Vaid Empire: Conquest Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Processing her words, Korvis's eyes went wide at the revelation. Whether he believed her regarding his heir's death or not mattered little, as seconds later she drove the white blade deep into his throat.

Pulling the dagger free, she smirked as she watched him collapse to the floor, clutching his neck in panic.

Briza turned her head away, deeply sickened by Xenia's sadistic display. The actual execution did little to bother her, for she was a warrior. Death was a regular part of daily life. Yet the cruelty had been repulsive. There was no need to divulge that they had learned of Fildir's accidental death from Dominax's letter, nor the disgusting joy that the woman had seemingly taken from its reveal. Thus, Briza gritted her teeth and pointed her gaze elsewhere.

For the second time in mere minutes Xenia cleaned her victim's blood from a weapon, stepping over the body as she approached the group of girls. Horror spread across their faces at the sight of their slain father, as the nearby guards were forced to roughly cover the mouths of three to hush their screams. "Now, which of you goes by the name of 'Dunith'?"

There was a brief hesitation before one stepped forward. With her brunette curls hanging over her breasts, she hardened her face to conceal her nearly visible fear.

Xenia looked her up and down, as if assessing a competitor. "It appears that you are the lucky one, for I have instructions to grant you the title of Chief."

Her siblings looked to her in utter shock, though Dunith simply bowed her head in acknowledgement. "Chi- High-Chief Dominax had informed me of such plans, miss."

"Oh?" Xenia asked with only a hint of suspicion. Though his orders were clear, Dominax hadn't revealed the nature of his 'meeting' with the young woman.

"He warned that this day may come." Dunith responded obediently, revealing very little.

Xenia closed the short distance between them, taking the girl's chin in her moderately gentle grip. "Then, sweet Dunith, do you pledge your loyalty to him? To rule under his command, and join the Domani High-Chiefdom?"

The young woman's eyes looked past Xenia to gaze at her deceased father, instinctively placing her hand on her belly in concern for her likely pregnancy. "I do, miss. I shall serve him well."

Recognizing the subtle gesture Xenia's eyes narrowed, yet she gave no voice to her suspicions. Though potentially gaining yet another female competitor vying for Dominax, no good would come from throwing around clumsy accusations. "Good choice."

With Xenia taking a step back and presenting the white dagger, Dunith eagerly gripped the blade. "And what of my sisters?"

"Exile." Briza finally cut in, pushing aside her personal misgivings to address the new Chief. "They shall not be harmed."

Placing her hands on her hips, Xenia gave Dunith a smirk. "Yes, now come. There is much to be done. We must prepare to announce the unfortunate passing of Chief Korvis in his sleep, his fat heart giving out after learning of his son's death. The population shall know of their new borders, as their new Chief shall be eager to join us after the victory of Dominax in Zilrin."

A small pause passed as Dunith took a final look at Korvis before turning her gaze to Xenia with penetrating ambition, evidently finalizing her decision. "Yes, miss. Hail High-Chief Dominax."