All Comments on 'Virginia and her Virginity'

by barry240646

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
AngusMAngusMabout 2 years ago

I do love a good fairy story

neil1955neil1955about 2 years ago

Quite an interesting, but sensual change of pace from the typical story here.

OvercriticalOvercriticalabout 2 years ago

This is indeed a tale from Fantasyland, but with too many plot faults. Could Ginny's virginity be due to a lack of interest and libido? Hard to tell, but I found myself not liking any of the characters. The two older women were more interesting, but I can't see them in the roles painted here.

This author is guilty of a very, very common writing fault which is so easily corrected that I wonder why it persists throughout Literotica. I have found the inability to master the "I vs me" dilemma to be very annoying although it is really inconsequential in the bigger picture of plot and character development problems which are much more common here. The author actually started one sentence with: "Nanny and I's..." instead of the obvious: "Nanny and my..." I's - - -absolutely incredible. The plot was cool for a while, but basically kind of silly. And the whole idea of a 36 hour courtship leading to an engagement and joint proclamations of "love". Even in Fantasyland this is kind off the wall. I gave this an overly generous 3* only for the originality of the mystery ball. Nice to see something original here.

WittonWittonabout 2 years ago

No real plot - no problem which had to be overcome or misstep to be avoided - should have been in Sci-Fi and Fantasy

HarryBalzHarryBalzabout 2 years ago

Boring. For a fantasy, it 'could, shoulda' been more enthusiastic once you got past the ball. No background on either til the end. Little description of their emotions or physical responses. Basically felt like two robots f***ing. Gave it 3 for possibilities and couldn't say I disliked it.

barry240646barry240646about 2 years agoAuthor

The phrase "Nanny and I " was contained within quotes and was spoken by MIs Smith, referring to how Ginny would be dressed jointly by the older women, and is correct grammar in the circumstances.

Other occasions occur where Ginny is talking to Nanny, and are again in speech quotes.

Obviously Overcritical tried very hard to live up to their name. Could they be a frustrated retired English Teacher.? All of their submissions are non-existent and therefore, so far, grammatically perfect.

My Conmmunications lecture at college said, those who can, do, those who can't, teach, and those who can't teach teach Emglish.

My first wife and I were engaged after 36 hours, although our first date, set in the same area, was considerably less expensive. We were married for 32 years and had two great kids.

After all, what's wrong with fairy stories?

Mike9947Mike9947about 2 years ago

It fascinates me how many wannabe critics can rise up to hammer a creative story.

STORY aka suspension of disbelief.

And a little slack, please, for a few opportunities to tweak the English by you wannabe copy editors.

This was a good STORY - the plot was predictable - but so it is in most fiction.

Tatafn

the_Otter_guythe_Otter_guyabout 2 years ago

Superbly written. It’s nice to read a story with love & marriage instead of a cheating spouse

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userbarry240646@barry240646
Enjoy erotic reading and chat. Non smoker who enjoys good scotch and wine. My age should be obvious. Some of my stories are set in the UK and use UK expressions and vernacular. However, the editor program prefers US spellings and underlines English spellings as wrong. For that...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES