Vienna Story

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Ah..." Eli started slowly, reminding himself what was secret and what was not. "I do believe my visit coincides by chance with a charitable mission to Christians in Hercegovina. Originally it was meant for Sarajevo, if my information is reliable. As to her arrival here, I have heard nothing."

"It seems," Frau Pucić said, "the Christians have the upper hand in portions of Hercegovina, but they still require humanitarian aid...a convoluted business, surely."

"Clearly my hostess has given these matters some thought."

"Oh," she said, "it's impossible not to see the news and hear the rumors -- often it's difficult to tell fact from fiction."

Eli said, "On the field of battle, I have read, everyone ignores the truth, which is the first casualty of any war."

Helena spoke up finally: "What do you think will happen in this area, Herr Jansen? Who will exercise the power when the Ottomans lose it?"

Eli was mildly surprised that the beauty before him joined the conversation. He looked directly at her. "It seems to me," Eli said, "that whoever wants control of the area will have to fight for it. And it really comes down to either Austria-Hungary, or Russia. I doubt seriously our armed forces can match up against a determined Russian onslaught, besides which, fighting the Russians could be seen as support for the Ottomans, which is out of the question. So it would appear the Russians will take the land around the Black Sea, and the power that goes with it."

"But will the Great Powers sit idly by and allow this to happen?" the mother asked.

"Ah!" cried Eli. "The variable of the senior partners. I think it's very possible they will try to rein in the Czar before he lays claim to too much."

The three continued in this vein for another twenty minutes before a clerk appeared at the door. It was the same functionary who delivered the telegram to Herr Pucić the evening before. "Gospodin Jansen?"

Eli turned in his seat. "Yes?"

"I beg your pardon, sir," said the clerk, "but could you please attend the master? He would have a word with you."

Eli stood. "Of course." He turned to Marina, still regally seated. She held her hand out to Eli, who took it, bent low, and kissed it. He turned to Helena, who'd stood as soon as Eli had. She offered her hand as though to shake Eli's, but Eli brought it to his lips and kissed it, exactly as he had done with her mother's. He held her eyes the entire time, which had almost imperceptibly opened wider.

"I look forward to continuing this conversation," he said, and finally let go of Helena's hand and stood a few feet from the table. He made a tight little bow and said, "Please excuse me."

On the way to the Pucić's office, the clerk told Eli, "And also, a telegram come for you."

"Well...!"

Once admitted to the master's office, Eli read the telegram from Hoffmann at the firm: EJansen: Andrassy asks assistance escorting Baroness to Vienna. Pls advise soonest after her arrival Dubrovnik. French have been advised. Will accommodate timing."

Eli felt an instant worry about how he would escort the Baroness in the company of Hilda. Or how even to explain Hilda's presence. At any rate, he had the clerk telegram the office to acknowledge receipt, and to promise further communication later that day.

"Presumably," Eli said, "Herr Pucić, you've read this?" Pucić nodded. Eli continued: "It appears I'm to escort the Baroness back to the capital. Do you have any word on her injuries?"

Pucić spoke briefly to the clerk, who left. To Eli he said, "Nothing too serious, I think. I've been told she labors somewhat with her walking and uses a cane, supplied by a physician in Mostar."

"Well," Eli said, "it appears then, the only remaining business for me, other than Baroness Reider, is your correspondence with Herr Hoffmann."

Pucić held a packet of papers out to Eli, sizable and sealed. "This is it. All concluded. I appreciate your kind service in this matter, Herr Jansen."

Before Eli could speak, the clerk returned to the office with Frau Pucić.

"Ah, dearest," Pucić said to her. "You'll have to forgive me for interrupting your conversations with Herr Jansen yet again."

"Not at all, dear," Marina said. She nodded toward Eli who nodded in return.

"Well then," Pucić said, "Herr Jansen's employer, our dear friend Hoffmann, vouches so steadfastly for Eli here, that he -- Herr Jansen -- has been recruited by Count Andrassy, to escort Baroness Reider home to Vienna. I thought if you were to accompany them it would ease matters considerably. Would you be amenable to a few days of travel, and seeing the capital again?"

Eli looked at Pucić in wonder.

After a moment's surprise, Marina said, "I think if Herr Jansen could stand the company of two well-seasoned females, I should be delighted to travel in his company."

"Oh, thank you, my dear," Pucić said. "I knew you would reward my confidence!" To Eli he said, "Notice she didn't mention the Baroness's company."

"Oh, Rafael," Marina scolded, "do not prejudice our young friend against the noble lady. He must form his own conclusions."

"Of course, dear," he said, "very true."

Eli picked up the sealed sheaf Pucić had given him. He looked at Marina. "Gospodia Pucić, it appears we will form a traveling party. I hope you will not grew too tired of my dull company."

She smiled very prettily. "Oh, Herr Jansen," she said, "I believe that question is more appropriately mine than yours."

Eli said, "Ah! I hardly think so." He returned her smile and turned to her husband. "And thank you so much, Your Honor," he said. He breathed deeply. "And so I have some transcriptions to make about my visit to Rijeka. I should get back to my hotel."

"Of course," Pucić said. "Please bear in mind, Herr Jansen...Eli, that my facilities here are open to you should you require them."

Eli looked at Pucić. "That is most kind, Your Honor. You will see me a little later in the day in that case. I must to my hotel room to organize my documents. Hvala vam pulo." [Thank you very much.]

Eli found Hilda in the hotel café, looking uncomfortable. She jumped to her feet the instant she saw him enter. He kissed her cheek. "Sweet Hilda," he murmured to her.

"Oh darling," she said, deeply relieved. "Please what is the news?"

"Let's dine, please!" he said. "I'm famished."

Hilda searched his face intently after they ordered. "So, my dear," he said, breaking apart a roll, "let me explain all, and we will have some telegrams to send, eh?" He encouraged her to eat. "I think the thicket has been cleared by Herr Pucić."

She looked at him and he started. "Baroness Reider will arrive at some point this afternoon. She's sustained injuries and is walking with a cane. I'm sure she's also had a terrible shock. I'll know more when I see her I guess. I received a telegram from Hoffmann saying Count Andrassy 'is hoping' I can escort the Baroness back to Vienna."

Hilda's eyes got big and she wanted to say something, but couldn't form any words.

Eli reached and touched her arm. "Do not discommode yourself, my dear," Eli said. "Let me explain all. Herr Pucić, when he became aware of Andrassy's 'request,' suggested it might be much easier for all concerned if his wife, Marina, travel with us, and take advantage of an opportunity to visit relations in Vienna, and see the capital again. So..." Eli said, between mouthfuls of roll smeared with sweet butter, "I think we should report all to you mother, and you should return home as soon as it can be accomplished."

Hilda's face tightened up and her lips turned firmly down. After a moment she could apparently see the advantages of this outcome. "Promise me one thing, Eli," she said.

Eli looked at her. "Of course. What is it?"

"If I'm to be deprived of you on my voyage home, promise me, on your honor, to visit me there very regularly. Please! Upon my word, I will hold you to it!" Eli could see the tears in her eyes.

Hedging, complaining, or prevaricating in that moment struck Eli as impossible. Earnestly he said, "I promise."

They drafted a telegram to her mother, informing her of their plan. In particular, Eli knew how put out she'd be about his returning with the Baroness, but with her injury and Frau Pucić to accompany them, he hoped all would be well. After all, what could she say about Count Andrassy asking directly for his assistance? Meanwhile, he guided the reluctant Hilda, scowl and all, gently through the business of booking a stateroom on the Leithania for the leg to Trieste, reassuring her the whole way. It was cruel, Hilda thought, to be rushed along like this; the ship would sail in a few hours, to arrive in Trieste near midnight. Reserving the rail travel seemed to go a little easier. All the passages in hand, they went to Hilda's suite to get everything packed. She worked like a person possessed; Eli was astonished that everything could be secured so swiftly.

There was a method to Hilda's madness. All this packing had been accomplished with Hilda in just her chemise and stockings, and when everything else was ready, she said in a depressed tone to Eli, "Come to bed, my handsome one. Help me forget we're to be separate for a time." He sat with her on the bed. She said, "Please convince me, promise me," she kissed him deeply, drawing his tongue into her mouth, "that our being apart will only be a short interlude." she kissed him again. "And make our -- mm! -- reuniting so much sweeter...oh, love me Eli, help tide me over until we are together again!"

Hilda was running on again; Eli wanted to get her on her way and deal with any disappointment and recrimination later. He doubted seriously he could keep both Sophie and Hilda happy. But willingly he focused on Hilda, feeling as though certain things would just be beyond his control.

