All Comments on 'Valentine Curse'

by chymera

Sort by:
  • 18 Comments
JH4FunJH4Fun4 months ago
Excellent Read ⭐⭐⭐⭐

As I finished this tale, I went to read the comments. I didn’t understand why there were none.

As I read the tale the journey you created was an emotional one. While I was not sure where you were going during the first half of page 1, I did catch on and realized the journeys’ direction. After I finished the read, I reflected on the tale. I felt that you created a great image of things that could have happened building the base. Then you took the journey into a path that blended nicely in the end with a pretty neat ending.

While I did not give the tale an Outstanding Read ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating. I did give it an Excellent Read ⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating. Your tale was a good emotional journey for me. It brought into my memory of some things from my past that helped shape the person I am today. I smiled at those memories.

Thank you for creating this tale as well as your others. You are on my favorite authors list for a reason. I look forward to your future products for our consumption.

Keep Writing

JH4Fun

Monagamous_NowMonagamous_Now4 months ago

I love a happy ending!

Cracker270Cracker2704 months ago

Well crafted story. And I do love a happy ending.

Corny1974Corny19744 months ago

Loved this. 5 stars - thank you.

inka2222inka22224 months ago

Discusting femme-fantasy cuck shit, sorry. Let's count all the problems in this:

/

1. If she actually liked him, she should have reigned in her asshole cousin from the start.

/

2. She should have told HIM AND the teacher that her cousin stole the cards. So the whole "she liked him" was a lie. She didn't even care about her cousin taunting him right before she approached him.

/

3. Her total rejection of his apologies (ESPECIALLY in light of her having no issues of the bullying her cuz was doing) paints her as a sadistic bitch with grudges and zero empathy.

/

4. Another indicator she didn't ever like him was, note she had no problem fucking around all her life. School. College. HE had issues having relationships etc.. because the dumb brainless idiot character "loved" her.

/

5. And back to the main point, the chliche, disgusting princess fantasy that OH OF COURSE he falls in love with the bitch and IMPOSSIBLE to fall out of love even though she clearly doesn't want him and he CAN"T POSSIBLY be happy and love someone who likes him back. Because it'd devalue the preciousness of the wonderful Princess and her self opinion.

/

I bet less than couple of years after they marry she'll be cheating on him.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy4 months ago

Great story! Glad he was able to overcome all the adversity in his life.

5

WantingToWriteGoodWantingToWriteGood4 months ago

Beautifully written.

Tx77TumbleweedTx77Tumbleweed4 months ago

This was well written. At your later reveal of Micky’s initial feelings, I pondered why she hadn’t told the teacher what her cousin had done. However, a bully doesn’t necessarily exclude family from their tormenting ways, so I figured that he had intimidated her enough to keep her quiet. At that age, she could have easily rationalized her behavior as more “she didn’t do anything wrong rather than she failed to do the right thing”. When Lonnie retaliated, she was badly hurt, perhaps because he could believe she would deliberately hurt him. When they meet again in college, the lack of maturity of Barbie and his ruination of Lonnie’s frat standings did them in. Barbie could have very possibly resolved the poor communication by being truthful, but he wasn’t. This is why his later friendship with Lonnie is the biggest stretch in the story. Micky’s romance with the jerk to whom she becomes engaged is a rebound for someone WITHOUT a great deal of relationship experience. That it took 16+ years for the situation to get resolved is not surprising. Your ending, or something similar, was a million to one shot for Lonnie and Micky.

BlueFox007BlueFox0074 months ago

I read it twice. I enjoyed it as much the second time. They were first graders when his self worth was destroyed, and he suffered through the death of the three people who loved him while in grade school. It’s not reasonable to expect him to behave like a mature adult given his early school and life experiences. He grew up. It wasn’t easy being him, but he grew up. May he and she have long and happy lives, together. 5*’s.

lAnatomistelAnatomiste4 months ago

In addition to inka222's points, what is it with all the deaths in the family?

Dad gets killed in Iraq (where are the survivor's benefits?), Mom dies from CA, and then Grandma dies from a broken hip!

MC gets tossed onto the foster system, yet makes it out OK.

This was not good story.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Loved it!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Loved the ending but the story, although well written was just too freaking sad for me. I have to give you a misty 4 but the ending should make a 5.

EastCoaster1EastCoaster13 months ago

Those who have ever been bullied I think will find this to be a happy ending story...

...those who really can't relate to that, probably won't, calling it sappy or saccharine-sweet.

That's OK.

Five stars from here for the happy ending.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I thot it was a well written story with a story line ive not seen before, but the ending for me was poor. I thot there could have been so much more to the story. This was in the romance section... dropped from a solid 5 to a 3 for me.

Odess83Odess833 months ago

Очень мало получилось. Нет развития. Если сочувствовать парню можно, то любовной линии времени вообще не уделили. И он так легко допустил, что она год трахалась с другим парнем, хотя знала о его чувствах и "любила" его?

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Bogus. Elementary school girls have absolutely NO problem ratting out classmates. If she had wanted to stop the bullying back in first grade, she'd have tattled on Barbie in an instant.

It's BOYS who would balk at tattling

InfosaugerInfosaugerabout 1 month ago

I fully agree with EastCoaster: You have to been bullied to fully understand this story.

If you were a bully yourself or even just a bystander, you won't get it.

usaretusaret18 days ago

Guess I’m just an old romantic fool; As I read it my interest went from “ hmm-hawww” to “well-well-well” then “yeah!!”.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous