All Comments on 'Varna Ch. 09'

by AspernEssling

Sort by:
  • 18 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago
What a cliff hanger

Great story, great pacing. Loving it.

James_DuncanJames_Duncanalmost 2 years ago

This is becoming truly excellent, keep up the good work :)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Wonderful chapter, can't wait for more. Just wondering, is there a map of Varna available (more detailed than the generic Map of Leinyere)? I'm especially curious about the relative location of Albo's home base, Souglad, and Elmina.

BruceWoBruceWoalmost 2 years ago

Another wonderful chapter

IamboredtooIamboredtooalmost 2 years ago

Well, THAT's a cliff hanger...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤 moooorrrreeeee!!!! Feed me moooorrrreeeee!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Thank you once again. This is really marvelous storytelling.

rayironyrayironyalmost 2 years ago
Another 5 stars

and another standing ovation.

Thanks for taking us all along.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Great chapter, it looks like this story just got a lot longer, now that Tauma, and company have had to escape the castle.

I knew Merik was going to stir up a little trouble, but I did not expect him to commit patricide.

I hope Nathal gets what’s coming to him.

Now I see why the Duke didn’t name Aludar the heir. What a coward, to sneak out of the castle and leave his four year old daughter. You have my permission to have something rather grisly happen to him.

And poor Toran talk about a lamb to the wolves, I do not predict a good future that kid

Keep up the good work, Thank you for keeping us entertained. KS

kvalentinekvalentinealmost 2 years ago

Just wondering, was Gerder Tanle inspired by the Empress Matilda, and her conflict with the usurper, Stephen?

MimiRayMimiRayalmost 2 years ago

An epic tale, so well told. Five humongous stars.

vintageridervintagerideralmost 2 years ago

I'm beginning to think this story my become even better than Westrons, which is the benchmark I now use when evaluating the quality of any story. Why are you not a professional author, or are you?

Comentarista82Comentarista82almost 2 years ago

I'll confess that my last impression is my first one here: I understand the fey are magical beings that can be helpful to a point, but it's unclear to me how much. I hope you will explain that in ch 10 or why it's so special--given Gerdar Tanle is over the moon with the prospect.

I'm also interested to see how you expand Rhigen's "consternation" at Tauma batting that rock 15 feet. Certainly I thought he needed to use his magic, but your story detailed he was already drained from using it to sharpen his mind, so I get that. I'm glad he's back and I'm interested to see how much he makes Tauma and Glasha practice.

BOY. Alissara came RIGHT in the nick of time, right about when I thought Tauma and company were goners! You timed that well, so great execution. I appreciated Durgat's "Peneda will have to change his name now...to Peneda of 94 horse!!" That was quite funny. Very orderly retreat, to escape from Merik--AND to get all the orcish warriors with him; the fact they chose Tauma (as did some of the stablehands) was a very touching point of the story.

I really can't wait to see what else you have planned for this, as it's very riveting indeed. 5

Comentarista82Comentarista82almost 2 years ago

How about having a "wit" contest between Sezima and Durgat? Since both are so original in their remarks (Sezima: "ye gods...we shall not lack for shade!!" and Durgat: "Now he has to call himself Peneda of the 94 horse"), it would be really cute (and funny) if you could manage to craft some exchanges between them. I'm certain Durgat noticed Sezima brought 10 calvary men, so with Sezima being Tauma's best friend, I imagine him bringing those men impressed Durgat.

Richard1940Richard1940almost 2 years ago

God damn you, sir. I'm running out of superlatives.

jankromandjankromandalmost 2 years ago

wonderful story, looking forward to following chapters 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

It's 5:48 in the morning... And i havent gotten a lick of sleep... Damn you...

-jaye-

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAspernEssling@AspernEssling
Still writing. More to come. For those who are interested: you may have noticed that I mention music fairly often. That's because I tend to listen to music while I write, so that certain artists/albums become associated with certain stories. Here are some of the connections. G...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Varna Ch. 08 Previous Part
Varna Series Info