Until I Found You

Story Info
Love and passion rekindled after loss.
5.3k words
4.54
6.2k
7
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
K155
K155
37 Followers

Karaoke Entry: Until I found you by Stephen Sanchez

*

Katy climbed onto the coach, scanning the faces for Tracy. She found her and headed down the aisle to her friend. She stowed her bag overhead and sat down.

"How excited are you?" Tracy asked, clutching her friend's arm.

"Excited, you must be joking, this is beyond lame!"

They, along with 18 of their colleagues, were on their way to a country estate for a charity event; a masquerade ball.

"Oh yeah a night at a swanky estate and a great excuse to get dolled up, what could be lamer?" Tracy replied laughing.

"Ok ok, not all lame, but a masked ball, even you have to admit that's pretty lame?" Katy replied.

"I have a really good feeling about it, I think you might get lucky tonight!" She said with a wink.

"That's not the kind of luck I'm interested in Trace, remove your mind from the gutter please!"

"Listen it's been two years Katy, it's time to get back out there." Tracy said, giving her friend's knee a gentle squeeze but she knew when to drop it.

It had, in fact, been two years and six weeks but Katy wasn't going to prolong the conversation by mentioning that. She was sick of everyone trying to get her "back on the market", she had absolutely no interest in meeting anyone. Besides, nothing put the kibosh on a bit of flirting than admitting she was a widow. She had just turned forty and hadn't imagined her life turning out the way it had, but she had found her own quiet rhythm.

Katy sat at the dressing table in her room, she was putting the finishing touches to her make-up when there was a knock on the door. She opened it to find Tracy standing in all her beautiful masked glory holding two cocktails.

"Hot damn Katy you look amazing, that dress is giving!" She said, handing over the cocktail. "I can't even tell you how fab it is, are you almost ready?"

"Yeah come on in, I'll be five minutes." Katy replied. "Is it really packed?"

"Yeah there are hundreds of people, everyone is all dressed to the nines, and the place looks amazing! We are gonna have the best night!" Tracy said as she sipped at her cocktail.

The two friends entered the ballroom together.

"Wow! It's absolutely beautiful!" Katy exclaimed in spite of herself as she scanned the beautiful ballroom. The large round tables were adorned with candelabra and beautiful foliage and flowers. The room was lit exclusively by candlelight and the tables were dispersed around a beautiful big dancefloor with a small orchestra.

"Isn't it. Let's find our table." Tracy replied.

Katy was awed by the whole scene, everyone looked incredible, ladies in beautiful gowns and ornate masks and the men in tails, all masked. The shadows cast by the candlelight made for a dramatic effect and despite her earlier ambivalence, the atmosphere won her over.

It was safe to say that Katy had kept a low profile since John's death. She had gently refused the well-meaning offers from friends for nights out, trips and set-ups. It had been a long time since she had felt so good and it surprised her how good the beautiful silver grey gown felt, how beautiful she felt. Her blonde hair, teased into loose curls and pinned in a half-up half down with the front parts falling down around her face. Her mask covered most of the make-up she had painstakingly applied but the red lipstick was the perfect contrast to her otherwise monochromatic look.

At the table the team were in fine fettle, the drinks were flowing and the laughter was coming easy. Katy was sitting with a group of seven, she felt totally at ease.

"Let's talk about the one that got away. I'll start, she was stunning, but when we met, she had just separated from her first long-term boyfriend and I was coming to the end with my first wife. It's been years and I still wonder what would have happened. Who's next?" Chris said excitedly but the buoyant mood instantly shifted, with a few sharp looks exchanged.

"For fuck sake Chris!" Tracy said, with an almost imperceptible nod towards Katy.

"Jesus!" Katy said, almost choking on frustration. "Can we not moderate every single conversation for me, please! Everyone has stories, me included, not everything boils down to a dead husband!"

"Ok then Katy, who's the one that got away?" Tracy said tentatively.

"I was twenty five, working in a hotel and I met one of our guests on a night out, Jack. He was handsome, tall, funny and ‌absolutely dynamite in the sack. We had a blast, great vibes, loads of fun but he lived in England, he had just split from his wife and had two kids to think of. We kept in touch, hooked up when we found ourselves nearby. He still gets in touch from time to time..." She trailed off. "But yeah, who's next?"

