Visceral Reaction To Disrespect

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

After finishing his two week stint with the kids, Landon returned to his trailer. His next door neighbor, the gossip of the trailer park, knocked on his door within minutes of his arrival.

"Welcome back Landon. Just thought you'd like to know the lady had a gentleman caller."

Rage may lie dormant, but if it hasn't died, it bubbles to the surface quickly. Landon was confused. Why should that bother him? They hadn't been married for almost a year and he had never allowed her to touch him since they reconnected. Reaching for his phone, he decided to clear the air.

"Wendy, I hear you had a man inside MY trailer."

"Landon, calm down. Yes, the person from the mattress store turned out to be a man, but he was there to measure for a new mattress. It was that time of the month and I wasn't careful and stained your mattress. So, if you check, you'll see that I replaced it. I should have mentioned it to you."

A few stunned moments later Landon forced his response out "You didn't need to do that."

"Yes I did, and I need to say I'm sorry. I need to say I'm sorry about a million times. If you'd done to me what I did to you, I'd still be serving a life sentence. I am so so sorry Landon."

Fighting back his emotions Landon simply replied "Whatever" before ending the call.

Checking his bed he did find a new mattress with a bed wetting protective cover.

+ + + +

Landon was sitting outside when Betty walked towards his trailer.

"Hi" was greeted with the bird.

Betty sat down next to him. Both never looked at each other choosing to watch the approaching storm.

"Met the wife" she said.

"EX" he replied.

"She really regrets what she's put you through. Do you still love her?"

"Nope. Don't even want to kill her anymore."

"That's refreshing to hear. Wasn't sure if you were going to get back together with her."

"Not happening. There's a better chance that you'll want to try out my new mattress."

"Hmmm, there's this guy I've had my eye on. Maybe I'll invite him over."

"You do that" with a little chuckle from Landon followed by an elbow poke from Betty.

Betty whispered "How about I bring some leftovers over after dark?"

+ + + +

Epilogue:

Misery loves company. Two wounded souls found solace in each other's company. Betty and Landon like the new mattress. He made her quit smoking and she made him quit drinking.

Landon eventually found a job which paid him near his former salary. He working to catch up on his child support payments.

Wendy was crushed when she realized there would never be another night with Landon in her arms. She often pondered if her marriage was ever really all that strong if she could do such a brazen hateful thing so easily. The one-night stands offered some relief, but that's about all. And for what? She desperately wanted a do-over.

12