All Comments on 'Vengeance Delayed'

by Just_Words

Sort by:
  • 88 Comments
chytownchytownabout 2 years ago

*****This is a precious little gem of a story. Great storyline with a great finish. Thanks for sharing.

SwordWielderSwordWielderabout 2 years ago

The only part that's missing is the eventual fallout for the cheaters.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

You lost me! I admit it.

servant111servant111about 2 years ago

Nice lacks emotion thus there is no real hook to catch me as a reader. Thus this reads more like a history text… lots of facts but I remain uninvolved.

4 stars.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapuabout 2 years ago

"You tell me who the real winners are."

-

I will tell you who the LOSERS are...

WE ARE (the readers).

Why? You gave us (the ending part) half of the story.

What do you want us to do with the first HALF details of the story? Make our own half of it?

/

One thing I can say though, the story started nicely that is why I was miffed that it just ended the way it did.

TajfaTajfaabout 2 years ago

I like short, to the point, stories but this felt a bit too short. The fallout could have been expanded to show how the cheaters fared but it's still a good story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnonabout 2 years ago

Perfectly wrapped up.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Keep up the good work. I enjoyed it... I see no reason to complain about a 5.

Enjoyed a few minutes this morning.

GarySmith69GarySmith69about 2 years ago

Revenge is a dish best served cold. Equally a the best Revenge is living well. Nice short story. Thanks.

dbriandbrianabout 2 years ago

PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!

HikingThruHikingThruabout 2 years ago

I liked the subtle shift to a brother secretly avenging for his brother, which made it different enough. Ignore the knobs that need every detail of the outcome from the other pair. Cheaters got exposed, and will have to deal the typical woes of betrayal, and of being called out publicly for their behavior. Those details are generally known, and not the point of this, or most other, stories. IMO, the point here was Jimmy not being able to get over Tom's first wife's betrayal of his brother. So he did something.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 2 years ago

Was an empty twist leading us to think it was his ex when it was really his brother's.

TrustingagainTrustingagainabout 2 years ago

Always enjoy your stories and the vengeance in this one is calming to the soul.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Simple but effective story

mattenwmattenwabout 2 years ago

A very well told story that covers exactly what an "LW" story entails. Love, fidelity/infidelity, trust and respect. And then of course, if necessary, the revenge celebrated with deadly pen! 5*!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

As usual, Just_Words gives us a masterful short story! The message here was brotherly love, and not so much dropping a MOAB on a cheating Slut. Although THAT certainly made having that Scotch on that sun filled deck taste better!

.

4 very strong ****

MordechaiJonesMordechaiJonesabout 2 years ago

I liked this treatment. Sure, sudden justice that doesn't obsess over the target's suffering. Vengeance in this case was a "fire and forget" weapon.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

The best revenge is a life lived well. They will self destruct. He didn't really need to waste money following his ex and her new husband, who she cheated on him with. It just seem like a waste of money, energy and time. The opposite of love is not hate. It's indifference. With indifference, there's no energy, time or emotions wasted on someone who just isn't worth it. With indifference you have moved from love to hate to finally indifference.. indifference is a good thing. This guy hasn't moved passed the hate stage. Otherwise he would've moved on with his life and not give 2 fucks and a bag of dicks what his slutty ex and her equally slutty new man is doing/fucking🤷🏽‍♀️🤧... his action says he still have some emotions for his slutty ex wife. A happy man doesn't follow his slutty ex for proof to show her new douche husband she's still in fact a cheating slut.. I'm sure the guy knew what he was dealing with.. he met her and started banging her while she was married. Why would he think she wouldn't still be a cheating slut? I personally would've minded the business that pays me🙃🙃.. who has the time to be worrying about what a whore and her douche bag homewrecking new hubby is doing? Fuck'em both and move on... his revenge was just ehhhh. a habitual cheater doesn't marry another habitual cheater and actually expect fidelity... I'm not even sure this was a story.. there wasn't much there. It was quick, too quick and it felt like we're missing parts of the story.. we didn't ven get to hear what happened to the cheaters?

FireFox59FireFox59about 2 years ago

Meh. Nice little appetizer for a story but it fell pretty far short.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

As I have said before a good story has a beginning, middle, and end. This has none of the three. What is it with todays writers that think this type of writing, I'm not even going to call it a story, is worth the time it takes to post it?

xMulexMuleabout 2 years ago

5*

When I read, "Let her think I did it," I thought revenge isn't so satisfying as when the target knows who perpetrated it. Excellent twist to discover he did it for his brother and she thinks he did it. Satisfying for both.

GamblnluckGamblnluckabout 2 years ago

Loved it. As always, I too would have liked to hear a little about the fallout around town over the next couple days, but what you wrote was enough. A very satisfying story. 5 stars

RanDog025RanDog025about 2 years ago

Damn! Comments are harsh today. Give something for free and you'd expect everyone to be happy, Right? FUCK 'EM! As usual because Just_Words is such a good author I give thee Sir 5 BIG FAT FLUFFY TWINKLING STARS! Fuck 'em all!

Frank66Frank66about 2 years ago

Ok, it's a 5 story that only gets a 4, because I'm lazy. Lazy like most of us 'comment commandos' who want the whole story laid out for easy digestion. Don't want to have to think too much about it, or imagine my own ending. Want things explained, retribution enacted, and wrongs righted. Some of that we got here, but the explanation.....

Grant_GlapsvidhrsonGrant_Glapsvidhrsonabout 2 years ago

I wish we could all have siblings who get our backs like that.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 2 years ago

Really good, unique story. I had to reread a couple sections to truly figure out it was the brother delivering the vengeance, but not sure I would rewrite it to make it a little less confusing. 5*

BillandKateBillandKateabout 2 years ago

Well done, it took a while for me to realize it was the brother who hired the PI, but that little twist changed my rating from a 4 to a 5. No need to spend words on the fallout - the cheaters get what they deserve and the sister-in-law said it all, "family takes care of family". Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Very well written. It’s very difficult to write a good one-page story, but you succeeded in spades. I give it a 5.

AngstIgnoredAngstIgnoredabout 2 years ago

Nice twist on the usual trope of the guy that's cheated on ALWAYS getting remarried and having a bunch of kids as soon as the ink gets dry on the divorce. This one was different from what I expected, and the entire Cheryl red herring seemed interesting at first, then totally superfluous at the end. Just never had the 'hook' to make it truly engage the reader in an emotional response.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago
The Vengeance Is Good. But Clueless Husbands Are Stupid, Or Cowards

I'll try to keep this simple: If you don't think we were designed and created by a superior being then you can claim complete ignorance, and live your life in ignorance. But otherwise you have to acknowledge that trust is not automatic, it is a decision based on data and experience, and instinct. You trust the person who makes sense, you distrust the person who talks bullshit When the data, including instinct, indicates something is different, you pay attention, or you pay the price. Its Darwinian; stupid and cowardly people tend to have shorter painful lives, and get eliminated from the gene pool. That's life.

In this story an ignorant cowardly husband appears to have rehabilitated himself, another attribute of a superior design. I suspect the cuckold now loves and trusts his new wife more, but that love and trust are no longer blind. The new wife EARNS his love and trust, and respect, everyday. That's what makes his love and trust Valuable; they are not free. Free love and trust are worth what they cost.

So it is self serving, and embarrassing, for the cuck to claim his first wife's deception and betrayal was somehow black magic, not discernible, completely beyond his powers of observation, and instinct. Who wants to admit to being ignorant, or too cowardly to face the truth? But we can give him a pass on his first failure at being an intelligent husband, and man, since he is doing OK on his second try.

Trust is not a virtue, but forgiveness is. It appears the first whore wife still has not earned the first, and does not deserve the second. A thought provoking story. Thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Good story but the ability to let go of the anger and hate goes a long ways towards moving on and healing. The two form a powerful stress and make ones life miserable.

kencorokencoroabout 2 years ago

Just epilogue?

What am I supposed to feel?

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitabout 2 years ago

Only missing the public humiliation.

Longhorn__07Longhorn__07about 2 years ago

Nicely crafted little story. Enjoyed it very much.

-LH

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Very entertaining. A lowkey burn

Regguy69Regguy69about 2 years ago

Very entertaining. I’d like to think I Would be just as devoted to one of my 3 brothers. Fortunately, they’re all still in decades old first marriages. JW, some of the comments seem to come from left field and make no sense. I liked the twist in the story and think you did a great job of bringing us along with telegraphing it. Thanks for your efforts, now get busy on a new story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

The readers had stories by two favorite writers on the same day, Words and DG so I guess we were winners. Thanks! 5 stars

somewhere east of Omaha

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69about 2 years ago

A burn is a burn, feels great!

iameaseliameaselabout 2 years ago

Short and sweet. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

It's no wonder the scoring system is fucked up here. Who the fuck would rate this a 5. You must be either stupid or retarded. You're insulting good writers who work hard to write a good complete story by giving this lazy ass writer a 5 for this little tidbit. Think before you automatically give a shit story a 5. You know maybe use your fucking midget brain once in a while. The most this should get is maybe a 3. I gave it a 1 to offset the stupid people.

26thNC26thNCabout 2 years ago

This was an excellent short story that deserves to be expanded into a full length story. There are many unanswered questions here. My main question is, why is Jimmy so invested in getting revenge for his brother’s betrayal? He seems more upset than Tom about the cheating wife. We need the rest of the story.

JensensloverJensensloverabout 2 years ago

Did I miss the 'prologue' or did you completely skip that and the story to get to the 'epilogue'

Waste of time.

Cringo31Cringo31about 2 years ago

A very nice short story. Well done

johntcookseyjohntcookseyabout 2 years ago

“Speak softly and carry a big stick.” - T.R.

.

Understated with maximum impact. A pleasure to read a piece so tightly executed. Thank you.

p.s. my apologies - somehow I posted this comment on another story - but it was meant for ‘Vengeance Delayed’. Still scratching my head how I could have done that.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I honestly don't see the point of even writing this.....and then posting it on an EROTIC stories website. One star for wasting.my time.

Jetcrash747Jetcrash747about 2 years ago

Once up on a time Tom had a cheating wife, so what she left him, good for him. What goes around comes back around, opps she got caught. Tom’s brother could not help himself when the cheating ex wife started cheating again. Great story 5*****

DFWBeastDFWBeastabout 2 years ago

Thanks, excellent read! Have certainly enjoyed your writing and look forward to more in the future.

Killian

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Anonymous below who wrote But Clueless husbands are stupid, is an idiot. There are no superior beings who created “man”! Belief in a superior being demonstrates a weak mind. All you have to do is look at the observable universe which is hundreds of billions of light years across. No superior being made all of that. It’s just physics.

Grant_GlapsvidhrsonGrant_Glapsvidhrsonabout 2 years ago

To answer kencoro's question: the love and support of a brother. That's what you're supposed to feel.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Kind of a weird wasted story that needs more of a whole lot!!!!!!!

Diecast1Diecast1about 2 years ago

Good story, I like it. AAAA++++

phill1cphill1cabout 2 years ago

Sorry, I don't like tattlers. -2 and take their man cards away. Men handle stuff above board and directly. They don't send pictures 5 years later.

AND, here's a newsflash: the character committed a crime: sending pornography or hate sex pics or whatever it's called.

Second Newsflash: the cheaters, as you call them, probably don't care that the other is cheating, probably expect it.

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShadesabout 2 years ago

Enjoyed the story. A look from a different perspective, very clever. Thanks for writing.

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggartabout 2 years ago

Short but well done, 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Just a case of family taking care o0f family. Poor commenter phil1c may be sulking in the corner about tattlers but life s well as shit happens. Life is about taking care of family and others you love. LP

fritz51fritz51about 2 years ago

Excellant. *****

nixroxnixroxabout 2 years ago

5 stars - I really liked this story.

At first I thought is was the MC that was the cheated party and it was a surprise to find out it was his brother. I can't even imagine my brother doing something like that for me - we were always so competitive. It certainly gave his wife a cautious warning about how her husband would treat her if she cheated. Actually, that is not a bad thing - kind of like an ounce of prevention being worth a pound of cure.

calgarycamperscalgarycampersabout 2 years ago

Great plot !

Loved it.

mfbridgesmfbridgesabout 2 years ago

Family first always!

MikodaMikodaabout 2 years ago

As the law, especially divorce law, is anti male, men should be taking the law back into their hands. And no Phill1c they should not do it above board, you know, the anti male law. They can't draw the vagina card and get away with everything because of patriarchy, fictional abuse. broken nail or leaking faucet. Great example Amber Heard and Johnny Depp. From the beginning Amber Heard was portrayed as the poor poor victim by things I refuse to call women

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Loved the story .

Comments ... !!

I agree entirely with Mikoda .

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Ok, but just a little short on the ending. Aftermath?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Liked the story but I just had a thought about all the chid characters in virtually bevery LE writer...they are ALWAYS GIRLS....98% of the time.

So, I ask this question. When did little boys

become expendable as members of the family? Where did this mindset come from LE readers AND, especially, writer's.

WillowghbyWillowghbyalmost 2 years ago
Shood Git

No Pulitzer coming, but a fun, quick story with a thoughtful twist. Thanks, JW!

Keep 'em comin'.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

To the commenter who thinks it matters that sending the pics in the mail was a crime. Who cares? First, they aren't going to get caught. The risk is nil. Second, and much more important, the criminal code has no relationship to morality. None. The average professional commits three felonies a day without knowing it. Not because they do anything morally wrong, but because "the law is a ass". In fact, in a lot of situations business executives find that doing Z is a crime and not doing Z is a different crime. Welcome to the law.

They didn't do anything morally wrong. That's what matters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago
family !!!!

you did good !

Helen1899Helen1899over 1 year ago

Great little story 5*

DrgwngDrgwngover 1 year ago

Perpetuating the myth….boys have raging hormones' girls do not, and women/ girls need to control that. Welcome to societies cuck trainings school 101. Might help to research the changes in the last few decades before author has another spastic typing attack. Stop allowing everyone to blame the patriarchy for all that is wrong.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Nice twist. Well paced and written

Helen1899Helen1899about 1 year ago

A truly good author. This is a good revenge story,,

oldtwitoldtwit12 months ago

To answer your question at the end, “The Grandparents “ they got the best out of it.

A nice payback story, nice pace nice writing.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

You are the winner here, JW. Five stars for an excellent and highly believable short story with justice served upon those who most deserved it.

PBD2022PBD20225 months ago

Vengeance is absolute truths. Forgiveness is a word in a dictionary. Forgiving a sinner who don't have any remorse is just repeating the act. If you don't want vengeance then separate you are better off than heartache you'll have if you stayed

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

That was great! I loved the fact that it was the brother that exposed her.

Ocker53Ocker533 months ago

Great story, nothing like the Love brothers have for each other⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

He just shone a light on lives well spent and on one that wasn't. The ex-wife didn't like what was exposed. Boo hoo hard luck. If you don't like being seen as dirty don't flob about as a bottom feeding scum sucker 🙂 BardnotBard

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Jimmy?"

"Yes?"

"Are you over it now?"

"Yeah. I think so. She never felt any pain when she betrayed Tom. She feels it now."

.

Actually, Jimmy’s wife ought to be furious. Why? Because Jimmy probably dropped over $10K on having TWO PI’s follow and document Tom’s ex and her husband so that he could fuck them over. Unless Jimmy is making tne BIG BUCKS, that would make quite a dent in the family budget 🤗

.

Still a 5 ⭐️read!

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Nice twist. 5 stars. It isn't just the spouse that feels cheated and hurt. Jimmy needed his own closure.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Excellent. Need more of that Justice around...

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJust_Words@Just_Words
I suppose I write for many of the same reasons that others do. First, I am exorcising my demons. I use writing to explore my thoughts and emotions, sometimes embracing, and perhaps ridding myself of, my darker thoughts and sometimes finding happier themes to celebrate. It s...

SIMILAR Stories