Vivian Laaning Ch. 61

Story Info
Affair with Jed ends, a new one begins with Sam Crawford.
5.7k words
4.5
3.2k
1
0

Part 61 of the 63 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 09/19/2017
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

As the famous maxim goes: "All good things must come to an end", and so that was the case with Vivian's affair with Jed Baxter as well. Although, Vivian had anticipated the possibility of such an ultimate outcome, still she was taken by surprise at the manner in the way her relationship with Jed was terminated. The relationship ended mainly by the instigation of Jed's wife Felicia.

Felicia Alice (née Carter) Baxter was frigid; she actually detested the sex act. Her abhorrence for sex was developed by the sexual abuse she suffered under the hands of her perverted father. Felicia was an only child, and once her mother died when she was just eight years of age, her father started sexually abusing her. Felicia hated every violation of her body by her father, which caused her to have a miserable childhood and adolescence. Finally, her father died when she was fifteen, and she went to live with her aunt, her mother's sister, for her two final years of high school.

During that junior year of high school, while walking home from school, three players of the school's football team lured her, and cajoled her to go for a ride in a car with them. Thereupon they repeatedly raped her before leaving her to make her own way home. With her aunt's encouragement she pressed rape charges against them.

However after the rape, the boys amongst themselves had concocted a plausible scenario for consensual sex. At trial their lawyers were cleverly able to punch holes in Felicia's testimony to make her an unreliable witness on her own behalf. As a result the jury believed the boys, and so they walked. Felicia was absolutely devastated, and lost all her self esteem and self worth.

Felicia at that point considered becoming a nun but as she was not sufficiently religious, that option was not really viable. So she just refused to go out on dates, and concentrated exclusively on school work. She decided that her ideal career would be to become a school teacher. With that vocation in mind she was accepted at Yale to pursue a B.A. with a major in English.

During Felicia's freshman year, Jed was finishing his final year at Yale in the process of obtaining his MBA degree. Because of a mistake in his curriculum planning, Jed was obliged to take an undergraduate arts course that year to fulfill his graduate degree requirements. Consequently, Jed and Felicia shared an English class together.

As they met, there was a recognized instant chemistry between them. It was a mutual love at first sight; there was no doubt in each other's mind they had met their soul mates.

After several dates, whereby their romance seemed to progress normally, they ended up eventually in bed. Up to that point Jed had no clue as to Felicia's reticence in sex. She seemed to have returned his kisses and seemed to enjoy all the petting and intimacy, they shared during those initial dates. However that night of their first sexual intercourse proved to be an unmitigated disaster.

Felicia just simply froze and did nothing to return his advances. She was simply a rag doll as she demonstratively tolerated Jed vaginally penetrating her. Jed was too overcome by his passion to put the brakes on. The sight of her total nakedness and the thought of sexually having the woman whom he knew was his true love for the first time, was too exciting for him not to fuck her especially as she never signaled "no".

He was well aware of the dryness of her cunt as he was fucking her but the friction of the sexual activity was sufficient impetus for him to ejaculate in her. When he finished, he quickly separated from her, knowing something was dreadfully wrong.

When Felicia had first met Jed, she did indeed believe that it truly was love at first sight. Their dates reinforced her initial intuition; if she was to have a man in her life it could only be Jed. She knew she was in love with him, and as much in love with him as she was capable of. Thus she psyched herself up each time she was with him.

She seemingly returned his kisses but her mind was not in it. When he touched her breasts her nipples did not harden. Her vagina remained dry whenever he touched her clit or labia. It took all of her will power not to visibly revolt against all the intimate touches of her body that Jed took advantage of during their dates. She was such a great actress in feigning pleasure that Jed had no clue of her distaste to their physical intimacies.

The night of that first sexual intercourse, she thought she could fake that as well. However as soon as coitus was inevitable, Felicia realized she would have to turn her mind blank if she was to allow him to fuck her. With such mind set the sexual intercourse was excruciatingly painful; more so than the rape she had endured in high school. In the latter case her mind was terrorized by the crime perpetrated on her that the actual physical pain was blocked from her brain. But with Jed her wish was to have a pleasurable outcome, and as that was not the case made the sex act exponentially more unbearable .