Katy was glad of the mask at that moment, and as the others regaled the group about their own near misses, she tried hard to regulate her breathing. She hated that people felt like they had to pussy-foot around her. She gazed around the room, taking in the scene and trying to get back into the spirit of the night.

The dinner passed by; the food was delicious and during it Katy relaxed again and started to enjoy the evening. People were beginning to dance and she was enjoying watching the night unfold. "I'm going to the bar, need a drink?" She said leaning in to Tracy.

"No hon, I'm good!"

As she reached the bar a man caught her eye. He was leaning back on the bar, looking around the room. He was considerably taller than her own five feet ten inches, even in heels. His silver hair and salt and pepper beard were neatly groomed, his mask was quite plain, mostly back with small silver strands. She ordered a drink and leaned on the bar, she glanced over at the tall man, noticing that he had turned his body and was facing her, looking very directly at her. His eyes were the lightest shade of blue, glasslike and almost familiar.He took a step closer and smiled.

"Hello." Katy said with a smile. His smile fell away and a frown crossed his face, he then turned on his heel and walked off. "Charmed, I'm sure." She muttered to herself, thinking how strange the encounter had been.

Back at the table she struggled to shake off the uneasy feeling. Her mind reeled, did he think she was coming on to him, did he think she was unattractive... "Bastard!" She said to herself, deciding that she would give him the stink-eye if she saw him again but hoping that she wouldn't.

"Hey, will you come to the bathroom with me?" Tracy asked.

"Sure." She replied, getting to her feet.

In the bathroom, she studied her reflection. The dress - a floor length silver gown with a delicate beaded pattern that accentuated her curves - looked incredible on her. She touched up her lipstick and stood back to assess herself. Yes, she looked good, elegant, beautiful even. As the two friends made her way back to the ballroom, someone grabbed Katy's arm from behind, she turned to find the rude man from the bar towering over her.

"Would you dance with me?" He asked, leaning in so she could hear him over the music.

"No, thank you." She replied curtly as he let go of her arm.

"Please?" He whispered, holding a hand out to her.

She wanted to say no, but she put her hand out and he took it, engulfing it in his own huge hand and leading her without another word towards the dancefloor. She allowed herself to be led, though she felt uncomfortable; holding hands with someone felt unnecessarily intimate. She could see Tracy watching approvingly.

As they reached the dancefloor the song changed, it was much slower. He put his free hand on her waist and pulled her closer, gliding his hand to the small of her back, pulling her closer still. He stood a head taller than her, her face was close enough to his neck she was sure he could feel her breath on it. Her cheeks flushed at the proximity to him.

"I would never fall in love again until I found her

I said, "I would never fall unless it's you I fall into..."

It had been a long time since she had been in someone's arms, to feel the heat of a body pressed to her own. She took a slow, deep breath, inhaling him as she did; a heady mix of soap, his natural musk and a cologne that she recognised but couldn't name. It startled her to realise how aroused she was. He leaned down, bringing his chin to her temple, breathing her in, causing her arousal to grow.

"... pulled me in, I asked to

Love her once again

You fell, I caught you

I'll never let you go again..."

She closed her eyes and surrendered to the moment, to the feelings.

"I've imagined this many times." He said in almost a whisper, just as the last bars of the song were fading out. She snapped out of her daze and looked up at him, stepping back a half step, his arms loosened around her but still held her waist. She studied him, his bearded chin, his eyes - the way he was looking at her, like he knew her. He leaned in and kissed her softly on the lips.

"What the hell..." She gasped, bringing her fingertips to her lips. Tears welled in her eyes and she walked off, leaving him ashen and holding a hand out to where she had been standing.

She went outside, as the tears spilled down her cheeks, she had not kissed a man other than her husband in many years. Sobs ripped through her as a tsunami of guilt washed over. She had enjoyed it, she had enjoyed being in the arms of another man, she had breathed him in, his masculine scent was familiar and enchanting. The feel of his big arms around her, his skin on her skin, she had enjoyed it. The kiss, as brief as it was, she had wanted more and she felt utterly broken with guilt. She took off her mask, and wiped her eyes - her night was over.

Katy made her way across the foyer of the hotel towards the lifts, he was there, sat on a chair, elbows on his knees, hunched over with his face in his hands. She strode past and pressed the button to summon the lift. The tears once again welled in her eyes, the lift door opened and she stepped inside, tears rolling down her cheeks. She turned to face the door and as it was closing, he lifted his head and looked right at her. Her breath caught in her throat, lips parted to speak but nothing came out, he was making long strides towards her but as he neared the lift doors closed.

Jack.

She was rooted to the spot, but turned to the buttons, scrambling to open the door. The lift lurched to life and within a few seconds she was on the fourth floor. She didn't know what to do, her mind raced and she could hear her heartbeat thundered in her ears. She stabbed at the button for the ground floor repeatedly until the doors closed and the lift began its descent. Her stomach churned, she fiddled with the straps of her dress and bit her lip. As the lift door opened she scanned the foyer, he wasn't there. "Shit!" She exclaimed. "Shit. Shit. Shit!"

She stepped into the foyer, looking around and trying to decide what to do. Had he gone back inside? She looked over to where he was sitting and realised his mask was on the floor by the chair he had been on. She walked across the atrium and sat down in the seat, leaning over to pick up his mask, her mind reeling.

"Katy!" He was running towards her out of breath. She stood, suddenly very unsure of the whole situation. He grabbed her hand as he reached her, and looked into her eyes, panting and breathless from running. They just stood like that for a few moments, gazing at each other.

"I took the stairs trying to catch the lift." He panted.

"Jack." she whispered finally. He pulled her into him, wrapping his arms tightly around her, he buried his face in her hair.

"I thought you knew it was me." He whispered.

"I didn't" she replied. "It's been awhile, hey?" She said with a laugh, their eyes met and both of them laughed.

"We should go somewhere a little quieter so we can talk." He said, taking her hand, "We've got a lot to catch up on."

"I have a bottle of red in my room." She replied, hoping it wasn't too intimate a suggestion.

"Lead the way."

They didn't speak in the lift, but stole glances at each other, he kept her hand in his and blushed when she caught him looking at her. She smiled seeing his cheeks redden; he was much less cocky than he had been years earlier.

At the door, he held her at the waist as she rummaged in her bag for the key and leaned in to inhale her, almost making contact with her neck as he did. Inside the room, he stood near her as she poured two glasses of wine, watching her intently. As she moved to hand him the wine, he reached out, taking both glasses and setting them aside. He stepped forward, pulled her waist towards him and leaned down, putting his lips softly to hers. Her hands moved from his chest, up his neck and wrapped around him, and her lips parted slightly before returning his kiss.

"Let's sit down." He whispered, breaking the kiss. He lifted the two glasses of wine and brought them over to the sofa, gesturing for her to follow him.

"What are you even doing here?" She asked, taking the glass he held out for her.

"Katy I sent you a message weeks ago telling you I was in the country, I thought when you didn't reply that you weren't interested in meeting up." He replied.

"I didn't get it, where did you send it?"

"On Facebook. I've been mortified about it for weeks. That's why I was shocked when I first saw you." A slight frown crossed his face.

"That explains it, I logged out of it months ago, people kept tagging me in inspirational widow posts." She explained. "It was doing my head in!"

"Ah, that does explain it. I'm really sorry, you know, about John." His voice trembled a little‌. "I've wanted to call... I just didn't know... I know I always asked if you were single yet, I thought if I'd reached out, you'd have thought that's what I was doing. I'm sorry."

"I absolutely would have thought that!" She laughed. "So you're here for this event, then? Long way to go for a night out!"

"No, I've been here for two weeks, I'll be staying on and off for a few months. My company has a couple of huge contracts here." He replied, leaning in, he whispered, "I'm staying in the hotel where we met."

"It was such a shock, in the lift, when I realised it was you..." She trailed off. "You probably think I'm mad, running off like that after a quick peck on the lips."

"I thought I'd blown it, pushed it too far. Your reaction was entirely understandable." He put a hand to her upper arm and gave it a gentle squeeze. "While we are on the subject... Well, I want you to know that I've been kicking myself for years for not trying harder to make it work with you. I know you might not be ready, but I'd like us to get to know each other again, I'd like to take you out. I don't care how long it takes..." She put a hand to his cheek and leaned in close, she held his stare and kissed him softly.

"Ok." she whispered, he wrapped his arms around her tightly, kissing her cheek and neck, pulling her into his lap.

She woke up squinting, the sunlight poured through the drapes which had been left open. She climbed out of bed and walked to the window, pulling the heavy drapes closed, before returning to the warmth of the bed. His arms reached for her instantly, pulling her close to him, he kissed the top of her head. It surprised her how easy it felt, how natural, she kissed his chest through his t-shirt, drank in his smell and closed her eyes listening to the soft rise and fall of his sleepy breath.

She ran her hand along his arm, savouring the soft heat of his skin. Then she let her fingers trail across his chest, she wanted to feel his skin. She reached under his t-shirt and let her hands caress his stomach and chest, she felt the sharp intake of breath he took when she skimmed across his stomach. His hand cautiously slid up under her t-shirt and grazed the small of her back, she gasped at the sensation. He turned on his side and kissed her deeply and she felt his hardness against her, she tensed up.

"I'm sorry." He whispered as he pulled back from her.

"No Jack, I'm sorry. She replied, "I'm ok." She pulled him back to her.

"I will wait for as long as you need."

She slipped her hand under the waistband of his shorts and ran it down the hard length of him but he took a hold of her wrist and removed it from his shorts.

"Not until it's both of us." He said firmly.

Over the next two weeks they spent a lot of time together, he slept in her bed, made dinner in her kitchen, took her out; but never once touched her sexually. Her desire for him was growing every day, his patience touched her in ways he wouldn't.

They spent a lazy Sunday together, they worked side-by-side on dinner, enjoying the making it as much as eating it. After dinner, they cuddled together on the sofa. "Katy, I have to go back to England tomorrow."

"Oh." She replied, her shoulders dropped, "Well, we knew this would happen, hey?"

"It's only for a couple of days." He added, the words rushing out before she could say anymore. "Shit's hit the fan on one of the other sites and I need to sort it out. I'll be three days max, but if I can get back quicker, I will." He was relieved to see a smile stretch back across her lips.

Twenty four hours later, she lay in bed alone and restless. She had been chiding herself for hours for pining, for missing him. She missed his smell, the feel of his skin on her and the soft low tone of his voice. She thought of him kissing her, remembering the feel of his hard cock pressed against her, her hand slipped between her legs and into her knickers. She imagined his lips on her neck and chest as she pushed a finger through her folds, rubbing up and down her wet sex. She gasped as her finger found her clit, she rubbed it fast, desperate for release, she pushed a finger inside herself, using her thumb on her clit with every thrust. Her breaths were ragged and loud and she was getting close. The sound of her phone ringing ripped through the room.

"I hope I didn't wake you, I couldn't sleep." His low gravelly voice did nothing to soothe the urgent need in her.

"No, you didn't, I can't either." She replied breathlessly.

"Why are you out of breath, were you running?" He asked, and her cheeks reddened.

"Uh no, not running." She replied in an almost whisper.

"Oh, Ohhhh." He said. "And what were you thinking of?"

"Uhm... I was thinking of you kissing me, feeling you hard against me, wishing you had taken my bed before you left." Her voice was breathy and full of lust.

"I would have, if I'd known you wanted me to."

"I hadn't realised how much I wanted you to, till you weren't here." She answered in a breathy whisper. "What would you have done with me, in bed?"

"I'd have slipped your dress off and kissed every part of your body, I'd let my hands roam all over you, I'd slip the straps of your bra down and kiss your boobs. I'd help you pull my shirt off and pull you close enough to feel your skin on mine." His breathing was getting faster.

"I'd kiss my way down your body, and as I pulled off your knickers I would graze your clit with my tongue. Then I'd kiss your thighs ..." Her fingers slipped back into her knickers as she listened to his sultry words.

"Just when I think you can't take any more, I'd kiss my way between your legs, I'd touch you, slide my fingers inside you. I'd suck and lick your clit..." She moaned as his words and a shuddering orgasm washed over her. She was breathless and spent.

"Turn your camera on, I want to see your face." He said in a commanding tone. She turned on her side, and turned on the camera. "You're all flushed." he laughed.

"I think it's your turn now." She replied.

"No, not yet Katy." He replied in a calm assured tone. "I just wanted to see you, I've missed you."

They talked until she fell asleep and when she woke in the dim morning sunlight; he was still there.

K155
K155
37 Followers
12