Vault 62 Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Cautiously walking out from behind the makeshift wall, Imogene's path was blocked by a guard, who motioned for her to put her dress, underwear, and wallet into the box. Once the last remnants of her previous life were discarded, she was led to another room that was quite large, rows of folded chairs lined up in front of a raised stage with a podium at its front. Imogene took one of the seats near the back and quietly watched the others trickle in, the room quickly filling with bodies of all sizes and adult-ages; she once again noticed that they were all women, including the guards and scientists, causing her eyebrow to raise once more.

Once the majority of the chairs were occupied, a woman who, despite being dressed in the same jumpsuit as everyone else - Imogene recognizing that the number on the back didn't change regardless of who wore it - had an air of authority about her, her head held high, a terse expression that betrayed no emotion on her face. She must be the Overseer! Imogene's eyes were immediately drawn to the assumed leader of the vault's curves, which bulged against the tight fabric surrounding her body, the yellow-and-blue material appearing painted onto her ridiculous voluptuous.

Imogene bit her lip, stifling a flare of arousal that surged through her - damn, she hadn't masturbated that morning either!

"Hello everyone," the woman spoke in an even tone, her voice as stoic as her features, the room going silent, "I wish I could say it was good to see you all here, but as we all know that would be a lie. The world has been thrust into the throes of nuclear war. Apocalypse rains above us. Untold destruction is ravaging the country. And none of us know what will come from it."

Several of the women in the room burst into tears.

"But you are all here because you were chosen. Chosen by Vault-Tec to carry on, to be the future of America. To rise from the ashes of civilization to start anew, and make the world better - and I have been appointed by Vault-Tec to make sure that this vault is a success."

She cleared her throat.

"My name is Dr. Bridget Walsh, and I am the Overseer of Vault 62, the person in charge of the vault. I'm happy to see that it looks like most of everyone made it in time."

Imogene glanced around the room - as did many others - noting that there were very few seats left empty.

"Now, before anything else, I believe we should address the elephant in the room." Imogene was starting to gain an understanding of Bridget's personality, the woman apparently all business, "As I'm sure you've all noticed, there are only women in this vault, including the staff. This was one of Vault-Tec's specifications for the vault, and is in fact the other half of the reason for its existence."

Confused stares were shared amongst the vault dwellers.

"Many of the vaults were designed with a purpose in mind, created as a way to continue scientific progress and ensure that humanity comes out better when we emerge. Vault 62's purpose is to... to test fertility. Everyone here is unmarried and childless, myself included. Some of us have chosen this for ourselves, others have their own reasons. Regardless, all of us - including the staff - will be bearing children eventually, using this facility's specialized Cryo Sperm Bank."

There was an immediate outburst of gasps and protests, some of the women even standing up from their seats in outrage. Imogene didn't move a muscle, however, her arms folded over her chest, contemplating the implications of the information she was just gifted. A fertility vault? Filled with, presumably over a hundred fertile women? And she was more than likely the only futanari!? Things seemed to be looking up for her, but she knew that there would be a new challenge when they discovered her unique sex - but her unique sex she understood was something she could possibly use to her advantage!

Bridget held up a hand in an attempt to silence the rowdy crowd of ladies, stone-faced as ever, patiently waiting for them to calm. Several guards surrounding the center of the room took a step forward, clearly preparing themselves to quell any uprising that might arise. Imogene continued to gaze at the Overseer silently, a plan beginning to formulate in her mind; she'd need to hear a bit more from their fearless leader before she came up with anything concrete, but the seeds had been planted nonetheless.

When the room quieted, Bridget Walsh spoke once more.

"I understand your trepidation, trust me when I say that. I wasn't on board with this idea either when it was first pitched to me - I thought that the executives at Vault-Tec had gone crazy!" Bridget cracked a small smile, immediately easing the most furious of the women - oh, she was good, "And don't worry, you aren't expected to be subject to treatments anytime soon. Discussion about the future and what life will entail from here on out will only occur once you've all settled in and adjusted to living in the vault."

A woman shot her hand out over her head like a student about to ask a teacher if she could use the bathroom.

"I'll take questions at a different time, and I'll be sure to make plenty of one-on-one time for all of you, especially those of you with more pressing concerns. Let me just say this before you're all given the tour of the vault: this is for the best. We don't know how many, if any, people have survived above ground. This vault may be the best hope for the future of humanity, and I hope you will come to understand the importance of what we are trying to do here."

Bridget clapped her hands together.

"That will be all for now. I'm sure you're tired, so after the quick tour, you'll be shown to your rooms before we announce the time dinner will be served. I hope to see you all there."

She gave a final nod to her audience and backed away from the podium before walking off the stage into another room, disappearing from sight. A line of staff quickly members took her place, each with a clipboard in hand, and began to call out names, breaking up the vault's residents into more manageable units; Imogene was so deep in thought she almost didn't hear her not-name being read off, the scientist or whatever they did for Vault-Tec having to say it louder and louder until she was shaken from her pondering. So 'Jane Smith' leapt to her feet and hurried over to the rest in her tour-group, apologizing profusely.

Once her group was completed the woman in charge began to lead them down one of the vault's many hallways and through its seemingly endless rooms, explaining what everything was, along with their purposes; she also warned the line of ladies behind her that certain facilities were off-limits to anyone but staff, which included all the behind-the-scenes areas. Medical labs, offices, and engineering rooms mostly made up the no-entry rooms, along with the Cryo Sperm Bank, of course. Imogene paid close attention to where the last was located, mentally mapping out the layout of Vault 62 like she had so many of the houses she'd broken into in the past, carefully noting the existence and placement of the cameras that appeared to be present around every corner.

Finally they were shown to their rooms, Imogene flooded with relief upon discovering that they weren't shared; their living spaces were also noticeably spacious, large enough to contain an entire second room. The reason for this wasn't lost on her. Closing the door on the remnants of the group that hadn't reached their own abodes yet, Imogene took in her new surroundings, the ones that would make up her 'home' for probably the rest of her life. A double-bed with white sheets tucked into its corner, a wooden dresser, a table with a lamp and writing implements on it - it was pretty bare-bones in all regards, but Imogene had lived in worse!

Plopping onto the bed, Imogene stretched her weary limbs, the events of the day having taken more of a toll on her than she'd realized. She had so many questions racing through her brain. What would happen if they found out she was futanari? Would any of the women she was now living with be susceptible to her unique charms? Could she do something devious to ensure that she was the only way the vault's experiments would succeed? Though her mind was bombarded by a storm of thoughts, Imogene found herself drifting off to sleep anyway, her eyelids drooping until her vision filled with darkness, her consciousness fading...

Imogene was abruptly woken from her short slumber by an announcement from the vault's speaker-systems.

"Residents, it's time for dinner!" A cheery voice rang out, causing Imogene to leap off the bed and glance around her room in a panic, momentarily forgetting where she was, "Please report to the dining hall. If you get lost, simply ask one of the staff for directions or follow the signs!"

Memories of what had led Imogene to this point flooded through her, her body quickly relaxing. Right, apocalypse and the vault and all that. Sighing, she wiped the sleep from her eyes and made her way to the door of her room, pausing only to check that a certain part of her hadn't slipped out of place while she was sleeping. Finding her appearance to be proper, Imogene walked into the hallway, a herd of women doing the same, simultaneously shuffling out of their own bedrooms. She followed them, once again memorizing the layout of the facility. This place was fucking huge!

At the dining hall - which had its kitchen attached - Imogene learned that meals were distributed cafeteria-style, the vault's staff standing behind several counters with heated and cooled basins of food laid out in front of them. She lined up at one of the counters and took a tray, waiting to see what slop she'd be forced to consume for, well ever; to her surprise, the food looked mostly fresh, mixed in with what she recognized as pre-war packaged meals like InstaMash and BlamCo Mac & Cheese. Mood rising at this discovery, Imogene happily heaped on as much of the nourishment as would fit onto her tray.

Looking around the room and its many tables with attached-benches, Imogene picked a seat at its far end, one that had no one else sitting at it. She ate her meal slowly, pacing herself, using the time to study her fellow nuclear-war-survivors; Imogene ogled woman after woman, quickly picking out her favorites, joyfully noticing that there were none amongst them she wouldn't mind bedding! Imogene also, to her dismay, could see that Bridget, the Overseer, and another person with a pistol holstered at her hip were walking around and introducing themselves to everyone - the other female more than likely the head of the guard, if Imogene had to guess, recognizing her as another figure of authority she'd be forced to contend with.

Her quiet observation was interrupted by someone plopping themselves down across from her, the table and its contents shaking.

"Hello! Mind if I join you!?" The woman asked as if Imogene had a say in the matter, "I don't know anyone else here so I thought I'd try and make friends!"

"Oh, um, hey there," Imogene stuttered, caught off-guard by her new eating-companion's sudden presence, "yeah t-that's fine. Um, the more the merrier, right?"

She attempted a smile, which the woman returned in spades.

"That's my philosophy too! Nice to see some like-minded people here!" She laughed as she settled into her seat, Imogene's eyes widening upon realizing why the woman had trouble fitting between the table and the bench, "My name is Felicia, by the way! It's nice to meet you!"

"Likewise. Imo- Jane, Jane Smith is my name."

Imogene silently cursed herself for nearly fucking up already!

"Well, pleasure to make your acquaintance Jane Smith!"

Imogene nodded and smiled again at Felicia, giving her dinner-mate a moment to dig into her own meal before she came up with a topic for conversation.

Keeping her head low, Imogene ate her own food while giving Felicia a series of discreet glances, trying to hide the fact that she was leering at the stranger she'd just met. It was hard not too - Felicia looked to be even curvier than the Overseer! And she was quite attractive in addition to her extreme voluptuousness, shooting her to the top spot of women that Imogene wanted to take for herself. She just had to keep it in her pants until the time was right, a time that would hopefully come sooner than later!

Felicia's complexion was on the darker side, a smooth, unblemished mocha. Her lips were large, as were her sandy-hued eyes, her wide-set nose matching her rounded cheeks, wearing no makeup to speak of - which made sense, considering where they were. She wore her curly hair in a high-bun, the few streaks of gray streaking her midnight-locks giving Imogene the only indication that Felicia must have been a good deal older than she was, though no wrinkles were present on her features. Basically she was a gorgeous, middle-aged woman that Imogene wanted a piece of!

Wearing the same jumpsuit as literally everyone else, the vault's uniform was ill-suited to contain Felicia's ridiculous figure. Imogene noticed that she had to keep her tray of food at the center of the table just to make enough space for her expansive bust to also rest on the surface at the same time; each of the massive mounds - which jiggled constantly as Felicia ate - appeared to be several times bigger than Imogene's head! Felicia had to stretch her arms over and around her colossal chest in order to reach her meal, her elbows digging into the top of her tits.

The groaning of the bench Imogene had heard when Felicia sat down came from the woman's similarly enormous ass. Even while sitting, the futanari could see her new friend's backside crest the rim of the table, her cheeks jutting above it, undoubtedly providing Felicia the plushest cushion to sit on in the entire vault! It was a wonder she managed to stretch the jumpsuit over her rear alone, the fabric having to have been crafted from some kind of magical material to fit the rest of her extreme shape. And Imogene thought she had issues with the outfit!

Imogene had to do everything in her power to stop herself from getting hard - though she didn't stop ogling Felicia whenever she had the chance to.

"So, hun', what do you do for a living?" Felicia asked, covering her mouth with a pudgy hand to obscure her chewing, "Or, um, I guess what did you do? You know, before everything that happened..."

Alarm-bells rang in Imogene's brain - she hadn't come up with a backstory for this 'Jane Smith' character yet!

"Oh, um, well... I-I worked at a, uh, a-"

"Ahem, sorry to interrupt."

They both jolted in place and looked at the two women who had suddenly appeared at the end of their table, Imogene counting her blessing that she had been saved - at least for the moment! It was Bridget Walsh and the guard that Imogene had spotted following her around when she first sat down, a small smile touching the former's lips, the latter lacking any visible display of emotion. This gave Imogene a chance to study the pair, trying not to openly leer at the Overseer's curves - it did confirm for the futa that Felicia was much more gifted when comparing their figures, though Bridget's would still turn the head of anyone she passed - and instead focused on her companion.

Now that Imogene could see the guard up close, she was caught by complete surprise, stunned for one reason in particular: the woman was Asian! Imogene was no racist - far from it - but she wasn't an idiot, despite her lack of a High School diploma; she understood well enough that people of Asian heritage, regardless of their specific ethnicity, were not treated kindly in America. They were viewed with suspicion, citizens and the government alike acting as though all of them were potentially spies for the Chinese, no matter how long they or their families had lived in the country!

Once she got over her shock, Imogene resumed her scanning of the vault staff member who would potentially be one of her biggest adversaries. The woman's black hair was cut short, ending above her ears, her bangs feathered. Her features were delicate but firm, giving no guesses as to the guard's disposition, her eyes perpetually narrowed like she was constantly scanning for any nerdowells that crossed her path; but what really caught Imogene's attention was her body. In a way that was similar to an aspect of Bridget and Felicia's voluptuousness - while contrasting against them - the jumpsuit conformed tightly to her figure but it was because she was incredibly fit, her muscles bulging against her jumpsuit, a firm six-pack visibly protruding from her abdomen.

She was attractive in her own right, but Imogene was more interested in how someone of her background got this job in the first place!

"Oh, think nothing of it!" Felicia greeted the pair, giving them a wave, "It's nice to meet the people in charge of our future!"

"Glad to hear it." Bridget nodded at Felicia before glancing in Imogene's direction, the futa having not spoken a word since she showed up, "I'll introduce myself again: I'm Dr. Bridget Walsh, the Overseer of Vault 62. I wanted to go around and personally meet all of the residents of our vault, and also present to you another important person on our staff."

Bridget took a step back as Felicia told them her own name, allowing the guard to make her introduction next.

"Hello, my name is Mei Nakamura, and I am the Head of Security for Vault 62." Her voice was surprisingly deep, and less surprisingly stiff, utterly neutral in tone, "I'm in charge of keeping all of you safe, though I don't expect that the vault is in any danger. It is nice to meet you Felicia, and...?"

Mei looked at Imogene and raised a thin, dark eyebrow.

"I don't think I caught your name."

"Ah, sorry about that, I was in the middle of chewing," Imogene apologized, holding up her fork with a bit of Salisbury Steak speared on the end of it like she needed to show proof for her excuse, "I'm Jane Smith and it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance!"

Imogene hoped she sounded more confident than she felt!

"Nice to meet you too, Jane." Mei nodded at Imogene, gazing at her for a long time like she suspected something was off about the blonde's behavior, "Anyway, if either of you have any security concerns or see any suspicious activities, please don't hesitate to report them directly to me. I intend to make sure that life in Vault 62 goes as smoothly as possible."

"That's great! Thank you!" Felicia smiled widely at Mei and Bridget, Imogene attempting to mimic the same expression, "It's a relief to hear that we have so many capable women around. Makes this whole... situation easier to deal with, that's for sure!"

"Y-Yeah absolutely!" Imogene joined, trying to sound genuinely appreciative, "I know I feel a lot safer with you two around!"

"Good to hear it."

With that, Mei took a step back and allowed Bridget to take her place.

"Well, ladies, I hope you enjoy the rest of your meals," the Overseer gave Felicia and Imogene each a glance in turn, "I have more introductions to make so we'll be going. But remember, if you have any issues not relating to security, you are free to stop by my office and chat with me about them - and if I'm not available at that time, we can set up an appointment."