Unfortunately, the physical pain resulting from her unpreparedness to accept the sexual act was too noticeable to be ignored in her brain. When Jed turned away from her after his climax, tears flowed freely from her eyes. She had been found out, and she knew that she owed him an explanation.

Thus she turned to him and sobbingly confessed her past. It was an obvious conclusion that her issues with sex had to do with her past. She emphasized that she loved him and couldn't think of a better man than him. She explained she had tried with all her will power to become his woman, and be everything to him as she ought to be, but her past was torturing her mind, and preventing her from being sexual.

Jed was livid, and infuriated with her story. Upon hearing her account he realized he was absolutely, and truly in love with her or he would not have felt as strongly as he did. He was devastated to learn of her suffering. One of his initial reactions was to curse that her father was dead, as he was denied the vengeance he would have exacted. He knew he would have inflicted great bodily harm on him if not actually have murdered him. As for her rapists, the first thing out of his mouth after she had finished telling him of her past was:

"Felicia I promise you this upon my solemn word of honor: I will see to it that those men who defiled your body will pay. I will ruin them. It is too bad your father isn't alive or I would have punished him as well."

Jed eventually fulfilled that promise although he kept Felicia uninformed. Felicia was surprised by his reaction. She had expected that he would have been horrified by her tribulations. However, to desire revenge on her behalf was not something she would have imagined. To her mind this had to be proof positive that he loved her, and she was grateful.

Thus, she replied:

"Oh Jed that's the sweetest thing you could have said, but please do not distress yourself on my account. Those men are so worthless; they do not even merit your contempt. But Jed if you seriously want me to be your girlfriend I will try my darnest to be the girlfriend you deserve."

With that said, they continued to date and when she finished her degree at Yale they got married. Felicia never refused having sex with him, and they did have two children a boy first and then a girl. Although she did not react in horror like she blatantly did that first night of sex, still she could not participate enthusiastically in their sexual activity. It was obvious to Jed that Felicia never enjoyed anything about their lovemaking. She tried therapy with a renowned sex therapist in Chicago but the counseling did not take.

With the lack of enthusiasm on her part, Jed's libido deteriorated. The frequency of sex between them slowly but inevitably dried up. Felicia for her part did not regret the lack of sex but she recognized what a blow it was to him, and how inadequate she was to him in this aspect of their marriage. So she took matters into her own hands by stating about a year after the birth of their daughter:

"Look Jed I know I'm not the sexual wife you deserve. I am grateful that you do love me, and I am satisfied that you do love me. I in turn love you very much, as much as I'm capable of loving a man. Because I love you so much I want to relieve you of any guilt or anxiety you may have or feel when you have sex with another woman."

As Jed was about to protest and probably make an insincere claim that he had remained faithful, she held up her hand to stop him and continued:

"Look Jed, my women's intuition suggests that you have not strictly stuck to your marriage vows. There seems to be the occasional weekend now and then that seems unaccountable considering what I know of your routines. Now if I was sexual and providing satisfactory sex for you, we would have a fight on our hands, but the truth is I'm not. So there is no way I have the right to demand fidelity.

"What I do ask of you is that you do not bring scandal upon us. You are a very prominent and a very newsworthy man so you have to be on guard against the paparazzi who'd love to report a salacious story about you. So if you can be careful, and not get caught, I would be content and continue to love you as much as I can, no matter how many other women you may have sex with. I want to remain your wife, but should you ever become dissatisfied with our marriage such as it is, I will not impede you in any way."

In her frank admission that her frigidity was a major problem, Felicia intimated that her love was so strong that she would not be hurt by his having sex with other women since this was something she could not supply. She was lying of course, because her knowledge of his adultery sure did hurt. She was mortified to find herself in a position where she was forced to condone, and to even encourage adultery by her husband. But it was her cross to bear.

This blunt agreement did provide some solace for Felicia, and of course for Jed as well. Jed needed sex but he truly loved Felicia. So he certainly had vague guilt feelings whenever he fucked another woman or attended the sex orgies at the TLR. However, with it out in the open that he now had explicit permission from Felicia to have sex with other women, he was able to easily subdue any lingering guilt feelings. This removal of guilt caused him to be grateful, and more prone to please Felicia even more. As a result he was very attentive to her and to her feelings.

With their understanding, he seriously considered Felicia's sound advice for caution. He had to acknowledge that nothing more would make a paparazzi's day then having a compromising photo of him with a woman not his wife made public. No doubt the tabloids in such cases would be full of lurid suppositions. To ward off such suspicions in every date with another woman, he would prepare a plausible, and an innocent exculpatory reason for the presence of his date. With Vivian, Jed was much more incautious than with his other dates. By palming her off as an associate lawyer of his retained law firm he was somewhat able to defuse suspicion.

Jed was cognizant of the possibility that some of his dates outside of the TLR orgies might be predatory enough to try and entrap him to leave Felicia. They might even try to get themselves pregnant to advance such ambition. Up to know he was fortunate enough with the women he had fucked in this regard. He was either substantially certain that the woman was practicing birth control or he utilized a condom in other cases. Since he was definitely content with his two children borne by Felicia he really had no desire to sire more. So to be absolutely safe, he decided to undergo a vasectomy and advised Felicia of such development. This bit of information had been withheld from Vivian.

The frank mutual understanding of the true status of the their marital sexual arrangement, certainly made Felicia feel more secure, but she dared not to let it all fall into chance and hope for the best. Instead she employed Ellery Snodgrass, a private investigator, on a permanent retainer to keep tabs on Jed's extramarital sexual encounters.

Felicia's purpose was not to secure evidence to hold against Jed, against any possible divorce proceeding. She believed that if she was armed with information of his women, she would be able to nip any potential problems in the bud. Her intentions were if any affair of Jed had the potential of causing scandal, or threatening destruction of her marriage, she would have foreknowledge from which she could utilize to rectify the situation, and preserve her marriage.

One example of the efficacy of her vigilance was the case of an attractive weather girl employed by one of the Chicago local television channels. Ellery's investigation revealed that this bimbo had been boasting to her friends, that she had a secret prominent lover, and as soon as she would lure him away from his wife, she would shock the world. The situation was getting dicey as her friends suspected she must be referring to Jed Baxter, given the hints she revealed to them.

At least the weather girl was smart enough not to actually identify him, as she knew she would be unceremoniously dumped by him. In any case, luckily Jed's reputation was so unsullied that her friends did not believe she was actually having an affair with him, but was merely hoping to start one.

Before the situation could get out of hand Ellery had uncovered an unexpurgated video of the clearly unmistakable weather girl having sex with a former boyfriend. Under Felicia's instructions Ellery arranged for the video to be available for circulation amongst various internet sites causing a minor tabloid scandal in Chicago. The tart was summarily fired by her employer, and was never heard from again.

When Felicia first got wind of the presence of Vivian in Jed's sex life, she wasn't unduly alarmed. After all how long could an affair with a farmer's daughter last? However, the relationship was now in its third year, and showed no signs of letting up. So Felicia ordered a full and extensive background check on Vivian. She was truly alarmed at the report, especially the information that Jed had advanced a substantial sum of money to the whore's (Vivian in Felicia's mind) sister to help finance the latter's opening of a restaurant.

Felicia knew that her husband was a genius businessman, and never made an unsound money matter decision. To make such a risky loan to virtually a novice entrepreneur was demonstrably foolhardy; quite out of character for Jed. The only rationale explanation for Jed's generosity had to be that he was enchanted by the allure of this farmer's gold-digging daughter. Even more alarming was that Jed was not fucking any other woman for over two years save and except for his attendance at TLR orgies. Even at that he and Vivian went to one together.

