All Comments on 'Virtual Life Experience Pt. 04'

by coldwater1

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Another great one

Please keep them coming quickly. These chapters are great!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Loosing its luster

This is still a five star story but this chapter didn't maintain my interest as much as the previous chapters did. Perhaps because it is no longer new to me. Also, the casual sex earth side leaves a metallic taste in my mouth. The girl (Marcella?) is just flaky, which is fine for a character, but not written with the care it takes to convey her mental state. Also, the cheapness of her encounters is a disappointment rather than interesting or erotic.

I hope you are going to end this right and not be tempted to drag it out too long. Plot twists are fun but you can only stuff so many into a story before readers feel it's a waste of time.

Again, five stars, sorry for the critique, I'm enjoying it.

Ps - I'm a contributor here too but post anonymously to forestall any backlash - know what I'm sayin?

cittrancittranover 7 years ago
Hrm.

I can sympathize (to a degree) with the viewpoint that Marcella's encounters don't seem to match what her mental state seems to be.

Granted, it's also possible that you're building up to something with this that isn't readily apparent yet. Lord knows I read stories already with twists that are planned out WAY in advance. (Etaski's works come to mind...)

That said, I'm of the opinion that if you're willing to post feedback, and you already have an account, you should be willing to stand by your account and defend your viewpoint with logical reasons.

As for plot twists making readers think it's a waste of time...

hah.

HAHAHHAAH.

No.

While that may apply to *some* readers, I can flat-out guarantee you with absolute certainty that there *are* people who enjoy plot twists. Some people like twists for the sake of twists (*COUGH*mnightshyamalan*COUGH*), while others (like me) appreciate them for advancing the plot itself -- provided they're well-written. If a plot twist seems at first to have no logical basis, I'll question it initially, but reserve judgement overall. If a plot twist *never* develops a logical explanation, THEN I will point it out as a problem.

But at this point, I've read/experienced so freaking many stories with twists that were later explained, that I've developed a pretty big tolerance for suppressing the initial "the fuck is this?" reaction. (Video games probably helped a lot with that.)

So 5* again here, and I await the next installment(s) with eager anticipation.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
5/5

*insert long glowing review here*

Again, this is an exceedingly intriguing story. There are underdeveloped/inconsistent characters as mentioned by others, but still, they take little away from the quality of this series.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Intriguing chapter

Ah, the story continues with new twists and turns! I for one was hooked on your writing from your previous stories and made you one of my favorite authors. Keep writing and I will keep reading! I can't wait to see where this story goes!

wankr65wankr65over 7 years ago
Great story so far

Cant wait till the next part comes out.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
excellent so far!

Interesting premise, and the split nature of the story works well also. Looking forward to more. Thanks for sharing it with us!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Next chapter

When Is the next chapter

coldwater1coldwater1about 7 years agoAuthor
The final part has been submitted for publication

It should be approved any day now.

rightbankrightbankover 6 years ago
what happened to the people we met in Part 1?

And the story they were in?

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefover 1 year ago

Well, this chapter answers my question regarding why Nikki wasn't pregnant by now. Not sure why they would sterilize the people they send if they knew they were going to die soon anyway.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous