Valkyrie

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"And as for me, my tender soul warden, your spirit will shine bright and never fade," continued Angel, the low rumble of her commanding voice becoming resonate as it drifted through the house. "It is by its guidance that will I find my way back to you, through the endless dark of misery and uncertainty until I am in your arms once more."

"Here this now, Einheri Raven. Stay true, and I will always find myself to you," Angel whispered, their noses touching as a bone-deep sigh released all the heavy tension from her form. "Thank you, always."

The moonlight watched in silence as two weary souls patiently healed each other, the perfect night taking them as the long battle waned for the next precious few hours.

--------------------------------------------

Nestled into the small spoon of Raven's embrace, Angel slept peacefully as the night slowly drifted away. As the first warm inspirations of sunlight began to touch the morning sky, the pair slowly rousted and began their practiced preparations.

Naked and lovely, healed and gorgeous, Angel stood and passively observed as Raven slowly dressed her. The leather dress came first, drawing it over her head and slowly guiding it down her firm body before securing the catches in the back. As Angel watched his every movement, sunburst eyes bright like perfect daybreak, she smiled as the coat of silvery chain mail was unfurled and mantled upon her.

The molten bronze breast plate came next. The heavy armor seated perfectly upon Angel's frame, Raven tightening the straps and ensuring her encased protection before she slowly sat down and lifted a toned, long leg. Raven gently kissed her glowing skin as he drew the winged boot onto her gorgeous leg, securing it in place before doing the other with the same, kind reverence. With honor he offered the bronze gauntlets to Angel, the valkyrie slipping her hands and forearms into the fur-lined, plated gloves.

Once all of Angel's armor was in its proper place upon her body, Angel tilted her head down and closed her eyes. A bright smile slipped across her lips as the winged helmet of her valkyrie charge slowly pressed down onto her head, a soft kiss from Raven upon her now covered brow blessing her with his love and strength.

Standing up from the sturdy chair, tall and divine, Angel glowed with easy, warm radiance.

"Rise, honored Einheri," Angel hummed, beckoning Raven to his feet. "The battle awaits."

With a turn of heel Angel strode to the black wardrobe, opening it and revealing Raven's darkened armaments. They were the same she'd seen him in that day on the killing field, his inner worth shining defiantly through his amethyst eyes.

Drawing out his leather breeches and heavy shirt, ringed mail of mastersmith work, and the blackened armor pieces of his battle-tested protection, she went to work preparing him in the same way he had done to her. With slow, endless attention to detail, nothing was left undone as she drew his black helmet over his head.

Withdrawing the blackened spear from the wardrobe and wrapping Raven's fingers around the shaft, Angel nodded as their preparations ended. "Your charge, Einheri. By my side, this day and always."

"By my honor, esteemed valkyrie," Raven reverently responded, bowing low with regal awareness.

Angel sheathed her sigil-carved sword then took up her triskelion-adorned shield before setting her gaze upon Raven, the pair striding out from the cottage together. They broke into a run across the green grass as bright sunlight crested the razor-sharp horizon, spirited white wings snapping out from Angel's back and catching the first rays upon their divine majesty. Blackened wings unfurled from Raven's body, his human form shrinking and changing as the pair took flight together.

Arcing up through the majestic sky, catching the first winds of the day between their graceful feathers, the honored valkyrie and her raven protector dove toward eternity and the endless battle of their chosen destinies.

12