All Comments on 'Vine, Wine & Dine'

by Frankenstein1962

Sort by:
  • 18 Comments
MajorRewriteMajorRewrite10 months ago

A quirky romance, although I guess fucking the sister and the mom pushed it out of the usual expectations for the romance category. Anyway, I liked it a lot. Good writing.

dwoelfledwoelfle10 months ago

Very nice tale. My head is already busy writing the happily ever after. Thank you.

dgfergiedgfergie10 months ago

A good story interrupted by a lot of sweating and groaning, otherwise known as sex. I'm just and old man and sex really is an overrated pass time although enjoyable at times. I did enjoy the story though, thank you. 5 stars

Comentarista82Comentarista8210 months ago

I must say that if I exclude Bethany (Jill and Stacy's mom) and this ending, this story would be worth a 5.

Positives: he wheeled and dealed with the best, made great money, made a lot of people happy (including his family) but somehow gets shafted by the very people he enriched. I see that, and it creates tons of sympathy for him. At first I thought the allegations wouldn't take that long to investigate, but turns out a typical case runs from 12-18 mos,, so I stand corrected on that. Loved how you brought him to review Erin's plan, then invest himself in building that business; you also created great quips between him and his brother ("had you called ahead, I would have known not to open the door to you"), with Tiffany ("you're my favorite uncle!!" --I'm your ONLY uncle, you little shit!), and in general he interacted with all his **clientele** well and amiably. I believe filling the story with more repartee like this would have served it better.

----

Now, that's not to say how well you detailed the sex and other things were lacking...but there were missing elements, like perhaps Jill having a knock-down, drag-out argument with her mother over her slutty behavior: if there were ever a need for a "burn the bitch" addition to the storyline, this was it. I mean...how could her mother screw the guy Jill liked and Stacy appreciated and do it with a straight face, give into it and then go stone-cold bitch on him although she engineered the whole thing? Instead, we only see perhaps a two-sentence conclusion, where Jill states her mom is a bitch. When we end the story, Jill still doesn't know that much about him, but neither has tried to find out yet about the other, which is why I would have thought the story should have excluded the mom until the wedding, where maybe she gave him the once-over and raked him over to coals first to see if he was a respectable guy for her daughter. This ending as is just didn't work. While I loved the idea of an older guy bagging such a babe...I can't ignore the story structure nor what was there or wasn't there. 4

inka2222inka222210 months ago

Damn, I'm not sure if I should be upset or not. On one hand, 99.999999% of the time, I consider paternity fraud to be an egregious crime worthy of capital punishment for the maternal unit (paternal one depends on their intent, behavior and circumstances - this is one case where it clearly wasn't his fault AND he didn't intend it). On the other hand the husband was a cheating asshole before the wedding, although given the woman was marrying him for his money, they are worth each other as assholes and a perfect match. Also, the old cuntbag - leaving aside the asshole move of moving in on her daughter's crush - cheated on her husband. In a just world, her husband is a cheating ass too, OR, she'd be punished severely, neither of which happened in this story.

But the MC's storyline was good and interesting, if a little marty-Sue (well this is LitErotica, if that was a sin, 90% of stories her are guilty of it).

I'm giving it 4.5 stars rounded to 5 in the end, for effort, quality, and enjoyment value, but it'd have been 5 stars if there was sufficient karmic payback on the rest of Jlll's asshole family (except her father if he's not a cheater)

inka2222inka222210 months ago

@Comentarista82 - "shafted by the people he enriched" - that's pretty much how most Wall Street works. For that matter, that is how nearly ALL human enterprise for the last 10,000 years worked. That's why the only way to win is to own your own business, if you can. And yeah as I said in my own comment, the fact that the cunt mummy didn't get her comeuppance for what she did to BOTH her daughter AND especially her husband, is a big problem.

Wash2015Wash201510 months ago

I gave it 5*, very good story, in my head it was 4.5. A few unclear areas, ex: how he was confident the baby couldn't be his or at least low probability.

But the areas that bugged me were minor and over all I enjoyed it.

WoodencavWoodencav10 months ago

I enjoyed it for the storey warts and all. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

francemanfranceman10 months ago

Sorry, but that was too much for me.

The sister, then the mother.

The possibility of being a nephew's father.

He cuckolded his future father-in-law.

Wow!!!

The whole situation was too unhealthy and took me completely out of the encounter between the two protagonists.

Next episode: The truth comes out, a family explodes over a family meal.

Comentarista82Comentarista8210 months ago

@france

Don't know if this author fancies making another chapter, but what you proposed with the family exploding while eating together would be worth reading! I got the idea though this is a one-hit special.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Ended too soon, he needs to tell her how well off he is… Honestly think this is ripe for a sequel, what happens when the baby looks like him? Or the mother tries to seduce him again? Or blackmail him? So many open ended questions that a sequel could tie up or add to and I’d love to read it.

Rapierwit24601Rapierwit2460110 months ago

Wonderful story!

Don’t you just wonder about folks with so little imagination that they need you to complete a story that has reached a seminal conclusion? Always leave them wanting more!

ONE BUG: The past tense of “grind” is “ground”, unless, of course, you use “grinded coffee” for your morning cup. Given the amount of grinding that goes on in the stories here, I’ve made it my life’s mission to eradicate this error. Seriously, I’ll venture that 80% of writers here use the incorrect past tense of “ground” (not to mention the awful “kneeled” in place of the elegant “knelt”).

Keep ‘em coming’!!!

JuanTwoNoJuanTwoNo10 months ago

I broke out laughing when he met her mother in the receiving lin! 5.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

OK but,totally unbelievable. He’s not a very likable character as a shifty Wall Street investor and then a male slut while driving drunken women to wineries. The whole bit with his relationship with the young sister of a soon-to-be bride he supposedly knocked up is bad enough but then their mother purposely goes on one of his tour and then fucks him? Please!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

good story. nice twists. a bit long. he might have told her he didn't need to work cause he had plenty of money. It would be a nice wrap up/closure.

HansiMaierHansiMaier4 months ago

Great text. An old romantic wirting.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Nice, romantic, sexy fantasy. What's not to like about it?

AnonymousAnonymous3 days ago

Enjoyable. Had the thought that Beth was the mom with zero evidence, so I dismissed it and then … !

Overall Chris is a problematic protagonist, but that’s not uncommon for this author, and if he makes Jill happy then let’s go with it. Nice touch that Jill returned and Beth was a bitch when they didn’t know Chris’ story; one more chapter with all of the cards on the table could be a fun follow-up — if it could be a straightforward, sweet romance with the sisters both set up for their happily-ever-rafters.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userFrankenstein1962@Frankenstein1962
Just submitted the last of my romance stories I have been clinging to. The next few won't be in that category. I have one "Erotic Couplings", cued up, but everything else is still an earworm. Hopefully I can find the words to collaborate with my thoughts. Cheers in 2024. Rema...

story TAGS