All Comments on 'Varna Ch. 10'

by AspernEssling

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

My days are spent refreshing my browser every few hours. Agony.

BruceWoBruceWoalmost 2 years ago

Another wonderful chapter

SlavrarSlavraralmost 2 years ago

Great story. I've loved all of your stories over the years. Great work

ender2k2kender2k2kalmost 2 years ago

This is very good. I look forward to reading the next chapter. Thank you for posting so often

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Again, thank you for this. I really enjoy your writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

A map of Varna, please?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I first saw this map in a post: TALES OF LEINYERE STORY EVENT 2022 - COMING SOON <https://www.literotica.com/s/coming-soon-tales-of-leinyere-story-event>

I was trying to figure out where Tauma was visiting on his Grand Tour and found this map:

https://inkarnate.com/m/L5dNMX--leinyere/

It doesn't place the various Tirs or Gerders but I hope this helps.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Most of your story's end in 15 chapters or less.

The only thing worse than waiting for the next installment of this excellent piece is the thought that a conclusion isn't too far off obviously the distance

Comentarista82Comentarista82almost 2 years ago

WOW. THAT'S why the fey came. Of course, while they are powerful, they must carefully control it--but for them to show up just for Tauma (even if he isn't the Varyan)--is HUGE; they can still do tons of damage, although they have to be carefully employed in battle. Those elven archers will prove huge assets too. What will prove interesting is how many of the Red Knee Orcs you write into the story, that enlist: there's no way that there aren't many that aren't mostly human, from where "Smitten" left off--and that would prove interesting, for all of Varna to see such hybridized people join and fight with Tauma. Of course, now you've uncovered and made available for someone to reveal the TRUE history of Varna, and who were the first true settlers there. It is that history that could overthrow the entire system as we know it.

Loved you making Sanatha strike out on her own as equal partner. Love the fact that Durgat decided to be her bodyguard. Is he maybe a little sweet on her, or just doing it for Tauma?

Nathal going to Whydah to join Aludar seems problematic, but it paves the way for Sanatha's safe return from the east. What's really going to prove interesting is how you demonstrate Tauma's tactical prowess, as...I don't see how it's going to develop so quickly, as he seems still quite slow on the uptake.

You up the ante with each chapter. Quite the nail biter! 5

Xzy89c1Xzy89c1almost 2 years ago

So good. Up,there with Westros!

bhojobhojoalmost 2 years ago

So Not only is this a gripping tale it is a powerful statement about prejudice isolationism and the perils of privilege. One can only hope that the open minded Tauma prevails against his scheming brethren.

bose181bose181almost 2 years ago

Amazing, thank you for writing this AspernEssling. To a previous comment, the other reason Durgat went with his sister, is he'd be a more effective envoy to the Red Knees. I'd totally forgotten about some of the characters from his tour, Calep, in particular. I'll have to go back and read, just like I did for the potential wife speed-dating chapter. Good times! I'm assuming Nathal is going to attack Aludar, not join him. I fear Toran is going to be a key piece, perhaps by inaction or by acting out immaturely. I can only hope he judged character well when he was younger...

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Fantastic story. Truly riveting! Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

First misstep I've seen you write... He saw glasha every 3 or 4 nights... And then he had to be pushed to do so by the wife he was forced to marry??... That doesn't fit the story's narrative of what he and glasha are supposed to be to each other...

-jaye-

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAspernEssling@AspernEssling
Still writing. More to come. For those who are interested: you may have noticed that I mention music fairly often. That's because I tend to listen to music while I write, so that certain artists/albums become associated with certain stories. Here are some of the connections. G...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Varna Ch. 09 Previous Part
Varna Series Info