Vision Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
MsLuLuX
MsLuLuX
167 Followers

"You know Lou pretty well?"

"We have some friends in common. Richmond's the largest small place you ever did see but mainly I know her from the office. She's been abroad almost every other month for the last 2 years as international legal counsel and speaks Spanish, German, French and god knows what else. With the rebranding effort we're undertaking she travels almost non-stop."

"She single?"

"As far as I know, yeah." He grins at me. "Why, you interested?"

I shrug. "She's a good-looking woman. That hair is interesting."

Matt shakes his head. "Don't get me started on that fro. Girl thinks she's Kathleen Cleaver or something. Lou's from Richmond but lived in New York for years. Girl's been just about everywhere - Argentina, Italy, Tokyo, Portugal, Brazil, Spain, all over France, an Australian stint, New Zealand, Iceland and god knows where else. She's got family somewhere abroad, Europe I think. Law degree from Columbia did - undergrad here though. She entered college at 16.

Lou talks a tough game with her stance on popular charities but she's a champion of the under privileged, does charity work with young black girls and the hungry poor.

Sharp, wicked smart, a menacing memory for written detail. Almost willfully perverse in her opinions and can come off as uncompromising, doesn't suffer fools.

As you've seen she doesn't hesitate to speak her mind and can be downright caustic. Genuinely does not care who she pisses off.

That little scene that went down at your birthday party was Lou-lite.

I, like most men, prefer my women soft and smiling, and while she looks sweet, she's anything but. Not mean, but not all that nice either.

We didn't get along too well at first. Seriously stubborn, a tough nut to crack. But once you do she's the very heart of kindness.

You should have seen her in action a few years back when I had a car accident. She was driving by and saw my SUV turned over on its top and stopped to help. I can still remember those small black military boots walking towards me in the snow and the look of shock on her face when she bent down and recognized me. I later learned we'd been there for over an hour plenty of calls were made to 911, but no one stopped, only Lou. On I95-South in the middle of a blizzard, in that tiny-assed car of hers, cars and trucks just whizzing by and we were occupying most of the slow lane.

There were a ton of accidents during that storm. I still don't know how my wife and I got off with only a broken arm, a few scrapes and a minor contusion between us.

Lou called 911, checked on me and my wife, set up reflectors and called a friend of hers. Big, pretty motherfucker, big as hell, even taller than you. Name of Harry, an auxiliary fireman who was there with the quickness. He cut my wife out of the car and checked us both over.

She knelt in the snow and ice the whole time talking to us calmly, making jokes about how I'd do anything to get out of work.

Even though she likes pecking my head in my neck and tearing me a new one almost every day by email she had nothing but nice things to say as she talked me up to my wife. Went with us to the hospital. Miraculously, the babies were fine. Checked in on us daily and personally asked her doctor friend to look in on my three.

Helped me with my caseload and has been mostly nice to me ever since, helped me advance when no one else would.

On my permanent party list, and she shows up too, but always alone, which is a damned shame as young and pretty as she is. I thought she was maybe knocking around with Harry, but from what I saw of him the other weekend I don't think so. Man was drinking and looked beat down and depressed. Can't say I blame him, the woman is, as they say, fine.

In my admittedly biased estimation: Lou is the motherfuckin' bomb. If I found out she were really RuPaul it wouldn't make a bit of difference. I'm not sure you're her type, but if you're curious about her, get to know her."

Whoa. A superhero, no pressure. I'm not worried about being her type. I managed to attract her before, I'm sure I can manage it again.

"It goes without saying, as I'm pretty sure she wouldn't allow it, but don't even think about messing her about." He gives me a fierce look.

"I'll be on my best behavior."

After a beat he cracks a smile and laughs loudly. "Shee-it, little guppy like you? She'll have you for shark bait."

----

Turnout for Matt's shindig is pretty good. Even the big wigs have shown up to put in a little face time.

Scanning the room I find her in a corner, quietly sipping a drink talking to June, those two seem pretty tight. More like girlfriends than boss and employee.

Pulling out her cell phone she looks at it thumb moving as she reads a text message. Her eyebrow slowly rises. Looking like she could kick the shit out of a truck driver she heads for the door with the phone to her ear, glaring at someone blocking her way until they move. She's back 20 minutes later barely managing to balance two large sheet cakes and a grocery bag. No one else offers so I go over and take the cakes from her.

"Thanks."

"Of course."

She signals to June and we head off to the empty pool room at the back

"What happened with the bakery? There'll be too much cake when they show up," says June.

"I'll take them down to the shelter if they do. I specifically called twice to remind them where we'd be and what time the cake was to be delivered and they assured me everything was fine and now here we are with two cakes with no inscription, they'd fucking better at least taste good. Hopefully there's enough to go around. "

Taking a ready- made pastry frosting can from the bag, she snaps off the top and with gritted teeth, an unsteady left hand and a determined look prepares to write.

"I've got this," says June. She steps in and takes the can and writes Congratulations Matt across both cakes with impressive flourish and precision.

We duck back in just as the festivities begin. Dancing, drinking and pool.

I play a few frames with June who is quite lethal. She eventually squares off against Milton and I gotta give it to her, boss' boss or not she doesn't hold back. He's good but she's very good. I spot Lou looking on and laughing as she talks to Matt.

================

"You have an admirer."

"Really, who?"

"Dax. The man likes you. Don't look at me like I'm crazy. He's not half bad."

"I take it that means you've been digging, you little fake ass private investigator."

"Don't hate on my extra skill set. He's not half bad. At 41, he's little long in the tooth if you ask me, but he's damned accomplished, no kids, never been married, smart and has made some pretty good bank & is debt free. Hell, he's even got a little rhythm."

We watch him dance a step with June. He does have rhythm. Hmmm . . . .

"Like I even care. Besides, what in the actual hell am I supposed to do with a white guy?"

"The same thing you'd do with a black one, fuck him."

"Matt, You are so crude."

"Like you ain't?"

"I know you two have bonded over your charity work and all he seems to be one of those with a conscience, which is commendable, but no."

Some unknown emotion crosses Matt's face. I can't read it at all and it's vaguely disturbing. "I don't know . . . he's not really said why or gone into detail, but that one" he nods towards Dax "seems personally invested somehow."

I look at Matt carefully. "You know something, don't you?"

Matt's face brightens again. "I don't know everything like you do, but yeah, for a change I know something you don't."

"You look so pleased I'm surprised you don't start licking yourself."

"If I were flexible enough I'd give it a shot."

I can't help but laugh. "And you're not going to tell me, are you? You are such an asshole. Well get on up there, they're calling your name."

He rolls off to the stage. I look around only to lock eyes with Dax.

---

I wonder what is going through her mind. She is looking at me like I am a problem to be solved.

With a shake of her head she turns her attention to the stage where Matt is holding forth. Everyone is cracking up, he is a character.

He seems like a good man I certainly hope he and I can hang out more as he's got the inside scoop on the - would be - object of my affections. Maybe we can catch a game and have drinks invite him down for barbecue or something.

Taking the razzing from coworkers in stride, he says a little something in return and ends his big speech by giving a special shout-out to Lou. But when we look around for her she's gone.

Typical, but at least she's consistent.

MsLuLuX
MsLuLuX
167 Followers