Valkyrie

Story Info
Even Angels need safe havens.
3.9k words
4.64
2.9k
6
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Authors Note: For those that are uninitiated, in Norse mythology a valkyrie is one of a host of female warrior spirits who guide souls of the worthy dead to Valhalla. There, the deceased warriors become spirits collectively known as Einherjar (army of many) and prepare for the events of Ragnarök; the mighty conflict leading to the final destruction of the world.

This event falls into the middling of their endless preparation.

This piece is not meant to be a complete or all-inclusive treatise of Viking cultures, wars, and beliefs. Creative liberties were taken, and gracious honor was given.

For those that like an audio component to their reading, I would suggest "The Dawning" by Hagalaz Runedance.

I am open to receiving constructive responses and feedback. Thank you, and enjoy.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The racing, cloud-covered sky was the color of brilliant dusk when Raven looked up from the flattened stump he was sitting on. Streaks of orange, red, and yellow twisted with midnight purple reflected inside his dark amethyst eyes, the man astutely watching as a lone figure strode toward him across the heat-cracked ground.

Angel's bronze-colored armor was marred with dark mud and caked blood, her once glorious blonde mane that reached down to the small of her back now sweat-snarled and unkept. Horizon-hued eyes were dull and lightless inside the shallow shadow of her wide winged helmet, mile-long gaze barely focusing on the heavy steps that she seemed burdened to take.

Raven stood and stepped up to the sharp edge of the luscious green grass surrounding the small cottage, staring out onto the dry, cracked battlefield of Vígríðr beyond that hadn't tasted rain in ages. His sorrow-filled gaze was upon Angel as she drug her sigil-carved, silver long sword and triskelion-adorned circular shield like heavy weights along her sides, thin furrows pacing parallel to her encumbered steps.

As soon as Angel stepped onto the green grass surrounding the cottage a horrible deflation overcame her mighty being, the honored valkyrie suddenly slumping forward in bone-deep exhaustion. Raven instantly caught and shouldered her thick arm around his muscular neck, keeping her from ever touching the ground as her weapon and shield clattered to the ground.

Even though Angel was taller by inches and larger in a way only a life honed in battle could bring, Raven still easily took her weighty burden as though it was his time to carry it instead of her.

"I have you now, Angel," Raven comfortingly whispered, turning and slowly guiding her heavy form across the cool grass toward the cottage door. "Please, be at peace."

"Raven, my Einheri (army of one)," came Angel's lonesome whisper halfway to the sturdy door, the words filled with such relief even though she was exhausted beyond belief.

Raven nodded and squeezed Angel's muscular shoulder, saying nothing else. There would be time enough later for words.

Inside, the cottage was small and homely. A small, wooden dining table with two chairs was wedged into the corner right of the door as they entered, a sturdy bed big enough for two covered in thick brown wool hugging the wall on the left side, along with a large steel tub further into the low-ceilinged hut. A tall wardrobe painted black, located halfway between the table and the tub, was nestled against the right wall.

Raven patiently guided Angel to the nearest seat then slowly set her heavy form down, a ragged breath leaving her chapped lips as she slumped into the creaking chair. He slowly drew Angel's winged helmet off her unmoving head, thick tumbles of horizon-hued blonde spilling out that was matted and baked with sweat. Her topaz-colored eyes were turned downward to the dirt floor, hard lines of age and wear streaking her tanned, beautiful face.

As Raven kneeled before Angel compassion flooded his kind gaze, her posture never changing or moving as he watched her with worry. He swept the thick blonde hair from her weathered features and tucked it behind her ears, dim-light eyes never rising to his caring touch. It was clear she didn't even have the strength to look up, no care available to drag herself away from the burden that clearly rested deeper than muscles could carry.

Like a marionette with her strings cut, wind-blasted and tired, Angel sat blank and hollow.

Raven closed his eyes and slowly breathed out, leaning close and resting his head against Angel's in knowing acceptance of her ongoing duty. After their short communion he slowly rose and moved to the large bath, drawing water and warming it with heated coals. It wasn't long until a curtain of steam drifted up from the tub, filling the cottage with soothing heat before returning his attentions to Angel.

With slow motions Raven gently removed Angel's thick bronze gauntlets lined with white fur, taking her firm hands in his own and checking them over for broken bones or swelling. Finding none he next unstrapped her protective pauldrons, easing the ichor-covered bronze mantle from her shoulders and setting it on the table.

Kneeling once more Raven unbuckled her tall greaves capped with lovely bronze wings and removed them, revealing tan, firm legs and calloused feet within. Angel's thick breast plate came next, the heaviest piece by far. Bound with strong leather straps along her broad shoulders and muscular sides, the blessed armor afforded her divine protection gifted from the All-Father himself.

Upon removing the heavy plate Raven set it upon the table with the rest of her armor, drawing up and removing Angel's shirt of sturdy chain mail beneath. Left only wearing a thick, brown leather dress, a garment made to bear all the magnificent armor and to keep from marring her tanned skin, Angel still seemed formidable and strong as she sat there defenseless and weak.

Moving behind her, Raven unbuttoned the three clasps underneath the thick blonde hair at back of Angel's broad neck. With slow care he worked the long dress up past her wide hips, drawing the saturated leather, soaked with endless battles of purpose, up and over her head. White scars ran like uneven lattice strips up and down Angel's deeply tanned body, a lifetime of painful remembrances making Raven's heart break at the seeing.

Hooking Angel's left arm over his shoulder he lifted her naked form out of the seat, guiding her across the dirt floor to the waiting bath. Raising one leg at a time he helped her over the edge then lowered her into the steaming water, tending to her with the greatest care and adoration.

Raven brought up a thick brush and a pad of unscented soap, lathering it then lifting Angel's left arm up out of the water. He slowly began to scrub her, each finger and wrist attended to as lengths of arms and aching muscles were seen to. He cleaned her face in small, warm whirls, her vacant eyes still open and not moving as the hot water trickled soap down her nose.

Angel's strong legs were cleaned next, each glorious length lifted out of the water one at a time. Clear rivulets dripped down her battle-honed muscles, Raven tending to each toe and behind both knees before gracing her gorgeous thighs and honed abs with attention. With care he raised one lovely breast and slowly scrubbed beneath it, removing any sweat and grime she may have gathered and endured before doing the other.

Raven rose and placed a large bucket of steaming water behind Angel, drawing her dirty blonde hair over the edge of the bath to soak inside it. Taking out a sturdy comb, he dipped it into the water and began to brush out her stiff mane. Snarls came away with heavy resistance, each stroke tugging hard on Angel's scalp that she didn't even move or respond to.

It was a long, slow process to cleanse Angel of all the sediment she'd accumulated. In truth, there wasn't a droplet of water in either bath or bucket that wasn't tainted by dirt or grime by the time Raven was finished.

When satisfied that she was as clean as he could get her, Raven stood Angel up in the bath and thoughtfully dried her now glowing body. He made sure every lovely curve was attended to before he stepped her out of the bath and draped her in a long white gown, a garment befitting the pure glory of the undefeated valkyrie before him.

Sitting Angel back down at the table he ladled out a bowl of thick porridge, feeding her one spoonful at a time. Robotic and barely conscious, Angel accepted the nourishing food only because her body remembered it needed to eat. She was too far gone to enact the motion herself.

As the night grew into its middle, Raven sat Angel on the edge of the sturdy bed. He guided her underneath the warm covers then turned her toward the wall, drawing the thick wool blanket up to her shoulders.

In the darkened silence with only the light of a single candle to guide him, Raven went about his duties of emptying the battle-caked water then polishing Angel's glorious armor. Her bronze armaments of protection, once unable to shine even beneath a perfect sun, gleamed like molten gold when he was finished polishing and buffing. Gathering her sword and shield from the ground outside the cottage, they were sharpened, polished, oiled, then racked ready to use.

When everything was as it should be, the equipment fresh and ready to don as though the first day it was cast, Raven slipped beneath the covers behind Angel. Wrapping his strong arms around her, they huddled close in the star-kissed darkness.

Raven waited, patient like every moment in Angel's presence, until he felt her shiver. A pained whimper left her clenched throat next, back tightening against his broad chest as she drew her legs up close and curled into a fetal ball. Raven was there to comfort her, wrapping around her even tighter as she pulled into the muscular knot, as the first sobs broke free.

Angel's despair was a horrible sound containing its own gravity and ethereal pain, a sorrowful moan echoing from deep within her chest. More sounds and whimpers slowly came, the debt of containing them being paid with her reluctance to release them at all. The painful memories had been held for so long, her unerring vigil claiming necessity amongst the endless servitude she honorably committed to.

Still in the silence of Raven's arms all of Angel's inner turmoil came forth, one sad sound after another, as one battle-scarred life was cradled in the loving embrace of another.

"I'm here, Angel," Raven whispered, knowing that saying it any louder would have broken her.

"Raven," Angel delicately returned. Her feminine voice was devoid of purpose, a withered and defeated sound felt down to the bedrock of her soul.

A heavy sigh left her lips as the mournful sobs seeped away, Angel slowly uncurling from her body-length stiffness. Each clenched muscle was a mental feat to untighten, a relieving sigh slipping from her lips before she gently fell into a deep, dreamless slumber.

In Raven's arms, Angel knew she was safe at last.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a few long hours later, quiet and peaceful with only the moonlight for lumen, before Angel stirred again. With a slow rustle of covers she slowly turned and laid herself atop Raven, heavy body settling upon him as her knees slid down astride his thighs. Brushing her long, beautiful blonde hair to the left side, it shown like spun gold kissed by silver moonbeams.

"Raven? Make me forget, then make me remember," Angel softly requested, the tremble of her warm fingers gracing his cheeks then running up through his short black hair. Muscular thighs gently squeezed Raven's, the lovely presence of his precious Angel above him drawing a warm glint to his amethyst eyes. "Please, ease the memories away from me."

Crystal tears slowly graced Angel's face, Raven's long fingers brushing her tan skin and smearing her emotional display across her cheeks. He sat up and took her tanned face in his warm palms, holding her precious light with such care and warmth as he kissed her slow and perfect.

The pair slowly shifted on the bed, Raven's back now to the wall beneath the window as Angel drew her white gown up to the crest of her gorgeous hips. It took only moments for them to find what they sought, the sensual fonts of their eager sexes heatedly rubbing each other with patiently increasing need.

Focused entirely on Raven, gorgeous eyes growing hot and bright like amber glazed in pure honey, Angel slowly mounted him with divinely guided perfection while effortlessly drawing him into her humming thoughts.

The battlefield was grim, the army of soldiers in blackened armor falling by the dozens before the might of the silvered army. It didn't matter who they were or what they stood for in Angel's mind. Only the choosing was important, her sacred and unending charge. As the slain started to drift in their ghost-like forms across the foggy killing field, she astutely watched for the telltale signs of unrelenting hearts and battle-worthy souls amongst them.

Raven had seen Angel that day the first time, the graceful valkyrie gliding down from the glorious heavens and touching down on the unworthy ground beneath her. She glowed like a golden star amidst the fog-darkened battlefield, white wings spined with bronze and silver sparkles spread out wide around her in awe-inspring beauty.

He watched from the definitive edge of his fading life as Angel knelt and ran long, tan fingers across the lifeless eyes of endless corpses. As she closed their eyelids in peace a kind whisper accompanied each soft touch, the dead being silently witnessed and judged before the divine gaze of the angelic valkyrie.

Raven's own time would come soon, the worthiness of his long, honorable life to be weighed in one look from this blessed, perfect spirit.

Angel never saw the grim-faced marauder rise up from the ground yards behind her, striding toward the unaware valkyrie and raising his axe high as though he could see the divine spirit, however Raven did. With a wide-reaching left hand he grasped the remnants of a nearby bannermans pole, the sharp skewer upon its shattered points life-taking and true. A mighty throw guided its unerring path through the foggy air, striking the marauder beneath his left arm and driving him away from the distracted valkyrie.

Angel spun at the sound of twisting gravel, watching as the wayward soul seeking to strike her down fell awkwardly across the ground to her left. Lifeless and still the marauder laid there, the valkyrie slowly panning over to where Raven was propped up against the base of a sturdy oak tree.

Rising from the ground like a perfect spring dandelion, Angel's honeyed gaze was piercingly bright and radiant as she looked upon Raven from thirty yards away. She slowly closed the gap between them, each step causing him to tremble before the heavenly light of judgment piercing into the reaches of his cringing spirit.

By the time Angel slowly kneeled to Raven's left his bloody hands were shaking so horribly, tears washing his awe-struck eyes as he trembled from unworthiness to be in her radiating presence. Tender comfort in the form of her left hand grasping his led to a smile that could have broken the sky from its beauty, her internal light becoming solar and pure as his body shook from the last breaths leaving his broken form.

"Rest now, chosen. There is much to be done," Angel gently implored in her dove-soft voice, right hand moving up toward Raven's face and closing his eyes with her tan fingers.

Raven's body suddenly shivered from head to toe, the pitiful fear couched inside his unworthy heart suddenly lurching out his useless body and away from his racing thoughts. In moments Raven felt like he was free and flying, darting up through the murky clouds toward the funneled heavens above. Ringed in golden sunlight and tuned to the reveling cheers of a thriving mead hall not far away, the smile that crossed his face was as blissful as ever he'd felt.

Raven barely felt anything else, so complete were his peaceful assurances of transcendence.

Only the mighty clap of powerful wings above him drew any kind of distant interest, the tender grip of strong hands beneath Raven's long arms letting him know Angel was close by. She held him close beneath her as they quickly flew toward the Halls Hereafter, the honored valkyrie heralding him to Valhalla and the endless battle to come.

The warm air screamed with the crying calls of other divine spirits nearby, valkyries bringing their sacred charges across the boundary between worlds as the wind curled and streamed around them.

As the gaze into their weather-beaten thoughts ended, Raven felt his face gripped in Angel's battle-worn hands. Clenched tight and softly moaning, warm skin and naked bodies crashing together in ravenous need, they moved like elemental forces as she forced every inch of his length deeper into her.

He didn't remember undressing her or himself, so lost in the memory of yesterday that everything else was forgotten and lost. Nothing else truly mattered, Angel's glorious presence consuming his entire being.

Raven groaned as he hammered up into Angel, smacking their needy hips together like a thunder strike with each powerful thrust. In dualic opposition to such heated need he held her wind-burned face with softness and care, cupping her precious divinity like an innocent bird nestled safely in his palms.

Angel whimpered from the gentleness, a single crystal tear falling to be lost amongst Raven's needed touch, as she rode him harder and deeper. As she gripped the edge of the window above him thick talons grew out from beneath her long fingertips. She dug them into the sturdy bricks as she gave into her inflamed desire, chipping and flaking the masoned stone while drawing closer to her passionate release.

Heavy breasts heaved with the force of each powerful breath, the rippling muscles of Angel's abs tight and ribbed like she was sculpted from dark sandstone. There wasn't an ounce of fat up on Angels perfect body, each movement from the battle-hardened warrior hypnotic and awe-inspiring.

When Angel finally succumbed to her pounding climax she crashed like a heated meteor into Raven, squeezing his massive length with all her tightening muscles. The keening call that erupted from her throat was the piercing cry of the valkyrie, the sound rising and falling like the sharp scream of a soaring eagle calling out to its own from across great distances.

Held inside such magnificence Raven relented, chest tightening and neck straining as his heated release flooded Angel with relief. Angel hissed in claimed victory of her sensual prize, clenching her white teeth as her sunburst gaze tore open a bright hole inside Raven's soul.

From within Angel blessed him with her might and courage, honoring one soul amongst so many to being chosen as her favored. With a whimper Raven did the same, pouring his nourishing essence, the soul of the worthy warrior Angel saw that day, deep into her core and warming the cold weight that resided there. The burden of Angel's charge, heavy and so eternal, relented in its press and responsibility for a few blessed seconds when washed in Raven's warmth and kindness.

Raven watched as the latticed scars upon Angel's gorgeous face and firm body slowly faded away, her numerous wounds healing to leave her skin unblemished once more. As each hair upon her head started glowing like a small sun was birthing inside them, the perfect smile that broke across Angel's face was filled with peaceful grace.

"Honored Einheri, chosen of the slain," Angel ethereally hummed, softly caressing Raven's face as her breathing slowed. "Rise again and drink mead from the Allfather's Hall. Let it fill and sustain you through battles yet to be fought."

12