Vaid Empire: Conquest Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Manith rotated to face Clin's companion, ducking under his sword and driving his spear through the man's groin with a bloodthirsty roar.

As the warrior fell in blood curdling screams, Clin brought his blade downwards, though not fast enough to avoid being batted to the side as Manith turned quickly towards his final combatant. With a thrust of his wings, he sent a gust of wind strong enough to knock Clin off balance before shooting his muscled leg hard into the blonde man's armored chest.

Clin fell to the floor, knocking the breath from his lungs. Wearily, he gazed up at the Lanthian, willing himself to move just enough to avoid becoming skewered by the Chief's vicious weapon. He then hacked wildly at the spear, crudely removing several of the fingers from Manith's left hand.

Gritting his teeth in agony, the Lanthian staggered back as he clutched at his missing appendages, nearly unaware as yet another hut collapsed in flames behind him.

Knowing that he may not receive another opportunity, Clin jumped to his feet and frantically slashed at his foe, tearing into the Chief's exceedingly tattered wings as he desperately attempted to defend himself.

Though not nearly as capable wielding his spear with only one hand, Manith jabbed his weapon forwards, opening a large slit across Clin's left cheek. Yet the attack proved to be insufficient, as the blonde man drove his hilt into the Lanthian's face, brutally knocking him unconscious.

Breathing hard and bleeding badly from his wound, Clin stood over Manith as the Chief collapsed to the floor. He allowed his sword to lower, pointed towards the reddish dirt.

"Gods...you fought well..." He muttered to the fallen Lanthian, attempting to calm himself. Yet even gazing at the slain humans, he knew that he wouldn't harm an unarmed foe, even if Dominax hadn't given the command to take him alive.

With the leader of their enemies in their possession, what little chance Zilrin held of repelling them was destroyed.

28th of Twic, 5 BVE.

Dril Tundra, City of Shai.

"...as such, it would be prudent for the surplus to be allocated to Clan Irsi, as it would..."

Varse quietly tapped his foot as he listened to Sinshi address the council, his patience steadily draining as the plump Dril spouted his boisterous arguments.

"...the failure of our latest harvest could easily be compensated for if we were to simply receive-"

"Alright Representative Sinshi, that's enough." Varse interrupted in his stern voice. "We take your meaning. Let us vote and put this matter to rest."

"Potentate Varse, it does not reflect well on your position to callously silence a member of The Council!" Sinshi stated with mock surprise.

"You know very well that you haven't been silenced." Representative Tsida replied in barely concealed annoyance. "We've all heard your arguments, and frankly, I'm sure the council would enjoy seeing the outside of this chamber within the next century."

Low chuckles echoed quietly off the dark stone walls in response. Deep inside the heart of The Citadel, they all remained seated around the massive rounded table made of stone, etched into intricate designs that included the symbols of all twenty-eight clans.

Varse granted Tsida a nod of gratitude before standing from his stone chair. "Those who believe Clan Irsi should receive the entirety of this year's Tsrisu surplus, place your left hand on the table. Alternatively, those of you who believe that the surplus should be divided equally amongst the clans, as is tradition, use your right." He explained, slapping his own right hand down.

The members of the council placed their respective hands on the ancient stone table without hesitation, clearly having made up their minds long ago. Though several representatives sided with Sinshi, unsurprisingly due to their unsavory loyalty to the man, his opponents won out.

"Good, let us be rid of this issue. The Council is dismissed." Varse commanded.

Slowly, the other members found their way out of the room, including a disgruntled Sinshi. Varse was left alone, granting him a moment of quiet. His first few Council meetings had been a learning curve, for even though he had thought himself less than naive, the barely concealed alliances banding representatives into opposing factions had been discouraging.

Yet even still, he had found hope in the actions of many of the members. Though he would have been blind to miss the clear hold that Tsida seemingly held over the majority of his supporters, she had shown a willingness to vote alongside him, ensuring that most decisions fell in his favor. If she had been acting out of interest for the good of The Shai Domain, or Varse himself, he couldn't say. Yet it mattered little, as her support granted him the opportunity to act in the best interest of his people as a whole.

Though as he finally left the private council chamber, he was suddenly met by the presence of the very Dril he had been thinking of.

"Potentate Varse, may I have a word?" Tsida asked as she stepped in front of him, placing her gentle hand on his forearm. Though slightly shorter than an average female Dril, she possessed their species childbearing hips. Her black hair was cut to be chin length, the ends dyed a deep red to match her Clan colors. Her body was concealed in a red and orange robe, cut to hang over her groin and display her feminine legs. She couldn't be older than her late twenties, outmatching him slightly though every bit as gorgeous as the most attractive members of their species.

"Certainly." Varse replied, feeling her light touch through his sleeve. He'd have to be a eunuch to feel anything less than lust towards her, yet he retained control over his urges. For a Potentate to sleep with a council member would result in exile. Yet...no law stated that he couldn't appreciate the alluring beauty of his acquaintance.

"Walk with me." She requested, gracefully taking his arm. She began to lead him forwards, talking as she walked. "You performed admirably in there."

"Oh?" He questioned, attempting to ignore her sensual body pressed slightly against his. They reached the top of The Citadel's main stairs and began to descend.

"That pompous Sinshi believes he can have his way with The Council, yet we showed him differently."

"Yes, well, I merely voted for the optimal solution. Clan Ishi will fare more than fine with an even split." Varse replied dryly.

"Oh as did I." Tsida said as they reached the main level, only to turn down an off-branching corridor as they slowly continued. "Yet his dismay was an added bonus. Our service to The Domain often brings forth opportunities to topple the grandiose."

"Perhaps, if that is what you desire in such an occupation."

Taking a glance up at him, Tsida's crimson eyes momentarily met his own. "And what exactly does our new Potentate desire from his position? It occurs to me that I may not know you as well as I had assumed."

Despite her polite tone and calm strides, Varse suddenly felt as though he had been placed on trial. Choosing his next words carefully, his expression remained firm. "I only desire to uphold my oath, to serve our people. Individuals such as Sinshi do disgust me, to be sure, yet I care little for 'toppling' the man so long as he refrains from interfering."

Her polite, yet confident smirk widened ever so slightly before she returned her attention forwards. "So I thought." They turned an additional corner before she continued. "It is rare to encounter your breed, a man dedicated to principle. Yet it is for that very reason that I am certain we'll fit well together."

"I don't take your meaning..." He stated, turning to look at her once more. The torchlight that illuminated the dark stone halls of The Citadel danced across her pure white skin, hugging the womanly curves of her body.

"Oh come now, surely you haven't missed how the majority of The Council matches my votes?" She questioned with a coy smile. "It may be beneficial to all Dril if you were to be added to our little...agreement."

Varse's red eyes squinted as he peered down at the woman. "If you're suggesting that I join your cabal, you may be disappointed."

Yet despite his harsh response, Tsida appeared to be unsurprised. "My dear Potentate, you cannot blame me for at least offering. In any case, your answer only reassures me that you are the correct man for the job. This 'cabal' as you call it wouldn't give a second thought to selling the wellbeing of our people to the highest bidder. Yet luckily for The Domain, I happen to be that highest bidder. In addition to some level of blackmail, that is."

To hear the blunt truth was nearly a new experience for Varse, as he came to a full stop to regard her with interest. "You...admit to bribing The Council? To what purpose?"

Tsida's coy smile gradually adopted a more serious look, wishing to eliminate any room for misinterpretation. "For the betterment of our people, as you said. You may doubt me when I tell you that wealth means little to me, yet I hold it in abundance. To bend these fools into acting towards the betterment of The Domain...I can think of no greater use of my resources."

"On that we can wholeheartedly agree." Varse replied with conviction. "Though I don't particularly approve of your methods."

Tsida granted him a nod of understanding. "I am relieved to hear you say that, yet it is necessary. So long as you are committed towards our traditions and our people, you can take comfort in knowing that we shall support you."

Though somewhat conflicted, Varse couldn't argue. An ally may be just what he needed to enact true change, especially one far less unsavory in comparison to the rest of the council. "Very well, Tsida."

After a moment they resumed their walk, finally reaching a large stone door with intricate carvings that closely matched those of The Council table. Tsida reached into her skimpy robe, producing an odd key engraved with her clan symbols.

"What is the purpose in bringing me here?" He questioned, watching as she inserted the key into the center of the door. With a click, it began to slowly slide into the wall, driven by hidden gears and mechanisms.

"Potentate Varse, as much as I'd love a simple social walk, there are things that a man of your position must be privy to." She said, leading him inside. The large door opened to a long stairway, delving deeper into the ancient citadel.

Taking a torch from the wall, Varse followed her as they descended the steps.

"Only members of The Council are permitted on this level, as none of the public know of its existence." She explained, hearing the heavy door screech as it sealed behind them, leaving only his torch to keep the surrounding darkness at bay.

To keep an entire level secret from the very people they were meant to serve left a distasteful feeling in Varse, yet he wasn't surprised. Rumors of The Council hiding away secrets had persisted throughout The Domain for centuries, though no solid proof had ever surfaced.

He could see the glow of torches far below, slowly growing closer before the cramped stairway leveled out into a short corridor. At its end, it opened into a massive domed chamber, hexagonal in shape and outlined by two levels of wooden balconies. Each wall was lined with separate smaller rooms that appeared to be dormitories, storage holders, training alcoves, and general lounge areas. All were illuminated by bluish torches, burning the blubber of pale skinned Siesh Fish. Yet the mesmerizing size of the chamber was only a secondary distraction, as Varse's attention was primarily engaged by dozens of individuals going about their day, training, socializing, and eating. Though they were deep beneath the very heart of The Dril Domain, Dril appeared to be heavily in the minority of odd beings inhabiting the chamber, as members of nearly all sapient species appeared to be present, barring any Lish.

Seemingly amused by Varse's stunned silence, Tsida grabbed his hand and led him inside. "I am certain that you've heard rumors of The Domain infiltrating outside civilizations, yes? Well, allow me to officially confirm that fact, my dear Potentate."

As they made their way to the center of the chamber, all nearby individuals granted them a dutiful bow before continuing on with their tasks. None dared to speak to the pair.

"This...has been under The Citadel all this time?" Varse asked, gazing around in shock. Subtly, he realized that the chamber was considerably warmer than the rest of the fortress, providing a moderately comfortable temperature to its non-Dril inhabitants.

Tsida nodded, coming to a stop and turning to face him. "For centuries, The Council has trained agents to interfere with outside civilizations, helping raise some while toppling others. It's all about balance, you see? No outsiders can be permitted to gain enough strength to threaten The Domain, just as we have no interest in conquering them in turn."

"I...had heard rumors of such actions. We all had. I just...didn't anticipate them to be true." He replied, his tone a mix of horror and disgust.

"Oh they are, my Potentate. Yet, like many unsavory acts, they are necessary." Tsida replied, placing her hands on her hips with a coy smirk.

Varse looked at her in near disbelief. "Necessary? To interfere with outsiders? The Domain's very existence stems from an ideology of isolation!"

"Well of course, though what do you believe has allowed our isolation to persist? Our nearly non-existent armies? Our 'strong' borders, of which are regularly bypassed by Lish abductors?" Tsida questioned sarcastically, before her red eyes narrowed as she adopted a serious tone. "Of course not. Our founders knew that outside powers will always rise and fall. Given enough time and power, they'll eventually come knocking."

"Surely there is a better method that doesn't directly spit in the face of our most basic traditions." Varse stated firmly.

"Ah, tradition. Well, my Potentate, it could be argued that this establishment of agents is itself a tradition, originating from the very founding of The Domain. As our leader, you yourself have vowed to protect our people and traditions. What better way than to ensure that none are able to threaten us?"

A long moment passed as he considered her words, eyeing a pair of nearby humans as they engaged in a mock duel. "I don't approve of this...though I cannot say that some of what you claim isn't valid. I'd like some time to...ponder this revelation."

In response, she nodded understandingly, placing her hand gently on his forearm. "Yes, my Potentate. Yet, you'll need this." She said, producing an additional key from inside her robe. Though similar to the one that had granted them access, it was engraved with the symbols of clan Chalvarrus. "All members of The Council have access to the level, along with the services of our agents. They are bound to serve every representative. Yet be warned, as they will not act against another member of The Council, even if given a direct order from The Potentate."

Varse stared down at the key, reluctantly accepting it after a moment. "Understood, I suppose."

***

After exiting the chamber, the pair of Dril parted from The Citadel, strolling through the dense snow-covered streets of Shai.

"...and with only a single vote, the..." Tsida continued on, finishing a story from before Varse had been elected. They neared a small yet expensive looking building that stuck out sorely amongst its surrounding structures. Though all were made of stone, their intended target possessed artistically carved symbols that decorated its outer walls, while two small statues of Tsida herself guarded the entrance. "Ah, here we are."

Though all twenty-eight representatives were granted quarters inside of The Citadel, many preferred to inhabit personally owned residences inside of the city.

"Thank you for escorting me home, my dear Potentate." Tsida said with just a hint of flirtatiousness.

Varse nodded sternly, once again feeling her soft touch as she placed her hand on his arm. "Think nothing of it."

Unlocking her door, she stepped inside, and gestured for him to follow. "Please, come in. You have my word that there are no additional secret enclaves inside." She joked, smirking.

Obliging, he hesitantly entered, closing the door behind him. The interior was no less decorated than the outside, possessing several paintings of Tsida in various poses. One in particular caught his eye, displaying nearly her full nude body, using her hands to conceal her most intimate areas. The alluring depiction brought a hint of arousal through his loins, yet he gave no voice to his desires. "Quite...elegant."

"Agreed." She chucked arrogantly.

Though before he could reply, a man entered the foyer through a side door, bowing the instant he spotted them. However, rather than a Dril, Varse immediately recognized him to be a male Arkos with the grey skin and black stripes of his Wandering Desert-dwelling species. Though far skinnier than most Arkos males, the man sported their long-tapered tail and curled horns. His feline irises granted him a wild appearance, contrasting with his dignified posture. Yet the detail that utterly surprised Varse was the fact that he wore absolutely no clothing, completely exposing a stripped cock that was harshly contained inside of a metal chastity cage.

"Ah mistress, I knew I had heard you enter." The man stated, possessing the faintest hint of an accent carried over from his native tongue. The warmer temperature of the building, not too dissimilar to that of the hidden chamber, protected the man from the brutal cold of the tundra city. Fires licked the stone walls, emanating from several small cauldron's lining the walls for heat.

"Norok, meet our new Potentate, Varse of Clan Chalvarrus." Tsida replied, gesturing to her fellow Dril.

Though seemingly taken off guard the Arkos man was quick to kneel before Varse's feet. "My lord, it is an honor!"

Varse turned to Tsida, narrowing his eyes. "An Arkos servant? In Shai?" He asked, though not overtly harsh. Though many, including himself, disapproved of such things, no law directly prohibited the possession of a slave from an outsider species.

Tsida nonchalantly waved off his accusatory statement. "Oh please, I'm hardly the only representative to keep a servant. Besides, Norok here has proven himself to be quite a good boy. Isn't that right?"

"Yes mistress!" The man exclaimed, rising from his position on the floor. "Please, allow me to escort you upstairs."

Though Varse granted her a questioning look, Tsida gestured for him to follow as they made their way to the staircase. Continuing, they reached a room which quickly revealed itself to be her personal quarters. With a large bed decorated in her Clan's colors extending from the far wall, shelves holding strange and foreign artifacts decorated the walls.

Before he could even react, Varse watched as Tsida turned to face him, slipping out of her robe. It fell to the floor at her ankles, utterly exposing every inch of her seductive form.

Desire flared through him as his eyes instinctively traveled over her body, appreciating the tattoos that ran down her side before pulling his gaze away. "Representative Tsida...!"

"Opps..." she playfully uttered, pursing her soft lips slightly. "Apologies, my dear Potentate..."

Varse backed up slightly, attempting to look away as Tsida closed the distance between them. With intentional slowness, she dragged her hands down his chest, feeling his moderate muscles beneath his robe.