Venus in Her Prime

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

'It's what has to be.'

'And what's in Swan Hill for you?'

'A chance to reconstruct my life. I'm putting my marriage back together, Sean. It's the only way.'

The words came to him like a blow.

Since he'd set up his studio Sean had few opportunities to meet like-minded women, he wasn't much of a scene freak, he felt, didn't go clubbing. While still at university, there had been two quite different girls who turned out to be not who he thought they were. Since then, random one night stands, just meaningless one-offs. Nothing serious. But he didn't want to risk getting hurt again, so was determined not to let a woman affect him deeply. But Deborah had broken down so many of his barriers.

He thought of the deeps touched during their intimate talk. He now wanted to be with her, talk with her, their bodies to be one body. Share the depth of emotion she had awakened in him.

But a few days later Sean was surprised when he went to answer a knock on the door of his flat.

Deborah was standing there on the porch, etched against the night's darkness. The angles of her face were more sharply accentuated and heavy shadows lay beneath her eyes.

'I've walked out on Seth for good,' she said.

Sean looked at her. 'How did you get that bruise? Did he hit you?'

'Yes, punched my face, held my arms while trying to force himself on me, she said, her voice emotionless. 'He's started to drink mornings now, before leaving for work.'

She then pulled up her sleeves, there were further welts on her arms.

'He tried to force me down on the bed and ... he was so angry. Said some of the men at the pub said his wife was carrying on. They said his wife ...'

'Should you call the police?'

'No. I don't want to take this any further. That part of my life is finished.'

'Good. Because you'll never go back to Seth. You'll move in here?'

'No. I arranged with an agent about getting a place of my own, this afternoon. I'm moving into my own flat next week.'

'But I want you here.'

'If I were a few years younger, I wouldn't hesitate. But I'm realistic enough to know. Making a fool of myself. Pushing myself onto you,'

'I'm doing the pushing.'

'But what happens when you get tired of me?'

'Who's to say I shall?'

'Inevitable isn't it?'

'No!'

'Not serious are you?

'Don't I look it?'

'Yes.'

'You're everything I want and a lot more besides.'

12