laughed.

He blew on my stomach one last time before he climbed over me and pinned my arms down. We were both panting as we stared at each other, smiling. Then a soft groan from Wolf caught my and Sky's attention. We looked over to see Ayita straddling Wolf's pelvis. She was grinning like a fox as she rolled her hips, rubbing him through his clothes with her crotch.

"Ayita, Waya, don't play and fall asleep on the floor. Go to bed. Tomorrow is a big day," Rain scolded, making the younger couple laugh.

They drew away from each other to finish cleaning up, and we did the same. Sky and I wished everyone a good night's sleep before discreetly undressing and climbing into our bed in the corner. Our bed was the only one with a privacy curtain. The native couples weren't discreet or ashamed as they revealed their naked bodies to the firelight before climbing into bed. It was warm enough to sleep without a blanket in the hut. The fire and stones kept it toasty. I cuddled close to Sky as he wrapped his arm around me. I knew he was tired after dancing and playing stick-ball in the snow. He drifted off in less than a minute, but I was too anxious about my new surroundings and our future marriage ceremony to rest. I was also getting extra sweaty. I gently nudged Sky, and he rolled over so we could both cool down. I listened to his soft snoring, wishing I could fall asleep as easily as he did.

I closed my eyes and focused on sleep, but my mind wouldn't settle down. A few minutes later, a soft groan caught my attention. I knew who it was before I peeked through the hole in the curtain. The head of my and Sky's bed was against the same wall as Wolf and Ayita's bed, giving me a clear view of them through a little hole in our deer-skin curtain. The fire was still bright enough to illuminate the corners of the hut. I gasped softly at the erotic scene on the opposite bed. Wolf was propped on his elbows with a sleepy expression on his face as he watched Ayita taking his cock deep into her mouth. I had never thought of pleasuring a man with my mouth before. Wolf reached over and ran his fingers into Ayita's beautiful dark hair as she bobbed her head up and down, stroking his meat with her lips and tongue. He groaned and shifted his legs as she made him hotter and hotter.

I grew wet between my legs as I watched Wolf struggling with the pleasure. I suddenly understood why he watched Sky and me making love in the cabin a few weeks back. Watching someone being pleasured was extremely arousing. I didn't feel bad about peeking at Wolf since he shamelessly peeked at me. I watched as he dropped his head back and gently thrust into Ayita's mouth. He was panting with excitement. His chest and arm muscles were tense with pleasure under his clay-colored skin. Ayita was massaging his stomach with her hands as she took his cock deep into her throat. Her tits were bouncing against his thighs as she moved.

Before I knew it, my fingers found their way to the little sensitive bulb at the front of my opening. I massaged it curiously, trying to relieve the horny ache, but I only made it worse. I was soaked between my legs. I curiously slid my fingers over my swollen, wet lips. The sensation caused my inner muscles to tighten with want, so I sank my fingers into my slippery warmth. I had to stifle a groan as I fingered myself. My inner muscles were clutching at my digits as I pushed them deeper. I squeezed my thighs together, increasing the delicious pressure against my crotch. I kept my eyes on Wolf as he tangled his fingers into Ayita's hair and used it to slow her bobbing. She gripped the base of his cock and stroked it along with her sucking. Wolf suddenly tensed and gasped as he thrust deeper into her mouth. He let out a sensual groan as his body shook again and again. Ayita groaned as she struggled to swallow what he gave her. Her mouth was small, and she couldn't handle all of it. A thick white drop escaped the corner of her mouth and dripped down Wolf's shaft as she continued to suck him.