All Comments on 'Village Tales: Alexia Pt. 01'

by Rhythm_N_Ooze

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Not bad but...

I get that its about Alexia and all but still, parts of this didnt seem to work for me. The daughters dont feel like narrators, they feel like main characters. So the fact that they arent at all important for the majority of the story seems strange. But then you also mentioned that they showed up at the convent and even that there may be some relationship between them sexually, but never came back to it. I dont know yet, maybe later on that will come up. Guess ill have to find out. I just think you could do with a revision of both the sequence and the duration of events, at least in this chapter. I felt like alexias story was an interlude in the girls' story that went on way too long rather than the story itself.

On that note, i wasnt aware when i signed up that a 14 year old girl would be technically raped by her father, raped by some kids, and have sex with another kid. Its just kinda random pedophelia that i didnt need.

Finally, it seems odd to me that the girl watching could see her mothers thoughts and flashbacks while the other two, who simply couldnt see, were unable to even guess what was happening. There was a lot kf discussion that explained much of the scenario quite clearly.

All that being said, i liked the story and plan on finishing the series. It was we written, and generally a good story aside from my complaints.

Rhythm_N_OozeRhythm_N_Oozeabout 13 years agoAuthor

Thanks for your comments. They're always welcome. The story was my first attempt at writing erotica and was written somewhat episodically over maybe 20 years. I would write a section and then some time later find it again and edit what was there and add new parts. As you can probably understand, each foray reflects my thought processes at the time and I agree, as a consequence the story jumps about a bit. I was a fan of the flashback.

I understand how you might not be comfortable with parts of the story, I have trouble with certain themes in stories by others too. The scenes from Alexia's youth were there as back-story to explain how she became the person she was.

By and large I tried to keep the story within a historical frame where events adhere to a morality described in literature written during the Anglo Saxon era.

But in the end it is just a story designed to entertain. It is however, unusual when a commentator takes the effort to candidly critique work on this site and I thank you for it.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous