All Comments on 'Varna Ch. 13'

by AspernEssling

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
BruceWoBruceWoalmost 2 years ago

And just when I thought the story was wrapped up you throw in a cliffhanger…, loving it. Again.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Wow...thought this was over and a new adventure is launched....aether and sea battles....I hope so!!!

SerpsorSerpsoralmost 2 years ago

That's a lot of troops

ZZchromosomeZZchromosomealmost 2 years ago

Oh my. And here I thought that we were coming to the end of the story. It just gets more intriguing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Gripping.

golasgilgolasgilalmost 2 years ago

You continue to surprise, delight and entertain with your characters and stories. Long may you continue to write.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Another twist in a brilliant tale. Can’t wait for the next chapter !

EmanresEmanresalmost 2 years ago

I wouldn't have minded if Tauma would have gotten involved with his sister :D

Comentarista82Comentarista82almost 2 years ago

Just as I think Tauma and company will have a few years to rest...here comes Beksha and company to try to upstage them right away! This has to be the BIGGEST curve ball you've ever thrown. Just the number you've named means Beksha outnumbers Tauma's forces 2 to 1 at least; you must have this one well-planned or you wouldn't have thrown THAT out there.

Making Tanle a Tir was a no-brainer: really...who was the most integral part of winning the last war? Tanle! Alissara wasn't far behind and I love how you drew her to not be ambitious--because she IS the right kind of leader. Fitting title for Durgat; however, could he have a larger role in this? For the fighters he has, of course he will--but I'm talking as a speaking role--since he showed some wit on the level of Sezima's. I heartily agree with Hurmas returning to Whydah and pursuing Bathene--and Hurmas is very selfless--so he does deserve her for a reward. I just can't help thinking if somehow you'd let them have 2 years to rebuild Whydah that Hurmas would side with Tauma and give those mercenaries one hell of fight on that alone.

It's a great touch to invest both Tauma and Sanatha as co-rulers--because Sanatha IS the voice of reason--and she shared equally in helping Tauma take back Elmina ultimately. Making Sirma the heir is very fair, for Tauma paying tribute to how Aludar used to be with him. I like how you returned Seiyre to some prominence: I hope she indeed manages to copy enough of the manuscripts to spread the truth about Tauma.

Tauma's Great Council was very fair indeed, and diverged greatly from his father's aloof and disconnected ruling of Varna. However, Glasha did seem greatly forgotten. Of course her time-walking helped--but it won't help against Beksha and the pirate in question since she doesn't know them.

I was so glad to see this post...now you have me biting my nails again on how you intend to resolve this on the heels of such a costly and draining war for succession. 5

rayironyrayironyalmost 2 years ago
Shit-oh-Dear!

Sounds like time for a whole lot of oil on the water from upstream, and a well timed match.

Nouh_BdeeNouh_Bdeealmost 2 years ago

Oh, shit!

Well done, AE

Blue90aBlue90aalmost 2 years ago

The story gets better and better

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAspernEssling@AspernEssling
Still writing. More to come. For those who are interested: you may have noticed that I mention music fairly often. That's because I tend to listen to music while I write, so that certain artists/albums become associated with certain stories. Here are some of the connections. G...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Varna Ch. 12 Previous Part
Varna Series Info

SIMILAR Stories