Vault Prologue

Story Info
Post-apocalyptic world.
2.4k words
4.15
7.1k
38

Part 3 of the 3 part series

Updated 04/24/2024
Created 04/19/2024
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

All characters are 18 plus. This is a set up so don't expect anything that will make you cum.

Names of our family:

- Dad: Thomas Johnson; 46 years old.

- Mom: Sarah Johnson; 42 years old.

- Oldest Sister: Emily Johnson; 22 years old.

- Me (Second Oldest, male): Michael Johnson; almost 20 years old.

- Twin Sister: Lily Johnson; yeap, she's also almost 20 years old.

- Youngest Sister: Grace Johnson; 18 years old.

It was a nice weekend day. Mom was planning to cook something delicious. Dad was busy with my little sister in the backyard. I still don't get it. Why does my little sister still think she's a kid? Who plays with their father at this age? Dad spoiled her, totally.

"Michael, my son," Dad said.

"Yea, I'm here," I replied.

"Don't you have any plans? Go out and hang out with your friends for once," he said.

"Dad, I hang out with them everyday," I replied.

"Back in my time, we used to go to the forest and do some crazy stuff with my friends. Ever jumped off a cliff?"

"I think there are other things you did which are safe for kids," Mom interrupted.

"Haha, come on, this is totally safe. You were with me there," Dad replied.

"Mom! You did that too?" Lily asked with a surprised face.

"Trust me, it was scary. I did it only for your father. Your father was a hotshot so didn't want him to lose interest in me," Mom replied.

"Hey, what do you mean that I was a hotshot?" Dad asked while showing his biceps.

"Look at your beer belly," Mom said.

"I'm a Dad now. This belly is my identity that I've kids," Dad replied.

"You know they say Dad bod is hot just out of politeness. Like size doesn't matter," Mom said with a grin.

"Mom, too much information," Emily said. When did she wake up? "Mom, Grace is here."

"So what? I already gave her the talk," Mom replied casually. Emily was the shy one in our family. She started whispering with mom. Same old Emily. Always come up with complaints.

"Son," Dad said, leaning back in his chair, "what I was trying to say is, give me the remote. It's my day to watch TV."

I sighed, glancing at the remote in my hand. "You want to watch the news now?" I asked incredulously. "What could possibly change overnight?"

"Nothing. I guess it's just like your games. You play the same thing over and over everyday," Dad replied.

"Yea, most of the stuff remains the same but strategy changes every time," I replied.

"I wasn't talking about gameplay. Anyway give me the remote," Dad replied. I handed over the remote and sat up to check the breakfast. And then we heard something we were praying to not hear for months. There was a cold war going on. We knew something bad would happen but it became worse when the nuclear weapon threat came into the nations. We weren't religious but the moment the nuclear topic came up we all became religious.

It was a national emergency broadcast. We all knew what to do but the problem was we didn't have any bunker to take shelter. All rich people made their own bunker but middle class families like us didn't have the money to build one.

Though the government was helpful. We took a loan to build our own bunker. But the government didn't offer enough money to build one. Our bunker was still a month away from ready. The money we got from the government was enough to build the exterior structure. The crucial one to survive the blast but there was plenty of work to do inside.

We could go to our bunker but we'll die in a month there. The ventilation system was barely ready. We haven't stored any food yet due to no electricity. No bed, no bench to sit or lay down. Who knew the bathroom could eat half of your budget.

"Everyone in the car," Dad shouted while loading bullets in his shotgun. Yea, there was a public bunker. So Dad maybe wanted to go there. We all picked our survivor duffle bag and sat in the car. We have been practicing this scenario for over a year now. But still we all were shaking.

"Put on your seatbelt and hold something," Dad said and started driving pretty fast.

I knew the directions of the public bunkers in our area but Dad was driving somewhere else, "Dad, where are we going?" I asked.

"Son, we'll be dead in the public bunker even if we made it in time," Dad replied. "I want you to be very angry and aggressive now. What are we going to do now is we never even think in our dreams. But if you want to save us, save your family then you have to do it."

I was already nervous but now this. It was too much. I looked back to watch my sisters and they were terrified. Mom was trying to calm them down. At that moment I understood what my dad was going to do and what I needed to do to save our family.

Dad made a quick turn and ran over the footpath. He broke the fence of a house, not just any house. It was our Mayor's house.

"Their bunker is supposed to be empty. They mostly live in their town house," Dad said.

"But they could be here today," Mom said.

Dad somehow knew where the bunker was. He directly drove there and when we got close we saw our Mayor. He was running with his family toward the bunker. Dad started to drive toward the bunker door to scare them away. They tried to get in before we made it but it was too late for them. Opening a bunker takes time. The big vault door started opening and we blocked the path before they got inside.

Mayor was with his son and daughter and there was a woman too, not his wife.

"Stand where you are. Don't make me shoot you," Dad threatened them.

"Chill, chill. It's a pretty big bunker. It's rationed and set up well for at least 20 people," Mayor said while his hands were in the air.

"Girls get inside," Dad ordered.

We were shocked and terrified. Couldn't think straight. "Sarah, take the girls inside," Das was tempered.

Mom came into her senses and started taking my sisters inside the bunker. But the moment dad looked toward the bunker to make sure where his family was, the mayor jumped on him. The shotgun dropped on the ground with my dad and mayor. They were fighting to get the gun. Mayor's son went after my sisters and mom. He blocked the path and told them to go away. Mom didn't wait a second to start a fight with him to make her girls safe.

And I was in the middle of three corners. Dad and Mayor were wrestling on the ground while Mayor's son was beating my mom. When the mayor's son started beating mom my sisters also jumped in.

I looked at the Mayor's daughter and the other woman. They were heading toward my sisters. I gave one more look to my dad and ran toward my sisters. My dad was doing well. I grabbed the waist of Mayor's son from behind and yanked him away from my girls. We both fell to the ground and I didn't waste a moment climbing on his chest and starting punching his face.

I heard a gunshot and stopped punching. I looked behind and saw my dad was standing with the gun. The mayor was beaten up on the ground.

"Please, we have enough rooms for everyone," the Mayor's daughter cried. A big flashlight in the sky. We all looked at it and saw the giant fire smoke in the sky. In a second, we all fall on the ground. The shockwave was freaking strong even this far on the mountain side.

Everybody got freaked out and started getting inside the bunker. My sisters and Mom were right in front of it so they made it fast. Then my dad. I didn't go for the bunker, instead I pinned down the mayor's son.

"Please let my kids in," the Mayor begged. The smoke and fire was getting close.

"Michael, I got him," Dad said, walking forward and pointing the gun at the Mayor's son.

"There is enough for all of us. Please let us in," the woman begged.

"Get inside. It's almost here," Dad said loudly. "Start closing the door."

Mayor's family got together and started walking slowly toward the door. Dad was also walking backward slowly. The hot air reached us. Maybe 30 seconds left to burn everything down here.

"Take my son and daughter, please," the Mayor begged.

"Your daughter can come," Dad said. "Walk slowly and hands up, little girl."

"Honey, she'll kill us in our sleep if we don't take her family," Mom said.

"She won't. She's a sweet girl. Nicole promised that you won't hurt them whatever happened to us."

"We're running out of time," Dad said.

"I promise. I won't hurt anyone," Nicole said, crying while holding his dad's hand. Mayor pushed her forward and I took her hand to get her inside.

"Thank you. Please now take my so..." before the Mayor could finish. Mayor's son jumped on Dad. Mayor didn't waste a second to come toward us.

"Shut the door," Dad yelled.

The door was automatic. It was closing itself. I was thinking of helping dad but the door was pretty close to shut down.

"Press the red button," the Mayor yelled.

I looked at the button and decided I'll take all of them in. It won't be good but we can figure it out later. Dad said in the car that there could be only one king in the Jungle. Humans are the worst animal on this earth. In the public bunker they will eat each other over power not hunger.

The moment I was going to press the red button to stop the door another shockwave hit all of us. This one was pretty big. Must be they bombed near us. The blast sound made us deaf. I don't know what happened when I hit the ground but when I woke up I saw we were inside the bunker with my mom, sisters and Nicole.

Everyone was coming to their senses and when they understood what happened they all started crying. I stood up and walked forward to check the door. It was air tight. I touched the door and felt a heavy vibration and it was becoming stronger.

"Everybody inside," I shouted. Mom helped Grace while Emily and Lily were running together. Nicole was still on the ground and crying. I picked her up and started running too. There was another blast door but it was on the ground. It was a hatch door. I put Nicole down and started opening the hatch. It was manual.

"Lily help me," I yelled. Lily is my twin sister. I treat her like my brother. I called Lily to help me because beside me she was the only one with some muscles in our group. With her help we succeeded in opening the hatch door. The ground was shaking badly. Grace and Nicole started crying in panic. Then we got inside and locked the hatch door.

"Fuck, your father build the S class vault here. Why didn't you guys mention that earlier?" I asked. "Hurry up, we have another hatch to open."

"Where is it?" Lily said, looking at Nicole. Then Nicole pointed in the direction. Two layers before getting into the main bunker area where we will stay. They made two layers to check the air quality outside. First door is automatic so you can open it from the control room. Once you open it then you can run some tests to understand if it is ready to go outside.

When we made it to the living area, Nicole was starting to walk away from us.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"My room. My room is over that way," Nicole said, pointing to a hallway.

"Everyone sit here," I ordered. "We need to set up some rules first."

"Yes, my king," Lily giggled. "I'm sorry. I was trying to lighten up the mood."

I also sat down and with a big sigh, "We all knew this would happen and we've been practicing to face this for over a year. We're lucky that today is our national weekend. If it happened yesterday then only Mom and I could make it. I want you all to accept our fate and think forward."

"What should we do now?" Mom asked.

"First we will investigate the vault. We're six people here so 3 teams," I said. "Mom and Grace check hall number 1. Emily and Lily go to number 2. Nicole and I will check the rest two. Nicole already knows the vault so it won't take much time for us to finish."

"Let's go, Grace," Mom grabbed Grace's hand and started walking. Emily and Lily also followed.

When Nicole and I entered the hallway and couldn't hear others, I said, "Nicole, I know it's not a good time to talk but I was going to press the button to take all of them in."

"I saw that but... I don't want to talk about this. I want to be alone now," she replied.

"Which way is your room?" I asked.

"Room number 06. The last one in this hallway," she replied.

"Can you tell me where I can find the manual of this vault?: I asked. "I read it before but never thought I'd end up one of these."

"There is a copy of the manual in every room. If you're looking for the mastered manual then you'll find it in the control room's locker," she replied.

"Last question, then I'll leave you alone for the rest of the day. Which one is your brother's room? " I asked hesitantly.

"It's room number one of hallway 4 but you should take room number 0," Nicole suggested.

"The one in the middle?" I asked.

"That one is also a control room. You will be able to do some daily check up from that room," Nicole replied. "Or take both. Do whatever you like."

"I don't know how to thank you now after all this but thank you," I replied. "See you later."

"What is it?" Nicole asked. "You have another question, don't you?"

"Aaaa, yea but... Are you okay? I mean are we okay?" I asked nervously and she shut the door right away. Yea, I deserved that. No one was okay.

To be continued. I was watching Fallout and thought yea, I should also write one but with lots of sex.