It was clear to Felicia that the situation between Jed and Vivian had become critical. And something had to be done to dissuade the relationship or her marriage would fall into serious jeopardy. So Felicia took matters into her own hands, and got in touch with Vivian to schedule a luncheon meeting at the Tower House café in the Sears Tower.(now known as the Willis Tower) The café was restricted to employees of the tower, but Felicia qualified as member of the board of Baxter and Sons, although she seldom attended. Of course Vivian as an associate lawyer with Kirkland, Meyer & McDermott was a regular habitué of the café. Although curious by the invitation, Vivian accepted without any trepidation. After they had obtained their food, they were seated at a secluded spot where they could converse without interruption. Felicia started with:

"First of all Ms Laaning, you need not fear any reprisal from your employer should you arrive back at work somewhat tardy. I've contacted your direct supervisor conveying to him as to the possibility of your lunch break being extended. Naturally, as my husband and his company are the most prominent clients of your firm there was no protest."

"Oh? Do you anticipate that our conversation will be a long one? Considering that we are strangers and have never met before, I fail to see how we can engage in a protracted discussion."

"It might be a short discussion indeed if you can be reasonable. You must have a good inkling as to why I've in effect summoned you for this meeting."

"On the contrary Mrs Baxter, you are quite mistaken at such supposition. I am at loss to account for this invitation for lunch."

"Ms Laaning you should not be coy with me, as I'm not a woman to be messed with. It has come to my attention that you have been whoring with my husband for more than two years."

"It has come to your attention? Just now? And how has it come to your attention? Has Mr Baxter advised you of this state of affairs?"

"No in consideration of my feelings, my husband does not divulge which sluts or bimbos he consorts with. I'll have you know that I employ a private investigator to ascertain the nature of his extramarital activities."

"Oh really? And why pray tell do you do that?"

"To make sure that none of you bimbos do not overwhelm him with your siren allurements, and make him forget himself and his stature in the community."

"Gee! What I know of your husband is that he is very cognizant of his place in society, and is very circumspect in dealing with the bimbos and sluts including myself. By the way I won't quarrel with you about such a disparaging description of me."

"You ought to know or surely you realize he will never leave me, and divorce me to marry you."

"Well if that's the case what are you worried about?"

"But your sexuality and your charms may entice him sufficiently, to make him lose his sense of his own responsibilities."

"Well if that should happen then bravo for me. I'm sure I'll be happy in such circumstances. But I'm just as happy to remain as his mistress, and if he later on doesn't want me as his mistress: well as the French would say, 'c'est la vie'. Besides since you don't like fucking him, then I fail to see why you should be so concerned."

Realizing she was getting nowhere in persuading Vivian to abandon Jed, Felicia decided to try another tact. According to the detective's background check, Vivian, unlike most of her female peers who were ambivalent on the subject, had indicated that she would definitely want to become mother and fairly soon at that. So Felicia asked:

"You're not pregnant are you?"

"Not that it's any of your business, but so far my periods have been regular."

"From my information of you, I understand you had your IUD removed some two years plus, and you had not consulted a physician subsequently for a new birth control measure to be undertaken. In the meantime you have been very sexually active with Jed since then."

"I guess I'm not fecund."

"Well that could be an explanation, but the better explanation is that Jed has undergone a vasectomy."

"What? Are you sure?"

"He told me, and there seems no reason for him to lie about that. He has two children by me, and he told me they were sufficient for his life desires. Especially, he did not want to sire a child by another woman; hence the vasectomy."

Vivian pondered at that information. She recalled that at Angela's wedding when they first got it on, Jed had been cavalier in reacting to her unsolicited assurance that she was utilizing birth control measures. His unconcern at that time now seems in a different light a clearer understanding of his insouciance. Seeing Vivian so crestfallen by this info, Felicia could sense she had just struck a nerve that overturned all of Vivian's desires and ambitions in continuing with a relationship with Jed. Accordingly, she said:

"You know that Jed is out of the country for the next two weeks pursuing some business ventures. I'm having a cocktail party at our place this Saturday night starting at eight, Included amongst the guests are at least half a dozen of the most promising eligible bachelors in Chicago. You're welcome to come."

12