All Comments on 'Varna Ch. 17'

by AspernEssling

Sort by:
  • 68 Comments
SurlygitSurlygitalmost 2 years ago

It is wonderful to read every single one of your stories

BruceWoBruceWoalmost 2 years ago

Absolutely wonderful. Your best work to date. You should be proud

Avalanche2015Avalanche2015almost 2 years ago

Very enjoyable read, excitement, intrigue, love, violence, retribution and plots within plots in an extremely well crafted and written epic journey through life imagined. Thank you so much for sharing your mind view with us in this venue. Be well.../A

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Cant wait to see what your next story is about. Keep up the awesome work.

EmanresEmanresalmost 2 years ago

This was lovely. Wished it was longer. Hope you will revisit this universe as I liked both Smitten and Varna a lot

MimiRayMimiRayalmost 2 years ago

I hate to criticize -- but when there's nothing to criticize, I love it!

In this case, I love it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Sad that it's over. Happy to have been on the journey.

BramblePestBramblePestalmost 2 years ago

Thank you for this story. It was a pleasure to read, I even enjoyed the wait in-between chapters.

DucatastiDucatastialmost 2 years ago

Thanks for sharing another Varna epic, your imagination is fantastic and the tales you weave so believable. Keep up your art and please keep sharing it with your followers - it just might br mind magic 😎

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

What a story! All your battle stories are just so good. Thank you.

ZZchromosomeZZchromosomealmost 2 years ago

So many stories on this sight fail to draw the reader in and get them invested in their characters. Yours do. Thank you for the lovely wrap-up at the end. - Zee

ender2k2kender2k2kalmost 2 years ago

That was an amazing story. Epic in scale and well constructed from start to finish. I will be very happy if you have another story set in this world. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Marvelous! I'm sad it has ended. The only consolation is that you are now free to write another classic. Best wishes.

Hiding_in_PortlandHiding_in_Portlandalmost 2 years ago

I only enjoy reading your stories, and this was no exception.

Alberto_MBFAlberto_MBFalmost 2 years ago

Another outstanding story. Thank you.

Seeker81Seeker81almost 2 years ago

What an amazing story. Sad to see it end but extremely happy to have made the journey.

FljimFljimalmost 2 years ago
Epic

You provide a wonderful gift to all of us who look forward to each and every chapter you post. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Brilliant!!! Thank you for this thoroughly enjoyable story. You are a master of various categories on this site.

unrealtimeunrealtimealmost 2 years ago

I’ve commented before on your amazing versatility. This was just another example of how you take different themes and settings and make them something special. Even when sharing a common history with another work, you develop a unique slant and don’t just retell the same tale.

The usual happy/sad feelings from reading the finale. Thanks again for all the pleasure you bring to your devoted followers.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Small typo at the end:

"She became 'Aunty Gee' to my children with Sanatha"

Uhhhh....

hermit3773hermit3773almost 2 years ago

Terrific from beginning to end!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Simply brilliant. From start to finish. Loved it, as I do all the ripping yearns by this talented author.

HaydenDLinderHaydenDLinderalmost 2 years ago

Bittersweet. Because I loved it! But I never wanted it to end. 5 Stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

A really great story, fantastic characters and memorable moments. The author's best work yet.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Thank you for a wonderful story! Brilliant

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Minor usage error: change "prescriptions" to "proscriptions"

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Such a good story, and well told... Gifted and generous with your talent! Bravo!

rayironyrayironyalmost 2 years ago
A Long , Lush , and unequviocol standing ovation !

I've worn a number of hats over the years,

and i take them all off to you sir.

Pincher73Pincher73almost 2 years ago

Another brilliant story. Thank you for bringing it to us.

silmarillisilmarillialmost 2 years ago

truly gorgeous story telling. AspernEssling, are you planning to return to this world you've created?

jwmcleanjwmcleanalmost 2 years ago

great story loved it all...thank you very much

wayfinderwayfinderalmost 2 years ago

Well done! After all the build-up, drama, and fall-out, the epilogue is a payoff as satisfying to me as that offered by Tolkien after the War of the Ring. Thank-you.

jskin78jskin78almost 2 years ago

Wonderful story. Thank you for letting us enjoy it.

Mack50Mack50almost 2 years ago

Well written ! I enjoyed it! I,m looking forward to more of your stories!

bhojobhojoalmost 2 years ago

you wrote great political fiction with the kind of spice that cannot be found in the mainstream. you are a master. I have read all your world on lit. and i eagerly await any future projects. if only the were more stars I could give you!

Comentarista82Comentarista82almost 2 years ago

Glasha finally conceiving and having a girl segues into a possible sequel--right?!?? I kept hoping we would see "NOTOMOL," but that must have gotten shelved indefinitely. I would love to see you craft a story about Glasha's daughter, not unlike a "what if" someone like Payl had come to rule. Of course, with Glasha not being of the noble line, that daughter could not legitimately claim the title one day even if she wanted to.

You used Tir Tanle remarkably well throughout the war, but I'm surprised how you wrote her out via sudden death; I'm certain you missed a golden opportunity there, since Tanle was such a rich source of wisdom--and we never discovered the true depth of it--and it would have been interesting to have her write some type of treatises on how women could and should legitimately advance themselves in Varnan society (although we have plenty of examples with Bathene, Sanatha, Sirma and Talanassa). and at least alter/guide that society for the better: she was really a unheralded tactician to survive against such incredible odds in Souglad, where too many men **could have** deposed her, taken her lands and exiled her children and heirs from it.

It still bothers me tremendously we never saw anyone replace Sezima. I ask you to PLEASE write a character that matches his wit in another story--AND lives all the way through it! You've got the writing chops for that, so please don't balk at considering it! I felt seriously deprived of not reading anything after "ye gods...we shall certainly not lack for shade!!"

I enjoyed how you wrapped this up, and indeed showed us Tauma grew into his wisdom (not allowing the Portoan Topaz-Order time-walker into the meeting) and always laying down the law with the other 2. Although I did have the above objections, I cannot grouse about how you chose to conclude this tale. Of course you've earned a 5, and another well-deserved one, without reservation. I admire how you write and craft stories that generally leave few threads unresolved.

Richard1940Richard1940almost 2 years ago

A truly splendid ending to an enthralling story. You really are a master of your craft.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Incredible, yet again. Your world building and story telling are second to none. Thank you so much.

HOG57headHOG57headalmost 2 years ago

A great story. I was hoping for more children from G. Thanks

SRWFSRWFalmost 2 years ago

This would make a fantastic movie I think, it is excellently written as always; and your story telling ability second to none, well done.... rgds....

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

🙏, was a great read, enjoyed the characters

Nouh_BdeeNouh_Bdeealmost 2 years ago

Such a beautiful story. Thank you for writing it

AspernEsslingAspernEsslingalmost 2 years agoAuthor

Thanks, Nouh_Bdee

I hope everyone remembers that you were the one who started the whole Leinyere project! Thank YOU, for inspiring 'Smitten' and 'Varna'.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I read many many stories from couple of authors. Almost all-time I have to skip lengthy descriptions, but in any of your story, either it is The Palace, or Hvad,, 3 Sister, Smitten....all of them you written in literotica, I haven't skip a word, I mean 'a word' in any story. Great... You are my favorite than Terry Pratchett... Keep going, I will treasure your stories till my last days.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Thank you. I can't add anything more than the previous commenters, but it's all true. Looking forward to your next, and the same universe would be fine with me. Or whatever you'd like. Thanks again.

SensualSigmaSensualSigmaalmost 2 years ago

I always enjoy your stories, and this was no exception. Thank you kindly for the time and effort you put in to entertain us all.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Great Job! Keep practicing your craft, please.

69GodIsDead42069GodIsDead420almost 2 years ago

This is the first of your fantasy stories I’ve read and I have to say that you have an amazing writing style that is able to make somewhat complex plots with many characters still make sense. I hope you keep writing for this site because I’ve yet to read a bad AspernEssling story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Excellent series!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Delightfully well done. It's unfortunate this buggy 'beta' interface kept me giving you any stars for about two thirds of the chapters.

Doesn't matter if I log in, or not. It's been doing his for at least a year. Reported it many times, but have never seen any attempt to rectify the problem(s). DIsappointing...

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Enjoyed the entire story. I only rated a few of the chapters, the 5 star rating on this one is really for the entire set.

A simpler version of the series by Martin.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Superb! Just as good the second time as it was the first; good writing and a good story never grow old.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Enchanting...!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You owe me some sleep ...

_jaye-

MwestohioMwestohioover 1 year ago

Just a top notch story

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Thanks ‘Spern for another great series. I eagerly await whatever you write next!

Seeker81Seeker81about 1 year ago

My third reading. Like visiting a good companion.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Excellent Story. Well Written and edited. 5 Stars!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Wow.

You are an amazing writer. I will buy your books

romanwajdenfelerromanwajdenfeler9 months ago
Just excellent

After third reading, I'm certain that this is not only your best work but also the best on this site. Borna is close second. Palace third. Love your stuff, thank you for your hard work!

pawsnizzypawsnizzy8 months ago

Thank you so much for that fabulous story - one of the best on the site by far!

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Fabulous story

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Superb epic story ,extremely well written and I am sad to have reached the end. Thanks.

LwcbyLwcby4 months ago

Please, can we have a new story soon???!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Second read loved it

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Well done.

I truly enjoyed it, thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Second reading; just as good as the first time, if not better, in spite of knowing how it would end. lpw

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAspernEssling@AspernEssling
Still writing. More to come. For those who are interested: you may have noticed that I mention music fairly often. That's because I tend to listen to music while I write, so that certain artists/albums become associated with certain stories. Here are some of the connections. G...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Varna Ch. 16 Previous Part
Varna Series Info