All Comments on 'Violet Ch. 02'

by AwkwardMD

Sort by:
  • 31 Comments
beachbum1958beachbum1958almost 8 years ago
Well written and complling

Your exploration of Violet's various neuroses' and hang-ups was both masterful and interesting enough to keep me reading; once again I found myself unable to not read through to the end, even though the subject matter is so far out of my own comfort-zone. An easy 5 stars

AwkwardMDAwkwardMDalmost 8 years agoAuthor
Thank you soooooo much!

@BeachBum

Extremely flattering. Extremely high praise. Thank you for giving Violet a chance. It’s incredibly validating to have Violet be well received despite that it's not simply straight ahead incest. I appreciate both your comments greatly, and take them both to heart.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
same story you posted 1/16/16

Why are we seeing this same story you posted 5 months ago???

AwkwardMDAwkwardMDalmost 8 years agoAuthor
Redundancy is redundant

@Anon

Chapter 1 includes an intro explaining briefly that this story was taken down for personal reasons and reposted with minor corrections. I didn't think it was necessary to put a disclaimer on both

DamoscinosDamoscinosalmost 8 years ago
Love the story

While your story telling is almost addictively compelling, I do find myself a little annoyed when you characters suddenly switch language and I have no idea what they are saying. I know it is quite obvious which ball park the conversation is in, I just feel that it breaks the flow of the story for me, so if it is not too much hassle please translate for those of us too lazy to learn 2nd or 3rd languages.

Many Thanks

Damoscinos

AwkwardMDAwkwardMDalmost 8 years agoAuthor
Thank you

@Damo

Thank you so much. I sincerely appreciate every compliment and every opinion.

The inclusion of untranslated Spanish dialogue is fully intentional. On the one hand, the dialogue is largely instructional. You may not understand what is being commanded, but I went to lengths to try and have the actions explain themselves. The dialogue can be inferred, for the most part. I think that the big three Romance languages (Italian/Spanish/French) are incredibly, incredibly sexy sounding, and just that by itself warrants inclusion in stories from time to time.

On the other hand, the intentional lack of translations is alienating by design, which you and many others have picked up on. It’s meant to help you feel what Violet feels; left out, and yet unable to look away (or in the case of the reader, stop reading). That discomfort and struggle then is paid off in the final scene, where Ariana subtly begins the process of teaching Violet some Spanish as they walk into the house. Literally and metaphorically bringing Violet into the family.

My goal is always to write stories that stay with you. To make a mark and lurk in the back of the minds of readers. I hope that I've done that.

CarlusMagnusCarlusMagnusalmost 8 years ago
I have to agree...

...with beachbum1958. When I saw the tags, I passed the story by. But when I saw his comment, I decided to read it.

Five stars.

AwkwardMDAwkwardMDalmost 8 years agoAuthor
Yuuuuge

@CarlusMagnus

A huge thank you for giving Violet a chance, no matter what the circumstances were. Thank you for your comment, and for having the maturity to differentiate between not liking *part* of a story and not liking a story.

8letters8lettersalmost 8 years ago
If you want people to read your story...

...provide a more descriptive name and a meaningful description. I haven't read your story. "Violet Ch. 01, Chapter 1" and "Violet Ch. 02, Chapter 2" tell me nothing and I prefer not to risk my time on a pig in a poke.

AwkwardMDAwkwardMDalmost 8 years agoAuthor

@8letters

My goals and methods are my own. I am not writing to build a fanbase in the hopes of parlaying that into a career. I write what I write, and I call it what I want. You do you, boo, but don't presume to tell me how to do me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Excellent

I like your short story and it was very sexy to me.. Keeping writing your own style of story telling.. I had an orgasm and didn't need to touch myself..ummmmm

CDchrystalCDchrystalalmost 8 years ago
Impressive

I was originally drawn to your series by a what I thought may have been a brother / sister story. At first I was put off by the Spanish until I saw your explanation of it - then it made total sense. A very unique style of writing to be sure, but you have done it effectively and deserve credit for that. As you might deduce from my screen name, I can understand the conflicted feelings in my own way. Great job.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Dean

I like the way the story flows. I also like the dialogue you have created, it brings the two sisters together in a powerful way, good exposition. I would have liked a bit more background on Mom and how she got where she is in the story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Engrossed again

I remember reading this series of stories several months ago and yet I am still thoroughly intrigued enough to read through both chapters again. I do hope that this time you can post more than you did previously in regards to this series. Loving it as much this time as I did before.

AwkwardMDAwkwardMDalmost 8 years agoAuthor
Thank you

@Anon

A hands-free orgasm, because of my story, means I win Literotica. Thank you for letting my story affect you that deeply, because that kind of connection requires you to be open to it.

AwkwardMDAwkwardMDalmost 8 years agoAuthor
Thank You

@CDChrystal

I bet you do. I'm glad to hear this story connected with you, and that it rang true for you. I'm glad that you found something you weren't looking for, and enjoyed it all the same.

AwkwardMDAwkwardMDalmost 8 years agoAuthor
Thank You

@Dean-Anon

There are many layers of inspiration for this story, but one of them was a story a friend of mine wrote. It was about a brother and sister, and the story started when they moved into their own apartment together. It sidestepped the beginning of their feelings for each other, and it sidestepped the 'getting away with it'. It skipped all the emotional stuff and jumped to "Here's two people fucking, and oh by the way they're siblings."

No judgement. It was a popular story, and people liked it. I was inspired to do something different though. Thank you for appreciating the buildup, and the gradual introduction of the tension. In my mind, that always makes the payoff that much more powerful.

AwkwardMDAwkwardMDalmost 8 years agoAuthor
Thank you

@The last two Anons

There was originally a lot more going to happen in this story, but I've decided to end it here. The plot became very convoluted after this, and largely persisted as a vehicle for sex. That’s fine sometimes, but I wasn't happy with it. I'm working on another story very slowly that explores some of the same kinks with more external plot with a little more legs on it.

One of the things I didn't have time to get into as much as I wanted was the relationship between Arianna and Valentina. It’s extremely ritulaistic. Everything they do, every word, movement and nuance, is foreplay building up to the next time they fuck. It’s something they do together, that they crafted together over years and years both to protect themselves, and they do it to make sure every time hit the notes they both needed.

Valentina was put in a very bad situation by her ex-husband. She was basically forced to stay home from the day they married, and that was used against her in the custody battle. That she had no job and no means of providing for Violet. She made the painful decision to stop pursuing custody of Violet so that she could raise Arianna without him at all. By the time this story starts, Valentina has achieved some success for herself, due to her aggressive and assertive nature.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Probably one of the best reads ever

I wanna know if and when yku will write and publish a third chapter where the mother and daughter's work to build a relationship together. I really only have kne complaint/suggestion for the next chapter "PLEASE PUT ENGLISH TRANSLATIONS IN BRACKETS FOR SPANISH DIALOGUE!!!" I am from South Africa and i dont a sliver of Spanish outside of Si and "Me hablo no Espanol" switching between Google translate is already Hard enough on my phone. Please please remember this for those who don't know Spanish

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Thank you

You just can't stop yourself from ruining the flow of your story. If you are going to add Spanish then add some translation as well cause I can promise you most of the people reading you story can't read it. Honestly it's the shit is so irritating because your writing is so good then you go and purposefully alienate what is most likely a big segment of the people who would enjoy your story. Couldn't even finish the story because of it. I love to read and to me it felt like someone purposefully taking away something I love.

MarshallaMarshallaabout 5 years ago
Have to agree ...

... switching to Spanish takes a lot from the story, for those of us who, at least, aren't bilingual. I find myself wondering, do I Copy the text, and go to Google Translate and Paste?

Otherwise it's a great story, and I voted accordingly.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Fuck you people who insist ...

that the author write THEIR story your way. It isn't about you, and it probably wasn't even FOR you either. Write your own stories. Read your own stories. You don't deserve that someone shares THEIR stories with you. Pathetic self-centered assfuckingholes.

AwkwardMDAwkwardMDalmost 5 years agoAuthor
Oh By The Way

I have, over the years, collected a lot of art (for this story and others). Be sure to check http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=1496319 to see these characters and more!

IlliterateScholarIlliterateScholarabout 4 years ago
re: Fuck you people who insist ...

I'm just kinda curious whether the author decided, "Hey, I'd like for much of my English-speaking audience to (a) be forced to copy+paste several pages of sexually-explicit dialog into a search engine that saves that information to identify ads, products, and services you might want and offer that information to several businesses that have poor, at best, track records keeping it safe from hackers, or (b) simply skip those sections of the story (like I did).

I mean, I can understand that writing a story is a large amount about the author, but posting a story is more about an audience. I suppose maybe the author hates people who haven't taken the effort to learn /specifically/ Spanish... Ok, yeah, that is either unlikely or speaks to a very personal issue regarding English-speaking people.

I would never expect an author to omit or change the language of dialog that is meant to be spoken in a specific language (as a matter of fact, I am almost religious about watching anime in the original Japanese audio with subtitles), BUT it would makes a lot of sense to provide the English translation in parentheses, brackets, or braces. I know that some phrases, words, or idioms aren't going to have perfect translations, but you can't argue that posting the best English equivalent, as the author sees it, isn't better than letting Google or a non-native speaker translate it instead (or worse, letting a person's (my) eyes gloss over and skip it (along with the rest of the scene, because why bother reading the porn if it's going to be nothing that benefits the story without the dialog).

Now, to the author:

Regardless of the fact that I basically had to skip more than half the mother's dialog, I thought what I could u,understand of the story was beautiful. I enjoyed reading it, and loved Violet and Ariana. I kinda came away from the story feeling like Valentina was a domineering bitch, though, and that may only be because I have a REALLY poor grasp of Spanish, making what I tried to understand of her dialog appear similar to the heartless Dom side of some of the BDSM examples I've seen elsewhere on Lit. If I had had some subtitles that might have changed, because it sometimes looked like you were trying to humanize her, while the rest of the time she was given this air of superiority that clashed with Ariana's feelings for her. I would really like to see more of the story, where maybe we could get a glimpse into Valentine's character, what caused her to split from her husband and me at contact Violet, and how Violet would deal with her new relationship with Arians knowing about Ariana's relationship with her mother.

OmenainenOmenainenover 3 years ago

Oh, wow. This just might be my favorite incest story of all times. That’s not saying very much, because I don’t read incest, but I said it anyway, so there! I think I would’ve liked the futa version as well, but this worked wonderfully like it is now. I didn’t really like nor was I interested in the mother, but I loved both sisters, especially Violet. So sweet.

(And I didn’t mind the Spanish at all. I did translate some of it, though. I find it weird that it has gotten so much attention in comments.)

Only_connectOnly_connectover 3 years ago

A great story. So surprising, deep and sexy! The Spanish was a little too much, IMO. A little bit, yes. But there was quite a lot of Spanish dialogue... I got the gist, but it held up the flow of the story a little bit for me.

burkdmburkdmabout 3 years ago
Change the tags

Given that you removed the futa content from the story it would be good if you removed the futa tags cause it messes up people searches.

Good story though.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Yeah...no. To be fair, there's a decent story hiding in here between the two sisters, but the mother brings it all crashing down. The well practiced and ritualistic sex between her and the youngest sister brings some seriously dark implications to the story. It's clear this isn't something they just started doing last week. A lot was made of the father's shortcomings, but there was no mention of his being a predatory monster, like the mother. The character was repulsive in every way.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

It would have been beneficial to include at least one likable character. Also, the Spanish was a poor choice.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

It's a good incest story. The mother is a bit of an odd and dark character though.

ToughSailorToughSailorabout 2 months ago

Sorry, but this story was just too much of a head trip for me to enjoy - Again with the Spanish? -

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAwkwardMD@AwkwardMD
Just pressed submit on my latest collaboration with Omenainen! It'll be up on our shared account (link below) hopefully in the next few days. I'm really excited about this one. It's short and sweet (and sweaty) and it came together in a flash. Can't wait to get it out to y...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Violet Ch. 01 Previous Part
Violet Series Info