Vengeance is Mine Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Robin Isley sat down and Susan Price began: "As you may know, Brendan Chapel's resignation was submitted for him after he made some very unintelligent decisions, which resulted in the exposure of the Charrington Project as well as opening him up to potential prosecution for a number of crimes."

Price: "You were lucky, Dr. Isley. You are being retained in your current position in the NSA, and there will be further opportunities for you, as long as the Administration remains firmly in good Democrat hands. And in exchange for you not being given treatment similar to what Chapel got, we are expecting you to accept a deal our superiors at the highest levels have agreed to."

Isley said: "You're letting the TCPD and Donald Troy off the hook?"

"Yes." said Price. "A.G. Derrick B. Harland has objected strenuously to the deal; however, he knows as well as the rest of us that if the filthy Republicans regain control of the House of Representatives, they will impeach him."

"Why?" Isley asked, stunned. "What did he do to warrant that?"

Susan Price replied: "He's refused to arrest 'peaceful' protesters at the homes of several Federal Judges, in violation of Title 18, Section 1507 of the U.S. Code, including K.M. Landis, as well as Conservative SCOTUS Justices. We'll never say it out loud that he's wrong, and the Media is chanting that the protests are 'peaceful' so it's okay to protest. But if the repugnant Republicans take back the House, they're totally intent on impeaching him, so he's been told that he will stand down, so as not to give the Enemy any more ammunition."

Price: "Harland ordered the US DOJ Civil Rights Division to shut down the Town & Country Police Department by force, bypassing the Courts. But that fucking bitch Lorraine McGill found out about it. If we ever find the traitor that gave her that secret document, there will be a Death Penalty case. The bottom line, Dr. Isley, is that we've made a deal with McGill and the FBI, and we're going to drop the investigation of the TCPD."

"Even if Todd Burke sues the FBI?" Isley asked. "You're going to leave our Agents bleeding on the battlefield?"

"No." said Price. "We're going to save Lindsey Black and Karl Coleman, and they will still be part of your team, if you want them. But I would strongly recommend they never been seen anywhere near that Town & County again. Let Burke sue; we'll settle with his employee, and he'll find his own Federal and State lawsuits dropped with prejudice. We're honoring the rest of the deal. So... speak now or forever hold your peace, Dr. Isley. Have you anything to say?"

"Just one thing." said Dr. Robin Isley. "May God damn the Iron Crowbar!"

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

7:00pm, Sunday, April 11th. Todd and Teresa had brought their boys to The Cabin for dinner. I also invited Sheriff Griswold to join us, and he did. Todd's boys Doug and Mike went upstairs to help rebuild the damaged part of New Lego City. Little Jack Burke and Ian Troy were in the front room, playing a space war video game. It was a pretty even match between Jack's Klingon Fleet and Ian's Federation Fleet, as both boys were wily tacticians.

Tasha was playing spelling games on my iPad, then brought up a WNBA basketball app game. Carole was not even trying to hide the fact that she was watching us adults very carefully, and not just watching with her eyes.

Around 8:30pm, Todd said to me "Uncle Don, can we talk outside? You too, Teresa."

"Sure." I said. "I'll start up the fire pot."

Sheriff Griswold sat down by Carole and began discussing the Nancy Drew book Carole had read, along with her new mystery story that she hoped would fool me. Bowser and Buddy came outside with me, Teresa, and Todd, and went around the house and down the path to inspect their territories and do their business.

Meanwhile, I lit up the fire pot and sat down in my regular seat on the metal mesh loveseat, while Todd and Teresa pulled up metal mesh chairs from the metal mesh table.

Todd said "Teresa and I were talking about that meeting this morning, and the possible ramifications. BOW Enterprises will be all right, even if we lose the Government contracts. The money we laid out to start up the Apple Grove facility as well as the projects near Teresa's hometown has been almost fully recouped, and everything is going well."

Todd: "But if the Federal Government does come against us, I have options. As you know, BOW Enterprises is in partnership with Ichimoku Industries in Japan, and with Zion Dynamics, based in Israel. We're collaborating on a lot of good research stuff. If push came to shove, I could move to Japan, or to Israel where Mom is."

"Move?" I gasped. Then I looked at Teresa.

She said "Yes, I would have to go with my husband and our children. We're operating on the thesis that if Todd's lawsuit goes forward and they come against the TCPD in retaliatory response, you and I will be out of our jobs and forced to retire, which we can do as Medal of Valor recipients."

Teresa: "They'll probably force Jack Muscone to retire from the FBI, so he may have to pack up Tanya and Pete and his daughters and move somewhere. And Cindy could re-retire and go to work for her father, and begin learning the ropes to take over 'The Vision' when he retires or passes away. So our question is... what would you do?"

I said "I haven't thought about it. I've got options... the SBI, or back to my roots and degree, and do Chemistry work. Or I might just be the spouse of the next President of the University."

It was Teresa's turn to gasp. "Is Laura taking the job after Dr. Wellman retires in May?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "I dunno. What I did observe this morning is that Governor Sharon Marshall was the only person in our meeting that would not really be affected by that Faustian deal, as you so accurately called it, Todd. So why was she at the meeting? I would submit she was in our County and on Campus this morning, but the meeting masked her being there for another reason. And Carole mentioned that Laura had gone (air quotes) 'grocery shopping' this morning..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Half an hour later, Todd went inside and was corralled by Carole for a philosophical discussion of nanotechnology, which Carole had heard mentioned on a Star Trek episode... and mentioned again by a big Star Trek fan, our resident Iron Klingon, Sheriff Griswold.

Having sufficiently distracted the Junior Crowbar for the moment, the Sheriff came out onto the deck with three shot glasses and a bottle of Wild Turkey Rare Breed bourbon. He poured three shots and we clinked glasses and down them. He refilled the glasses for us to sip the bourbon.

"I just wanted to thank you for trusting me in a moment when I really needed you to." said the Sheriff. "You have no idea how hard that was to do that in front of our Officers."

Teresa said "I admit, I was angry. And a lot of that was because it was my husband that was nearly murdered. But the Iron Crowbar figured out what you were doing. Nothing gets past him."

"Some things do." I replied. "I really thought they would have to follow the law and go to Court before they could charge the TCPD with civil rights violations... and that they would do so. But you were right, Sheriff: Derrick B. Harland is so corrupt that he would have tried to shut us down by decree and physical force."

I continued: "I should have realized it, after hearing that Derrick Harland refused to protect Conservative Federal Judges while protecting Leftwing Federal Judges. And in my zeal to bring the fight to the real racists and expose them for what they are, I didn't take into account the danger to our Officers. I was wrong, and you were right, Sheriff."

Griswold growled "I only knew it because EAD Lange briefed me on it. He wanted Jack Muscone to tell you, and get you on board with it, but both Jack and Tanya agreed that you wouldn't listen to him, so I agreed to talk to you about it. And then that flower shop incident happened before I could tell you."

Griswold: "And it was further complicated when Coleman planted that gun and tried to push Todd on it, so that he could murder Todd in cold blood. I don't blame you a bit, Teresa, for taking your husband's side on that, and you have every right to be angry. But I still had to let Lange take them out of there, for the sake of the TCPD."

Teresa said "I am angry... at myself. I should've just gone in firing at Coleman's head, and Lindsey Black's head, too. And next time... I won't hold back."

Griswold said "I hope there won't be a next time. And I hate to ask this, Teresa, but------"

"Then don't ask it, Sheriff." I said, interrupting him. "Don't put Teresa on that spot. I had enough trouble with Tanya's divided loyalties between her husband and the TCPD."

The Sheriff gaped at me, his eyes wide. I continued: "And furthermore to this subject, sir: if Todd does sue, which will expose the dirty FBI agents, then if the DOJ moves against the TCPD, the People will know it's retaliation, and an abusive exercise of Totalitarian power. So I don't think they'll risk it."

The Sheriff stared at me for a second, then exhaled and nodded as he began to fully understand what I was saying. "All right, we'll let it play out. Let's hope it works out for the best."

Teresa stood up and said "I need to collect my four boys and get them home and into bed. I'll talk to y'all tomorrow." The Sheriff and I also stood up, and Teresa gave him a hug, and he hugged her back. Then she and I fist-bumped and she went to the door, let Buddy and Bowser back inside, then went in herself.

"I almost made a bad, bad mistake, didn't I?" the Sheriff asked. We both knew I'd stopped him from asking Teresa to convince Todd to not sue the FBI, and that she would not only have refused, but her respect for the Sheriff would've been forever destroyed.

"Yes sir." I said. "But we've all made some bad mistakes on this one. And as you said, we'll see how it plays out...

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

2:00am, Monday, April 12th. Laura and Paulina were asleep in the master bedroom. Unable to sleep, I got up, got dressed, and went out onto the back deck. I didn't light the fire pot, but just looked out over the twinkling lights of my Town in the total darkness and stillness enveloping me.

What is wrong with this world? I thought to myself.

We did the right things at all times... yet we have to accept a 'compromise' with corrupt Federal Agents and corrupt Federal Government officials? As if we are the criminals, and the violent criminals we correctly enforced the law against are coddled and protected? Even after one of my female Officers was brutally raped and nearly murdered? And after arrogant, dirty Federal Agents nearly murdered my nephew? Not to mention how they tried twice to steal a very generous woman's inheritance, that she endowed to a Hospital so that children could be cured of rare diseases?

And now... my family is being ripped apart. My nephew may have to leave the country... leave America!... to continue to provide people with new innovations that better their lives. And that very generous woman, his wife, and my most trusted friend and associate, would have to leave the job she loves, to go with him and his boys.

And Tanya and her son Pete... who is almost as much a part of my family as my blood children... may have to move away. And Cindy, who is my blood cousin, but is much more, may leave, though not as far. Tanya, Cindy, and Teresa are my Angels, but they are being ripped away from me, because of corrupt Federal Government people that we have to accept a dirty compromise with...

The light of a train appeared out of the western horizon, and grew larger and brighter as it came towards Town before taking the curve southward just before the River. As I watched it, and the wail of its horn reached my ears in the breeze, I momentarily closed my eyes. When I opened them, the sky was lighting up, heralding the approaching dawn...

Part 16 - Aftermath

"This is Bettina Wurtzburg, KXTC Channel Two News!" shouted the redheaded MILF reporterette at 7:00am, Monday, April 12th, from the Anchor Desk of the KXTC studios. "The CEO of BOW Enterprises sues the FBI!"

After the hard-charging intro music, Bettina began: "In a shocking incident last Friday at Beverly's Flower Shop, FBI Agents verbally and physically harassed the employee working at the shop, and then physically assaulted and attempted to murder the flower shop's owner Todd Burke, who is also the CEO of BOW Enterprises! They also physically assaulted Mr. Burke's attorney, who was with him at the time."

Bettina: "Mr. Burke is filing a lawsuit in both State and Federal Courts against the FBI and the Federal Agents involved, and his employee confirmed to Channel Two News that she is also filing a lawsuit against the FBI. Additionally, Mr. Burke swore out a criminal complaint against two of the Federal Agents. Mr. Burke said this during a Press conference yesterday. Roll tape."

Tape rolled, showing Todd Burke at the BOW Enterprises Press Room, addressing a large gathering of propagandists------ er, reporters. After announcing the lawsuit, Todd said "Federal Agent Karl Coleman... again, that's Federal Agent Karl Coleman, K-a-r-l C-o-l-e-m-a-n... planted a gun on the floor and told me to pick it up. If I had, he would've shot me dead with the gun he was pointing at my head from inches away. When I refused to help him murder me, he came behind me and was going to push me down onto the gun and then shoot me."

Todd: "While that was happening, Federal Agent Lindsey Black... that's Lindsey Black, B-L-A-C-K... verbally browbeat my flower shop employee, then physically accosted her and was going to arrest her without a warrant..."

FBI Special Agent In Charge Jack Muscone had been standing next to Todd. After Todd was finished, Muscone came up and said "We have received this evidence and the formal criminal complaint from the Town & County Police Department. I have sent this information to the FBI's Office of Professional Responsibility for further investigation of the criminal actions of Agents Lindsey Black and Karl Coleman, and they have opened a formal investigation."

Back to Bettina live: "Mr. Burke released the following footage from the flower shop's video cameras. We must warn you that this footage is disturbing. Roll tape." Tape rolled, showing the verbal and physical harassment of Beverly, then the violation of Todd and Rudy Lewis's Constitutional rights, to put it mildly.

Bettina: "Todd Burke is the son of Police Commander Donald Troy's sister, and Mr. Burke is married to Police Lieutenant Commander Teresa Croyle. Neither Commander Troy nor Commander Croyle responded to repeated requests by KXTC for comment, but Police Chief Sean Moynahan issued a statement saying, quote, 'The TCPD has obtained arrest warrants for FBI Agents Lindsey Black and Karl Coleman, and material witness warrants for Agents Nancy Harding and Cabe Andrews. If they ever return to this State, they will be arrested.', close quote."

Bettina: "And in other news, George Aurus, the Black Velvet Killer, was shot and killed in a gun battle with Federal Agents at the University Museum. The FBI issued a statement saying that Mr. Aurus was attempting to steal the Statue of Artemis from the Museum, and that he was armed and drew his weapon to shoot the Federal Agents, giving them no choice but to return fire. Now let's go to our political reporter Carl Lemay for a breaking story. Carl!"

"That's right, Bettina!" said the handsome black reporter in his well-fitting, expensive suit, reporting from the roof of the building at Riverside and College, with the Federal Building across Courthouse Square as his backdrop, as if that would make his story more relevant or truthful. "The U.S. Department of Justice Civil Rights Division is ending their investigation of the Town & County Police Department!"

Lemay: "Spokeswoman Ava Hinds, who was leading the investigation, made this statement yesterday. Roll tape."

Tape rolled, showing Ava Hinds at a ubiquitous Federal Government podium in Washington, D.C., saying "The TCPD has made sufficient improvements in diversity in hiring and promotions, and has taken steps to be more cognizant of the concerns of People of Color with regard to their policing actions. Therefore, the Civil Rights Division is ending their investigation of the Town & County's Government as well as their Police Department with no charges to be filed against them..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Applause broke out in the Major Crimes Division room, where MCD, Vice, and Intel Detectives and Officers were joined by their Lieutenants to watch the broadcast as a group... and to rapidly consume the doughnuts provided by the Police Chief and Police Commander. You would think they were starving, what with the speed with which those doughnuts met their destinies.

Applause also broke out in the Main Conference Room, where Captain of Detectives Claire Michaels, Sheriff Griswold, Lt. Commander Teresa Croyle, Your Iron Crowbar (me), Chief Sean Moynahan, Deputy Chief Tanya P. Muscone, FBI Special Agent In Charge Jack Muscone, Chief Deputy Sheriff Cindy Ross, and Public Relations Officer Captain Damien Thompson sat around the table, in that order.

"You did it, Commander Troy." Teresa said. "The USDOJ closed the case against us, and KXTC broadcast it."

"And they didn't sayyyyy it," drawled the Chief, "but the official Letter they sent me yesterday stated that there was noooo wrongdoing by the TCPD, totally exonerating us."

"What about Mayor Daniel Allgood?" Tanya asked with a twinkle in her eye. As is her wont, she was asking the 'impertinent' question.

The Chief said "My letter said that the investigations against both the Police and the Town & County Government were being cloooosed, with no negative findings."

"That may be as close as they get to truly exonerating Daniel." I said. "If I were him, I'd issue public statements (air quotes) 'declaring victory'. But it's his call."

"So it's over?" Cindy asked. "Even though Todd is suing the FBI?"

"Yes." said Jack Muscone. "They're going to settle with Beverly and with Rudy Lewis. They're going to put Todd's civil and criminal complaints into the Court of Federal Judge Ruth B. Taney, who will dismiss them with prejudice, and all appeals will be unsuccessful."

Muscone: "The OPR on Black and Coleman will go through the system, and then will be squelched at a higher level than the FBI Director. That's to cover the FBI brass's asses, and Black, Coleman, Andrews, and Harding will become Agents for the Department of Homeland Security under the supervision of one Dr. Robin Isley. And the story will die down... the great Rush Limbaugh called the Mainstream Media the 'drive-bys', and this story will also fade away."

And it would. Beverly would receive a settlement of over $800,000, and Rudy Lewis $600,000. Todd refused to accept a settlement, and his lawsuits were rolled together into one at the Federal level and summarily dismissed. But he did not lose any of his contracts with the U.S. Military, nor be given any problems vis-a-vis his businesses in the area of Teresa's hometown...

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

9:00am, Monday, April 12th. The Duty Desk Sergeant escorted William Farnsworth, Esq. of Succup & Payne, P.C. to my office. After shaking hands, I invited him to sit down, but he stood in front of my desk. I sat down, anyway.

"I was hired by George Aurus, through intermediaries." said Farnsworth. "He named you as the Executor of his Last Will and Testament." He handed me the will.

Farnsworth: "He also directed me to give you this key to a safe deposit box at the J.P. Goldman Bank. Inside it are instructions for setting up a trust fund in his name to provide for the care and counseling of abused and at-risk boys. He did not tell me where the money was, but said you would either know, or be able to figure it out." He handed me the key.