Vienna and the Ukrainian refugee

Story Info
Man develops a relationship with a special woman.
5.1k words
4.47
4.9k
7
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Man develops a relationship with a refugee

Vienna is a magnificent city. Nestled on the fabled Danube River and the capital of a former great European empire, it has glorious architecture, grand boulevards, bustling sidewalks, and high culture. Walking along those grand boulevards, I feel its magnificent history.

It was around 6pm when I took a table in the ornate Bristol Lounge, a beautiful place to sit and eat and drink in the inner city or Innere Stadt of Vienna.

My name is Michael and I arrived here two days ago, not exactly as a tourist but to enjoy the city while working. I am a freelance lawyer and clients pay me a lot of money to work on their projects remotely, which means I can be anywhere in the world, and, other than occasional video meetings, on my own time. I know I am very lucky.

My home is in Calgary, Canada. I'm 42 and fit, and divorced. My two kids just left for two months of summer camp so I took advantage of this by booking a flat on Airbnb for two months in this wonderful city.

Dressed casually but fashionably, I sat down and took out my laptop to do some work for a couple of hours. The waiter came to my table and asked me something in German.

"Sorry, English please?" I replied. English is well spoken in Austria.

"Ah, no problem sir. Would you like to order something?" he asked.

"Yes I would. Would you have a bottle of Zirkova vodka? I would like a glass of it chilled. If you don't have a chilled bottle, then with ice please."

He replied, "Zirkova? Yes I believe we do. I'll be back shortly sir." And walked away.

Behind me, a woman approached my table cautiously. In a different accent, she said, "excuse me sir, I heard you ordered Zirkova vodka. You like this vodka? I once worked in this company."

I turned and looked at her with curiosity. She was in her twenties, maybe late twenties. She looked a little out of place here. Her clothes were worn and traveled, she had a small backpack on, her black hair messy, her face tired and without any makeup. She looked gaunt and pale. I quickly gathered that she was here to use the women's room and happened to be walking back out when she heard me.

"Yes, it's actually my favorite drink. You weren't the master distiller that developed it, are you? Because if you are, I would be very appreciative," I said smiling.

She smiled back broadly, "no, no, I'm afraid not." She even laughed, and it was a pretty laugh. "Unfortunately. I only worked in the administration office. But I'm very happy you like it," she said modestly and shifted to leave but with hopeful eyes.

"When did you leave Ukraine?" I asked, and she shifted back to stay in front of me. Zirkova is a product of Ukraine.

Her expression was immediately one of slight hope, as she would like this conversation to linger. "About a month ago," she said. The war in Ukraine from the Russian invasion was only four months old and many Ukrainian women left westward as refugees, while most men were not allowed to leave in order to defend the country. She continued, "I arrived in Vienna a week ago."

Despite her circumstances, I saw grace and form in her, with a manner of speaking and posture that were revealing more than met the eye. Her figure under the tired clothes was hourglass-shaped, with full breasts.

The waiter returned with my drink, and looked at her suspiciously. "Sir, is this woman bothering you? Madam," he addressed her, "this lounge is for customers."

The young woman looked embarrassed and then looked at me. I kept my eyes at her and calmly said, "no, not at all, she is with me." She kept her stone expression but her eyes showed relief.

The waiter said, "very good sir," and put the glass down. "Please let me know if there is anything else you would like," and left.

"Thank you," she said to me. "I feel I don't belong here."

"I think it is easy to feel out of place here. This is not my country either." I gestured to the chair across the table from me and said, "please have a seat."

She looked around nervously and then sat down.

"It's been a difficult journey to get here, hasn't it"? I started. She nodded, and I asked, "may I ask, what is your name?"

"My name is Daryna," she replied. She gestured at the plush chair and added, "it does feel good to sit down."

"My name is Michael. I'm from Canada and staying in Vienna for a while. Look, can I order you something to eat? Please choose something from the menu. Don't worry about the prices."

She smiled, and picked up the menu, which was in both German and English, but starred with wide eyes, presumably at the high prices it showed. "I, I don't, I'm not sure what I should get."

I picked up a menu and suggested a salmon and vegetable dish. I figured she felt too self-conscious to order anything that I would be stuck paying for, despite saying not to worry about the prices. She nodded at my suggestion, and I then waved the waiter over and ordered this for each of us, and after another thought, added a bottle of carbonated water and a glass of red wine.

While we waited for our dishes to arrive, she told me about how she left Lviv in Ukraine by train to Krakow in Poland and then eventually to Vienna. "It was very difficult in Poland. So many refugees from Ukraine. They are struggling to take care of them."

Rewind for Daryna

My English is not very good. Of course I studied it for many years in school, and I saw many American films. But really I do not practice it. There is little chance to use it. But I will try to describe my side of the story in English. I do not expect you will understand my Ukrainian, of course.

I made choice this restaurant because I did hoped WC was in front, not in back. I did not expect it to be such an elegant restaurant. I know restaurants and bars like this in Kyiv, before the war, so I am familiar with what they expect. I tried to be very quick and not bring attention to myself.

I heard this man, speaking English with the waiter. He asked for a vodka that I knew from back home. It surprised me very much. He was an elegant man, older than me. I asked about the vodka and he was interested in me. He made a joke, and was charming. He had warm eyes. The waiter wanted me to leave, I can tell, and I did not want to cause trouble. But this man rescued me from the waiter and asked me to sit. And even order food and wine for me. I thought maybe he wanted something with me, maybe he wanted sex with me so he was like this. I don't know what this cost him, perhaps more than 60 euros for just me, but I was very hungry and tired. So I sat at the table with him.

His name was Michael and he said he was from Canada. He said he was a lawyer and was renting a flat in Vienna. I know Canada has many Ukrainians so perhaps he was familiar with us. Maybe even he has friends or neighbors who are Ukrainian. He asked about me. I told him I was originally from Odessa and moved to Kyiv to study at the university, and enjoyed going to Kyiv's theaters and the opera house. I have experienced kind people in my journey, in my difficulty, but very not frequently. Most people were not interested in a refugee, perhaps because they had seen too many of us. Michael was the first one to ask about me personally, about my own story and not about the war or politics.

Still, I must say, I felt uncomfortable in this restaurant and in his presence. I had no shower for a few days and felt dirty. I worried that I would have body smells. My clothes were the same that I wore because my luggage was stolen on the train. I did not want to embarrass Michael, so I think after being happy in the conversation and sharing my story, I became more quiet and thinking about leaving.

Rewind for Michael

"When you were in Poland, why did you choose to try to enter Austria?" I asked.

"Poland was very full with refugees from Ukraine. It was very difficult for them to manage so many people. So many women and children from Ukraine. I did not know Polish, and most people, most Poles, did not speak much English. Younger spoke English. But I knew that Austrians spoke English much more. So this would give me a chance. But I was very worried about being in such a big city."

Daryna was obviously from a cultured family. Her delivery showed poise and eloquence and economy of words, despite some stiltedness in her English. I also noticed how she ate and handled her wine glass. Daryna too had a beauty about her, in her cheekbones and eyes, and she had slender hands. She sat with her feet positioned for someone who was schooled in grace.

"So when you arrived in Vienna," I asked, "how did you find accommodations? Was there a hostel for refugees?"

It was a natural question. She looked uncomfortable and looked down when she described that the hostel only had bedding on the floor for many in a large room, and facilities were limited. Something about government funding cuts for social programs. I shook my head at how another country's government uses ideology to cut the programs that people need. I've seen that all too often lately.

As she was finishing her meal, she seemed to want to leave. She was clearly uncomfortable with this lounge, which I understood given what she was wearing and how self-conscious she would be.

"Daryna, I want to help you. You've shared your story with me and we've had a sliver of each other's character so far. Can I take you to a department store here and we can get you any personal things you need, for the bathroom, personal clothing, that sort of thing?"

She was interested in my offer.

Rewind for Daryna

I think Michael is genuine. I felt he was concerned about me and my situation. Honestly, it was a relief to get that from someone. His eyes were warm and he was confident. Yes, he was an attractive man, I will admit. He was tall also. When he spoke, his palms were up and open.

I did not feel attractive of course. I also was not sure why he was so kind. But yes I was feeling maybe a little better about him.

He offered to go with me to a store to buy me some personal things. My god, I needed them. I quickly thought about all the things I wish I had to better take care of my body, and oh, what I was wearing all the time...

He called the waiter and paid the bill. Then we came out of the restaurant. I felt much better to leave that place and feel fresh air.

We walked to a store called Manufactum Warenhaus. He said he was there before and it has a big selection. I felt a little embarrassed because of what I collected into the basket. For the bathroom, they were a toothbrush, toothpaste, dental floss, hairbrush, deodorant, shampoo, tampons, shaving razor, nail clipper, tweezers, and red lipstick. For clothes, they were panties, socks, and t-shirts. He wanted me to get more but I felt I could not carry more. He found for me a backpack to carry everything. He paid for all this with his cell phone. This is not common for me.

And then we discussed where I would be going next. I already told him about the hostel, and this was not a great place but it was all I had. So he offered me to sleep on the sofa in his flat. He said he had extra sheets and a blanket. I had to make a decision about if he was someone I can trust. He said I was very safe with him, but I also thought if he was to make trouble for me, it may hurt his reputation as a lawyer. So I decided to trust him and accept his offer happily.

We walked a few blocks to his flat. It was also in the inner city, in a very nice street. We took the lift to the third floor and entered his flat. Oh it was like a real home. It was warm and lovely. He told me to feel myself at home. The kitchen was modern and he had lots of food there, and the sofa looked good. But what I really needed was a shower.

Rewind for Michael

I looked into Daryna's eyes and judged if I could trust her to stay at my flat. It wasn't just that she was in need and that I could help her, but I was letting a stranger into my temporary home. Would she rob me? I thought about it and she might rob some of my things, even my laptop, but all that was easily replaceable for me (all my data is in the cloud) and I didn't have any cash. But it wasn't that. She just looked like someone I can take a leap of faith in. She looked pretty and authentic. "You can stay as long as you need to," I reassured her. She paused to think for a bit and then accepted happily. I think she had to assess if she can trust me too.

We walked past Kärntner Ring and when we got into the flat, I showed her around and she loved the groceries I had in the kitchen, the fresh fruits and vegetables, eggs and fish, cheeses and bread. I left her alone to take a good hot shower while I gathered her beddings and made her bed on the sofa.

I was sitting on one of the big cushy chairs when she came out wearing one of the new big t-shirts as a nighty. At first when she saw me, she hesitated and felt embarrassed, being barefoot and bare-legged in front of me.

"Daryna, it's okay, don't be embarrassed," I reassured her. "Come sit, I want to tell you something." I tried to smile warmly so she'd feel comfortable. Her poise returned and she sat on the sofa with the bedding I had made.

"You made my bed. Thank you so much!" she said. "I was going to do it. You didn't need to."

"That's not a problem."

"I really don't want to interfere with you here. If you want to watch television or whatever you want to do, it is your flat."

"Look, honey, you're very welcome here," I started. "First thing I want you to feel is that you're safe here. I'm older than you and I'm a responsible man. You can feel at home."

"Yes, I know. I think I feel it. Thank you," she said with wide eyes.

"If we're going to be living together here, let's drop all these thank yous. Make yourself at home."

"Can I make meals for you? You are working. You are busy. I can make you meals that you like." She said this like she realized something she can do to contribute.

"Sure, that would be great. I'm really not used to that. I haven't had someone in my life for over a year helping with the kitchen."

"I would be happy to do that," she smiled. She had a beautiful smile now.

I looked her over. With her face and hair now all washed, she radiated more vigor. I was also very conscious of her slender bare legs, but I did everything I could not to look at them because she may notice and feel objectified.

"Daryna, you look happier now, after that shower. After that meal perhaps too."

She smiled again at this. "Yes I feel it. But I also feel very tired. Are you going to sleep soon?"

I thought about my own timing. "Not yet. I'll get ready for bed and then just read for a while. But you go ahead and sleep. I'll do my best not to make any noise."

Rewind for Daryna

The shower was so much hot water that I felt I was in heaven. I washed my face and hair, and my ass crack and vagina. I very much needed this. I felt hair on my legs and armpits and I was not used to this. So I shaved them. Then I thought about the hair on my pubic area. Usually at home I trim it, and sometimes I also shave it, but here it has grown.

I thought about Michael. I think I can trust him and he has been very nice to me. Should I repay him... He was really a nice man, and attractive. I had not been with a man for a long time. I had a boyfriend in Kyiv but we broke up before the Russians made trouble. This boyfriend showed me what a man likes, how to please him. I did these things for him, but he was not very interested about what pleases me. He thought it is enough for me to receive his semen in my vagina and in my mouth.

So I decided to shave all my pubic hair in Michael's shower. But the heat from the water and steam also made me feel sleepy.

When I came out, I let him see me in my bare legs. The t-shirt was long but narrow so he can see the shape of my breasts. I was not afraid. He can look at my bare legs. I think I have attractive legs.

But when we talked, he was the gentleman and kind, and I felt so sleepy. So he let me sleep on the sofa and he went to his room. I think I fell to sleep immediately.

In the middle of the night, I woke up. In a few minutes, I realized where I was and that Michael was sleeping in the other room.

I put one hand on my breast and squeezed it. It felt good. I also put my other hand on my vagina under the panties and that felt good too. My hand felt the warmth of smooth skin there.

I decided to look at Michael. So I got up and walked to his room. The door was half open, so I walked inside very quietly. There was very little light from the window. He was lying on his back quietly sleeping, a little turned to his left side. It was a double bed. I came closer and looked at his shape under the duvet. His legs were a little spread, with his left knee was bent to the side.

Suddenly I felt a strong desire to join him but I was nervous about this. What if he would refuse me? What if he would kick me out of his flat? I felt very conflicted standing on the side of his bed.

I decided to remove my t-shirt. Then slowly, with hesitation, I pushed my panties down and stepped out of them. Now I was naked and the night air felt colder on my body.

I took a deep breath and lifted the side of the duvet and entered the bed on his left side and slided next to him. I felt he had no shirt on. I got close to him, to snuggle, and lifted his arm to get under it, and leaned against him, with my breast on his chest, my head on his shoulder, and I felt his hand fall on my bum. My vagina was pressed onto his bare thigh. His breathing did not change.

He felt so warm and I felt secure. I put my hand down over his groin and discovered he was not wearing any underwear either. I realized Michael likes to sleep in the nude. My hand was on his soft penis. My fingers gently wrapped around it.

With this, I fell asleep again.

Rewind for Michael

Kristy and I were cuddling like old times. I felt her on my erection, her warm soft body, her full breasts leaning against me, her breath on my neck while we slept. I felt the urge to enter her again so I reached my hand down her back to her ass, in the crack, felt her heat. My other hand stroked her hair. It's been a long time and I really miss this. Her hand started gently stroking my cock and I became more aware.

Something's wrong, where am I?

This isn't Kristy. This is Daryna. How did she get here? I stirred and thought about how she came to my bed, that we're both naked and she's encouraging my sex.

"Hi," she whispered. "Hi," I whispered back. "I wasn't expecting this."

"I hope you're not angry with me," she said in her soft voice. "I thought it would be nice to be in bed with you." There was uncertainty in her voice.

I became conscious of her pussy pressing on my thigh, and her full breast on my chest. Yes it's been a while, and this felt good.

"No, uh, how can I be angry with you. But is this something you want?"

"Oh yes," she whispered back, now sounding more certain and slightly more hopeful. "I have not felt a closeness with someone in a long time. You have been so good to me, I want to share this with you. Really." Her eyes were big and intent.

Well she sounded authentic. I wondered if I should feel a little guilty that she's just wanting to pay me back for everything, paying me with sex. How important is that? Not sure, because at this moment, it was hard to think straight, to take any kind of high ground. A beautiful naked woman is lying next to me, encouraging my sex and giving every indication of a willingness to give herself to me, right here and now. I nodded to her, and she smiled with her white teeth in return.

Daryna pushed herself up to kneel on her knees, lifting the covers off me, and she looked mischievously in my eyes. Then she turned her attention to my groin, and pushed my legs apart. With one hand, she fondled my balls, and with the other hand she guided my cock into her mouth. And then she proceeded to stimulate my cock and my balls with passion and energy, and it wasn't long before I felt an eruption coming. My eyes were on her beautiful arched naked body and long flowing black hair partially covering me. I came hard into her mouth as she sucked my cock and I moaned in pleasure. When she brought her head up, she smiled, and I realized she swallowed every drop. Wow, I was impressed.

12