All Comments on 'Uranus Is a Lonely Place'

by rockchaser

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Holy shit balls, this was incredible. Brilliant story and great character development. I loved it! And I learned a lot about Uranus confirming details in your story. I'm a big fan of The Martian and hard sci-fi so this was a blast for me.

rockchaserrockchaserover 5 years agoAuthor

Thank you for your kind words! I chase after realism in my settings, because that's what I need to believe my own story. And there's such an embarrassment of information today: with planetarium software and detailed images from Voyager, it's easy enough to get the sense I've actually been there. That seems to be a major perk of being a writer. I'm sure I made errors and I did cheat a little for dramatic effect (Messina Chasma is generally like the Grand Canyon, much wider than it is deep—but maybe there's a spot like I described).

This whole story popped into my head almost fully formed, just a few weeks ago. As is probably evident, it could be the set-up for a recurring series. Not the style I expected to write, but all the more fun to be surprised by your own stories.

BangbangLaDeshBangbangLaDeshover 5 years ago
Oh good..

No monoliths or monkeys there at the end. I was so expecting his demise....

Uranus shines rays of hope? Excellent read! What an ODDyssey.

MrsHutchSwingMrsHutchSwingover 3 years ago
Such creativity!

This story blew my mind! It took me a long time to understand the foreign elements of this story, and then the ending... Blew my mind!

FbjsFbjsover 2 years ago

Beautiful story, not many that do sci-fi this well

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userrockchaser@rockchaser
Update [12/30/2019]: Life intervened, and my writing slowed to a crawl. But things are picking up again. Finishing up a few shorter stories, and I'll upload them in the next week. Larger projects proceeding apace, but not near completion: * third book in "The Strangeness Withi...