She lay back and spread her legs. Beneath her chemise he was wearing only a pair of unbuttoned pantaloons and Eli plunged his face to her. As he kissed her and ran his tongue sensually along her soaking slit, he inserted his two fingers inside her, and worked his tongue energetically on her juicy quim. He switched early on to her exposed clitoris and in less than half a minute, squealing and moaning, she drenched his face with her fluids, squeezing his head between her ponderous thighs, and holding his head tightly to her. Her body convulsed, shaking her folds in a rapid rhythm. She gasped and rocked for half a minute, Eli trying to maintain his contact, and succeeding pretty well. When at last she seemed to relax a bit, he gently disengaged and quickly removed his trousers and under-drawers. He slowly rubbed his rock-hard cock up and back along the heat and wetness of Hilda's crease, and she gasped and wobbled and reached for him, wanting him inside.

"Not yet, my dear," he said. "Let me prolong it..." She lay back and began to whine as he stroked himself teasingly along her needy sex.

"Eli," she gasped. "Oh, Eli," now she was whining, "please, oh!, come into me my lover. Please!"

Finally Eli allowed the tip of his cock to enter her, but only the tip. Now Hilda reached for him, working her hips and haunches, trying to draw him all the way in. But Eli leaned forward and pinned her hands to the bed. He slid only a very short way farther in, making her more desperate. She was whining and complaining, thrusting her hips trying to engulf him inside her. As Eli slid in maddeningly slowly, she shook her head from side to side, whining, almost crying. She finally comprehended that he would slide fully inside her, and calmed to merely gasping, and trying force her haunches into a rhythm so that he would fuck her finally. But instead he pulled back very slowly, almost removing himself, and this put her into another frenzy. She almost couldn't get the words out, so frustrated, yet so aroused, so desperately needy. "Oh Eli, Eli, PLEASE!" Suddenly he thrust himself in to the hilt and ground against her clitoris. This first thrust he followed up with several more in rapid succession, roughly pushing and grinding into her. After the second or third of these rough poundings Hilda hit her peak, and Eli's constant hard-hitting pushes kept her there. Short of breath, she squealed and gulped for air. She made desperate whines in quick succession, and her rolls of flesh shook and wobbled in her wanton ecstasy. Eli lowered himself to her grasp and kept up the quick thrusting until after a full half minute when the wheezing Hilda's orgasmic clenching eased off. She labored to catch her breath, but otherwise lay inert, her legs splayed out and her arms resting on the bed.

Eli gently extricated himself from her and stood looking down at her, when there was a knock on the door. Eli hastily buttoned up and answered, where a hotel clerk had a telegram. "The fraulein wanted to be informed when her reply came," he said.

Eli tipped him handsomely after taking the telegram.

Hilda, I am agreed with planned return. Pls convey Eli I anxiously await him.

Hilda dressed as Eli dealt with her baggage. Finally, wordlessly, they stood together near the hotel entrance. She breathed deeply, turned to him, kissed his cheek, and held him tight. Eli started to say again that he would accompany her to the pier, but she would have none of it. She wanted the parting to be over.

Eli went back to his room and sat quietly for a time. After the exertions of his eight or nine days with Hilda, he felt quite alone.

He carefully gathered up and arranged his papers, making sure to secure the packet Herr Pucić had given him. He took the now-familiar cab ride to the Pucić town home. When he arrived he was shown a small room with a table near a window, and he laid his case down and breathed deeply. He asked when the Baroness was expected and was told it was not entirely settled, but at any rate later in the evening than originally thought.

Eli mulled over this mildly surprising news when Frau Pucić appeared at his open door. He stood and crossed to her, reaching for her hand and bowing. "Gospodia Pucić, how marvelous to see you," he said.

She glanced down, smiling, and raised her eyes to his. "It is good to see you as well, Herr Jansen," she said. "We are in a suspended state, are we not? We await the injured Baroness, and our anticipated departure shall remain a mystery as well, even after she arrives."

"All very true," Eli said. He was about to invite Marina to sit down when a clerk appeared with a letter.

He said, "This came by diplomatic pouch, sir, just before noon."

"Diplomatic pouch!?" Eli took the letter. It was from Sophie.

Marina said, "In his duties, Rafael frequently makes use of the Ministry of State delivery services. They are very secure."

"Of course," Eli said, feeling it was obvious. He looked at Sophie's handwriting.

"You will want to read your letter," Gospodia Pucić said. "May I return in a quarter hour?"

"My gracious hostess is so kind," Eli said. "Do you mind terribly?"

She turned to go, saying over her shoulder, "Not at all. I shall attend you soon," and quietly left.

My dear Eli, There are several illustrious personages here in Vienna who anxiously await your return. Count Andrassy chief among them of course, but perhaps I should make prior mention of Otto Baron Reider, whose wife has run afoul of the Herzegovinian Uprising. Herr Hoffmann wants his prize associate back where he can make the best use of him. And then of course there is me.

Darling Eli, I have been cruelly bereft since you left Vienna. I look at the calendar and cannot credit that it is a mere matter of a week and a half, Oh! it feels as months and months! Please make haste to me, Eli. Hilda's reports of your tour have had the effect of making me jealous of my own daughter, touring and seeing the sights along the Adriatic Coast with you. I feel it only right it should have been me. But perhaps your absence has allowed me to find and make certain of my feelings for you, clearing away the haze of my immediate reaction, and leaving the clear, burnished love for you that I nurture deep in my heart.

As regards in whose company your return will take place, I'm sure I need not remind you in the strongest possible terms, please take care around that creature. I'm quite heartened that Frau Pucić accompanies you. I have made her acquaintance and know her to be a steady, trustworthy sort. You know my worry and my expectation. Nothing more need be said on the subject.

Please make haste, Eli! Return to my loving arms! Your devoted Sophie

He finished and looked up to see Frau Pucić and her daughter at the door. They appeared ready to carry on their conversation with Eli. In contrast to their earlier chat, the lovely Helena was more reticent, and dropped her gaze whenever Eli met her eyes. Eli gently drew her out, praising her ideas or her fresh point of view. He made sure never to condescend, however. He wanted her to see that he valued her opinion and was open to her perspective. After a time, she flourished under this treatment, and spoke confidently, and always seemed aware that she might have to cite facts and examples. She was smiling broadly when the little group broke up.

At length, after the midday meal was past and before the pre-dinner social hour, Herr Pucić's carriage pulled into the compound with its gracious lady on board. Eli waited in the well-appointed entry hall as Frau Pucić and her husband and daughter stood in the courtyard to greet the Baroness. Her progress was slow from carriage to door; when Eli saw her, it almost didn't look like the same woman he'd met a week and a half ago. The main difference with her was her difficulty in getting around. Leaning awkwardly on a rough wooden crutch, she made painful-looking progress through a combination of steps and hops. With each hop her face creased more deeply in pain. Gone was the conspiratorial twinkle in her eye, gone the jovial outlook. Her jowls just made her look more haggard now, and she clearly wanted a bath. Even her clothes announced this; they were creased themselves, and showed the dust of travel.

One of the housemaids attending to her, left her side, entered the house, and said to Eli, "The Baroness is in quite a foul humor. She has already mentioned that she is entirely unfit to be seen. If you are acquainted with her, I would not greet her now, but wait until she has had a chance to settle and to refresh her appearance. No one has mentioned you to her, and I will make sure your surprise is not spoiled."

Eli looked at her in surprise and glanced out the front door where the Baroness painfully approached. "That wouldn't be unkind, do you think?"

"Oh, sir," she replied, "the greatest kindness you can perform is to wait until the Baroness feels fit to receive you."

"Perhaps you're right." Eli headed to the office he'd been given and continued to work on his papers. He also set to work drafting a letter to Sophie, acknowledging her letter in fond terms, assuring her of his impatience to see her again, etc.

Within the hour Frau Pucić drew Eli away from his work table and brought him to the drawing room. The Baroness was seated in the central chair, her foot discreetly resting on a low footstool. She looked very much more herself. She had an aperitif on a small side table and was talking animatedly to Pucić and his daughter about some incident at court. Eli hesitated just inside the door.

She glanced up and stopped her speech dead. She stared at Eli, barely believing her eyes. "Why -- Herr Jansen! My heavens, what a surprise! What do you do here?"

He advanced to her and took her hand. "I perform tasks as directed by superiors in my office, gracious lady. A very great pleasure to see you here and in such good spirits," he said as he bowed handsomely over her hand.

"I thank you kindly, sir," Maria said. "You will forgive me if I fail to recover from my shock on seeing you."

1...7891011...13