Victoria's Fall

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

XVIII

Shakra was chasing me and I was a young boy again. I knew that I was in for a beating if he caught me, for I had said something that he had deemed to be weak and the son of Shakra was forbidden to show weakness. If he didn't catch me, I was still in for a beating for running in the first place. But a child still runs.

I felt his hand on my forehead and I jumped with a start.

"Calm down. You're okay. You're safe now," said a woman, in a soothing tone. She was leaning over me with one hand on my chest and the other on my forehead. She was white, pretty and had long, reddish-brown hair. She wore a knitted sweater with a pattern of multi-coloured diamonds and a pair of slacks.

I lay back on the bed and looked around wildly. I was not in my father's compound. The ceiling was white and I believe spackled is the term. The panelled walls, woodcuts and paintings were not something I had ever seen at that horrible place. "Where am I?" My throat was very dry.

"You're at the North Pole. They brought you back when they rescued Vicky." She picked up a glass of water from a nightstand and offered it to me.

I lifted myself up so I could drink and then I emptied the glass.

"Well, I guess you were thirsty, Michael."

"You know my name?"

"Yes. I'm Mrs. Clause, although you can call me Holly, if you like. I know a lot about you and what risks you took to protect Vicky. If here is anything you need, then you just ask me."

She wasn't a Vicky, I thought, she was a Victoria. "How is Victoria?"

"She's improving. The faeries have been working on her since they brought her back from Africa. They had to rebuild her ego from scratch. Whatever scrambled her brain really knew what it was doing and what your father did to her before he turned her over to you..." She shivered and a look of disgust crossed her face.

"How long have we been here, Holly?" I sat up and marvelled that my shoulder felt stiff, but otherwise fine.

"Three days." She saw my worried look and held up her hands to keep me in place. "We've dealt with the commands your father gave her. She won't kill herself even if you two don't have sex every twelve hours."

"How did you know about that?" I asked with a deep sense of shame, after all I had basically raped this woman's friend.

"Hey, Michael, pick up your chin. I know you didn't rape her if that's what you're worried about. And judging from the look on your face I guess I have to tell you that no, I cannot read your mind. We have a crystal ball and we looked back in time to watch what happened to her as best we could. She was invisible to faerie magic while she wore that necklace, but you weren't. My husband and Breeleigh, the two people I trust most in this world, are both convinced that you didn't want to have sex with Vicky but only did so because you didn't want her to kill herself."

"That's not completely true, Holly," I said, while looking away from her.

"Yes, Doug explained to me that you were clearly attracted to her. I couldn't figure that out, but he assured me that you were both attracted to her and repelled by her submissiveness at the same time. You wanted to touch her, but you also didn't want to touch her while she was your obedient slave."

"Yes."

"Doug says he probably would have done the same as you if he and I had switched places with yourself and Vicky. So I forgive you, Michael."

"But...Victoria never will."

"And you knew that before you acted, so maybe she will after all."

I stared at her in confusion. "Uhm, why is my shoulder all better?"

"Faerie healing magic. They can do wonderful things." She pouted at some thought. "And they can do terrible things, too. It was a faerie who took away Vicky's will and killed Sergei and some other friends of ours."

"I'm sorry."

She smiled warmly at me. "I know. Are you up for a little tour?"

I took a deep breath. "Yes, I think so. Although I don't want to..."

She stood up. "You don't want to see Vicky, yet?" I nodded. "Don't worry. She's still being cared for and I don't think she's quite ready to see you, either. She's been told you are here, though. You get dressed and I'll be waiting right outside the door when you're ready."

I wanted to ask her what Victoria's reaction to me being at the North Pole was, but I was too afraid. I rose from the bed and checked the dresser for clothes. I put on some slacks and a shirt. I saw socks, but decided to go barefoot for the time being. I opened the door and told Holly I was ready for the tour.

The house was beautiful and very large. It had a feeling of age about it, but not a feeling of being old. It was ageless? We passed various people in the halls. The women were lovely and smiled at me charmingly. The men nodded their heads to me and I returned the nod, unsure of whether I was supposed to speak to anyone or just remain quiet through the tour.

Some people we passed were not people, but elves. They were generally about half the size of a regular person and very comely. The first one I saw I could not help but gawk at. I heard Holly chuckle beside me.

"Never seen a faerie before?" she asked, teasingly.

"Well, one I think or maybe a dozen or so. There was that ghost and the glowing lights that were drawn to Victoria after I removed the necklace. But these ones look like little people."

"Well, they are little people. We're big people. And Casper and his friends are also faeries. There are many of them about the house. They are very nice and you'll get to like them. They already like you quite a bit."

"Me?" I asked laughing.

"They all know you were protecting Vicky and they love her, so they consider you an honorary member of our extended family here. Also, Casper and Vicky are very fond of each other and apparently he has been telling the other faerie that he likes you, too. I don't know how he tells them anything because he doesn't speak and they don't have telepathy with him exactly, but he has made his impressions of you very clear to the other faeries. You might find in the future that no matter where you go, you seem to be unusually lucky at times or perhaps protected in some way."

"This is a lot to take in all at once."

"I know. This place and the people here can seem a little overwhelming. You'll get used to it, though. After all, this is Vicky's home." She gave me a mysterious and knowing smile. "Did you grow up believing in Santa Clause?"

"No."

"Well, would you like to see some reindeer that can fly? My friend Breeleigh will be there, too, and she's dying to meet you."

"I think I'm up to that."

For the rest of the day and the next, I was kept busy meeting people and elves. All of them were polite and respectful towards me and I was quite uncomfortable with the degree of respect I was shown, especially after Holly told me how old some of the elves were. But it was a relaxing time and I even helped out in the reindeer stables for an hour.

XIX

The following morning I was having breakfast with large group of residents and listening to the repeated apology of the Russian who had shot me, when Holly approached me and told me it was time to visit Victoria, if I felt up to it. The room went silent as I rose from my seat. I stuck my hands in my pockets so no one would see them trembling.

I was led to a room and Holly opened the door and ushered me in. I took a deep breath and stepped into the room. Victoria was sitting up in bed, in a room much like the one I was staying in. She had on a thick purple bath robe and was looking at me very seriously.

I heard Holly close the door behind me. There was a chair beside the bed, which I was obviously meant to sit in.

"May I have a seat?" I asked, filled with terror at whatever answer she might give me.

Victoria nodded, causing her long dark hair to bounce on her shoulders. I didn't see fear in her eyes, nor did I see an eagerness to have me there. I sat as straight as I could and put my hands on my knees.

We considered each other silently for a short while. I would have loved to known what was passing through her mind. I was trying to think of what to say to her.

"So," she said.

"So," I replied.

A minute passed as we tried not to look at each other.

"So I guess I should apologize to you for everything that happened to you," I blurted.

She looked surprised. "It wasn't your fault. I remember everything, Michael. You were trying to prevent me from being harmed."

"No. I had the opportunity to kill my father when I first returned from school and I was too afraid. If I had slain him, then you..."

She shuddered. "I remember everything, Michael. I don't want to, but I do. Your father made his choices and so did you. I would still be a...a zombie if not for you. I wanted to thank you."

Another silence grew between us. I wanted to talk to her and sit listening to her speak in her normal voice; it was almost musical.

"So where did you go to school, Michael?" she asked.

"First Cairo, then Russia and then finally Europe. I moved around every year or two. My studies were determined by my father's financial backers and they had people keeping watch over me. He wanted me to learn medicine, history and engineering."

"Why those subjects?"

"Oh, he wanted me to study engineering so I could build better war machines and better buildings. He wanted me to learn medicine so if anything happened to him his own son could mend him. He was also curious about biological warfare. As for history, Shakra had the crazy idea that history was just the study of wars and combat techniques. He didn't understand it was about so much more."

"Oh."

"What about you; where did you go to school?"

"Once I finished high school I started working. I think a lot of my teachers and counsellors took one look at me and figured I was destined to be a rich man's wife, or a stripper, or porn star. I never thought I was clever enough to get into college or university, until I came here."

"So you work here, then?"

"No. I've been out of work since last Christmas. I went to Africa with the hope of finding something to do with my life."

"Ah. You were going to be a missionary for Santa Clause."

"No, Doug doesn't operate that way. There are some nasty faeries scattered around the world. Our faeries cannot detect them nor can they approach the bad ones. I wanted to scout out one in Africa and then report back to Doug and Holly so we could decide how best to deal with him or her."

"Where was this bad faerie?"

"In the jungle, which I suppose doesn't really pinpoint his location in Africa. He lives in the ruins of a temple a few days journey from the village that Shakra found me in."

"So, he is Set?"

"Yes."

"And you and the others got too close and what...fell under his magic spell?"

"Yes. He saps the will of others. We were wandering from village to village and his influence reached us. It was so subtle, now that I think back on it. We were just drawn closer and closer until everyone was dead, except for me."

Victoria's eyes moistened at the memory.

"So, now you're safe here," I reminded her. "What are you going to do now?"

"I am going to go back to Africa, hunt down Set and kill him."

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me."

"Do you really think your friends are going to let you walk out of here and fall under his spell again?" I asked, my voice rising in volume.

Here own response was perfectly calm. "Breeleigh explained it to me. Parts of my mind were rebuilt. I'm still me, but not quite me. I have all of my memories and my emotions, but it's a bit like I've been reborn. She can't read my mind and none of the faeries can now. Set won't be able to influence me either. I'm the only one that can destroy him."

"But they won't let you go. It's still too dangerous, especially by yourself."

"I'm the only one who can. How many victims did he have before he met me? How many more will he have? Did you know that these faeries are practically immortal? And Doug and Holly have a policy of not controlling others. They'll let me leave and I'll make my way back to Africa and find Set."

"Look, forget revenge. Killing is what my father did and I grew sick of it when I was a child. I'm still disgusted that I had to kill Shakra."

"I'm not," she said in a small voice. Tears started rolling down her cheeks.

I moved to the bed and put my arms around her. She put her face on my shoulder and sobbed. My heart broke to see this woman weeping in such a way. Even when the tears stopped I still held her, until she finally spoke.

"I'm okay, Michael. Thank you."

I moved back to the chair, adjusting my now soaked shirt in a futile attempt to make myself less uncomfortable. "You should come back to Africa, Victoria, but it should not be seeking revenge. It should be to help people. I want to find my mother's village and do what I can to help them. You could help me..."

"No." She shook her head adamantly. "I must rid the world of this evil and I'm the only one who can. Do you know he actually was there, in ancient Egypt? He's lived for thousands of years. He would still be in Egypt now, if not for one brave man named Imhotep who urged the pharaoh to wage war against him. He was chased deep into the more savage and barbaric parts of Africa, where he has lived ever since."

"Please don't do this thing, Victoria. It just isn't you."

"How do you know?" Anger flashed across her lovely face. Seeing such a beautiful woman angry was far worse than having seen my father angry. "I was a robot when you knew me! This is the first conversation we've had where I've been free! How in Hell do you know what I'm like?"

"I'm sorry, Victoria. Everything I've learned about you tells me that you are brave, resourceful and full of compassion. You are not a murderer."

The anger fled to be replaced by worry. "I know. I don't know if I'm strong enough to do this, but I've got to try. Can you understand?"

I thought of my plan to walk up to my father and empty my gun into his chest, thus ending a decades old evil that had marauded across my homeland. "Yes, I understand you perfectly."

We were silent for a short while again, until Victoria yawned.

"Maybe I'd better go."

"I'm not supposed to be left alone. Breeleigh feels my emotions may be a little too volatile." We both chuckled uneasily. "She told Holly she didn't want me talking to you this early, but I'm glad you came."

"I can find one of your friends. Someone must be nearby." I stood and took a couple of steps towards the door.

"Michael? Will you watch over me as I sleep?" She looked down at the bed sheets. "I trust you to keep me safe."

I turned, walked back to the chair and sat down, staring at her. "I'll stay as long as you wish me to, Victoria."

"Thank you." She removed all but one of her pillows and then lay down on her side, facing me. She looked at me for a few minutes, then smiled at me and closed her eyes. It wasn't long before she was breathing deeply.

My eyes searched the room for some diversion, but there were no books. There was a painting on each wall, but after twenty minutes I felt I knew every square centimetre of them, probably better than the original artists. I sat back down in the chair and waited.

XX

In my dream, Victoria was telling me how she trusted me. She lay on the bed in a pink bathrobe. I stood naked before her. She urged me to sit on the bed beside her, because she trusted me. Then she urged me to lie down alongside her, facing her, because she trusted me. Then she urged me to open her robe because she trusted me. Then she urged me to put my arms around her because she trusted me. I pulled her to me. Her nipples hardened against my chest while my cock hardened and pushed against her thigh. Her mouth opened.

"Wake up, Michael."

I opened my eyes and looked up. Victoria had her hand on my shoulder and was gently shaking me awake. I could feel my penis straining against my pants and I crossed my hands over my lap.

"I thought you were going to have a nap."

"I did. I slept for almost twelve hours. Have you been here all that time?"

"Yes." My stomach growled and Victoria chuckled.

"I am ordering you to go get yourself some food. And get some more rest as well. If you see Breeleigh you can tell her I'm ready for my next session." She climbed back into bed.

"Are you sure you'll be okay while I'm gone?"

"Yes. Now shoo! You've spent far too much time on me already."

My erection was softening so slowly. "I don't want to leave you, if you still want me to be around. I could ask someone to bring us some food if you're hungry, too."

She gave me an odd look and then shook her head. "Michael, what's wrong?"

"Well...you see...I was sleeping and...well...I sort of had a dream...a dream about...well, about you. And I'd rather not stand up for another minute or so." I smiled weakly at her. I just wanted to crawl into a hole and disappear.

"Oh. Oh! I guess that's one of the benefits of being a woman; you don't know when I've had one of those dreams about..." Her cheeks went pink. Her mouth had been about to pronounce a 'y' consonant when she stopped herself.

I stood. "Well, if we're both equally embarrassed, then I think it's safe for me to leave now. Can I talk with you again?"

"Yes, of course." She smiled at me and her cheeks were still a pleasant pink colour.

I left the room in a very happy mood.

XXI

Three days later, Doug, a male elf named Puckrin and I were discussing the 'null-region' in Africa where the evil faerie resided. Doug kept wanted to designate the creature a 'dark elf', but Puckrin was completely against the idea. I don't think Doug was that serious about it.

The conversation dwindled as I finished telling them everything I remembered. I decided to alert them to Victoria's plan, as after two more conversations between her and I, she still intended to hunt the creature down and kill it.

"Yes, Michael, we know all about her plan," said a bored Puckrin.

"You do? What are you doing to stop her?" I sat forward in my chair, eager to hear their plans.

"Nothing," said Doug. I had yet to see him wear his red Santa suit and I still found it hard to think of so normal a man as Father Christmas.

"Nothing? Nothing?? That thing will kill her, if she manages to get past all the other dangers. How can you two let her do this?"

"She is an adult. I cannot control what she does. If I try to..." he held his palms up to demonstrate his impotence.

"Don't either of you care about her?"

"Don't raise your voice to me, son," said Puckrin, showing the first signs of anger I had seen in any of the faerie. "Doug is doing the right thing. We can try to convince her not to go, but we cannot force her not to go. And we do care about her a great deal. We've known her a lot longer than you have."

"I don't like being called 'son'."

"I'm sorry. You're about one fiftieth my age and I've seen things that you people wouldn't believe."

"You're quoting, Puckrin," said Doug quietly, easing the tension in the room. His eyes seemed to twinkle.

The elf looked at Doug in surprise. "Why I think you're correct, Doug. You and Holly should never have brought those films up to the North Pole. They're a bad influence on me, although I don't think I was quoting exactly."

"Let's get back to the subject, guys," I interrupted. "What can we do about Victoria?"

"If I go with her, I leave behind Breeleigh and Set kills me," stated Puckrin.

"And if I go with her, I leave behind Holly and Set either kills me or makes me a zombie like he did with Victoria."

They both looked at me.

"I didn't think either of you would permit me to go with her or I would have said it already."

"We know you are not a coward, Michael." Puckrin grinned at me and tilted his head. "I've known cowards on five continents and none of them were willing to give up their lives to save a helpless woman."