Vessel of the Gods

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You brought snacks? Are you serious?" She asks. You laugh, managing not to choke on the handful of nuts in your mouth.

"You never know when you are going to eat so I thought I'd be prepared, and then you mentioned inflight entertainment and I remembered... yeah." You mumbled through fist, trying to finish chewing.

The path splits four ways. One heads down the rocky slope, through an olive grove to a small village full of stone houses and thatch roofs. Another path continues up the hill to the grand temple. From here, you can see some lettering above the columns but cannot make out the words. The third route took you parallel along the slope till the rough hewn stone path wrapped around the cliff next to the sea and out of sight. Finally, you glance back at the way you came, seemingly a single level stop on the path that begins where you landed and ends at this crossroads.

"I'm deciding which way to go." You finally say.

"What do you mean?" Maurie asks. "This is a world in Damien's pocket. Wouldn't he be in the temple? Let's go talk to the man in charge."

"Not necessarily, we might want to get a lay of the land first, figure out some of the rules about this place before we confront Damien. He may be a bit unfriendly towards unwanted guests."

The logic was sound but you didn't want to admit the real reason to Maurie. A new world! And not just any world, ancient greece! Oh man, the MythConnection folks are going to lose their shit when you tell them.

Focus. Maurie is waiting. Where to go?

"Let's head down into that village. We might be able to talk to some people and gain some insight into what is going on here." You feel more decisive just saying the words out loud. Maurie nods and the two of you set off down the stone cut path, winding through the squat grey shrubs and into the olive grove.

The trees, thick and bushy with their muted green leaves give off the most enticing smells as you wander through the grove. The rocky hill has now transitioned to soft grass and in amongst the olives you catch glimpses and whiffs of lemons and lavender. The evening sun, glittering on the mediterranean is beginning to send up jets of red, purple, orange and yellow across the sky.

"Wow." Maurie takes a moment, peering through the branches and marveling at the sunset. You smile. "That's something alright."

"Have you ever been to the Mediterranean?" you ask. Maurie shakes her head.

"I've always wanted to but never found the time. Is it this beautiful?" You shrug.

"I don't know, I've never been either. But it looks breathtaking." You answer, but you are slightly distracted. There is a prickling sensation on the back of your neck. You look around, peering around the tree trunks, are you being watched? You could have sworn you caught a glimpse of someone amongst the trees but no sign. A dark figure, moving fast in the flickering evening light. Or maybe just a shadow from the tree?

You shake your head - paranoid or something more? It is so hard to tell, but you've got to focus on what is at hand.

"Come on Maurie, let's get to the village before sunset." The two of you make your way down the path towards the glittering sea and the small city.

###

The simple stone path wound its way through a densely laid out village, you hear voices inside the houses, laughter and cooking sounds and the smells! Warm cooked bread and fruit. Behind hanging rugs you catch glimpses of people working or eating or laughing. It's as if the stones themselves, warm from the day's sun, were radiating peace and joy. Distantly, you can hear someone singing, high and beautiful and the tinkling of a tambourine or bells.

"Do we talk to them?" Maurie whispers, her hands out in front of her body, then straightening her pantsuit, then folded behind her, in a dance that seemed stiffly casual.

"Uh huh." You answer, peeking through a couple of large barn doors into a small warehouse, smiling at the sight inside. "Talk to." You answer vaguely, crossing the street and peeking behind a curtain into one of the houses. You return to her side.

"Okay, time to use your super FBI agent interviewing skills and help me out with this." You say, finally turning to her. She straightens up, and flashes a cocky smile.

"I'm going to pretend that was not super condescending. What's up?" She asks.

"We need to find out what the story is here, right? What's going on - a lay of the land. Best way to do that is to make conversation with someone and see if we can get them talking."

"Yeah. FBI shit. What's up?" You point towards the big wooden double-doors.

"Behind those doors, there's a hunky Orlando Bloom looking dude sealing up some caskets of wine and putting them on a cart. Over here, a Tessa Thompson look-alike is practicing a little song and dance number. If I had to guess, I think we've got a party to prepare for." You give her a big smile.

"Hey, who's the FBI agent here, anyway?" says Maurie. "Okay, so what do we do?"

"Well, it's simple," You are grinning like a cat. "You want to interview Orlando or Tessa? We can go together or divide and conquer?"

You give her a beckoning gesture. "Let's start with the song bird, I think you will like this part." The two of you pull back the rug draped over the entryway and into the warm light of the home.

Inside, there is a hearth, blackened with soot with a small simmering fire. Two chairs, a table and a sleeping cot have all been pushed up against the wall to make space in the middle of the room. On the smooth stone floor, a lithe black woman with short tight curls is softly singing and dancing sashing dance, her hips slowly swaying and her arms raised like gentle snakes twisting in time with the melody. She turns as you enter and flashes a truly radiant smile.

"Oh hello! I'm sorry, was my singing bothering you?" You shake your head.

"Not at all, we were just passing through and wanted to hear more. It sounded lovely." She blushes and looks down.

"Thank you, I am preparing for the festival." You exchange a smug glance with Maurie.

"The festival?" Maurie asks. The woman nods, her black curls shaking.

"Of course! Tonight is one of the most holy days in all the year, it is the Anthestaria! Where we give offerings to the Gods and celebrate and make merry in their honor. If our revelries please the gods and their vessels, then our nets will be full for another season and the fields ripe and bountiful." She looks down nervously.

"And if the gods are not pleased?" Maurie asks, a little too harshly. The woman shakes her head. "Then our life is hard." She goes to the table and pours herself a cup of something smelling faintly of mint. She turns back to the two of you.

"Which is why I was practicing - you see, I was prepared to do this dance, the three sisters of Aphrodite, with Cora and Thea but Cora pulled her ankle in the fields yesterday and Thea needed to travel to Corinth to care for her mother who was struck by a falling tree and now.. the whole performance is ruined!" The woman had tried to hold it together but by the end, the tears were tumbling, unbidden from her glistening eyes.

You sweep forward and fold her into your arms, making comforting noises. Maurie looks at you over the weeping woman's shoulder, mouthing, what the hell? You give a little imperceptible shrug and put your finger under her chin, pulling her face up.

"There, there, we will get this figured out. What's your name?"

In a trembling voice she answers. "Danae."

"Hello Danae, I'm Brenna and this is my friend Maurie. Now, you need three people for this dance right?" Danae nods. Out of the corner of your eye, you can see Maurie shaking her head, doing a cut it out gesture. You ignore her.

"Well, look, Aphrodite is clearly watching out for you. You needed two more people and here we are. How can we help?" Danae looks up at you, her eyes wet and trembling.

"You would do that?" You take a breath, hoping you aren't going to regret this but she is beautiful and she is so soft in your arms, her body pressed against yours.

"Of course, what needs to be done?" Danae collects herself and stands in the middle of the room.

"Okay, traditionally it is the dance that fair Aphrodite did to lure brave Ares into her bed." She sweeps her long and elegant leg out and gives a shake of her hip.

Maurie stalks over to you and frantically whispers in your ear. "I don't dance!" You sssh her focusing as Danae walks through the steps. It does not seem that different than the belly dancing class you took all those years ago. Little circles with the hips, steps forward and back.

With a good fifteen minutes of effort, you were able to remember enough of the steps that you could even find the bandwidth to harmonize with Danae's singing. Maurie was pretty stiff but you gave her the position farthest back and she managed not to fall over.

Finally, Danae takes a break, a thin layer of sweet beading on her brow. She gives both of you a big hug.

"Thank you, thank you so much! I was frightened that my piece would drag the festival down like a thick anchor but no, you came and will help it soar. Oh! I am so very grateful." She squeezes you both tight, her slender chest pressing against yours. She bounces back and then does a half-turn, looking you both up and down.

"Oh, but your traveling clothes. You cannot perform in your traveling clothes. Did you bring a chiton?" You shake your head.

"No matter, I have some that should work. Come come, let's get you changed, the festival should be upon us shortly." She dashes past another curtain into an adjoining chamber. Maurie catches your hand before you chase after her.

"What's the plan here?" Maurie asks. "We just masquerade as dancing girls?" You give a little shrug.

"It gets us in the door and beneath suspicion. Do you have a better idea?" Maurie gives a little shake of her head.

"Fair enough." And starts towards the curtain to follow her.

"Wait," you pause, stopping abruptly. "There's one more thing you should know." She gives you a quizzical look.

"The inhabitants of this world, of all these worlds, are created out of alien metal. This substance gives them form in this place." She nods.

"Yes, as you explained on the walk down to the village." You see her eyes glancing over your shoulder, to the crack between the curtain and the doorway. You follow her gaze and catch Danae unpinning her chiton, it falling to her waist, and you are able to catch the barest glimpse of her bare back and shoulder.

"It gives them form but not powers them to life. The energy that brings animates this world is sex."

Maurie does a double take, tearing her eyes away from the curtain.

"I'm sorry, what?" You take a deep breath.

"The metal responds to sex - it powers their creations and machines and... I'm not entirely sure of the mechanics but the point is, there is a good chance that I might go back there and have sex with Danae." Maurie gives you a wild look.

"You are.. I mean, I didn't want to assume... what about your husband? Just like that? Does everyone just want to hop into bed? You're going to go back there and.." You laugh.

"You are welcome to join us, you know." You give her your best flirty smile. She immediately blushes hard.

"I... am working and....uh..." she looks down at her feet. "You go ahead, I'll be outside."

You give her a warm smile. "Your loss!" and pull back the curtain.

Inside Danae, naked from the waist up, gives you a warm smile, her lithe figure outlined in the light from a lantern on the hearth.

"Where's your friend?" She asks, utterly unabashed about her nakedness.

"She had to check on something. I'll make sure she gets dressed in time."

Danae nods, "I'm just so grateful that you came by. I prayed so hard to Aphrodite to deliver me an answer," her voice low and a little husky. "and lo, here you are. Io Aphrodite!" "Io Aphrodite." you echo, joining her by the hearth. You gesture to the large woven basket at her feet full of cloth.

"You've got something for me to try on? Let's see what you've got" You pull your shirt over your head, Danae looking on in confusion at your bra.

"What is this strange garment?" She reaches out, her mocha skin a strong contrast to your flushed white shoulders

"Don't worry about that, here." You quickly unhook your bra and set it aside. Her eyes light up, never moving from your chest.

"Like what you see?" You ask, grinning. She draws close and puts one of her soft fingers on your shoulder, tracing your tattoo.

"This is beautiful!" She says in awe, then more decisively, "This must be a blessing from Apollo. Tell me, and speak plainly, are you a vessel of the gods?" Her fingers linger on your chest.

"Uh..." it is very hard to focus with her fingertips brushing oh so softly on your chest, your breath suddenly coming short. ".. I have been a vessel." You admit, unsure of exactly her meaning. She looks deep into your eyes, yearning.

"I do not know what I have done to deserve this honor but please," she quickly kneels before you. "We know how to provide for the vessels of the Gods here in Katapola."

She looks up, her deep brown eyes brimming over with devotion. "Please, let me worship you."

She stands, rising to almost exactly your height. She leans in and plants a soft, inviting kiss on your lips - her lips warm and yielding, pressing her slender frame against yours. Her skin feels hot, her chest soft, squishing against yours.

You wrap your arms around her, one hand cradling her face and the other pulling her hips close. Her tongue tangles with yours, a mess of passion, pulling at you, her hands suddenly caressing your breasts and tugging at your skirts.

You grab her chiton, perilously suspended on her hips, and yank it down, letting the fabric pool on the floor.

She throws a leg around your hips, grinding at you and threatening to tip you over. She laughs as you lurch forward and leads you to her cot in the corner, soft dried grass with a linen covering. She plops down, her perky small breasts bouncing slightly as she shakes her curls free. You shimmy out of your skirt climb down on all four, kissing her greedily.

She spreads her legs and pulls her knees up and wraps her legs around your waist, kissing your neck and pulling at you urgently. You pin her down, your hot hand caressing her breasts, rolling the hard nipples between your thumb and forefinger, summoning excited yelps from Danae.

You feel the prickles on the back of your neck and you glance up towards the curtain separating the main room from the bedroom and catch a glimpse of Maurie, peering through the gap. She's biting her lip, her suit pants unbutton, her hand moving frantically within them. Catching your eye, she jerks back out of sight.

You feel something warm and wet engulf your middle finger. Danae has gotten ahold of your hand and sucks on your finger lustily, moaning and pulling it deep into her wet mouth. She pulls the finger out of her mouth with a pop and then pulls it down between her legs, pushing your fingers into her moist folds.

She is soft and hot and already close as you draw little circles inside of her with your middle fingers, gently massaging the clit from the inside, adding two and then three fingers. She keeps her legs widespread, holding her knees and moaning lewdly. With your other hand, you start working her clit from the outside, like an oiled marble. She bucks beneath you - the stimulation pushing her to new heights.

"Ahhh! AAAHhhhH! AHHHH!!!" Her cries get more and more urgent. "OH GODS!" You feel a gush of wetness as she squeezes tight around your hand as her hips leap off the cot. Her thighs tremble, spasmodically, as she shudders, and then flops back, limp onto the bed.

You slowly ease your hand out of her, savouring the feel, tracing her sensitive lips on the way out. She looks up at you, stars clearly still shining in her eyes, and pulls your face to hers, mashing her lips against yours in a grateful tangle.

She gently pushes you on your side, urging you to lie down, which you gratefully, stretching out next to her on the cot, the kisses slowing slightly in intensity.

"I am so sorry, Brenna." She whispers, finally finding her voice. "I fear that I was selfish - I did not worship you in the proper manner of Aphrodite, I fear you only worshipped me."

You glance back at the curtain, now drawn tight and then glance back at her face, nose furrowed with concern. You lean in and give her a soft kiss on the forehead.

"That was a fine offering to Aphrodite." You sigh. "But I assume we must make ready for the festival?" Danae hops up, going to the outside window, and then whirls around.

"The moon! Once Artemis' chariot has fully departed Posiedon's gate, we must begin our procession to the temple." You glance at the thin sliver poking out of the sea.

"I'll go round up my friend. Will you take care of our outfits?" Danae nods, looking absolutely radiant clad only in the moonlight from the window and the flickering light from the hearth.

You snag your skirt and bandolier, hastily throwing on your bra and shirt and push through the curtain to find Maurie. She's nowhere to be found in the house, so you push out through the doorway into the cool night air.

Glancing up and down the street, you don't immediately see her. Up the hill, towards the olive grove, you see a couple of performers. A juggler, two musicians with dual pipes and some sort of tambourine, and a short man wearing goat pants. Down the hill, towards the center of town, you hear the gathering noises of a crowd. Across the street, the heavy wooden door to the winery is still ajar, a warm glow coming from within.

The flagstone path was still warm from the afternoon sun as you creep across the street and slip through the wooden doors to the winery. Inside, the "hulky Orlando Bloom" look alike has loaded several small barrels onto a wooden cart and now is see-sawing a larger barrel towards the cart, making a loud SCRAPE SCRAPE SCRAPE noise on the dusty stone floor.

"Good evening!" You say cheerily. He turns around and gives you a broad smile.

"Hello to you, vision of the gods." You giggle. "What can I do for you?"

"My name is Brenna," you begin. "and I'm looking for a friend of mine." He leans against one of the barrels.

"Brenna, that is a beautiful name. Is it Gaulic?" He asks.

"Yes. Yes it is." He pats the top of one of the barrels.

"I have not seen your friend, I've been working all day to prepare for the festival, but I would like to see more of you. Come, sit. I just cracked open one of the better caskets and it is a shame to drink vine without the company of a beautiful woman."

You glance out the window at the moon, still just barely a sliver above the horizon. A little glass of wine wouldn't hurt, would it? He is very good looking, clean shaven with a short curly tangle of dark black hair and those intense eyes. You hop up on a barrel and gratefully accept one of his two wooden cups, your hands touching for the briefest of instants, his eyes lighting up at the contact.

He holds the glass aloft. "To the Gods of Olympus and all who serve them!" He toasts.

"Io Olympus!" You echo and drink. The wine is perfect, a deep red that warms but never burns. It's smooth flavor, light on yeast and tannins but full of body settles in your stomach filling you with a wildness.

"That is really good!" You say, quickly downing rest. The wine maker gives you a smile.

"Thank you." says the man. "Preparing the wine is a sacred task and one I gratefully undertake." He refills your glass. "But where are my manners? My name is Kyril and welcome to my workshop."

"Hello Kyril, pleased to meet you." The second glass is even better than the first, you try to take it slow but your cheeks are already hot.

"So I assume you are in town for the festival? Wait, let me guess." He looks you up and down. "You are a dancing girl." He grins.