Vermillion: Seeking

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

````````````````````

Later that night a fully informed Luna got dressed for her date. April came over and greeted Nick and Dom casually, before touching Luna's forehead. She revealed all that she saw or heard about her father, most were locked away (blocked by an unknown force, one that April could not challenge).

Now she wore a forest green pouf dress (sleeveless) with a bright yellow ribbon tied at the side around the waist. Her shoe of choice were wedge sandals. She didn't have many accessories, but she had a few bracelets deciding on the malachite bracelet. She brushed her hair and put on lipstick before checking a mirror to look at her entire assemble.

Nick didn't meet her downstairs, but was already suited up in a dark suite waiting outside for her. Luna made her way around the stone walls of the castle toward the edge of the hill. Nick stood there looking down at the blinking lights of the city.

Cars passed by quickly, rushing to whatever destination that was needed to be reached. Sirens blared on a police car catching a teen who swiped a wallet on the street. The conversation was short, as the officer gave the kid a warning, it was his first time stealing (not that he needed the money).

Sometimes people did things on impulse, to feel something other than dead. Luna wasn't an impulse, but Nick slowly felt as if he were drifting away from the part of his persona that kept him at a distance. He turned around and held out his hand. To feel her warmth was to feel his heart beat, feel the blood in his cold veins flow like a rushing river.

Luna took his hand almost on instinct and smiled. It was an electric charge that sparked when their hands met, an undeniable skip of the heart, and loss of breathe from nerves as well as fear. "Do you know why I asked you out?"

"I think so." Nick smiled back "Do you know why I came?"

Luna opened her mouth, but Nick beat her to it. It was a rush of wanting to finally say it rather than hiding it deep inside.

"I'm sorry for being selfish, but I can't let you say it before I do. Either way I wanted to see your smile, your joy." Nick took her other hand and took a glance into those canary eyes that lit up his night, illuminated his days, and pierced through the veil of his dreams. His sun and moon, his entire life was here in his hands. "I love you, Luna."

Luna felt her face heat up, love wasn't something that she scoffed at. But she never expected it so suddenly. It all felt right, falling into place. Her heart raced at the confession and nearly knocked her off her feet.

Standing firm and looking at Nick, as himself, not as the king, but as a friend and someone she truly cared for Luna's grip tightened. "I love you, too." A million fireworks went off inside Luna, she couldn't comprehend the small bursts that filled her with euphoria.

Nick leaned down and took her lips within his own. They parted slightly, before clinging to one another. Glued together, tasting their love on one another's tongues, they stood for minutes before parting again.

"That's not the only reason I wanted this date tonight, Nick. I have something else to tell you." Luna told him.

"Okay." Nick didn't sense any bad vibes, but agitation. Her breathing became shallowed, her cheeks were full of color, and her palms were warmer than usual. Obviously this was embarrassing to speak out loud, but Nick would listen no matter what it was.

"Nick." Luna made sure that his eyes were on hers when she spoke, calm and focused "I want to lose my virginity to you."

This should have blown Nick away, though it was unexpected this didn't dissuade the prior tender moment that was had. "I want you to make love to me."

Nick kissed her forehead "I'm over the moon, honored that you'd want me to be your first time. But little succubus, tonight is not the time."

Luna nodded "When things have settled then-

"Then, I'd have no choice, but to cherish you." Nick kissed her palm and held her in his arms "Lets enjoy our time together in Romus, clear the slate with Sirus, and end the drama finally."

Luna wrapped her arms around him, and in their embrace smiled against his chest listening to his heart lull her softly "Sounds perfect."

And to him she truly was that.

`````````````````

Two weeks passed in no time. Everyone had packed and shuffled for the trip to Romus. This time Nick sent for the private cars which nearly had Luna orgasm as she never expected this moment to ever come. She, Nick, Dom, and Brina sat in the first car while Areya opted to take the second with Alex rather than being crammed together all at once.

The interior was black leather with black carpeting, silver buttons and several compartments near the bottom side of the doors. Everything was spick and span, including the driver, his name was Gary (and he was afraid of Alex which was the real reason for Alex being in the second car). Gary had already ensured those riding along that the drive would be four hours and possibly a few minutes depending on traffic.

"Luna, can you press the snack compartment?" Dom asked. Luna looked at him strangely, how the hell was she supposed to know where the snack compartment was?

"It's that button on the side, first one." Dom pointed at a small black compartment that sat above attacked the car door below the window. Luna pressed the first button and the small wing opened down revealing nonperishables, mostly chips.

Dom reached across Luna to grab a snack size bag of Funions. "Brina, would you like anything?"

Brina shook her head "No thanks, I'm not hungry."

"Count, Luna?"

"Fine, Dominic." Nick never needed to eat, sometimes he wondered if Dominic forgot that. Another fact was that Nick only stocked the compartment for Dominic, he didn't really touch junk food too much.

"No, you have no Cheetohs. So screw you." Luna joked closing the compartment.

"Cheese puffs are better." Dom whispered.

"Your boyfriend is annoying." Luna smiled at Brina who grinned back.

"Dom's very vocal when it comes to what he believes in. Mainly food and his majesty."

"I cook a lot-

"And he's sort of thin." Luna added.

Dom squinted at her "What does that have to do with anything?"

"Oh, I just think you eat a lot for someone so small."

"You're not exactly-

"If I can interject." Nick held his hands out to stop the argument from starting "I think you left one thing off that list, Brianna. Surely you know as I do, that as much as he believes in me he believes in you too."

Brina blushed rubbing her face "Your majesty.." The kind words from Nick and love gaze between Brina and Dom ended the conversation entirely.

The rest of ride went on in silence for the most part. Luna who was new to Vermillion would stop and stare outside of her window watching the new sights coming toward her. She stopped a few times to ask and Nick, Dominic, or Brina answered to the best of their knowledge. If she were going to live there she had to know about the other cities, lands, learn the history. It was exciting and new for her.

``````````````````````````````````````

Luna never closed her eyes even when she felt tired, she desperately wanted to see Romus. And she was not disappointed. Crisp leaves drenched in sunlight swayed gently upon the wind high in the trees in a variety of apple, marigold, copper, and tangerine hues. It was a fall coveted city with a ocean blue sky that held no clouds.

The car made it's way down a dirt road then up onto paved streets. The structures were cream and clean, residential areas were nearest to the city limit sign right at the edge of the dirt road, plazas were scattered about, a shopping mall was the newest feature to Romus and sat to the center right in the central part of the city, next to it on the left were companies crammed with other owned or sponsored businesses, the hospital was uptown, the clinic was downtown (dentists and other specialists were too), restaurants uptown, fast food downtown, thrift stores and outlets were nearly everywhere, game shops, gift marts, and a supermarket were downtown.

In the center of Romus was the largest maple tree in the whole of the city (and kingdom), unlike the other trees these leaves weren't staying one color. Each leave was slowing fading to yellow then orange, red to orange, orange to brown, and back as it glimmered.

There were booths, carts, games, and tents set up around the elderly tree that had seen its own hardships. People were laughing, running with food, trying to pop balloons with darts, and blowing bubbles galore. It was a fun and precious moment, especially for children. The harvest festival was a simple gesture to celebrate that tree and those who brought in the first harvest in a grueling winter that went down in the pages of Romus' history books.

The car circled half way around the tree with onlookers who were wondering who could be in those fancy black vehicles. Lord Romus never took limos or private cars, he drove himself from place to place, but when on route on a diplomatic visit or something political he'd let his driver take the wheel.

Once they had made it up a paved driveway far off from the city through iron gates, Luna noticed the large beige building (Lord Romus' manor), with topiaries off at the side of the road, a clear way towards the entrance door. There were a few flowers that sprouted around (Luna guessed, because of Lord Romus' wily side), but lots of fresh, juicy grass to behold.

Someone was already waiting for their arrival at the front doors. Luna could see clearly who it was and smiled. Once the car came to it's final stop, Gary helped everyone out of the car and then went to check on the other driver. Despite them having a driver, both Alex and Areya got out on their own without any fuss and started walking towards the door. The luggage was taken by a man with a bald head wearing a tight green suit and taken straight into the manor.

Nick, Dom, Luna, and Brina gave a goodbye to Gary before he jumped into the car and drove off following behind the other private car. After that the foursome went to the door where a certain someone bowed before them.

"Marley, it's nice to see you again." Nick gave her a hug, Brina did the same. Dom however stayed put, but Luna shook her hand (partly to test her strength, it had seemed that becoming a werewolf out of anger didn't hurt Marley. She was lucky for that, she had adapted).

"Luna, I hope this time around we can get along." Marley smiled graciously like a hostess.

"Same, I'll put away my claws as long as you put away yours."

"Deal. Dominic." Marley gave a forced smile, they knew one another, but weren't friends (and probably never would be).

"Marley." Dominic said her name with a drop of distain from her last visit.

"Lord Romus is overjoyed that you've come. Please, come in." As if her words were a trigger the doors opened and Marley disappeared inside.

The royal guests followed her into a lofty entry way with bold ivy wrapped columns and a lengthy red carpet that led into another room, overly prices paintings hung on every wall, two marble staircases sat on opposite sides of one another that led up to the second floor.

Luna whistled looking around, this was grander than Nick's grand hall. Maybe a little much, but pretty. Marley took them into the next room where crystal chandeliers shaped in the form of water droplets hung giving off a honey toned light.

People sat on benches off to the side, some stood, while Mason sat on a lemon colored couch next to a bay window that revealed several maple trees and a lush lake. He was in a corner talking with another noble. Actually...Luna scanned the room, they were all nobles or royals invited to stay and celebrate the harvest festival. The common people were probably hiding from all the opulence, Luna thought.

"This is a small turnout, just twelve." Nick whispered in her ear. It wasn't the quantity of people that shocked her, but the fact that royals and nobles would come to celebrate a festival that's so common, it happened every year, and wasn't required of them to attend.

"Yes, but Lord Mason is still quite popular. He received stacks of envelopes, some thank you letters. Problems arise, and we can't fault them for not coming when disaster could strike." Marley noted and waved towards Mason.

Marley wore a rich sunny silk robe with long sleeves, a V-neck, in maple tree print, and warm colored low heels. Her hair was tied up into a ladder braided bun tied with a yellow ribbon.

Luna herself wore a lavender strapless dress with matching wedge sandals and a turquoise sea-stone necklace that she bought shopping in an old thrift shop lost in Verdure. Brina was in a pine colored halter top, layered black skirt, and black strapped sandals. Dom like Nick wore a dress shirt (his was white, Nick's was an ethereal blue) and light flat front pants (Nick's were dark and cuffed).

Mason came over in a summer suit shaded in apricot with a pale pumpkin undershirt, no tie, and a very gleeful beam in his eyes. He instantly pulled Nick into a hug lightly patting him on the back "You came."

"Of course. It's been some time since I've last laid eyes on Romus." Nick slid his hands into his pockets "Elizabeth did enjoy the festivals, they brought out a different side of her. And she tried taking me every chance she got."

Mason laughed "I know, you've told me. And I've seen your sister when determined, she nearly dragged you and the entire castle once."

Nick chuckled "Well I'm glad to be here, Dom decided to be an actual guest this time and Luna wants to become friends with Marley."

"Hey." Luna smacked him on the back playfully "We're just starting over, nice to see you again Lord Romus." Mason shook her hand, then Dom's, then Brina's.

"Brianna, I remember when your mother used to walk you down the streets of Romus. You're still as lovely as ever."

"Thank you for your compliments." Brina said "It's weird, I saw Alex and Areya head in first and now they're nowhere to be seen."

"Oh, don't worry they promised to get settled quickly and join us downstairs. Apparently I have another guest, not someone that I now, but I welcome all newcomers. Do you mind if whisk her away, Dominic?"

Dom shook his and watched as Brina locked arms with Mason before sitting in a corner to catch up. It was news to Luna that Brina and Mason even knew each other, not all weres knew one another.

"So who wants to fill me in?" Luna asked.

Nick smirked at her "Brianna is his cousin."

"Like cousin cousin? I didn't know that he had any family."

"She's his surviving relative." Marley interrupted "Brianna was born in Romus, Mason was born on another continent and country altogether, their parents had conflicting ideas. Not many people know, but some do. It's not a secret or to be shared."

"Got it, he's her brother in a way." Luna sighed "So you're supposed to show us to our rooms now? Because we can do that la-

"Relax, Luna. I'm not here to show you every part of the manor. I can show you later, right now is the meet and greet. I can introduce you to a few people while we're here."

"Cool, you boys behave." Luna and Marley walked to the right of the room where Marley introduced Luna as a guest of Vermillion rather than the king's girlfriend (being as it was intrusive and not anyone's business) while Nick and Dom settled in a corner away from the chatter and cluster of questions that were asked and answered years ago.

Areya and Alex finally made it down, Alex in his black suite and white pin stripe (navy) shirt and his mother in her scarlet gown. Alex was very loquacious and left no stone unturned, he hated bothering people including the king and his friends, so he had it in mind to speak with them last. Lynx was still on the brain though, circling around with question marks. But he snapped to and like everyone else greeted people.

Luna had charm to spare for the princess from the kingdom of Terili, the Lord of Dern, the Lady of Eloea, but not enough for the thirteenth guest. He walked in in his black suite and burgundy shirt, piercing white eyes with a devilish grin on his face. His presence didn't go unknown, as many heads turned, Nick's eyes flashed feeling the possible threat, Dom's stomach clenched up, Marley felt faint, Alex felt death, Brina felt afraid, Mason felt unsure. But none had felt as Luna did: Ambushed.

````````````````````

In the depths of the Amber Forest (10 miles from the main forest area behind the manor) was an old rotted out stump where Lynx stood waiting. She decided that night would take too long and opted for an earlier meeting. The Crimson witch came right on schedule in her hooded cloak and faced Lynx with an important task in mind, something that tied them together by fate.

"Is he here?" Lynx asked.

"He will be, you just have stay low for awhile. My king and his friends are here as well." April informed. She tucked her hand into a hidden pocket and pulled out a small lime sphere, giving it to Lynx.

"So that's it?"

"What you're about to attempt is suicidal. That's all I can offer you, use it if you're in an impossible pinch. Lynx, I know Nyria was-

Lynx's fists tightened and her eyes bared a warning, one that April had never met.

April sighed "I can't get involved as far as this. But I agree with you, he needs to die."

Lynx tried to block out the memories, but her fury was hard to contain. Cracks began to appear in different spots of the forest, rumbling and spewing out a poisonous mist.

"Your sister was an innocent slayed by a hunter years ago. Between-

"Sirus didn't cause this-

"That madman was tracking him down!" April's anger sealed up the cracks and cleared the air of any toxins. "He goes after supernaturals, unknowns, beings with immense power who are deemed evil. It no longer matters-

"It matters to me." Lynx whispered, her copper eyes stung with frustration and bitter tears that were hard to fight back.

Nyria wasn't like her elder sister, she believed in helping and restoring order, balance. This was once of the reasons why she departed from her home, she wanted to try and pull Lynx away from the dark path she had headed down.

In the mist of a surprisingly warm visit, Lynx started to consider going home. Sirus was irked by it, but he didn't try to stop her either. Two months had passed and Lynx and Nyria were together. No blood was shed, no bones were broken, and no one innocent had died.

Sirus popped up as he did on occasion with a river of blood on his body. He had attracted a hunter's attention. Not any kind either, but a immortal man who's vow it was to destroy wicked creatures as was his purpose. Sirus knew he was already of his list and didn't think of him.

If he had it wouldn't have changed anything. The hunter jumped Sirus in a clearing where Nyria was admiring a simple fish pond. As the fight continued the hunter with his anti-demon weapons fired arrows all around the area, two went into a deer who was just walking through, another went into Sirus' shoulder, another in Lynx's torso, trees were grazed, the land assaulted, but the last arrow struck Nyria in the heart.

All of the hunter's weapons were made of demon bone and blood, imbuing them with the power of many who fell by his hand.

Lynx was hysterical catching her sister's body, she went in seconds, unable to speak or even blink. Her body turned frigid and crumbled into ash. And as Lynx was processing this, the hunter came upon her. He knew her own reputation and felt justified in ending her life.

But fate is a funny thing. At least it is to April August, the witch with two months as names. She had made her way into town a day earlier and found herself attracted to the dark energy coming from the forests. Right as Lynx was to be executed, April froze him in time. She then breathed in the forest, letting it's whispers fill her ears, feel it's pain, and see through it's eyes.