All Comments on 'Vengeful Storm Ch. 01'

by warrior_wolf

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
HonourHonourover 15 years ago
Hooray

I am so glad you have decided to go back and rework this tale since it sparked a short story of my own. Keep going I am sure you will get to the conclusion this time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Great.

Can't wait for the next chapter.

Jackspeed2uJackspeed2u11 months ago

It makes no sense, words are just thrown together hoping a logical sentence is formed.

You cannot have “exponential levels”. By definition a ‘level’ is a plateau or a constant of a thing. While ‘exponential’ is a rate or an amount of change of a thing. Completely different things.

Adding atmosphere to planets in this solar system. Nope can’t be done. Why? Mercury is too hot and doesn’t have enough gravity to hold one even if it was cooler. Venus has one and its acid. Mars could hold a thin atmosphere due to its low gravity but it has no magnetic shield so it would just be stripped as soon as it started to form. To fix the field you need to massively increase the iron core size, then melt the entire thing, then add billion of tons of uranium that will decay and keep it hot, then get the entire core spinning inside the planet. Jupiter has an atmosphere but no real planet surface. Saturn has an atmosphere but no surface. Naptune has an atmosphere as does Uranus but both are frozen.

Found a solar system? No you didn’t. There is only one ‘solar system’ and we are in it. It is the planetary system of the star called Sol. Every other system is a ‘star system’.

Dozens of planets… ok but still only 2 are habitable. No matter how hot the star is the radiant energy decreases in relation to the inverse square law. Go twice as far out and you have a quarter of the energy. So a very hot sun has its habital zone way out from the star while a cool star has its habitable zone in close. Planets can only be so close before they reorder themselves or throw other planets out of the star system completely. It happened in our solar systen, both the reorder of planets and kicking planets out.

You can’t miss a galaxy so that you can find it later. We know every galaxy for hundreds of millions of light years from us. So leaving the solar system to go to another star system in the Milky Way galaxy is reasonable. But then finding a galaxy that was unknown until you went to that new state system is ludicrous. The new galaxy wouldn’t have dozens of planets and hundreds of moons but hundreds of billions of planets and trillions of moons. But you’d never know since there are a few trillion stars present and you will never search them all. Let alone be able to visit every one. Never mind it’s a few hundred thousand light years across a galaxy and andromeda Galaxy is close to us at a mere millions of light years away. We also live in a region of the universe that’s a barren desert. There is hardly anything here in this huge void, the hugest of known voids. Everything except us and andromeda are heading away from each other so trying to catch a galaxy that’s running away is ridiculous.

So given all that, keep the story inside the Milky Way, or if you want intergalactic travel then use andromeda as it will have the same star types and planet numbers as the Milky Way. Remember Star Trek is all within the Milky Way.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous